PDA

View Full Version : Forum Member's Brother unexpectedly passed away....

SHIVAN
12-31-18, 13:19
If you can spare some, give some. There is internet life, and there is real life -- and death.

Billy Shepperson (https://www.gofundme.com/billy-shepperson-family-fund?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR2sMF8LoMgTCOJ2gdD2TwjdRpxErWuh0uYRNu0nUBV6g1yGeBtvodU7KzY)

Also, if you want to be "that guy" and dredge up some internet life BS, tread lightly. This is my first, last, and only warning on that matter. Account continuity is at stake for those who think I am playing around.

Thank you all.

Ed

12-31-18, 13:23
Never good time for this but around the holidays seems to hurt a little more. Prayers out to the family.

RIP Mr. Shepperson. I hope the family somehow finds peace in this painful time.

Buckaroo
12-31-18, 13:39
Wow, having been a young father working on a ranch I can't imagine...Thanks for letting us know.
Prayers for his family in their time of need.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OH58D
12-31-18, 14:02
Very sad. Looks like folks out here in ranch country New Mexico. I hate to see this sort of thing.

MAUSER202
12-31-18, 18:07
Prayers for him and his family, thanks for the link.

SeriousStudent
12-31-18, 20:04
Billy was a good man. He served his country, then came back home to run the family ranch.

He was an 8541 - a Marine Scout/Sniper team leader. He was decorated for his actions during the battle of Fallujah. He and his rifle saved the lives of multiple Marines and Soldiers during that battle.

He leaves behind a wife and 18-month-old daughter, trying to run a ranch that has been in their family for four generations.

Myself and others here have donated. Please do the same if you have the ability to do so.

You would have been honored to call him a friend.

Fair winds and following seas.

AndyLate
12-31-18, 20:59
My sympathies to his brother and family. I always hate to see a great young man taken from his family.

Andy

SHIVAN
01-01-19, 14:21
Let's get those numbers up guys.

26 Inf
01-01-19, 15:07
Get on in here Marines.

Hats off and prays to Billy's family

SeriousStudent
01-01-19, 15:49
Get on in here Marines.

Hats off and prays to Billy's family

Indeed, I have let fellow members of the Tribe know that one has fallen.

For those who have given, thank you very much. For those who have not had a chance to do so yet, please consider any donation you can to help the widow and child.

Please pass the word.

HKGuns
01-01-19, 16:04
Donated. RIP Marine.

titsonritz
01-01-19, 18:49
I saw this last night, cried then went and got drunk. My dad is a Marine, he unexpectedly lost his wife of 52 years, my mother, 3 weeks ago. Please accept my modest donation with my deepest sorrow on their behalf. R.I.P. Marine you are in the best of company.

Coal Dragger
01-01-19, 19:51
Just need to get home, don’t trust the hotel WiFi security for financial transactions.

opngrnd
01-01-19, 20:50
Helped as I could. Godspeed, Marine.

26 Inf
01-01-19, 22:54
Just need to get home, don’t trust the hotel WiFi security for financial transactions.

Count yourself lucky that the hotel wifi let M4C through. Traveling for work?

26 Inf
01-01-19, 22:58
I saw this last night, cried then went and got drunk. My dad is a Marine, he unexpectedly lost his wife of 52 years, my mother, 3 weeks ago. Please accept my modest donation with my deepest sorrow on their behalf. R.I.P. Marine you are in the best of company.

Please accept my condolences regarding your loss. My mother died last year just after Thanksgiving, and I know how hard the Holidays can be. Hope you can be there as needed for your Dad.

Coal Dragger
01-01-19, 23:31
Count yourself lucky that the hotel wifi let M4C through. Traveling for work?

Yes, RR engineer. So traveling for work is literally part of the job.

26 Inf
01-01-19, 23:40
Yes, RR engineer. So traveling for work is literally part of the job.

That was why I asked. I always run across crew van's travelling 50 highway in Kansas. I hope yours are better maintained if you have to ride one.

Bacl on topic, the go-fund-me has jumped quite a bit this evening.

SHIVAN
01-02-19, 09:48
Word is getting out, and that's good.

Tigereye
01-02-19, 19:05
Thanks for the heads up.

AndyLate
01-02-19, 20:13
Can funding be transferred to the family now, or only after the goal is met?

I swear I tried to read the gofundme FAQ. If my question takes away from the thread, please delete.

Andy

SeriousStudent
01-02-19, 20:22
I believe they have access to the funds as they come in. I'll try and wade through the website and confirm that.

AndyLate
01-02-19, 20:28
I believe they have access to the funds as they come in. I'll try and wade through the website and confirm that.

I was just curious. It may be a moot point, people are awesome sometimes. It looks like it may wrap up by Friday or Saturday.

Andy

ST911
01-02-19, 20:32
https://www.pierfh.com/notices/Billy-Shepperson

Sergeant Billy James Shepperson was born on May 18th, 1978 in Casper, Wyoming during a spring blizzard to Jim and Alice Shepperson, joining his older brother Baxter into the Shepperson household.

Billy studied Agricultural Business at Casper College after graduating from Hot Springs County High School in 1996. In February 2001, Billy enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, attending recruit training at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot - San Diego, California. Following initial training, Billy was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment where he served as a rifleman and Scout-Sniper. As part of his service, Billy attended and successfully graduated from the Marine Corps Scout-Sniper School and deployed overseas three times to include two combat tours to Iraq in 2003 and 2004. Billy’s decorations include the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (3), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, and the Purple Heart.

Upon completion of his service in the Marine Corps in 2005, Billy alternated between trips to the Middle East operating in the security sector and spending his time pursuing his true loves of ranching, roping, fishing, hunting, traveling and all things outdoors.

On December 5th 2015, Billy was married to Clare Galpin of Cheltenham, England. Surrounded by friends and family, Billy and Clare celebrated their marriage with a beautiful formal ceremony, officiated by Billy’s life-long friend, Mr. Thomas Baker of Cheyenne at Silver Gate, Montana in August 2016.

On July 5 2017, Billy and Clare welcomed daughter Alice Rose into their home and threw all their effort into supporting the family ranching operation in Lance Creek.

Tragically, Billy departed this life on Thursday 27 December, 2018 at Wyoming Regional Hospital Cheyenne. A life as rich as Billy’s and lived as he chose is impossible to capture in words, but can be characterized by a lifelong commitment to loud music, accurate guns, fast horses and unforgettable times. He had an unbounded soul, cutting wit, and an absolute love for his family, friends and the Corps. He will be greatly missed.

Billy is preceded in death by his mother Alice Gibson and, grandmother Billie Jean Beaton, grandfather Frank Shepperson and grandparents Conrad and June Gibson.

Billy is survived by wife Clare, daughter Alice, stepson Matthew, father James L Shepperson and his wife Waive, brother Baxter, sister-in-law Regina and his niece Naomi and nephew James.

SHIVAN
01-03-19, 12:21
Any amount helps reach the goal. I know it's a tough time for a lot of folks being only a few weeks after Christmas, but even $5 helps.

AndyLate
01-11-19, 13:48
The fund is still about $22,000 short of the goal.

Andy

SeriousStudent
01-11-19, 19:22
The fund is still about $22,000 short of the goal.

Andy

I know, and we still need to keep getting the word out.

Thanks for everything folks have been able to do so far.

SHIVAN
01-21-19, 20:57
Billy was a contributor here, and in our other communities too:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?37002-Review-of-SR-25-sniper-rifle-as-used-in-Battle-of-Fallujah&fbclid=IwAR1q8QNl9YZalZUK6SmYVPLdpE36Sk-1U5LZrrKHiS0PyZJjJa-LtmJmX9k

Please help out if you can.

LoboTBL
01-22-19, 21:53
Happy to do what I could. Condolences to the family. RIP

ETA shared on FB

tb-av
01-22-19, 22:15
You would have been honored to call him a friend.

That's the impression I got from the photo on the GFM page.

Sad days.

tb-av
01-22-19, 22:23

Not sure about GFM but some of those sites refund all the money if the goal is not met.

ETA: I don't do much on social media but if I did, I would be Facebooking and hashtagging this. I would also try to get it in front on someone like Glenn Beck, Gary Sinise, Trace Adkins, etc.. they have so many followers that it could put it over the top in a day. I just don't have those type accounts.

RobertTheTexan
01-23-19, 14:46
They're now at 32k/50k. they had better not refund the money. I think whatever is raised is given to the family. Prayers for the family and our M4Cer. Hopefully she's got some family that can give her some on-site support and love.

SeriousStudent
01-23-19, 19:23
They're now at 32k/50k. they had better not refund the money. I think whatever is raised is given to the family. Prayers for the family and our M4Cer. Hopefully she's got some family that can give her some on-site support and love.

Robert, you will be relieved to know that she has an awesome family, that loves her and that little girl very much.

RobertTheTexan
01-26-19, 12:56
Robert, you will be relieved to know that she has an awesome family, that loves her and that little girl very much.

That does my heart and mind good to know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Pappabear
01-26-19, 13:23
Shivan, thanks for sharing. A worthwhile helping hand is deserved.

SeriousStudent
01-26-19, 13:32
That does my heart and mind good to know that. Thanks for letting me know.

You are welcome.

3 AE
02-16-19, 00:08
Just a bump to the top. The fund is 2/3rds there to the goal. Whatever amount you can give will help a fallen warrior's family. It's the least we can do.