PDA

View Full Version : New Bowl Game Sponsorship idea

OH58D
12-31-18, 16:07
At this time of year we are inundated by every kind of college football Bowl Game, with sponsorship in the name. Right now I am watching the Autozone Liberty Bowl. They all have a sponsor's name connected with it. All of these participating teams have had some level of success in their college divisions. I want to offer something different since I am getting tired of the GoodYear Cotton Bowl, Allstate Sugar Bowl, etc.

Instead of the best teams, I would like a Bowl game with the two absolute worst teams in college football playing. These two teams will have not won a single game in years, but this bowl game would be their opportunity to pull out a win.

The sponsor for this game would be America's oldest manufacturer of bathroom fixtures, having been around for more than 140 years. This would be American Standard of Piscataway, New Jersey.

I present to you:

The American Standard Toilet Bowl

Every touchdown would include the sound effect of a toilet flush, and the winning team would receive a crystal commode as a trophy.

ggammell
12-31-18, 19:13
Brilliant.

FlyingHunter
12-31-18, 20:04
Awesome. Tidy even.

Campbell
12-31-18, 23:17
I’m in... it is beyond ridiculous.

OH58D
01-01-19, 00:30
I’m in... it is beyond ridiculous.
Sure it is, but the sponsorship names are starting to get weird like the Cheez-It Bowl or the Play Station Fiesta Bowl. For once you could have a sponsor whose product has a real catchy name, and the product matches the level of play...literally and figuratively. The absolute worst of NCAA football.

I wonder which ESPN on-air sports "celebrities" would get to announce the thing? However, just the name may attract more viewership than you could imagine, just because the average TV viewer would tune in a train wreck if they knew where to find it.

Campbell
01-01-19, 05:47
Sure it is, but the sponsorship names are starting to get weird like the Cheez-It Bowl or the Play Station Fiesta Bowl. For once you could have a sponsor whose product has a real catchy name, and the product matches the level of play...literally and figuratively. The absolute worst of NCAA football.

I wonder which ESPN on-air sports "celebrities" would get to announce the thing? However, just the name may attract more viewership than you could imagine, just because the average TV viewer would tune in a train wreck if they knew where to find it.

What I meant is, the current state of bowl games is ridiculous, the toilet bowl is awesome! 👍🏻

daddyusmaximus
01-01-19, 08:42
Genius.

OH58D
01-01-19, 11:03
I owe this line of thinking to someone I got to see when a college student at the University of Arizona. I made the trip to Phoenix, I think in '80 or '81, with some Army ROTC buddies and went to see whom I think had an influence on my life - The Great George Carlin. That man was a genius in his analysis of society and language in general.

soulezoo
01-01-19, 13:13
Genius.

Agree