PDA

View Full Version : Moving from CA to AZ, with GUN ???

Pappabear
01-02-19, 15:20
So I have a Buddy that is in CA and moving to AZ and has mucho guns. What is the process to get your guns to AZ legally?

Any help is much appreciated.

PB

Slater
01-02-19, 15:39
I just packed mine with the rest of the household goods.

TomMcC
01-02-19, 15:43
Well, if he is driving them, then he should lock them, unloaded, in some sort of case. Pistols and long guns. A little surprised he doesn't know this already. Ammo and accouterments don't have to be locked up.

Pappabear
01-02-19, 15:46
He knows the whole locked up insanity, but does he have to deregister or some shit?

Or can you just pleasantly leave.

PB

TomMcC
01-02-19, 15:53
I just packed mine with the rest of the household goods.

This will work as long as you don't get searched, which I admit would probably not happen.

TomMcC
01-02-19, 15:56
He knows the whole locked up insanity, but does he have to deregister or some shit?

PB

Pretty sure you don't have to deregister. If he plans on going back with a gun or two to shoot with some old buddies he might want to keep them registered. If he wants to get off Ca.s radar, and I don't blame him, he could deregister them.

Slater
01-02-19, 16:04
This will work as long as you don't get searched, which I admit would probably not happen.

I had the usual large moving truck stuffed to the gills with furniture, clothes, kitchen stuff, etc. The guns were buried somewhere in that mess, but I never really gave it a thought as they were all civilian-legal weapons.

TomMcC
01-02-19, 16:06
I had the usual large moving truck stuffed to the gills with furniture, clothes, kitchen stuff, etc. The guns were buried somewhere in that mess, but I never really gave it a thought as they were all civilian-legal weapons.

I got to admit that when I bail, I'll probably do the same thing.

GAST
01-02-19, 16:24
We have legal permitless conceal carry here. I'm fairly certain that as long as he has no Class 3 items he should be good to go. I'd be more concerned leaving CA than arriving in AZ.

Iraqgunz
01-02-19, 17:03
You don't need to do anything. Lock them up in accordance with CA law until you cross the border.

PB

flenna
01-02-19, 17:40
You don't need to do anything. Lock them up in accordance with CA law until you cross the border.

And once you cross the border stop on the side of the road, get out of the car and do a little freedom dance.

Slater
01-02-19, 17:42
And then take a shower to get California off of you...

docsherm
01-02-19, 17:42
And once you cross the border stop on the side of the road, get out of the car and do a little freedom dance.

This is required I believe.......LOLOLOLOL

markm
01-02-19, 17:54

Then pull over and to a mag dump bag into that crappy state.

TomMcC
01-02-19, 18:03

I actually did something like this on a trip to Idaho some years back. As soon as I crossed the Ca. Border into Nevada, I unlocked and jacked a loaded mag into my pistol and AR. It felt mighty fine, I must say. I didn't cap them off though like mark suggested.

MistWolf
01-02-19, 19:44
Happiness Is Seeing "WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA" In Your Rear View Mirror