PDA

View Full Version : aimpoint comp c3 nice alternative to ML3?

lanceriley
11-04-08, 10:13
http://www.aimpoint.com/products/aimpoint_product_lines/aimpoint_compc3

I want to know everyone's opinion on this. Im not LEO / Military just your regular weekend warrior. im not going to be diving underwater with my m16.

My wish list is an aimpoint ML3 with Larue LT150 mount

Can I use the C3 instead? looks similar, sized similar except for water resistance and temperature resistance everything looks alright.. any other difference I missed? I think LT150 would work on this since it's a 30mm tube right?

Patrick Aherne
11-04-08, 12:25
Unless you are submersing the optic below 15 feet, the C3 is fine for most regular guys and cops. Buy the C3, spend the money you saved on ammo and training.

Flipside
11-04-08, 12:28
I agree with your thoughts. However, the C3 is getting hard to find with all the newer versions coming out...

sff70
11-04-08, 15:12
Get the C3, it does just about everything the M3/ML3 does.

Grant (G&R Tactical) has them in stock last time I looked.

lanceriley
11-04-08, 17:42
yes i don't go diving with my rifle.

so physically it looks the same?
glass quality?
does it also have the scope flip up covers like the ML2/ML3?
Holds zero as well?
Physically can you tell the difference aside from markings?

czydj
11-04-08, 19:37
yes i don't go diving with my rifle.

so physically it looks the same?
glass quality?
does it also have the scope flip up covers like the ML2/ML3?
Holds zero as well?
Physically can you tell the difference aside from markings?

Here ya go, from an authority on the platform:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7019

C4IGrant
11-04-08, 19:43
The C3 is a fantastic deal. We also offer M4C members discounts on them.

C4

CooperM
11-04-08, 19:54
lanceriley

What prices have you seen and where are you going to buy?

Mark

lanceriley
11-04-08, 23:08
well... it's really a hard choice for me I was already going to buy the comp ML3 w/ larue lt150 or lt 129 mount ( I just like the look of the cantilever. no real purpose just CDI factor ) but the C3 made me think again.

2nd... I live in the Philippines. Im gona have to ask somebody from the U.S. to buy the stuffs for me and ship it over..... and lastly... looks like OBAMA won. should I get more pmags? :(

unless somebody here offers to sell me thier Comp ML3

Flipside
11-05-08, 10:43
I live in the Philippines. Im gona have to ask somebody from the U.S. to buy the stuffs for me and ship it over

Knowingly exporting a restricted product can lead to prison time for the shipper...

czydj
11-05-08, 10:47
Knowingly exporting a restricted product can lead to prison time for the shipper...

Are the Philippines a restricted destination?

lanceriley
11-05-08, 11:01
If you don't get an import permit your items will be seized!

but if you do have the import permits ... no problem.

Flipside
11-05-08, 17:47
Are the Philippines a restricted destination?

Aimpoint's site shows "FOR USA ONLY" in big red letters on its home page...

There's an export classification code for EVERYTHING. It's product specific, not destination specific, unless there's some embargo or similar being imposed by Uncle Sam. Most things military are not allowed for export because the technology could fall into the wrong hands, or otherwise be used against 'us'.

My original post was in response to the statement quoted. If a restricted product (per its ECCN) is exported from the USA, and it isn't supposed to go there, the sender can spend time in the gray bar hotel.

lanceriley
11-05-08, 19:11
many things are said to be sold for usa use only but they still get imported to my country. Even hi cap mags. we don't have laws against it. but all our mags have the markings "for law enforcement use only"

sgtmajor
11-06-08, 13:52
is the battary life on these good as well?

sff70
11-06-08, 14:04
Yes, C3 has same battery life as M3/ML3.

From a post by FJB (Lt Col Blish)

An Aimpoint optic that is often over looked by many law enforcement and civilians is the CompC3. The CompC3 is essentially the M3 except that it is not NVD compatible (like the M3) and not submersible to 150 feet (like the M/ML3). The C3 is only submersible to 15 feet or 5 meters. It has a 50,000 hour (over five years) battery life (1/3N Lithium) on setting 7 of 10.

Manufacturer Advertised Pricing (MAP) is $373 for a C3 vice $500 for an M3 or $449 for an ML3.

CompC3s are every bit as rugged as an M/ML 3 when properly mounted in a quality mount and has the same incredible battery life. So unless you plan to use NVDs or scuba dive with your Aimpoint, the CompC3 is a very viable and cost efficient optic for most LE and civilian applications.

sgtmajor
11-06-08, 14:34
Yes, C3 has same battery life as M3/ML3.

From a post by FJB (Lt Col Blish)

An Aimpoint optic that is often over looked by many law enforcement and civilians is the CompC3. The CompC3 is essentially the M3 except that it is not NVD compatible (like the M3) and not submersible to 150 feet (like the M/ML3). The C3 is only submersible to 15 feet or 5 meters. It has a 50,000 hour (over five years) battery life (1/3N Lithium) on setting 7 of 10.

Manufacturer Advertised Pricing (MAP) is $373 for a C3 vice $500 for an M3 or $449 for an ML3.

CompC3s are every bit as rugged as an M/ML 3 when properly mounted in a quality mount and has the same incredible battery life. So unless you plan to use NVDs or scuba dive with your Aimpoint, the CompC3 is a very viable and cost efficient optic for most LE and civilian applications.

thanks for the info. i my be purchasing one as well.

lanceriley
11-06-08, 18:04
ah lucky for you... I'll probably have to ask the gunstore to import it for me.

adh
11-06-08, 18:26
Grant, Do you still have ADM/Larue Package deals available with the C3?

Parabellum9x19mm
11-07-08, 04:11
Grant,

if we want a discount on the C3, should we place the order over the phone? or is there a way to link our account on M4C to our account on G&R Tac for an instant discount?

i bought my ML3 direct from LaRue. to be honest, i don't think i even knew about the C3 at the time when i placed the order.

thanks!

packinheavy
11-08-08, 12:48
I think I will be contacting Grant for one of these shortly. I need another good red dot and I use Aimpoints for almost everything, so this is a good choice.

sgtmajor
11-08-08, 23:57
Grant,

if we want a discount on the C3, should we place the order over the phone? or is there a way to link our account on M4C to our account on G&R Tac for an instant discount?

i bought my ML3 direct from LaRue. to be honest, i don't think i even knew about the C3 at the time when i placed the order.

thanks!

i would like to know how to get the discount as well. c3 with larue package maybe:confused:

C4IGrant
11-10-08, 08:10
Grant, Do you still have ADM/Larue Package deals available with the C3?

Yes.

C4

C4IGrant
11-10-08, 08:10
Grant,

thanks!

Please give us a call.

C4