PDA

View Full Version : mag springs

skipper49
11-04-08, 15:04
If McCain loses tonight I'm ordering some more of Brownells mags tomorrow.
I've been using their mags for a year or so with the chrome silicone springs with no problem at all. I've since read some negative posts about the CS springs and wondered what you guys favor in the way of springs, the stainless or cs?

Skip

Iraqgunz
11-04-08, 15:13
Just save yourself any thoughts and buy some PMAGS. You won't regret it. Also, you still have many months before there is a chance of any AWB stuff passing.

markm
11-04-08, 15:13
Mil spec all the way. I've never had any issues with stainless.

Plus, Magpul tested the piss out of springs for corrosion resistance when they were developing the PMAG, and SS was best by a long shot.

Same goes for my buffer spring. I don't mind having to change out the spring every 5k or so.

C4IGrant
11-04-08, 19:39
If McCain loses tonight I'm ordering some more of Brownells mags tomorrow.
I've been using their mags for a year or so with the chrome silicone springs with no problem at all. I've since read some negative posts about the CS springs and wondered what you guys favor in the way of springs, the stainless or cs?

Skip

CS springs are bad when you buy cheap ones (as they will rust). This is why I only use ISMI mag springs.

C4

SwatDawg15
11-04-08, 23:51
I agree with going with P-Mags.. only a couple dollars difference and much more of a mag.. IMHO