PDA

View Full Version : How do people live like this?

kwelz
01-08-19, 13:41
As some of you know, I am a REALTOR. One of my clients is an out of state company that purchases properties at tax sale. The hopes are that the people will redeem the property. It is an easy 15% ROI. But in some cases the properties are not redeemed and the houses have to be resold. Now most of the ones that don't get redeemed are abandoned or have people living there that just don't care. So you can imagine what they are like.

But I think I have seen the absolute worst I could ever imagine. Imagine an episode of hoarders. Then imagine a pet cemetery that has had a plow run through it. Then multiply that by 10... You can smell it before you even get to the doors...
Trash bags of used cat litter, feces everywhere, at least 3 dead cats, a mid sized dog, and a couple other animals I couldn't identify. And that was before I even got to the basement. Access to the kitchen was impossible and the bedrooms were even worse than the pictures I am posting here.

The best quote I got for cleaning this place out was almost 10K. Just to clear the trash out and pull up the carpet.

Since I had to see this shit show I thought I would also inflict it upon the rest of you. I really need a new line of work...

https://i.imgur.com/inEx5ZF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ENptS2w.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yhG3ssX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/91HP8vO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/McO5KBh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gjRYhb1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jud4rOF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eueyTDZ.jpg

thopkins22
01-08-19, 13:59
I saw the first image, was about to undercut your best offer...and then wow.

It’s sad. That’s a bonafide mental condition. Not a lack of willpower or discipline. I bet they hated living in those conditions but were mentally unable to fix it with the tools they had. Hope they are able to get some help.

chuckman
01-08-19, 13:59
Damn....

I have to say though, when I was a paramedic I want to many homes that were like that. It doesn't take away the nastiness or the amazement that people are willing to do that or live like that.

officerX
01-08-19, 14:01
Burn it down

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Nowski87
01-08-19, 14:37
I work in pest management and my techs deal with this regularly. We have gotten to the point that if we suspect the house being unserviceable while taking on the phone we will forgo offering services. If for some reason they can buffalo us in to sending a tech out we have to fill out a form letting them know why we won’t service the property and left. And don’t get me started on people calling us because the state is now involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rero360
01-08-19, 14:38
I had friends in high school, their mom was a hoarder, their trailer looked a lot like that, except for their bedroom, nice and clean.

donlapalma
01-08-19, 15:03
I've lived in some neighborhoods where, just driving down the street, you would see people's garages that look like this. I would always wonder if the inside of their homes looked that way. I agree, that for some, there are some legit mental issues going on and I hope they are being treated. For those that are just outright lazy? Well, whatever makes them happy I guess.

Doc Safari
01-08-19, 15:16
I think it's a form of dementia or clinical depression. I had a friend who got evicted from his apartment for having stuff piled up everywhere. It was like he simply lacked the energy to put anything away.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-08-19, 15:22
Damn....

I have to say though, when I was a paramedic I want to many homes that were like that. It doesn't take away the nastiness or the amazement that people are willing to do that or live like that.

I was going to say that, while that is bad, those of in first responder careers go into homes that bad or worse on an almost daily basis. Just insane.

Averageman
01-08-19, 15:29
Man that's extreme and obviously they have some mental issues and are unable to care for themselves. I'm going to assume that they had kids living in that pig sty.
Honestly, if they did I hope you'll call CPS and have them come take a look.
I am OCD, so about two minutes of that would be all I could handle before I lost it.

I think it's a form of dementia or clinical depression. I had a friend who got evicted from his apartment for having stuff piled up everywhere. It was like he simply lacked the energy to put anything away.

I don't know, I have depression and I'm just the opposite.

Straight Shooter
01-08-19, 15:35
DAMN- Im broke AF and I wouldnt walk thru the door for 10G..let along clean it for that much.

GH41
01-08-19, 15:40
I'll take the cleanup job for 10K if I can get a 30 yard dumpster within 50 feet of the house. It's bad but not that bad.

26 Inf
01-08-19, 15:42

Those are good observations. A buddy who did foreclosures at a metro SO said that he would spend a lot of his time getting folks he foreclosed on hooked up with social and mental health services.

And it isn't just limited to ne'er do wells. I had a neighbor who specialized in high-end bathrooms. He would bitch about putting an $80,000 bathroom in a house that he had to move stuff out of the way to get through to the bathroom. He'd say 'they may be lawyers, but they are trashy people.'

And a lot of it is the way you are raised.

Doc Safari
01-08-19, 15:45
And a lot of it is the way you are raised.

It's true. Personally I can stand a little bit of dust on a shelf or a dust bunny here and there, but I can't stand clutter and stuff thrown on the floor. I think people who let things get that bad just keep rationalizing, "I'll get to it one of these days....I'll get to it one of these days....One more thing in this corner isn't going to matter...", etc.

prdubi
01-08-19, 15:49
One of my clients..is a big NFA collector but a hoarder....
Retired exec. but really into prepping.

Really sad..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Averageman
01-08-19, 15:49
It's true. Personally I can stand a little bit of dust on a shelf or a dust bunny here and there, but I can't stand clutter and stuff thrown on the floor. I think people who let things get that bad just keep rationalizing, "I'll get to it one of these days....I'll get to it one of these days....One more thing in this corner isn't going to matter...", etc.

My Grandma used to say, "You may not have a choice about being poor, but it doesn't cost hardly anything to be clean."
That was the neatest person I ever knew.

LRRPF52
01-08-19, 15:53
Time to cleanse it with fire.

Nobody should have to live there after it was used for dead corpse storage.

kwelz
01-08-19, 15:59
Thankfully nobody was living there by the time we took possession. But we aren't sure how long ago they moved out either.

Once we have the work done it will be a hell of a house. But it is going to take a good 40K.

The pleasant surprise here was the lack of mold. I have had houses with so much mold that I burned my clothes afterwards.

AndyLate
01-08-19, 16:27
When I was in high school, I did a lot of odd jobs. I fixed fence, did some (crop) plowing, moved cattle, etc for an older guy. No problems, typical older rancher, until he asked me to come over for an afternoon and help him and his wife do some "spring cleaning".

They were both hoarders, with the typical stack of junk with paths in between. Their basement looked like the one in the OP's picture about 20 years before they hired me. When the basement started getting to full, they heaved stuff in, the filled up the stairwell with boxes of used but washed tin cans, newspapers, toilet tissue tubes, etc.

The good thing was that they were clean - no garbage, dead cats, or feces.

The bad part was that they would not let me throw anything away. If one said toss it, the other wanted to keep it. I think after an 8 hour day we took half a pickup box of stuff to the dump.

It was a sad, frustrating, eye opening day. I had never seen anything like it before.

Their kids has the house demolished when they both passed. There wasn't even a single momento worth saving by then.

Andy

kerplode
01-08-19, 16:52
A reasonable percentage of people are just filthy, lazy, dirtbags who are perfectly happy to live under a pile of trash and dead cats.

I'd clean that up by pushing it into a pile with a dozer...

Honu
01-08-19, 17:37
used to go into some when I was in the FD pretty sad usually people have had something that triggers it and they cant make it back to reality and or they just gave up

often we could not get a gurnee in and had to hand carry people out

its the smell of many of these things in person that is so insane on top of it

T2C
01-08-19, 17:57
I've walked through several houses that were that bad or worse over the years. That's why I carried a bottle of bleach in my work car. After leaving the house, I'd spill a good amount of bleach on a hard surface and walk through it to disinfect the bottom of my shoes. Gloves and a mask are also the order of the day.

I would imagine the neighbors were pleased as punch to see the occupants of that house move out of the area.

Vandal
01-08-19, 18:52
Tragically, most of the homes like this that I have been in are due to mental illness. There is a difference between being lazy and having a mental illness that leads to hoarding. I really do feel for those people.

Some drug houses are just as bad, but that problem is because the heroin or meth is all they care about.

SteyrAUG
01-08-19, 18:58
That’s a bonafide mental condition.

In most cases yes. And I've seen worse.

Hmac
01-08-19, 19:58
My wife was a home care and hospice nurse for more than a decade. She's seen worse. Episodes of "Hoarders" don't even faze her. Me..? I have a broad and deep experience with oddities of the human condition but I haven't seen worse. Hoarding is one of the mental illnesses I just can't wrap my brain around.

AKDoug
01-08-19, 20:09
I've seen worse as a first responder. I've cleaned up worse, and I'd do that one for $10K.

I am amazed at the lack of damage to the drywall in that place. The one I cleaned up, they got the neat idea to knock holes in the drywall and fill it with trash.. every..single..interior stud bay. Five of us stripped that entire 1800sf house in one weekend, junk and drywall off the walls. Two of those big 30yd dumpsters by the time we were done. No dead animals, though, so you're the winner there.

Averageman
01-08-19, 20:20
I'm really hoping there weren't kids living in there.

Firefly
01-08-19, 20:28
I try to live minimalist. The older I get, the less I need

OldState
01-08-19, 21:14
I had two friends with really messed up and dirty houses (not quite like that) when I was a kid. No mental illness but shear laziness. My one friends parents made a ton of money, had a beautiful house with nice furniture, etc. It just looked like they allowed a fraternity to use it as a party house for a few months; busted banisters and furniture, dirty plates and cloths all over.
The kids just did what they wanted. I remember walking in one summer night with my buddy and his mom and dad were watching a movie on the couch drinking some expensive wine and eating cheese.....in the middle of that absurd mess!

The other friend had two parents that hated one another but would not get divorced. They both refused to clean the house and it went down hill fast. The kids didn’t do shit to help.

titsonritz
01-08-19, 21:20
Believe it or not that is nothing, I've seen way worse.

Straight Shooter
01-08-19, 21:23
When I was in high school, I did a lot of odd jobs. I fixed fence, did some (crop) plowing, moved cattle, etc for an older guy. No problems, typical older rancher, until he asked me to come over for an afternoon and help him and his wife do some "spring cleaning".

They were both hoarders, with the typical stack of junk with paths in between. Their basement looked like the one in the OP's picture about 20 years before they hired me. When the basement started getting to full, they heaved stuff in, the filled up the stairwell with boxes of used but washed tin cans, newspapers, toilet tissue tubes, etc.

The bad part was that they would not let me throw anything away. If one said toss it, the other wanted to keep it. I think after an 8 hour day we took half a pickup box of stuff to the dump.

It was a sad, frustrating, eye opening day. I had never seen anything like it before.

Their kids has the house demolished when they both passed. There wasn't even a single momento worth saving by then.

Andy

I too, was raised up with farm animals. And I can/have shoveled pig, horse, cattle crap MANY times. I can take animal waste WAAAY more I can human.
And yes, I know some people are truly "mentally ill". MANY ARENT. Its hard to believe that some people are truly..that..lazy. MANY young people live like this. Its a horror show when small children are forced to live in it.

26 Inf
01-08-19, 21:54
I'd just like to observe that I have two boys that are much older than my two daughters. I thought the boys were messes, howdy dowdy, katy bar the door, there ain't nothing worse than a teenage girl left to her own devices.

I made the mistake of letting their rooms slide one summer when their mother was off getting another degree. That didn't happen again. I knew something was up when I couldn't find any forks. I damn near loaded up the truck and headed north.

Seriously though, we had a guy used to ride around on a bike at night looking in dumpsters, Had a big pack of dogs following him around. Lived in a shack that was packed to the roof with junk. It was a sad day when the health department got the FD to demolish and burn the house, the humane society took the dogs. The guy 'Leedy K' was crushed. He had been the superintendent of schools before he retired. He went off the deep end after his wife died.

thopkins22
01-08-19, 22:48
And yes, I know some people are truly "mentally ill". MANY ARENT.

Nobody is living like this by choice with a sound and level mind. Nobody. You can literally diagnose illnesses from these photos alone.

Do other people with the same diseases manage to keep it under control etc? Sure. But it will manifest in a different way. It needs addressed, it isn’t healthy, and it is not acceptable. But it is 100% without a doubt the product of mental illness.

PatEgan
01-08-19, 23:14
I LOVE what you've done with the place...

I've seen, been in, and served search warrants on far, far worse.

Straight Shooter
01-08-19, 23:18

Andy

Nobody is living like this by choice with a sound and level mind. Nobody. You can literally diagnose illnesses from these photos alone.

Do other people with the same diseases manage to keep it under control etc? Sure. But it will manifest in a different way. It needs addressed, it isn’t healthy, and it is not acceptable. But it is 100% without a doubt the product of mental illness.

Brother- you are wrong. Totally wrong.
I dated my ex-land-lady for a long time. Many times, all hours of the day/night..she'd come get me when someone moved out legit-or in the middle of the night.
I saw whats in the pics several times..almost always from 30 & under singles or couples. Apts hadnt been cleaned since the day they moved in.
I tried to help clean a bathtub/shower one time that went from sparking white when they moved in-to KIWI BLACK when they left. We..could..not clean it. Tried/bought everything you could think of. I was gagging. You are DEAD wrong- many, and the majority of 30 & under- live like or close to whats in the pics.
Illegals especially. ill bet you $10,00 right here & now..I can take you about 1.5 hours from me, and show you DOZENS & DOZENS of SQUARE MILES of illegals living almost exactly like the pics..some worse. Wanna bet?

AKDoug
01-08-19, 23:22
I'd just like to observe that I have two boys that are much older than my two daughters. I thought the boys were messes, howdy dowdy, katy bar the door, there ain't nothing worse than a teenage girl left to her own devices.

I made the mistake of letting their rooms slide one summer when their mother was off getting another degree. That didn't happen again. I knew something was up when I couldn't find any forks. I damn near loaded up the truck and headed north.

NO SHIT... my youngest daughter was a PIG... She's a great kid, but damn can she live in a mess. We're renting a house to her and it was a mess the first time I went over there. I basically told her that I wouldn't throw her out as a teenager, but I damned sure would as an adult. That flipped some switch in her and now it's been clean for 6 months.

26 Inf
01-08-19, 23:48
NO SHIT... my youngest daughter was a PIG... She's a great kid, but damn can she live in a mess. We're renting a house to her and it was a mess the first time I went over there. I basically told her that I wouldn't throw her out as a teenager, but I damned sure would as an adult. That flipped some switch in her and now it's been clean for 6 months.

Wolves...they live like wolves!

THCDDM4
01-09-19, 00:16
There is still room to walk in most of those rooms, not much if any in the way of human feces and organized Rubbermaid tubs...

A lot of members here have seen worse, ask yourself why- because we are still just animals, civilized for the most part, but animals through and through.

You think that’s bad!?! I’ve had people ask/invite me into their home and it was worse.

I still have problems figuring how and why anyone would voluntarily invite someone into their home being in such disgusting fashion.

I have an experience with some “doll people” that haunts my nightmares.

People are messed up. No matter what you’ve seen or experienced, there is worse out there.

And the there’s the truly sad fcuked up shit outside of the USA, the richest country in the world.

Let that sink in...

SteyrAUG
01-09-19, 01:01
I too, was raised up with farm animals. And I can/have shoveled pig, horse, cattle crap MANY times. I can take animal waste WAAAY more I can human.
And yes, I know some people are truly "mentally ill". MANY ARENT. Its hard to believe that some people are truly..that..lazy. MANY young people live like this. Its a horror show when small children are forced to live in it.

My grandmother had it bad. One time the basement flooded and stuff that was literally $12 worth of junk from the dollar store was enough to send her to the emergency room for a mild heart attack. It was literally boxes of legal pads, garage sale crap and dozens of dime store paperback mystery novels.

Another time my well meaning sister decided to go over there and HELP her clean up because it was a nice house. As soon as she started to throw away food that had rotted in the refrigerator and things like used paper plates my grandmother objected because those things were "still good." Less than an hour into it my grandmother got physically ill and my sister had to stop trying.

When my grandmother stayed with me during winters in FL it was everything I could do to try and prevent her from picking garbage up off the street and bringing it home into my house. Everyone who tried to take care of her had the same problem.

And it would have been one thing if she was just nuts, but she could discuss the news of the day and politics with as much clarity as anyone else. She could remember names, dates and events off the top of her head better than most of the family. But when it came to hoarding junk she just could not be rationale about any of it, part of it was growing up during the depression but there was something even more.

In every other way she was "normal."

Honu
01-09-19, 01:30
the old you have a X say 20 30 40k car in your drive cause you have to much junk worth how much ? in your garage ! how many here might be like this ? how close is the line

thopkins22
01-09-19, 01:31
I dated my ex-land-lady for a long time. Many times, all hours of the day/night..she'd come get me when someone moved out legit-or in the middle of the night.
I saw whats in the pics several times..almost always from 30 & under singles or couples. Apts hadnt been cleaned since the day they moved in.
I tried to help clean a bathtub/shower one time that went from sparking white when they moved in-to KIWI BLACK when they left. We..could..not clean it. Tried/bought everything you could think of. I was gagging. You are DEAD wrong- many, and the majority of 30 & under- live like or close to whats in the pics.
Illegals especially. ill bet you $10,00 right here & now..I can take you about 1.5 hours from me, and show you DOZENS & DOZENS of SQUARE MILES of illegals living almost exactly like the pics..some worse. Wanna bet?

I don’t gamble...but in spirit? Yes I’ll take that bet if the terms are a handshake and a “damn you’re right.” Provides that it is rampant and home after home as opposed to one out of ten or whatever? Let me shoot a photo story so I can count it as a business trip and I’m in...and I’ll publish it on a major wire service and credit you. As to your experiences with your ex? She was renting to people with mental illness. I don’t know how to be more clear.

The stories I’ve personally done with illegals were in shitty but immaculate homes. I’ve done five stories with illegal aliens and overwhelmingly I’ve dealt with hard working nice people who are doing jobs that lazy entitled Americans won’t do because it’s hard work. They live beneath their means and in many respects are the only ones with the gumption to live the American Dream. Obviously there are drug smugglers and criminals to, but there is nothing to do about that until we stop wasting money on a failed drug war.

And the idea that the majority of people under the age of thirty live anywhere remotely like that is a complete and total fiction. I WILL take that bet. That is completely baseless.

Straight Shooter
01-09-19, 03:02
I don’t gamble...but in spirit? Yes I’ll take that bet if the terms are a handshake and a “damn you’re right.” Provides that it is rampant and home after home as opposed to one out of ten or whatever? Let me shoot a photo story so I can count it as a business trip and I’m in...and I’ll publish it on a major wire service and credit you. As to your experiences with your ex? She was renting to people with mental illness. I don’t know how to be more clear.

The stories I’ve personally done with illegals were in shitty but immaculate homes. I’ve done five stories with illegal aliens and overwhelmingly I’ve dealt with hard working nice people who are doing jobs that lazy entitled Americans won’t do because it’s hard work. They live beneath their means and in many respects are the only ones with the gumption to live the American Dream. Obviously there are drug smugglers and criminals to, but there is nothing to do about that until we stop wasting money on a failed drug war.

And the idea that the majority of people under the age of thirty live anywhere remotely like that is a complete and total fiction. I WILL take that bet. That is completely baseless.

Im way cool with a handshake and "damn youre right"! Ive got a friend lives in Albertville Al. Oddly enough, knew him for 12-14 years before I actually went to his home, about an hour and a half from me. For YEARS..well over a decade..he would tell me stories about how bad it had become over there with illegals, due to numerous chicken houses and agriculture. So, one day, I go over. He says "While youre here..lets take a ride". So we head out about two miles from his house...and having been acroos the border many many times..I swear you woulda thought you were in Nueve Laredo or Juarez Mexico..and I mean the ROUGH parts of both.Allow me to describe what I saw for the next three hours we toured around..over & over & over & over: Old, 70's-80's single wide mobile homes, 2 or more families living in it, no under pining, up on blocks, in MOST, not a window to be seen, plastic duct taped over the openings, doors off the hinges or gone altogether, many, many were on a 45degree angle, about a quarter acre yard, chain link fence, not a single blade of grass in the yard. Trash-everywhere. A MINIMUM of two cars, on blocks, hoods up ,doors open, permanently. Goats, chickens, pigs & dogs in yard, under trailer. On & on, side by side, for mile after mile after mile. they have their own doctors, own stores, clubs , they are completely self sufficent. Drunk drivers EVERYWHERE. Ive seen this there, Shelbyville Tn, and as an former OTR driver with over 1.3 MILLLION miles logged, Ive seen it all over America. It is a DAMNED PROPAGANDA LIE that these people come here to "have a better life". BULLSHIT- they bring their Mexican poverty with them.
As to the 30 & under statement i made- I stand by it 100%. EVERY dorm Ive been in, 99% of the apartments rented by that age group, their vehicles, rooms at their parents houses,ect..are shitholes. Thats MY experiance. Yours Im sure is different.
In fairness.. I know ONE young man who is illegal, been here for I guess 10-12 years or so- who is an OUTSTANDING individual, VERY hard worker, college educated, owns two homes, one a rental, is smart, straight as an arrow dude, and he lives in daily fear or getting pulled over for something. Both my gf & I have offere to stand up in court for him, should need arise, and ill do anything I can to help him..because he contributes...pays his way..does right, and is an asset, not a detriment. My God I wish 20 million more were like him.

Arik
01-09-19, 07:19
the old you have a X say 20 30 40k car in your drive cause you have to much junk worth how much ? in your garage ! how many here might be like this ? how close is the lineIt isn't so much junk as it is stuff that's used daily/weekly. For instance, my garage can barely fit my stock 4Runner. It's literally just enough to pull in and get out of the car. Now add to that power tools, table saw, two large trash cans, several plastic shelving units for food storage and space quickly disappears. I have a basement but I'm not running up and down stairs for tools or pantry stuff when the garage is on the main floor.

Arik
01-09-19, 07:32
Im way cool with a handshake and "damn youre right"! Ive got a friend lives in Albertville Al. Oddly enough, knew him for 12-14 years before I actually went to his home, about an hour and a half from me. For YEARS..well over a decade..he would tell me stories about how bad it had become over there with illegals, due to numerous chicken houses and agriculture. So, one day, I go over. He says "While youre here..lets take a ride". So we head out about two miles from his house...and having been acroos the border many many times..I swear you woulda thought you were in Nueve Laredo or Juarez Mexico..and I mean the ROUGH parts of both.Allow me to describe what I saw for the next three hours we toured around..over & over & over & over: Old, 70's-80's single wide mobile homes, 2 or more families living in it, no under pining, up on blocks, in MOST, not a window to be seen, plastic duct taped over the openings, doors off the hinges or gone altogether, many, many were on a 45degree angle, about a quarter acre yard, chain link fence, not a single blade of grass in the yard. Trash-everywhere. A MINIMUM of two cars, on blocks, hoods up ,doors open, permanently. Goats, chickens, pigs & dogs in yard, under trailer. On & on, side by side, for mile after mile after mile. they have their own doctors, own stores, clubs , they are completely self sufficent. Drunk drivers EVERYWHERE. Ive seen this there, Shelbyville Tn, and as an former OTR driver with over 1.3 MILLLION miles logged, Ive seen it all over America. It is a DAMNED PROPAGANDA LIE that these people come here to "have a better life". BULLSHIT- they bring their Mexican poverty with them.
As to the 30 & under statement i made- I stand by it 100%. EVERY dorm Ive been in, 99% of the apartments rented by that age group, their vehicles, rooms at their parents houses,ect..are shitholes. Thats MY experiance. Yours Im sure is different.
In fairness.. I know ONE young man who is illegal, been here for I guess 10-12 years or so- who is an OUTSTANDING individual, VERY hard worker, college educated, owns two homes, one a rental, is smart, straight as an arrow dude, and he lives in daily fear or getting pulled over for something. Both my gf & I have offere to stand up in court for him, should need arise, and ill do anything I can to help him..because he contributes...pays his way..does right, and is an asset, not a detriment. My God I wish 20 million more were like him.I think a lot of this depends on the area in general. Every single person under 30 that I know off owns their own home, has a nice newer car and is generally a clean person. Quite a few of these people own mansion size houses, some have live in maids/baby-sitters and pay for lawn care. A few of the houses look like they belong in Better Home and Garden magazine. These are just regular hard working people

The people I know growing up and those I've met in my adult life.....not one fits your description.

There are no trailers here, no boarded up houses, no abandoned vehicles. The only abandoned property you'll see here are old farm houses sprinkled about the county. But these properties have been like that for at least the last 50 years. They do eventually get rehabed or turn down if in bad enough shape. But generally the county tries to rehab them. However, even those properties are mowed on a regular basis. Don't know who but you'll never see overgrown grass or garbage around those.

Here a good example of the 3 I pass daily on my way to work

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/042b3e2135040bcaf73320f141714cd6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/2e8bb552797c241cf9bbb24c4e2675a8.jpg

And here's one not far from my house
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/c1c44e350fe267e0b9856c372b278236.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/e69e80eb41a78932adcc536dd4362ac6.jpg

Straight Shooter
01-09-19, 07:52
I think a lot of this depends on the area in general. Every single person under 30 that I know off owns their own home, has a nice newer car and is generally a clean person. Quite a few of these people own mansion size houses, some have live in maids/baby-sitters and pay for lawn care. A few of the houses look like they belong in Better Home and Garden magazine. These are just regular hard working people

The people I know growing up and those I've met in my adult life.....not one fits your description.

There are no trailers here, no boarded up houses, no abandoned vehicles. The only abandoned property you'll see here are old farm houses sprinkled about the county. But these properties have been like that for at least the last 50 years. They do eventually get rehabed or turn down if in bad enough shape. But generally the county tries to rehab them. However, even those properties are mowed on a regular basis. Don't know who but you'll never see overgrown grass or garbage around those.

Here a good example of the 3 I pass daily on my way to work

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/042b3e2135040bcaf73320f141714cd6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190109/2e8bb552797c241cf9bbb24c4e2675a8.jpg

Hey bro- thats awesome..God bless them & to me, thats very good to know! I thought about it & I agree with you..it depends on where you live. I freely admit that I believe there far more of my description in the South than yours. Where the hell do 30 year olds work to have what you describe? Thats the DREAM man, more power to them I say.

Arik
01-09-19, 07:57
Hey bro- thats awesome..God bless them & to me, thats very good to know! I thought about it & I agree with you..it depends on where you live. I freely admit that I believe there far more of my description in the South than yours. Where the hell do 30 year olds work to have what you describe? Thats the DREAM man, more power to them I say.Medical, law, computers/IT or family business. There's a few outliers who are mechanics, truck drivers or started their own business. Otherwise, like my sister, works two jobs to afford a nice house in a good area

thopkins22
01-09-19, 09:20
It is a DAMNED PROPAGANDA LIE that these people come here to "have a better life". BULLSHIT- they bring their Mexican poverty with them.

The Native Americans thought the English brought nothing but violence and disease. We said that they had no religion or government and therefore weren’t worthy.

English themselves were viewed as villains in our early history, Thomas Jefferson ran as pro-French and defeated the pro-English John Adams.

In 1882 we excluded Chinese immigrants stating that they endangered the good order of our society by polluting American culture and appropriating American jobs. California taxed businesses that dared to hire Chinese workers.

Benjamin Franklin denounced “the scourge of swarthy Germans” who refused to speak English.

We didn’t consider the Irish as white people for goodness sake.

Nobody liked the Italians.

We thought all of those people were going to destroy the country and our very fabric as a society. None of it was true.

I think it’s a very normal way to feel. Hell Eisenhower launched “operation wetback” which deported in excess of 1 million illegals. But was the country falling apart then now that we have hindsight? I just don’t think history will agree that we are correct to be afraid, nor do I think it’s a winning strategy for the Republicans. I don’t want to show my papers if I have a tan, and I don’t want to spend billions of dollars on a wall, when there is billions of dollars worth of incentive to just dig tunnels(which are already there.)

We could destroy the cartels overnight without putting a single person in jail or building a single foot of wall. We could reduce our insatiable demand for immigrant labor in a heartbeat too. But we as a nation have chosen to ignore the indisputable fact that markets win.

AndyLate
01-09-19, 09:31
I believe we need a better barrier system on our southern border. I don't think we need a border along the entire border, however. The Border Patrol is quite capable of identifying where we need increased barriers.

Saying that a wall won't work because of tunnels is kind of stupid. I would much rather see a trickle of illegal goods and people than a flow. It will also always be cheaper for us to collapse a tunnel than it is to dig it.

thopkins22
01-09-19, 10:14
I believe we need a better barrier system on our southern border. I don't think we need a border along the entire border, however. The Border Patrol is quite capable of identifying where we need increased barriers.

Saying that a wall won't work because of tunnels is kind of stupid. I would much rather see a trickle of illegal goods and people than a flow. It will also always be cheaper for us to collapse a tunnel than it is to dig it.

There is a ten billion dollar annual valuation to the drugs that cross into Arizona alone. Think we’re going to win that? Expense? They sneer at expense. The Colombians have been sourcing single use submarines for years to smuggle cocaine.

It won’t be a trickle. The flow will be the same. It’s dumber than making me put toiletries into a plastic bag at the airport.

The border patrol is staffed by decent and capable people. They are utterly incapable of stopping the market from getting what it demands unless you want North Korea(where people and goods still flow across the border.)

The only way to actually reduce the flow is to reduce the market’s demand for labor. So an economic depression or by removing the incentives for Americans to not work as hard as Mexicans.

THCDDM4
01-09-19, 10:24
There is a ten billion dollar annual valuation to the drugs that cross into Arizona alone. Think we’re going to win that? Expense? They sneer at expense. The Colombians have been sourcing single use submarines for years to smuggle cocaine.

It won’t be a trickle. The flow will be the same. It’s dumber than making me put toiletries into a plastic bag at the airport.

The border patrol is staffed by decent and capable people. They are utterly incapable of stopping the market from getting what it demands unless you want North Korea(where people and goods still flow across the border.)

The only way to actually reduce the flow is to reduce the market’s demand for labor. So an economic depression or by removing the incentives for Americans to not work as hard as Mexicans.

Definitely dropping truth bombs here^

In my opinion, we end the war on drugs and penalize employers who hire illegals. Penalize them incredibly hard and make it hurt.

Tax the shit out of any money going out of the country.

That would solve the majority of the problems pretty much instantly right there.

Firefly
01-09-19, 11:15
The Native Americans thought the English brought nothing but violence and disease. We said that they had no religion or government and therefore weren’t worthy.

English themselves were viewed as villains in our early history, Thomas Jefferson ran as pro-French and defeated the pro-English John Adams.

In 1882 we excluded Chinese immigrants stating that they endangered the good order of our society by polluting American culture and appropriating American jobs. California taxed businesses that dared to hire Chinese workers.

Benjamin Franklin denounced “the scourge of swarthy Germans” who refused to speak English.

We thought all of those people were going to destroy the country and our very fabric as a society. None of it was true.

I think it’s a very normal way to feel. Hell Eisenhower launched “operation wetback” which deported in excess of 1 million illegals. But was the country falling apart then now that we have hindsight? I just don’t think history will agree that we are correct to be afraid, nor do I think it’s a winning strategy for the Republicans. I don’t want to show my papers if I have a tan, and I don’t want to spend billions of dollars on a wall, when there is billions of dollars worth of incentive to just dig tunnels(which are already there.)

We could destroy the cartels overnight without putting a single person in jail or building a single foot of wall. We could reduce our insatiable demand for immigrant labor in a heartbeat too. But we as a nation have chosen to ignore the indisputable fact that markets win.

Where have you been all this time?
I been saying this for a while.

This American Life is predicated on bullying and exclusion until we get bored or horny.

One thing I have learned os that hate leads to love and vice versa.

I still say we have an American duty to breed them Latin chicks.

Ever seen El Dorado? Have you?
That could be everyday. Brown girls running around half naked and barefoot with long jet black hair.
I suppose I am letting my personal proclivities interject themselves imto my worldview. It's just...as I get older...I'm not getting paler and any less ethnic and white chicks are just too entitled. Wanting to be all up in my business.

I'm ready for women who think clean water from my spigot is big living.
I think if I cut some expenses, maybe limit my Mr Pibb import...

I could buy me a Mexican or Guatemalan maid and convince her to wear the maid outfit and roller skates. Maybe even get some FARC refugee chick who knows guerilla warfare and can protect my stuff.

It can be done. This can happen. Shit thats better than marriage. Cook clean and GTFO after 12 hours.

ETA If Alex Cortez proposed to me y'all I would say yes. I know she reads M4C. AOC is still bae.

AndyLate
01-09-19, 12:11
My point is that saying a wall won't help because of tunnels is like saying "don't lock your door, anyone can just break your windows and get in".

I absolutely agree building a wall is not the single solution to reducing illegal immigrants or illicit goods coming into the country. Just as locking your door doesn't make your house secure.

duece71
01-09-19, 13:05
Is that a shine from water on the floor in one of the pics? The basement perhaps? Yikes, Serv-Pro is going to love you.

Averageman
01-09-19, 13:48
I'm reminded of the term "Defence in Depth", overlapping mutually supporting systems.
Yes there are places we need a wall, but we need tough legislation against those who hire illegal aliens and those who overstay visas. We also need a guest worker system.
Saying "No" to a wall is saying no to what might be a vital deterrent in some areas.
This is simply saying no to insure Trump is not re-elected.

chuckman
01-09-19, 13:58
There's a difference between hoarding and being a slob, one is a result of mental conditioning or mental illness, the other is just laziness and nastiness.

I see hoarding in two categories, those with mental disease, and geriatrics and people who grew up in poverty or economic stress.

Straight Shooter
01-09-19, 20:57

Of ALL those people, races & instances you mentioned..HOW MANY were bringing in dope by the pacloads...HOW MANY got TAXPAYER FUNDS, FREE SHIT GALORE, housing, medical, education.ect.ect. HOW MANY came over here and murdered & raped stole anything not bolted down?
MANy of those came here weeping with joy to be here, to learn the language & customs, and to TRULY build a better life. I know they were met with tremendous hatred.
But these ****ers today are criminal, sick physically & mentally, lazy and do NOTHING for the most part to "improve" JACK SHIT. And we pay them them to do it.
HARD for me to feel sorry for these rats when I work 12 hours a night of hot hell, and have worked WELL over 40 of my 53 years on Earth.

AndyLate
01-10-19, 07:47
Of ALL those people, races & instances you mentioned..HOW MANY were bringing in dope by the pacloads...HOW MANY got TAXPAYER FUNDS, FREE SHIT GALORE, housing, medical, education.ect.ect. HOW MANY came over here and murdered & raped stole anything not bolted down?
MANy of those came here weeping with joy to be here, to learn the language & customs, and to TRULY build a better life. I know they were met with tremendous hatred.
But these ****ers today are criminal, sick physically & mentally, lazy and do NOTHING for the most part to "improve" JACK SHIT. And we pay them them to do it.
HARD for me to feel sorry for these rats when I work 12 hours a night of hot hell, and have worked WELL over 40 of my 53 years on Earth.

You are painting a whole lot of people with the same brush. Most of the immigrants, legal or not, come here to work and improve their family's lot in life. The immigrants who came before, including my Irish ancestors, had criminal elements as well.

Securing our borders should not be about keeping all foreigners out of America. It should support a reasonable immigration policy.

We need to let more people immigrate legally because we need people who respect the law to thrive, not the people who commit a crime just to set foot on our soil.

Andy

kwelz
01-10-19, 10:27
How about you all get your anti immigrant and Xenophobic shit out of my thread. For the record the pictures in the house show a nice white older couple.

moonshot
01-10-19, 10:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

Honu
01-10-19, 12:04
post with the vid link so we know if its worth checking out :)

Firefly
01-10-19, 13:10
You know.....I will just toss this out there. A LOT of legit immigrants either join the military or have kuds who join the military and are huge flag wavers because they know where they came from and want to be Americans. Going so far as to not even teach their children nothing but English.

Trump is right. Immigration needs to be fixed and made more fair. But letting anyone come in willy nilly just breeds crime and drugs.

I remember I was at an event working part time security and saw these two small Latin women heave sobbing at the national anthem. Like seriously I thought something was wrong.
I go up and ask whats wrong. They stare at me still sobbing saying "no english, no english"

I ask in spanish and they beam. She says her and her sister are just so happy to be here and have green cards. That to hear the anthem and be here alone mafe them feel like this was their home. Their friend was supposed to come to help translate but couldnt and got them a cab to see the game. The youngest sister's husband was in the military and in Iraq and was only 20 but knew English and handled a lot and she missed him.
And she says one last thing...

The Police where we come from would not have cared enough to ask. And they felt they were in Heaven just being here.

It choked me up to see brown eyes with such sincerity and sorrow.

moonshot
01-10-19, 13:39
post with the vid link so we know if its worth checking out :)

I didn't know how to do that, but aren't you glad you checked the link out anyway?

Honu
01-10-19, 17:35
I didn't know how to do that, but aren't you glad you checked the link out anyway?

ahhaahahahaha :)

Grizzly16
01-11-19, 11:49
I've walked through several houses that were that bad or worse over the years. That's why I carried a bottle of bleach in my work car. After leaving the house, I'd spill a good amount of bleach on a hard surface and walk through it to disinfect the bottom of my shoes. Gloves and a mask are also the order of the day.

I would imagine the neighbors were pleased as punch to see the occupants of that house move out of the area.
I still have vivid memories of one trailer. The baby slept on the kitchen table, the 5 dogs had a bedroom to poop in, a pile of dirty diapers that was taller than the master bed and a dildo bigger than my forearm laying on the pillow still glistening wet. The rest of the abode when down hill from there.

Bleach, bleach, bleach, hand sanitizer shower and more bleach.

SteyrAUG
01-11-19, 17:56
You know.....I will just toss this out there. A LOT of legit immigrants either join the military or have kuds who join the military and are huge flag wavers because they know where they came from and want to be Americans. Going so far as to not even teach their children nothing but English.

Trump is right. Immigration needs to be fixed and made more fair. But letting anyone come in willy nilly just breeds crime and drugs.

I remember I was at an event working part time security and saw these two small Latin women heave sobbing at the national anthem. Like seriously I thought something was wrong.
I go up and ask whats wrong. They stare at me still sobbing saying "no english, no english"

I ask in spanish and they beam. She says her and her sister are just so happy to be here and have green cards. That to hear the anthem and be here alone mafe them feel like this was their home. Their friend was supposed to come to help translate but couldnt and got them a cab to see the game. The youngest sister's husband was in the military and in Iraq and was only 20 but knew English and handled a lot and she missed him.
And she says one last thing...

The Police where we come from would not have cared enough to ask. And they felt they were in Heaven just being here.

It choked me up to see brown eyes with such sincerity and sorrow.

And that is probably the biggest distinction between "came here legally" and "illegal immigrant." Everyone is an immigrant, even so called "native Americans" came here from someplace else and long before Columbus found the Bahamas one tribe after another displaced and stole land until Europeans finally arrived.

I have no problem with immigrants, it is great that we give people a chance, but when you just pour in the criminal elements we become so overwhelmed that our immigration programs fail and we really aren't helping anyone.

If we could control out borders, restrict the criminal elements and things like that, we probably could afford something like a "dreamers" program even though I personally believe they need to get back in line behind all the legal immigrants.

Firefly
01-11-19, 18:07
Not to go on a tangent but the Indigenous can be traced to Siberia. Look up the Altai people. You’d think they were like Navajo. Even similar language. I also thought it was kinda neat that even the Soviet government gave them sovereignty. Like a Russian Indian Reservation. Had the same religion and everything.

Still....I won’t be going to Siberia.

But the point stands. America means something. It isn’t the worlds homeless shelter, wal mart, or drive thru. It was built on a morality we are best not to lose.

SteyrAUG
01-12-19, 01:05
Not to go on a tangent but the Indigenous can be traced to Siberia. Look up the Altai people. You’d think they were like Navajo. Even similar language. I also thought it was kinda neat that even the Soviet government gave them sovereignty. Like a Russian Indian Reservation. Had the same religion and everything.

Still....I won’t be going to Siberia.

But the point stands. America means something. It isn’t the worlds homeless shelter, wal mart, or drive thru. It was built on a morality we are best not to lose.

Well we finally did enough DNA mapping to know that EVERYONE at some point left Africa. It's mostly a distinction of when you left Africa and which direction you took once you left and then it's just a matter of how far you went walking...apparently in a desperate attempt to get as far away from Africa as possible.

I know for decades it seemed reasonable that homo sapiens would have multiple origins rather than a single source, but that isn't how it played out. We also used to believe we had a steady state "infinite" universe without beginning or end. Those were all nice, reasonable and comforting things to believe but the truth doesn't really give a damn about our preferences.

Firefly
01-12-19, 03:59
So technically, on a cosmic level, I'm an African American?

.....I'm okay with this....

sgtrock82
01-12-19, 07:33
They need to create a distinction between "hoarding" i.e. mountains of clothing, shoe boxes and just stuff and people who for whatever reason cant handle a basic level of sanitation with houses full of garbage and dead animals. They are probably related as the line is often blurred and one can often lead to another.

To say an entire generation is like this is flat out stupid. However I will say extremely filthy living is far far more common than many seem to assume. I work in home improvement, and have been in both mansions and the shantys of folks who could only afford work via insurance claim. On both ends it can be astounding at the level of personal filth people are not only willing to expose to strangers but then they expect YOU to either move it or work around it. Fortunately, the upside to working as an independent nowadays is that I have more discretion over what I have to put up with. However there were days back when the struggle was real and I had little choice but to wade in.

In one the carpet by the front door was so ground in with dirt that you couldnt tell it was carpet. High velocity food splatter adorned the walls. It went down hill from there. It was a path way through the shit kind if place but not stacked very high. Ive long since deleted the pictures but one thing that struck me was the 1/2 bathroom (powder room etc.)

Within the roughly 30sqft area, It was literally standing room only with one spot for each foot in front of the throne. The sink was full of typical bathroom deterus that one keeps those little wase baskets around for. It Had like 7 or 8 bowl brushes around both sides of the bowl. The ascendency of these brushes could be determined by the differing levels of dust accumulated on them with one appearing to be in active service. I always wondered (but never investigated) ...what level of filth deadlines a bowl brush in such a shithole? I pissed in a wawa iced tea bottle instead, kneeling in the back of a van in an otherwise unremarkable suburban neighborhood.

Another scenario, less than a mile away from the last found me in a more or less classic hoarder situation. The older, not elderly couple who I fortunately never got to meet as they were never home, had taken up the farm/country/penna dutch style of home decor. So everything was old, folky or a decorative gourd(yep the plant thing) piled up everywhere. More noticeable than the old farmer stuff, by nature of all the white, was all the USPS flat rate boxes, assembled but not written on and also randomly spreadabout the place, not seeming to correlate to any particular items. If there was a plan to ship these things out, it had been a few years judging by the dust accumulation over all of it.

The kitchen was relatively clean and clutter free but reeked of rotten vegetables on account of of some of the gourds and those scrap/refuse tins local farmy folk tend to keep by the sink, still not use to modern trash cans and garbage disposals further thought of as fancy living. The basement was piled high with lionel trains, to the ceiling in spots but all appearing to be new or as new in box and meticulously organized. There was ample walking room for avg person but the only other things in the basment were the laundry machines and a fiberglass wash tub. 3 car garage was dark and foreboding, without any cars but full of the bigger rustier farming implements and more gourds. Lots more gourds.

The bedroom took a dramatic turn south with mounds of tagged clothes that had encrusted themselves on to the classic giant wooden bedroom furniture literally forming a rocky mountain like scene enhanced by the blanket of dust that muted the various colors into an earthier tone. Only snow was missing and there was only one valley that led to the master bathroom, our objective.

Less than 20sqft, tiny vanity, tiny shower, one person at a time type place and it was to get floor to ceiling, including the ceiling, in marble that would make the Waldorf blush, large formatt too. I dont recall if it was 16", 18" or 24" but waaay too big for this. One morning we strolled into the job, as we had everyday for the last several days but on this day we arrived to find a giant pair of satin undies with a giant stinking loaf smooshed across the inside, left apparently for our inspection, in the middle of the path leading to the under construction bathroom.

This family would later attempt to welch on the bill and tried to claim we left dirt everywhere. Not paying for the waldorf bathroom, 40sqft kitchen backsplash 150sqft kitchen floor, 2 20sqft entry ways and another larger bathroom I didnt step foot in, would be fair trade. Fortunately they didnt get their way.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

joedirt199
01-13-19, 08:17
It is not all hoarding. There is this laziness that can be found in the human psychie that they do not want to take care of what they have because we live in a throw away society. If something breaks just get another one. They don't pay for trash service because they are poor leaches on society. I have been to enough of these houses in my career on the raod that the courts and transport are much more appealing. Helped animal control clear a house full of pigs. The mom and 20 something son lived there with them. Bedroom had bunch of babies with tore open dogfood bags everywhere. There was one pig missing that was the size of a deep freeze that the family took before we got there. One was locked in a bathroom with a hair drier tied to the door knob to keep it in. There are poor people who respect what they have and take care of it, then there are just pure laziness. Got tired of seeing children living in filth because they were born to lazy parents who only cared about themselves and how far they could mooch the system.