PDA

View Full Version : Training and Competition scene in North AZ?

DacoRoman
01-09-19, 16:49
I've moved to the Sedona area and I'm wondering where one can go for IDPA and possibly USPSA in North AZ? From what I see I'll have to head to Flagstaff. Any suggestions?

CAVDOC
02-05-19, 10:36
I shoot at yavapai recreation league south of Prescott. Great range and group of people. They hold some sort of match every weekend and every Thursday. Idpa, uspsa, steel challenge and icore. They have a very informative website with a calendar of all events. Very well organized. I have only lived in the area a few years but would judge this to be closest to you. There is a club in flagstaff but not familiar with them.
For training you are not far from Jeff Cooper’s Mecca of gunsite in Paulden. There is also a small training group ( only shot with them once but a decent first impression ) that uses the police range in chino valley. Don’t recall the name off hand.

DacoRoman
09-11-19, 20:28
I shoot at yavapai recreation league south of Prescott. Great range and group of people. They hold some sort of match every weekend and every Thursday. Idpa, uspsa, steel challenge and icore. They have a very informative website with a calendar of all events. Very well organized. I have only lived in the area a few years but would judge this to be closest to you. There is a club in flagstaff but not familiar with them.
For training you are not far from Jeff Cooper’s Mecca of gunsite in Paulden. There is also a small training group ( only shot with them once but a decent first impression ) that uses the police range in chino valley. Don’t recall the name off hand.

I just now found this reply! Many thanks for the great leads! I’m just now settling in and able to start focusing on training again after a long hiatus, so this info will come in handy!