PDA

View Full Version : MK12 Mod 1 INSPIRED Build

officerX
01-09-19, 21:38
No, not a clone, but I refer to it as an MK12 Mod 1 INSPIRED build. It all started with the KAC SR-15 FF RAS (long p/n 99167) that I got from Elephant in the PIF thread.

Parts list:

Upper:
Noveske gen 1 chainsaw - had on hand
Ballistic Advantage 18" 5.56 SPR rifle length gas barrel w/ Ops 12, gas block and tube
YHM Phantom QD muzzle brake
BCM BCG
Radian Raptor CH
Magpul MBUS Pro
Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24
LaRue LT204 C.A.N. mount
KAC FF RAS w/ 11 rib panels
Magpul bipod

Lower:
MEGA forged lower - had on hand
BAD-EPS
BAD-ASS-ST
LaRue MBT
Spikes mag release, bolt catch, buffer retainer
Tactical Link EBAL
Hogue grip
Magpul trigger guard
Brownells A1 stock kit and retro A1 stock

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/officerfrasher/E4E7222A-8778-4981-B012-0A8A3FF3A52C_zpsuto84qgf.jpg

Powertrip
01-10-19, 06:42
Looks sharp!

hotrodder636
01-10-19, 09:15
Nicely done. My MK12 Mod1-esque build shoots the lights out. I really enjoy shooting it and I love the look.

RobertTheTexan
01-11-19, 18:43
Nicely done X. Nicely done indeed. Hey. Speaking of the PIF. You remember those tactical gloves - the rappelling ones? Well my son wears them now when we shoot and train. He's grown into them over the past what...3 years?? Anyway I remember the deal back when we did a PIF/E&E deal on those. I still appreciate it..

But nice build and solid components. I think you're going to be happy with the performance on your BA barrel. I ran the same one on my SPR and it was VERY accurate.

Be sure to post up a range report. I'd like to see if you get similar results as I did.

Well done bro.

officerX
01-11-19, 19:42
Nicely done X. Nicely done indeed. Hey. Speaking of the PIF. You remember those tactical gloves - the rappelling ones? Well my son wears them now when we shoot and train. He's grown into them over the past what...3 years?? Anyway I remember the deal back when we did a PIF/E&E deal on those. I still appreciate it..

But nice build and solid components. I think you're going to be happy with the performance on your BA barrel. I ran the same one on my SPR and it was VERY accurate.

Be sure to post up a range report. I'd like to see if you get similar results as I did.

Well done bro.

Oh yeah, I remember the gloves. I was scoffed at for trying to give them away on another forum because of the cuts on the cuffs. Crazy.

I’ve been plenty pleased with my other BA barrels and have no doubt this one will be just as good. My guns are usually more accurate than I am.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

alrick18
07-26-19, 09:21
Nice... I was lazy on mine I just purchased a complete upper from Bravo.

Pappabear
07-26-19, 10:06
Delete post

Hammer_Man
07-26-19, 18:54
18" to 20" rifle gassed guns make me all tingly in the giblets. Nicely done, post some range pics when you get a chance.

alrick18
07-30-19, 11:50
I am getting ready to start another Mk 12 Mod 1 and O build, just need to get all of the hard to find parts, especially the ARMS 38 rail.

rt7
10-25-19, 21:57
Rifle length AR's are really growing on me, nice work.

imdbman
10-26-19, 21:00
This thread is old but at least it is this year. I built a 20" Rifle with a Colt 1/9 HB and a YHM FF handguard. Has a NIKON 3-12 BDC AR scope. It shoots great out to 550 yards even with factory ammo. I have been wanting to build a similar with that same BA 18" SPR barrel. How does that barrel shoot?

Rogers
10-30-19, 11:00
Hey there! Was scrolling through and saw this post, and since I have this barrel, I thought I'd answer.

I regularly shoot mine out to 840 yards, hitting a 12" target or a man sized target. It's a fantastic barrel, and is well worth the money. I think i got mine on sale for like... $120?