PDA

View Full Version : quick one for the minds of this forum

gishooter
11-04-08, 22:53
removed due to change

hatt
11-04-08, 23:01
Probably Feb if they wanted. I'd look for other legislation first however.

.308holes
11-04-08, 23:01
Huge increase in tax on guns and ammo first, they will try to make money on it, control it from a different angle.
There will be at least a year as they compile the notes they made with all of the "loopholes" found in the first one.....they will be nearly perfect on this one.

LOKNLOD
11-04-08, 23:02
with obama and a filibuster proof congress how soon could another AWB be in place?

Welll, no sooner than the end of January.

hatt
11-04-08, 23:07
Huge increase in tax on guns and ammo first, they will try to make money on it, control it from a different angle.
There will be at least a year as they compile the notes they made with all of the "loopholes" found in the first one.....they will be nearly perfect on this one.
I'm convinced they will go for the Fairness Doctrine before trying to implement any sweeping "reforms." They don't want another 94 on their hands and the Fairness Doctrine is the only way to assure that doesn't happen. After implemented it will take a little while to get up to full speed with silencing much of the talk radio so they will try and act quick.

frogger
11-04-08, 23:09
I don't think you will see it quite that quick. Right now, the economy is the hot topic and regardless of which side of the aisle you are on, it would be frowned upon to be doing crap like that until some action was taken on the economy. I do think we will see something around Summer '09. They won't want to wait much longer because they won't want it fresh on people's minds during the 2010 elections. They will also need time to find a way to sell it to the American people so they don't see a repeat of the '94 elections when they lost both houses of Congress over it.

trio
11-04-08, 23:11
i'm going to go out on a limb....

i'm going to say one doesn't see the desk of the President for at least 2 years, if at all...

1) many of the Democrats who were elected during the last election to both houses are actually quite pro-gun, they were just anti-Bush...Virginia is a perfect example of this....we will now have 2 Democratic Senators....both with an NRA "A" rating....

2) this election is still going to come down to 52/48, or something along those lines, don't let the electoral college fool you, it wasn't a mandate....what the democrts will remember is

3) the last time this happened, in 1992, and they passed an AWB they got raped in the midterm elections, and it crippled, really, the rest of Clinton's presidency for him....so...

4) I don't think they try anything until after the midterm elections have happened....the goal will be to play into the euphoria...if you get elected because of the economy, and then start trying to pass abortion and gun law legislation, you will lose a good 10-15% of your following (the white, blue collar people that voted for Obama's tax cuts and social policy, and believed him when he said he was a 2A guy...)

so there it is....2 years, maybe even not until into the second term (which of course I hope never happens)

of course, if some douchebag walks into an elementary school with an AK, all bets are off

gishooter
11-04-08, 23:17
removed due to change

Business_Casual
11-04-08, 23:17
1) many of the Democrats who were elected during the last election to both houses are actually quite pro-gun, they were just anti-Bush...Virginia is a perfect example of this....we will now have 2 Democratic Senators....both with an NRA "A" rating....

Well, I would suggest you check the voting records of your "blue dogs." They have voted in lock step with Pelosi since jump street.

Please don't fool yourself, the next 4 years will be a disaster for gun owners.

M_P

trio
11-04-08, 23:22
Well, I would suggest you check the voting records of your "blue dogs." They have voted in lock step with Pelosi since jump street.

M_P

well,

a) thats slightly hard to check since one of them was elected tonight...

and

b) since Pelosi is the Speaker of the House, neither Senator would vote in lock step with her

and

c) if you go here http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes.xpd?year=2007&person=412249 you can see that you're wrong....

i wish it wasn't the case, and that we had red across the board....but i don't think its time to put the gun in our mouths quite yet

Business_Casual
11-04-08, 23:29
I was talking about the democrats elected in 2006 to the House.

M_P

trio
11-04-08, 23:33
I was talking about the democrats elected in 2006 to the House.

M_P

i gotcha....i was addressing the OP's concern that we would have a filibuster proof senate were an AWB to appear....

since, IMO, the blue majority doesn't necessary carry to guns I am not sure that you would need the filibuster to prevent the bill from passing...

hence my mentioning of the Virginia senators...

its no worries...have as good a night as you can....

i'm watching the acceptance speech....maybe I have the flu......

HAMMERDROP
11-05-08, 00:46
Will determine if the new admin has time for a new AWB. If so it will be because they have not accomplished anything constructive and basically squandered our $700 Billion and will be looking for an ass to kick that has to hold still.
Then can get the NRA to spend millions and millions defending our 2nd Ammendment Rights because the Dems' foolish plans are failing and milk the NRA for jillions. Then we're in trouble ...
I hope I am wrong just like I thought McCain would be victorious. IMO if an AWB occurs gun owners mfg's retail republicans our passions our guns would then be the cause of all violent crime and 52% of the people will realize in hind sight nothing has changed and may have gotten worse but at the same time we could be the Dems 'legit' ire of their errors and justify to the pro gun left wing nuts why Billions more must be spent in order to keep me from shooting my assault rifle on Sunday.

' Rise so high yet so far to fall a plan of dignity and balance for all, political breakthrough euphoria's high more borrowed money more borrowed time...
Backed in a corner, caught up in the race. Means to an end ended in disgrace.
Perspective is lost in the spirit of the chase.
'Barren land that once filled a need, Are worthless now, dead without a deed.
Slipping away from an iron grip, Nature's scales are forced to tip,
The heartland cries, loss of all pride . To leave ain't believing, so try and be tried.
Insufficient funds, insanity and suicide.

voice of G.H.W Bush... "Congress will push me to raise taxes and read my lips ..."
excerpt from ' Foreclosure of a Dream' by Megadeth written in 92 or 93 what a visionary of course most of it was hallucinations or were they ?

Aint we a bundle of joy tonight ... but tell me something its still
' We the People right ? '

Michael

VooDoo6Actual
11-05-08, 06:45
within 1 year.

OldNavyGuy
11-05-08, 08:34

i do not believe he will last a full four years, in my OPINION those two skinheads who were caught recently were "plants" by BHO, according to rumors from the other side of the world, he is in danger of not surviving..., IF he does NOT follow their prescription for their agenda.

America and our Republic are doomed

"Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic if you can keep it" responded Franklin.

Business_Casual
11-05-08, 08:38
I don't see a need for the tinfoil hat stuff. We have enough to worry about with the economy, the wars and the Democrats.

M_P

10MMGary
11-05-08, 08:47
i do not believe he will last a full four years, in my OPINION those two skinheads who were caught recently were "plants" by BHO, according to rumors from the other side of the world, he is in danger of not surviving..., IF he does NOT follow their prescription for their agenda.

WOW that is some serious paranoia.

crowkiller
11-05-08, 10:40

America and our Republic are doomed

"Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic if you can keep it" responded Franklin.

:confused: Where did you hear these rumors from the other side of the world? That is some hard stuff to swallow right there, I hope you have a credible source.

ddemis
11-05-08, 12:20
Guys, please cool it with the conspiracy stuff unless you have credible news sources. We can all agree though, America is entering a dark era. Keep a watch on your elected officals, hold their feet to fire and let them know you will not be silent. Rember, silence is complicity!

BAC
11-05-08, 12:45
Ignore ddemis, I like conspiracy theories. They give me something to smile about. :p

The Democratic Party doesn't have a filibuster-proof Congress, does it? I could've sworn they were short.

-B

ddemis
11-05-08, 12:52
You are right BAC they don't have a filibuster proff congress. They have just enough to get things done. Things all of us will not like.

gishooter
11-05-08, 16:26
removed due to change