PDA

View Full Version : Nairobi terrorist attack 1/2019

Sam
01-16-19, 15:19
Video, the westerner in question appears around the :30 second mark, wearing camo body armor/backpack, face mask and carrying some kind of M4 looking gat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=101&v=Cyr6nqOrrtc

One article says he could be a US Navy SEAL:

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-of-nairobi-attack-may-show-us-navy-seal-on-secretive-mission-2019-1

While another source, thought he was a British SAS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/15-killed-islamist-attack-kenya-070551001.html

At least one British national and one US citizen was killed.

MountainRaven
01-16-19, 15:50
Gun looks pretty much exactly like an L119A2 (British) or a C8 IUR (Canadian, Dutch, Danish).

Sam
01-16-19, 15:54
Gun looks pretty much exactly like an L119A2 (British) or a C8 IUR (Canadian, Dutch, Danish).

The Yahoo article mentioned the C8 rifle.

WickedWillis
01-16-19, 16:57
Everything I have seen said he was SAS

jpmuscle
01-16-19, 17:59
F’ing stud is what he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honu
01-16-19, 18:40
what I love is he is there kit and all with the hood !!!!

so many small groups in so many places etc..

HardToHandle
01-16-19, 19:04
According to Google, there is a lot of British Army activity in Kenya and Nairobi...

“BRITISH ARMY TRAINING UNIT KENYA (BATUK)

BATUK is a permanent training support unit based mainly in Nanyuki, 200 km north of Nairobi, but with a small element in Nairobi. BATUK provides demanding training to exercising units preparing to deploy on operations or assume high-readiness tasks. BATUK consists of around 100 permanent staff and reinforcing short tour cohort of another 280 personnel.

Under an agreement with the Kenyan Government, up to six infantry battalions per year carry out eight-week exercises in Kenya.

There are also Royal Engineer exercises, which carry out civil engineering projects, and medical deployments, which provide primary health care assistance to the civilian community.”
https://www.army.mod.uk/deployments/africa/

Safe to assume their would be training advisors and potentially some secondment btwixt the UK and Kenyan armies. Both are part of the Commonwealth.

I don’t know who handles Embassy security for the UK, but that might be likely too.

MountainRaven
01-16-19, 20:38
what I love is he is there kit and all with the hood !!!!

so many small groups in so many places etc..

The Brits take their PERSEC very seriously, all the time.

rushca01
01-17-19, 16:55
I believe the word is official, SAS is claiming him. Sounds like an episode of Strike Back.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-17-19, 20:09
Yup, looks like he is SAS. Talk about "always be working" that dude is all over the place, clearing and rescuing. Who dares wins, bravo zulu mate!

titsonritz
01-17-19, 20:57
I believe the word is official, SAS is claiming him. Sounds like an episode of Strike Back.

Yup, looks like he is SAS. Talk about "always be working" that dude is all over the place, clearing and rescuing. Who dares wins, bravo zulu mate!

Yes it was...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sas-hero-who-stormed-kenya-13865997

VARIABLE9
01-18-19, 00:16
Via internets

Moose-Knuckle
01-18-19, 02:56
Via internets

I prefer these . . .

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4882/31844260777_d2d9238c37_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4909/31844260997_98a04f93ec.jpg

On a more serious note:

Hereford Veterans Association
January 16 at 7:47 AM ·
Reports from the MSM is that an SAS Trooper who was on a mission to train and mentor Kenyan Special Forces when four terrorists attacked a hotel complex In Kenya.

He apparently rushed to the siege – killing militants and saving lives,

After one detonated a suicide belt the remaining three went on a gun and grenade rampage leaving 14 dead including one British man.

Amid the carnage – orchestrated by terror group al-Shabaab – a lone SAS soldier got tooled up and went in after a request for help from Kenyan security forces, sources said.
He was pictured operating at the hotel alone. But he was joined in the mission by US Navy Seals, sources said.

An insider said: "UK Special Forces always run towards the sound of gunfire. He was there training and mentoring Kenyan forces when the shout went up, so they went in.

"During the operation he fired off some rounds – it’s a safe bet he hit his target – the SAS don’t miss.

"He is a long serving member of the Regiment, there is no doubt his actions saved lives."

The incident was today declared over by Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta and all the attackers "eliminated".

Gunmen attacked the compound in the Westlands district of Kenya’s capital Nairobi on Tuesday afternoon.

The complex houses the DusitD2 hotel as well as offices and restaurants.

In a TV address to the nation, Mr Kenyatta said 14 people had been killed but 700 others were safely evacuated from the complex

Sam
01-18-19, 06:03
There will be a movie in less than 3 years.

BangBang77
01-18-19, 07:07
Stonebridge or Scott?

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-18-19, 07:55
WTF.

SEALs (plural) and one SAS guy, and the SEALs don't get top billing... ;) . Eyes, ear, HAIR.- Matt Best

jpmuscle
01-18-19, 08:36
To bad the cloning thread got nuked.

Thanks M4C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillBrink
01-18-19, 09:07
WTF.

SEALs (plural) and one SAS guy, and the SEALs don't get top billing... ;) . Eyes, ear, HAIR.- Matt Best

Probably cuz they didn't get photographed... It will be interesting to read the AAR on this one to see how many chit heads he/they put down.

chuckman
01-18-19, 10:31
There will be a movie in less than 3 years.

Only because the SEALs were there. The SAS ever officially recognized they were there.

Whiskey_Bravo
01-18-19, 10:40

Strike back episode was the first thing I thought as well.

diving dave
01-18-19, 11:11
There are several pics of the dead Terrs floating about, one looks like an exit wound right under an eye.....What a stud. Has anyone ID'd the optic? Looks like a T2 but something looks different.

Outlander Systems
01-18-19, 11:15
Sig Romeo 4T.

He proved that his Sig bargain optic really WAS just as good.

There are several pics of the dead Terrs floating about, one looks like an exit wound right under an eye.....What a stud. Has anyone ID'd the optic? Looks like a T2 but something looks different.

WillBrink
01-18-19, 11:29
WTF.

Speaking of Matt B, the patch on his bag was a Black Rifle Coffee patch. How cool is that?!

Sam
01-18-19, 11:53
Has anyone ID'd the optic? .

Bushnell TRS 25 :)

chuckman
01-18-19, 13:51
Speaking of Matt B, the patch on his bag was a Black Rifle Coffee patch. How cool is that?!

The Blackbeard patch? Yeah, that was cool; some American units (Marines) were using it as a platoon patch back in 2004ish, seen it here and there.

Moose-Knuckle
01-19-19, 04:23

The Tactical Dalai Lama released a bunch of dead terrorist photos on his page.

One blew straight out one of the ****er's ear, that kind of ear through ear shot reminded me of the one ol' Pablo Escobar got when he was running away on the roof of his hacienda. To this day it's rumored that was compliments of ACE/Centra Spike but the credit goes to the CNP.

Speaking of studs, you gents remember the islamic terror attack and torture/slaughter at the Westgate Mall in Nairobi back in '13? Yeah well this dude was at both scenes and engage bad guys and saved lives. Another story of a good guy with a gun saving the day.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4911/46073734794_7416d19af5_b.jpg

Hey Will, Matt Best is one of the guys who founded, owns, and operates Black Rifle Coffee.

Best coffee commercial eva . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAgpNdbnHLw

WillBrink
01-19-19, 07:31
Hey Will, Matt Best is one of the guys who founded, owns, and operates Black Rifle Coffee.
]

Hence my comment, yes. Have not tried the coffee, but plan to.

Moose-Knuckle
01-19-19, 07:35
Hence my comment, yes. Have not tried the coffee, but plan to.

Ah hah, disregard then.

I misunderstood your previous comment.

Sam
01-19-19, 09:04
The Tactical Dalai Lama released a bunch of dead terrorist photos on his page.

One blew straight out one of the ****er's ear, that kind of ear through ear shot reminded me of the one ol' Pablo Escobar got when he was running away on the roof of his hacienda. To this day it's rumored that was compliments of ACE/Centra Spike but the credit goes to the CNP.

How about a link to this site.

Moose-Knuckle
01-20-19, 04:42
How about a link to this site.

It's a FB page, just log in and type The Tactical Dalai Lama and it will come up.

Sam
01-20-19, 09:29
Thanks, got it.

The SAS man and the private individual with the Glock set an example that Broward county deputies and SRO should learn from.

SeriousStudent
01-20-19, 21:36
Apparently the SAS trooper is being nominated for the George Cross. It is second only to the Victoria Cross for the British military.

NWPilgrim
01-21-19, 00:01
Nice to see .mil able to respond on their own without having to wait for the whole squad to be located and briefed and organized. And he and the Glock citizen are not demonized by LEO/pols. Sometimes it just makes sense to jump in do SOMETHING you know how to do when people are rapidly being killed.

We talk about the legal risks of jumping in to defend strangers and possibly being IDed mistakenly as a terrorist yourself and shot. Just refreshing to see men being manly and politicians not crapping the bed about it.

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-19, 05:38
The SAS man and the private individual with the Glock set an example that Broward county deputies and SRO should learn from.

Word.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4861/46060946234_a44b47a5a1_b.jpg

Nice to see .mil able to respond on their own without having to wait for the whole squad to be located and briefed and organized. And he and the Glock citizen are not demonized by LEO/pols. Sometimes it just makes sense to jump in do SOMETHING you know how to do when people are rapidly being killed.

We talk about the legal risks of jumping in to defend strangers and possibly being IDed mistakenly as a terrorist yourself and shot. Just refreshing to see men being manly and politicians not crapping the bed about it.

I was wondering how old Theresa May was going to cope with the fact that a SAS Trooper made world wide headlines stacking up islamic terrorists in a public shopping area.

AndyLate
01-21-19, 06:50
What came of the report there was a Navy Seal involved?

jsbhike
01-22-19, 07:33
Thanks, got it.

I have wondered how the Broward deputies would have reacted to a citizen trying to intervene. Stay in hiding or try to stop them since they wouldn't have viewed them as a threat.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-22-19, 10:14
I have wondered how the Broward deputies would have reacted to a citizen trying to intervene. Stay in hiding or try to stop them since they wouldn't have viewed them as a threat.

Ducked...

glocktogo
01-22-19, 10:16

Well first they'd have to finish tying off their bandages. You know, to stop the urine from flowing down their legs. :(

chuckman
01-22-19, 11:06
What came of the report there was a Navy Seal involved?

Because of the stupid patch on the kit....

Honu
01-22-19, 14:07

shot him dead and then claimed they stopped another mass murder

AndyLate
01-22-19, 18:23
Because of the stupid patch on the kit....

Thanks