PDA

View Full Version : M4 muzzle mounted flechette launcher device...

TED
01-16-19, 20:01
Many years ago popular mechanics or some such magazine had a little blurb about a muzzle device for the M4 that launched a swarm of flechecttes on the first shot. Supposedly it was supposed to help in counter ambush or CQB applications.

I can not find anything about it on google.

Anyone have any idea what I am referring to?

Thanks for the assist.

TED

Stickman
01-16-19, 20:13
Are you talking about from a 40mm? Because from a 5.56 casing it would be pretty lacking...

TED
01-16-19, 20:19
Are you talking about from a 40mm? Because from a 5.56 casing it would be pretty lacking...

Nope. Maybe that's why it didn't take off.

It looked like an over sized flash hider and it used the muzzle blast to throw some flechettes out radially when you fired the first time.

TED

mack7.62
01-16-19, 20:25
I don't recall a flechette launcher but I always though the Rifleman's Assault Weapon bowling ball launcher was cool as sh@t.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34727-brunswick-riflemans-assault-weapon/

1_click_off
01-16-19, 21:06
Not a flechette launcher, but thought this could have some uses. I know some folks that use it on farms to launch weights with cables attached to pull tarps over huge gain piles. Coke can fits nicely in it too.

https://www.xproducts.com/product/can-cannon-soda-can-launcher-ar-15-m16/

There used to be blanks with about 3 power levels and a 308 version, but I don’t see these option offered any longer.

vicious_cb
01-17-19, 01:03
Its official 2019 is the year of the derp threads.

TED
01-17-19, 02:30
Its official 2019 is the year of the derp threads.

And of course your crap smells like roses? Don't be a jerk.

vicious_cb
01-18-19, 13:18
And of course your crap smells like roses? Don't be a jerk.

OK, Ill bite. Look up the SPIW and Project SALVO, these ideas were tried in the 1950's and scrapped because turned out to be really dumb(surprise surprise).

TED
01-18-19, 14:39
OK, Ill bite. Look up the SPIW and Project SALVO, these ideas were tried in the 1950's and scrapped because turned out to be really dumb(surprise surprise).

1. We are talking about different things.

2. At no point in time did I say that either the thing I'm talking about or the thing you are talking about, which, again, are not the same, was a good idea. I simply asked if anyone could point me to any info about or knew what I was referring to.

3. You obviously don.t have information on the device I referred to and have chosen to make negative rather than positive contribution though I'm not sure why.

4. You are still being a jerk. This is of course your right if you choose.

5. If you would like to make a positive contribution you could re-channel your angst into finding information about the device I referred to.

TED

Campbell
01-19-19, 15:18
1. We are talking about different things.

2. At no point in time did I say that either the thing I'm talking about or the thing you are talking about, which, again, are not the same, was a good idea. I simply asked if anyone could point me to any info about or knew what I was referring to.

3. You obviously don.t have information on the device I referred to and have chosen to make negative rather than positive contribution though I'm not sure why.

4. You are still being a jerk. This is of course your right if you choose.

5. If you would like to make a positive contribution you could re-channel your angst into finding information about the device I referred to.

TED

If Vcb can find the info, so could you.... his angst seems a very reasonable response... I think I have it now.

TED
01-19-19, 15:23
If Vcb can find the info, so could you.... his angst seems a very reasonable response... I think I have it now.

Wow, it's infections. I am amused by your discongruous ability to use the quote feature but inability to read or comprehend.

He did not find anything related to what I was referring to, as noted in points 1, 2, and 5.

I am well familiar with the SPIW and SALVO projects which occurred DECADES before the M4 and AGAIN have NO relevance to the MUZZLE DEVICE FOR AN M4 that I inquired about/

Please work on your reading comprehension before joining on a bandwagon of irrelevant jerk-ness.

lysander
01-19-19, 17:45
I don't recall a flechette launcher but I always though the Rifleman's Assault Weapon bowling ball launcher was cool as sh@t.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34727-brunswick-riflemans-assault-weapon/

Think about how it was stabilized and then think about how it will behave shooting up or down hill...

Then you'll see why it never went anywhere.