PDA

View Full Version : Do We REALLY Want Our Meds Made in China (or other foreign countries)?

Doc Safari
01-17-19, 10:40
https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/valsartan-losatran-bp-med-recalls-2018

Note: This story was updated Jan. 7, 2019, with an expansion of a previous losartan recall and on Jan. 2, 2019, with the latest recall of valsartan drugs.

Dozens of medications used to treat high blood pressure have been recalled over the past several months as federal investigators discover potentially cancer-causing impurities in them.

These common prescription drugs include valsartan, losartan, and irbesartan in different combinations and from different manufacturers.

A common thread among all of these recalls is that the drugs, or ingredients in the drugs, were all made in China or India.

American drug companies since the 1990s have increasingly used factories in other countries to manufacture their products. About 40% of finished medications are made overseas, the Government Accountability Office says. Nearly 8 out of 10 active pharmaceutical ingredients, which are made into pills at other plants, are, too.

This globalization of the nation’s drug supply helps keep prices down, as it is cheaper to have them made in other countries. But with lower costs sometimes comes lower quality control.

My take: Big pharma needs to be reigned in. Where my health is concerned I want rock solid quality control in my meds no matter the cost. What if something worse had been mixed with these medcations? Did we narrowly dodge a bullet this time? And what about next time? What if cyanide or some other poison accidentally finds its way into common meds? Scary.

Honu
01-17-19, 10:58
Reckon %90 of folks could skip meds get proper health diet etc...

Modern food is garbage and unhealthy etc...

Jsp10477
01-17-19, 11:18
Like every other product, Americans will go for the cheapest available option.

Firefly
01-17-19, 12:04
Part of me thinks Japan will save us.
I legit think they have nukes, F-14s that turn into robots, and other mess just waiting for China to buck on Taiwan.

Yeah....people think it’s all Naruto and Hello Kitty....

We’ll see

WillBrink
01-17-19, 12:08
https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/valsartan-losatran-bp-med-recalls-2018

My take: Big pharma needs to be reigned in. Where my health is concerned I want rock solid quality control in my meds no matter the cost. What if something worse had been mixed with these medcations? Did we narrowly dodge a bullet this time? And what about next time? What if cyanide or some other poison accidentally finds its way into common meds? Scary.

I posted on the QC issues of pharma just recently:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?212420-Poor-Quality-Control-In-The-Pharmaceutical-Industry-A-Report

Averageman
01-17-19, 12:30
My Ex has worked for various Pharmaceutical Companies over the last fifteen years or so. I remember her crunching and reworking number inside studies to kind of "Make it work." I had no idea She would do that, I guess the money was more important than the truth to her.
She was involved with a Women's health product called Nuva Ring. It ended up having some rather nasty side effects in some cases. I always wondered if that might be because of some on the Statistics being "Fixed".
I sure can't imagine the Chinese not monkeying with some products or fillers that would be create a disaster.

SteyrAUG
01-17-19, 12:32
Same people that send us poisonous dog food.

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/safetyhealth/recallswithdrawals/ucm129575.htm

grnamin
01-17-19, 12:45
Part of me thinks Japan will save us.
I legit think they have nukes, F-14s that turn into robots, and other mess just waiting for China to buck on Taiwan.

Yeah....people think it’s all Naruto and Hello Kitty....

We’ll see

To think that the ancient Japanese may have come from China via Korea. Might have my history wrong. Communism has bred a people without a conscience. Profit is the only thing that matters.

Firefly
01-17-19, 13:19
To think that the ancient Japanese may have come from China via Korea. Might have my history wrong. Communism has bred a people without a conscience. Profit is the only thing that matters.

Yeah but the Japanese hate China. Don’t let all that futanari hentai fool you. They got a severe Right Wing and will probably have a legit, official Army again before 2030

WillBrink
01-17-19, 13:25
Yeah but the Japanese hate China. Don’t let all that futanari hentai fool you. They got a severe Right Wing and will probably have a legit, official Army again before 2030

I suspect the hate for Japan by China is far greater, as well as most others in the region.

Adrenaline_6
01-17-19, 14:37
I suspect the hate for Japan by China is far greater, as well as most others in the region.
That is probably correct. The Japanese killed a lot more Chinese than the Germans killed Jews. We just never hear about that part of history very much. The Japanese culture is very proper, polite, clean, and respectful...but they can be and were brutal as hell.

Artos
01-17-19, 16:26
Docs recently prescribed a new med for our daughters seizures...$15,000/month from US (30ea 5mg pills!!) via India $2500

Hmac
01-17-19, 16:32
Reckon %90 of folks could skip meds get proper health diet etc...

Modern food is garbage and unhealthy etc...

:rolleyes:

MountainRaven
01-17-19, 17:00

You forget that the Chinese literally wrote the Art of War. Combined with their long-view of history, I wouldn't put it past the Chinese government to intentionally dose toys, dog food, drugs, and anything else they make with poisonous materials that may not impact us much today, or the next generation, but will very probably have a negative impact in a couple of generations.

Doc Safari
01-17-19, 17:03
You forget that the Chinese literally wrote the Art of War. Combined with their long-view of history, I wouldn't put it past the Chinese government to intentionally dose toys, dog food, drugs, and anything else they make with poisonous materials that may not impact us much today, or the next generation, but will very probably have a negative impact in a couple of generations.

I'm glad someobody brought this up.

In addition to poor quality control I worry that a war strategy of the Chicoms is to poison all of us enough that we could never defeat them in a real war.

Hmac
01-17-19, 17:13

In addition to poor quality control I worry that a war strategy of the Chicoms is to poison all of us enough that we could never defeat them in a real war.
I doubt that we could defeat them in a real war. And make no mistake...someday we will probably have to fight them.

But...bad drugs and bad dog food...that's just shitty quality control or corner-cutting. It's certainly not limited to consumables like drugs or food...shitty quality control is the hallmark of most things made in China.

Honu
01-17-19, 17:39
sadly this old ad was good but nobody believes it could ever happen etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

grnamin
01-17-19, 18:07
@MountainRaven: There was a time in China's history before communism when there was a sense of honor among the people. I'm sure there are still some Chinese who are honorable and have a conscience. They are the ones labeled dissidents by their government.

In addition to poor quality control I worry that a war strategy of the Chicoms is to poison all of us enough that we could never defeat them in a real war.I think they have been poisoning our culture as well. So much Russia, Russia, Russia. It's really China we should worry about.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk