PDA

View Full Version : (Highly Modified) Glock - Failure to Extract

telecustom
01-17-19, 11:41
Ideas why a Glock 19 would fail to lock onto the rear of a casing and not extract?

It occurs at around 1/10 rounds.

ggammell
01-17-19, 11:46
What ammo?

mpom
01-17-19, 11:47
Multiple reasons why it could happen, but you gave too little info for a definitive answer; is ammo factory or reloads? Are cases steel or brass? Was G19 reliable previously or was extraction a problem from day 1?
How old is the G19 and is the extractor intact or chipped? Any mods to the G19?
Mark

telecustom
01-17-19, 11:55
It’s a Gen3 G19 lower with a new Brownells slide, Victory First barrel, P80 slide parts, Magpul Mags, Winchester 115gr FMJ.

ST911
01-17-19, 11:57
It’s a Gen3 G19 lower with a new Brownells slide, Victory First barrel, P80 slide parts, Magpul Mags, Winchester 115gr FMJ.

You don't have a G19 anymore, you a significant batch of stacking tolerances. Trying to e-diagnose it is difficult, at best. You might try swapping one component in/out at a time and follow the breadcrumbs.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect that combination of variables to work at all. Sorry.

telecustom
01-17-19, 12:01
Will do, thanks

Wake27
01-17-19, 12:02
You don't have a G19 anymore, you a significant batch of stacking tolerances. Trying to e-diagnose it is difficult, at best. You might try swapping one component in/out at a time and follow the breadcrumbs.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect that combination of variables to work at all. Sorry.

Disregard.

Firefly
01-17-19, 12:08
Why do people insist on playing junior 1911 armorer with Glocks?

They actually do need proper fitting.

I knew a dude who played with his Glock and it went full auto on him trying to get “better sear engagement and lighter trigger weight”

Wrong gun for that. Get a 5.5 trigger, maybe a - connector and just practice.

mpom
01-17-19, 12:40
From initial post it sounds like extractor is not grabbing the rim or slipping off. What parts are in the Brownells slide? Hopefully OEM. Make sure the extractor, spring and rod are all installed correctly, schematic should be on Brownells site.
If you have the OEM barrel, see if extraction is reliable, and check the chamber of new barrel under bright light, to rule out rough chamber.

Mark

noonesshowmonkey
01-17-19, 17:20
Why do people insist on playing junior 1911 armorer with Glocks?

They actually do need proper fitting.

I knew a dude who played with his Glock and it went full auto on him trying to get “better sear engagement and lighter trigger weight”

Wrong gun for that. Get a 5.5 trigger, maybe a - connector and just practice.

But, I want the highest performance gear I can get to have the highest skill I can have!

That's how that works, right?

To the OP: if it's a project gun, cool. Have at it. I'd start with the obvious: extractor and ejector.

RHINOWSO
01-17-19, 17:28
(Highly Modified)

Hint hint.

elephantrider
01-17-19, 18:57

The only item on that list that isn't suspect, IMO, is the Victory First barrel. I've used them with Glock OEM slides and had no issues. Can't recall any reports of issues with them.
- Brownells slides seem to be hit, and miss. A minority of reviews on their site are users who couldn't get them to work.
- P80 slide parts. Not my first choice. I see no reason not use Glock brand slide guts.
- Magpul Mags. Some users have issues. I'd recommend trying a Glock brand mag to eliminate the variable.
- Winchester ammo,... yikes! Try different ammo.

MegademiC
01-17-19, 19:18
Could be a lot of things.

1. Try factory barrel in this setup
2. Try this slide with factory barrel on factory lower

That will at least guve us a start.

Explain in more detail what exactly is happening. Short stroking + fteject could look like a ftextract.

Take a slow-mo video of you shooting it, especially the ejection and post it(any modern phone can take high-speed vid, make sure its on max frame rate- if you have access to an iphone and dont know how- pm me).

Street Survival
03-06-19, 06:23
Most probably a chipped extractor.

lsllc
03-06-19, 06:38
Make sure your extractor, spring loaded bearing, etc are installed correctly. Remember, metal to metal, plastic to plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
03-06-19, 10:39

It’s honestly a bit disingenuous to call this a Glock lol.

I’d start with factory Glock slide components and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk