PDA

View Full Version : Election Rifle

panzerr
11-05-08, 07:40
Seeing that the country managed to vote in a gun-hating liberal and expand the democratic grip on congress I feel compelled to order another carbine before they impose restrictions on my right to own.

Is anyone else here buying an election rifle?

telecustom
11-05-08, 07:52
Yep, 2. One for the wife and the other for my son (so he will have it when he is old enough)

RogerinTPA
11-05-08, 07:55
My second Colt arrived last week and I have one more to go.

bootfoot
11-05-08, 08:05
Got a lower from Spike's on the way. Doing a lightweight build for my wife, but don't have the upper figured out yet.

bootfoot

big 54r
11-05-08, 08:05
yep, but I was planning on it anyway.
election really didn't have anything to do with the planned purchase just makes it more urgent.

Iraqgunz
11-05-08, 08:11
I plan on buying several lowers and sticking them in the safe. I also see a few dozen PMAGS and more ammo in my future.

panzerr
11-05-08, 08:13
I also see a few dozen PMAGS and more ammo in my future.

Good call. It'll be like the clinton years -only worse.

Abiqua
11-05-08, 08:14
Noveske N4.

LOKNLOD
11-05-08, 08:40
I'm calling it a "Christmas present" but I've got an Arsenal AK enroute.

OldNavyGuy
11-05-08, 08:47
i do not know if it qualifies as a rifle/carbine, but this full fills my needs:

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/catalog/M4%20L2.jpg

i now have a full range of weapons that covers any thing from a fly to a whale !! :D

SKU: TS_AR15_M4 .22 LR caliber
Weight: 6 lbs 8 ozs
Features: - Standard A4 Flat-Top - Heat Treated 416 Stainless Steel Bolt - Tool Steel Bolt Rail - High Quality Chrome Moly Barrel Blank - 16.1 Barrel length,
- 1 in 16 Twist,
- 1/2-28 Threads,
- M4 Contour,
- A1 Flash Hider
Price: $575.00

gishooter
11-05-08, 08:47
CMMG M4 LE piston rifle, which I really didn't want since I already have a piston M4 but it was the only thing my dealer had left, No other AR or sigs or what I really wanted a DPMS 308. Oh well it is a great gun. And yes more PMAGs since I get them for 12 bucks a piece.

RyanS
11-05-08, 09:12
Picked it up my N4 Recce on Monday. Order more Pmags, another G19 and mags, and I'm going to put a couple thousand rounds of 556 on layaway.

Gunrider
11-05-08, 09:39
Seven. Paperwork done waiting on last few to ship.

SwatDawg15
11-05-08, 09:44
Im looking for ways to pull the trigger on a 6920... :o

Gunrider
11-05-08, 10:08
Is this pathetic or what? We know that a party now controls every house of government who hates us and what we stand for (AMerica)

I don't know where this goes...

LOKNLOD
11-05-08, 10:08
Im looking for ways to pull the trigger on a 6920... :o

If you're really not sure, maybe try the "Training" forum? ;)

(just teasing, I know what you meant)

sideshowbob
11-05-08, 11:55
Heck yeah!!!! However, I am not quite sure what to get though. Even though you can never have too many ARs, I kind of want something different.

Benthic
11-05-08, 12:19
Noveske N4.

An excellent choice! I bought one earlier this year. It's a great rifle.

Personally I'll be trying to stock up on pistol mags, since I have the AR pretty well covered. And of course one can never have too much ammo.

Brian

TOM1911
11-05-08, 12:50
Colt 6920 bought and paid for resting in the gun case with a DD Mk18 RIS II and several P-mags , CTR stock, MIAD and an Aimpoint M4s with a Bobro BLAC mount on the way. Probably the next several weeks will be occupied by acquiring more mags and a buttload of ammo:cool:

Army Chief
11-05-08, 12:54
Just pulled the trigger on a Noveske Afghan VIS, actually.

Some of us are old enough to remember 19 May, 1986. I'm not getting caught unprepared again.

Chief

Soulrack223
11-05-08, 13:16
I want an ACR. Now it's a race to see which lands first--the ACR or a ban. We can still fight a ban. A lot of us will now be sending the NRA MORE money.

St.Michael
11-05-08, 13:18
I am trying to put the money together for a new one too. Not sure what to get yet, but working on it.

rmecapn
11-05-08, 13:19
I have no reason to believe there will be a grandfather clause in the next AWB, so purchasing more to beat the enacting is moot.

St.Michael
11-05-08, 13:22
I have no reason to believe there will be a grandfather clause in the next AWB, so purchasing more to beat the enacting is moot.

what exactly does that mean?

Soulrack223
11-05-08, 13:26

Nor a sunset provision. Gun confiscation has to be one of the real behind-the-scenes reasons for the "Civil Defense Force." We must all be more politically pro-active now than we have ever been before. This will be the biggest test any of us, as freedom loving Americans, have had in our lives. The Constitution of the United States is still alive but without staunch opposition to next administration it could be dead in 2 years. Sad state of affairs.

Soulrack223
11-05-08, 13:29
what exactly does that mean?

Grandfather Clause means that the weapons that are already in our hands are "grandfathered" and still legal to own. The banned weapons cannot be sold but existing versions can still be had. They've avoided gun confiscation in the US in the past by having grandfather clauses.

St.Michael
11-05-08, 13:30
I wish to politically get involved, but I am new to this stuff. How can one be of help?

Soulrack223
11-05-08, 13:32
I wish to politically get involved, but I am new to this stuff. How can one be of help?

Join the NRA, GOA (gun owners of america) and send letters, make phone calls, and most importantly tell people (sheeple) what's going on.

rmecapn
11-05-08, 13:51
Gun confiscation has to be one of the real behind-the-scenes reasons for the "Civil Defense Force."

I agree. I am also curious what type of individuals will be sought and will enlist in such a force. Maybe someone like the Black Panther who stood outside the polling place with his night stick in hand. I'm sure he would prefer a government supplied uniform and weapon. I'm also sure he would be willing to follow any order given by Obama, regardless of it's constitutional adherence.

white spaniard
11-05-08, 13:57
I am trying to put the money together for a new one too. Not sure what to get yet, but working on it.

Same here don't know if I should purchase a Colt 6920, or stripped lowers and uppers which everyone seems to be out of at the moment, or purchase more ammo and mags.

Army Chief
11-05-08, 14:03
Grandfather Clause means that the weapons that are already in our hands are "grandfathered" and still legal to own. The banned weapons cannot be sold but existing versions can still be had. They've avoided gun confiscation in the US in the past by having grandfather clauses.

Perhaps the most salient point made thus far.

If history teaches us anything, it is that the United States government proceeds first via an economic strategy (i.e. prohibitive taxation and/or registration fees like the 1934 NFA); barring that, restriction (i.e. limiting future sales and redistribution) seems to be the tactic of choice.

Outright confiscation would likely ignite the entire RKBA base and be viewed as a very frontal assault on the Constitution. Subtlety and quiet assurances ("we aren't coming for your hunting rifles") have worked well in the past, and I see no reason why the powers that be would abandon them now.

Chief

Dave L.
11-05-08, 14:09
Same here don't know if I should purchase a Colt 6920, or stripped lowers and uppers which every seems to be out of at the moment, or purchase more ammo and mags.

Buy 2 or 3 LMT lowers- then get the Uppers as you wish.

Gunrider
11-05-08, 14:10
It would seem NOT to be the best time to invest in M-4s, but rather the M-4s of the past, like 13 shot 1895 lever actions in 44 or 45. Super easy to shoot and accurate to 100 yards with their iron sights, and less likely because of their "historical" nature to be banned in a first wave.

13 shots of 240 grain .44 mags would make a great Social Rifle.

decodeddiesel
11-05-08, 14:10
Perhaps the most salient point made thus far.

If history teaches us anything, it is that the United States government proceeds first via an economic strategy (i.e. prohibitive taxation and/or registration fees like the 1934 NFA); barring that, restriction (i.e. limiting future sales and redistribution) seems to be the tactic of choice.

Outright confiscation would likely ignite the entire RKBA base and be viewed as a very frontal assault on the Constitution. Subtlety and quiet assurances ("we aren't coming for your hunting rifles") have worked well in the past, and I see no reason why the powers that be would abandon them now.

Chief

Well said Sir.

drsal
11-05-08, 14:11
Heck yeah!!!! However, I am not quite sure what to get though. Even though you can never have too many ARs, I kind of want something different.

Arsenal AK's are fun and 7.62 ammo is cheap (er)...

Gunrider
And three LMTs if you don't already have them.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/MRPPISTONBIPOD.jpg

And spare parts

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/LMTgaspistonparts.jpg

decodeddiesel
It would seem NOT to be the best time to invest in M-4s, but rather the M-4s of the past, like 13 shot 1895 lever actions in 44 or 45. Super easy to shoot and accurate to 100 yards with their iron sights, and less likely because of their "historical" nature to be banned in a first wave.

13 shots of 240 grain .44 mags would make a great Social Rifle.

Why bother? You are conceding defeat.

mourneblade
11-05-08, 14:38
I bought a Charles Daly m4le and several 30 rounds PMags. It's my first EBR, I didn't want to wait 2-4+ years to get one...

L.F.O.D
11-05-08, 14:49
I just brought home my Ak under folder. Next month 2 spikes lowers. And In Jan 2 uppers. Oh and lots of Mag's.

oakmax
11-05-08, 15:04
I have another can on the way and am sbring 2 more lowers

Gunrider
11-05-08, 16:12
Why bother? You are conceding defeat.

No - preparing for it. Own both -- then when they come to collect your M-4, you are NOT defenseless after t hey leave.

rmecapn
11-05-08, 16:18
No - preparing for it. Own both -- then when they come to collect your M-4, you are NOT defenseless after t hey leave.

This mindset demonstrates why the Second Amendment is an anachronism. Obedience to the law above all, regardless of the law.

"From my cold dead hands" my fourth point of contact.

Gunrider
11-05-08, 16:23
Right. We're going to shoot it out with the cop who has come to collect our AR-15 -- that cop who shot alongside us at the range -- wait, no, when that cop is ordered to confiscate our guns he's gonna tell his commander to get screwed.

Realism here. NOT obeying the law will lead to a shooting war. A civil war. How many Sheeple in this country do you think have the stomach for that?

SW-Shooter
11-05-08, 16:26
Now we have our own as well as the oil industry to thank.

That is all.

rmecapn
11-05-08, 16:32
Right. We're going to shoot it out with the cop who has come to collect our AR-15 -- that cop who shot alongside us at the range -- wait, no, when that cop is ordered to confiscate our guns he's gonna tell his commander to get screwed.

Realism here. NOT obeying the law will lead to a shooting war. A civil war. How many Sheeple in this country do you think have the stomach for that?

Thanks for making my point. Hell no this nation doesn't have the stomach. We are not our forefathers. We DO NOT have the courage of our convictions! The Second Amendment, as well as the rest of the Constitution, isn't worth the paper it's written on.

The rhetoric on this and other pro-firearms boards is most amusing, but it's just that, rhetoric.

OvenMitts
11-05-08, 16:36
I have wanted an M4 for a while now, but have kept putting off the purchase. But a good friend of mine made it crystal clear that there was a very real possibility that the O'Biden Duo would re-enact an AWB. So, when the pundits started projecting a win for the Dems, I promptly purchased a Colt M4 last week, along with 10 30-rd P-mags, 300 rds of ammo, and an Aimpoint T-1 :D

BackBlast
11-05-08, 18:05
Good for you OvenMitts, but don't forget your training. Get a class or 3 under your belt.

BackBlast
11-05-08, 19:11
Thanks for making my point. Hell no this nation doesn't have the stomach. We are not our forefathers. We DO NOT have the courage of our convictions! The Second Amendment, as well as the rest of the Constitution, isn't worth the paper it's written on.

The rhetoric on this and other pro-firearms boards is most amusing, but it's just that, rhetoric.

I went out canvasing for my guy in my precinct and a few others this election cycle. I talked to a lot of people, had walk lists, etc. The amazing thing is, how many people aren't even registered to vote. They just don't care at all.

A few years of hard times will change the spirit of a people - for good or ill. We're soft and apathetic because we have lavish banquets, comfortable homes, and plentiful entertainment - who wants the hard life with all of that at your fingertips? Look at this election, one of the principle reasons it was so big is the big black question mark on the economy - a threat to the comforts we all love so much.

When all that is gone (and it will be, we're seeing that now...), we'll toughen up. We won't have another choice. I believe we'll make it through, though the night may appear very dark for a time. America will renew herself as the land of the free, and the home of the brave. I believe that because when we enter the blackness of that dark night, caused by our own neglect and misjudgments. The distractions of yesteryear gone and blood and sweat our constant companions... We will collectively remember our forefathers along with their goals and aspirations, that memory will stir the embers that are now failing and rekindle the flame for freedom. Few see the need for the fire until the night sets in.

My opinion for what it's worth.

Gunrider
11-05-08, 23:32
Americans have gone from the Pioneers that headed West in rickety wooden wagons with limited supplies and no idea what lay before them to today's spoiled children who stand in front of the microwave and shout "hurry up!"

Obama himself has predicted $8 gas and electricity shortages under his plans. He says we will have to "give up our comfortabale lives"

So be it.

Then those unemployed college graduates who voted for him because he was "cute" will finally f'ing grow up. Or die.

OvenMitts
11-06-08, 07:27
Good for you OvenMitts, but don't forget your training. Get a class or 3 under your belt.

I look forward to taking more advanced training :D I already have the basics that 4 years in the Marines taught me :cool:

LRS143
11-06-08, 07:47
I watched Futureweapons last night and saw the KAC PDW
http://divebombinc.com/Personal/i/KAPDW.jpg
I really like everything about this.
I'm about to order a 6920 or 6921 I haven't decided which.

Riado
11-06-08, 08:20
Yes indeed, as I took delivery of my 2nd LMT upper and lower on Tuesday.

St.Michael
11-06-08, 08:35
what "gun forum" people should do is decide where the base of operation will be when hell does break loose. I wouldn't mind having some of you watching my six if SHTF. :cool:

3CTactical
11-06-08, 08:59
In anticipation of the elections I bought 3 Noveske N4 uppers (already had the lowers) - a basic with a DD omega and a lo-pro with a new Troy 13.8" MRF (still working out some issues with the fit) directly from Noveske and another N4 with a DD omega from Grant at G&R. The N4's with the DD omegas got T-1's and I'm patiently waiting to see the if new Trijicon Accupoint is going to go on the lo-pro. Otherwise I think I'll get a short dot.

IPSC_GUY
11-06-08, 09:20
Americans have gone from the Pioneers that headed West in rickety wooden wagons with limited supplies and no idea what lay before them to today's spoiled children who stand in front of the microwave and shout "hurry up!"

Obama himself has predicted $8 gas and electricity shortages under his plans. He says we will have to "give up our comfortable lives"

So be it.

Then those unemployed college graduates who voted for him because he was "cute" will finally f'ing grow up. Or die.

This the unfortunate truth.

I am going to get some T shirts made up that say

"Enjoy your change Dumb Ass."

As for and election gun or guns... Well lets say I have been buying them for a while. I have been saving for a nice FN SPR bolt gun with a Night Force scope, and I channeled that money into about a dozen lowers and I am still buying mags. This weekends purchase is going to be a MUCH larger safe.

CRAP ! ! !

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Iraqgunz
11-06-08, 09:46
Hopefully some of us here will never have to prove you wrong. Unless the 2nd Amendment is repealed I am keeping my weapons. Hopefully others who may be the ones to collect them will realize it.

"Change...one magazine at a time."

rmecapn
11-06-08, 10:56
Unless the 2nd Amendment is repealed I am keeping my weapons.

Why do it even then? Our Founders fought for what they believed was right. If the Second Amendment is right, then repealing it doesn't change that fact.

We either believe in the ideas expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution or we don't. We're either willing to put our lives on the line for their defense or we're not. All I want to know from America is, "Which is it?" Because from the actions so far to date, it seems the answer is we don't believe in the Constitution.

decodeddiesel
11-06-08, 11:06
I just have to say I am really starting to get fed up with the TEOTWAWKI BS going on. Someone just asked in the MASADA thread on TOS as to whether the project was going to be scrapped now that Obama was elected. WTF??? :mad::rolleyes: I'm sure Bushmaster and Magpul will just say "oh well" and flush away the 100s of thousands of dollars invested to this point because of an impending administration change. Give me a break.

Army Chief
11-06-08, 13:39
Concur. Obviously the election didn't break in favor of the Second Amendment, and we may certainly be facing some new restrictions at some point, but "the Chinese aren't coming over the wall" just yet.

I understand that emotions can, and necessarily should, run high on this issue, but invective-charged inflammatory rhetoric only makes us look like the reactionary idiots that the left really wants us to be. What we need is informed debate, elevated awareness, and a proactive strategy to make sure we aren't caught unprepared as a community if/when the hammer falls.

Bottom line? I'm not thrilled with what appears to be ahead, but America didn't cease to be America as the 4th of November rolled into the early hours of the 5th.

Chief

ZDL
11-06-08, 13:44
I've only ever sold 1 firearm and swore I would never do it again. Now, I'm contemplating selling a lot of my hunting shotguns and 22s to fund a few more ar, ak, and other defensive builds, ammo, parts, and gear.

RogerinTPA
11-06-08, 18:09
You need more mag's ( I have around 40 per weapon) and ammo bubba...way more. ;)

I have wanted an M4 for a while now, but have kept putting off the purchase. But a good friend of mine made it crystal clear that there was a very real possibility that the O'Biden Duo would re-enact an AWB. So, when the pundits started projecting a win for the Dems, I promptly purchased a Colt M4 last week, along with 10 30-rd P-mags, 300 rds of ammo, and an Aimpoint T-1 :D

bimmerbill
11-07-08, 12:50
My gunsmith buddy had several DPMS lowers with folding stocks. So my cousin and I each bought one. THen I ordered two LMT 16" complete uppers yesterday.

St.Michael
11-07-08, 13:51
My gunsmith buddy had several DPMS lowers with folding stocks. So my cousin and I each bought one. THen I ordered two LMT 16" complete uppers yesterday.

how much for that LMT?

Iraqgunz
11-07-08, 16:51
Strangely enough this topic came up last night during a discussion and you are right. Even if the 2nd Amendment was repealed I would not give them up. We do not rely on the government to grant us certain rights. They are endowed upon us by our Creator.

Why do it even then? Our Founders fought for what they believed was right. If the Second Amendment is right, then repealing it doesn't change that fact.

We either believe in the ideas expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution or we don't. We're either willing to put our lives on the line for their defense or we're not. All I want to know from America is, "Which is it?" Because from the actions so far to date, it seems the answer is we don't believe in the Constitution.

bimmerbill
11-07-08, 18:10
When I was in the Army National Guard as a company commander I was pretty sure that if we ever got an order to confiscate firearms I'd tell them to pound sand.

There was a survey done years ago, I forget who (university, or maybe war college?) where they asked if soldiers would follow that order. There was a suprising number of younger soldiers who answered that they would carry out the order, and fire on civilians if necessary.

jaydoc1
11-07-08, 18:12
Colt 6920 bought and paid for resting in the gun case with a DD Mk18 RIS II and several P-mags , CTR stock, MIAD and an Aimpoint M4s with a Bobro BLAC mount on the way. Probably the next several weeks will be occupied by acquiring more mags and a buttload of ammo:cool:

Don't wait too many weeks. The danger to gun owners right now isn't Obama, it's the other gun owners. People where I live are buying entire shipments of .223/5.56 of any type. This is going to be a supply/demand thing before it's a banned thing.

On the other hand, it's great for our gun shops and suppliers. So maybe that was Obama's plan. He can say he supports banning our toys knowing it will get us to support our local and national suppliers thus redistributing our wealth even before he takes office. :D

Gunrider
11-07-08, 22:05
I've actually seen posters on other sites upset that some people are running on the stores -- we have until January 20th -- I have been buying ALL year...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_4824.jpg

Guns and parts --

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_4813.jpg

If you waited until the election results you may find stores sold out -- so ORDER the gun you want!

rmecapn
11-08-08, 10:00
We do not rely on the government to grant us certain rights. They are endowed upon us by our Creator.

HOOAH!!! YES!!! Now you're talkin'!!! That's exactly it!!

gyp_c2
11-08-08, 10:15
...absolutely...
You either believe in rights...or privlege...
Owning weapons is a right...
Some think the 2nd bestows the right to bear arms...
I don't... http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif

TimBob
11-08-08, 23:49
Hedged my bets and when I saw Davidsons quantity in stock drop from 99+ to 3 in 8 days I figured I better place the order. Picked up a Bushmaster M4 config with A3 handle that I have been on the fence about for over 2 years. Already started the "break in" period, and I just wish I woudl have bought it when I first started looking at it and ammo was much cheaper.

threebanger
11-09-08, 16:21
Ordered a LMT piston AR on the 24th of Oct. Had a 30 day lead time when I placed the order. Now it has a ten week lead time but hey at least I'll get my tier one AR before they are illegal.

AirmanAtwood
11-22-08, 04:46
what "gun forum" people should do is decide where the base of operation will be when hell does break loose. I wouldn't mind having some of you watching my six if SHTF. :cool:

I second that

A-Bear680
11-22-08, 08:36
I picked up a few things over the last six months , mainly as a hedge against price increases from a panic buying frenzy.
I'm not really worried about an immediate ban.
Here's why:
Around 60 Senators , including Majority Leader Harry Reid signed the Amicus brief in support of Heller.
Two ban bills hit the House this year: one got around 5 co-sponsors , the other other 66. Out of 435.

The ATF reform bill (very good for us) had 224 co-sponsors.

So who's winning , them or us?
;)

WallaS
11-23-08, 01:43
Ordered a CMMG lower the day before the election. Now can't find one to save my life. The place I ordered from no-longer takes online or phone orders and the FFL I picked it up from has 50 Stag lowers backordered and isn't taking new orders. Thank god I ordered it when I did.

Tomac
11-23-08, 08:18
I picked up a couple of STG-556's recently and one for my son is due to arrive tomorrow. Got a fair amount of ammo on-hand but am looking to pick up more practice ammo as I find it and would like a few more STG mags as well.
Tomac
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Tomac/ResizeofRotationofSTGBUIS.jpg

theblackknight
11-23-08, 17:42
Don't wait too many weeks. The danger to gun owners right now isn't Obama, it's the other gun owners. People where I live are buying entire shipments of .223/5.56 of any type. This is going to be a supply/demand thing before it's a banned thing.

On the other hand, it's great for our gun shops and suppliers. So maybe that was Obama's plan. He can say he supports banning our toys knowing it will get us to support our local and national suppliers thus redistributing our wealth even before he takes office. :D

As Rick James once said, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

theblackknight
11-23-08, 17:45
When I was in the Army National Guard as a company commander I was pretty sure that if we ever got an order to confiscate firearms I'd tell them to pound sand.

There was a survey done years ago, I forget who (university, or maybe war college?) where they asked if soldiers would follow that order. There was a suprising number of younger soldiers who answered that they would carry out the order, and fire on civilians if necessary.

Im kinda worried about this. The homeland will be in chaos and ill be in japan or the sandbox.