PDA

View Full Version : Sharps Rifle Company blem lower

UTShooter71
01-19-19, 03:46
Hello,
I have been working on an AR build. I found a Sharp's blemished lower and didn't know that Sharp's was in business or that they made lowers. Does anyone have any experience with these. The only blemish I have seen is the hole for the mag release is canted and not vertical.

Gracias

Eurodriver
01-19-19, 07:42
Lol, my dude. Blemishes are usually a few scratches or finish imperfections. They are a great way for guys who beat up their guns (and don’t put tape on their brass deflectors) to get a good deal.

What you described is not a blemish but a defect, by what I would classify as an unproven brand at that.

I would pass, but it sounds like you already bought it. If so, enjoy.

bamashooter
01-19-19, 09:02
Odd. never heard of "blems" being marketed that didn't emphasize the blem had no effect on functionality.

officerX
01-19-19, 09:21
Yes, Sharps Bros makes lowers. They’re the ones that make the Warthog, Hellbreaker, etc lowers.

http://sharpsbros.com

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Boba Fett v2
01-19-19, 09:58
Yes, Sharps Bros makes lowers. They’re the ones that make the Warthog, Hellbreaker, etc lowers.

http://sharpsbros.com

Oh so they're the dudes making those niche attention whore lowers. Yeah. No.

jackblack73
01-19-19, 10:01
Sharps Rifle Company is not the same as Sharps Bros.

UTShooter71
01-19-19, 12:34
Hola,
Lower parts kit in. The mag release button fit fine but is a little odd looking, tilted forward. There is one issue. A completed upper I have from another rifle will not fit. The channel where the rear take down pin goes through the upper is too narrow.

officerX
01-19-19, 14:17
We need pics of this lower.

UTShooter71
01-20-19, 01:19
I will provide images. It will be after I use my micrometer to check the differences. It may also be after I try "fitting" the lower.

UTShooter71
01-24-19, 12:40
I have managed to fit my PSA upper. I used a sanding attachment for a drill and basically took off the anodization to expose the aluminum. It it a tight fit with all of my upper but everything function checks okay.55673

officerX
01-24-19, 13:15

My bad.

Doc Safari
01-24-19, 13:17

My dad owned a genuine Sharps 1880's vintage buffalo rifle. The bore was so rusted you couldn't even push a pencil through it. I'd take that rifle over one of those Sharps Bros gargoyle faced attention whore lowers.