PDA

View Full Version : Used Warcomp, no suppressor: Just use a crush washer?

JediGuy
01-19-19, 14:34
Question is in the title...

I bought a used Warcomp that had a pin drilled out from the Eq Ex here. I have no plans for a suppressor at this time.
Instructions from Surefire state to use Rocksett (not doing that) and their shims to time the device. If I will not be using a suppressor, are there any reasons to not use a simple crush washer like I would with most other devices?

Second question I just realized: There are no wrench flats, so what’s the usual tool used for installation?

hk_shootr
01-19-19, 16:47
There is a tool that engages with tines of the Warcomp.
I only use shims anymore. Allows for a cleaner install and a lower installed torque for the device.
Personal preference

opngrnd
01-19-19, 17:00
OP- let me know if you need the tool for installation because I would gladly lend it to you if you need me to dig it out. I used the shims to install my WarComp like HK_shootr suggests, made for a pain free install.

mildot
01-19-19, 17:06
I run mine with a crush washer, no suppressor and it's fine.

JediGuy
01-20-19, 20:16
Thanks all. TKDPrchr, I may take you up on that, depending on Surefire’s response to my inquiry. Either way, I genuinely appreciate the generosity.

opngrnd
01-20-19, 20:53
Not a problem. It's waiting on the shelf in case you need it. The shooting community helping each other out is something I have greatly appreciated.