PDA

View Full Version : FN 15 Tac 2 Thoughts?

morpheus562
01-19-19, 23:34
My buddy and I were at the LGS today and got to handle the FN 15 Tac 2 for the first time. It felt nice in hand and seemed to check all the boxes. Reviews and feedback on the rifle are slim, so I was wondering what people's thoughts on the rifle are.

From what I could see, it has an FN CHF 16" barrel with a staked gas block, runs the wedge lock rail, and has a staked castle nut. Does FN use 7075 for the hand guard like Hodge or do they use 6062? Also, is the barrel nut titanium like Hodge or does it use a SS barrel nut? I run a Hodge rail on one of my rifles and absolutely love it, and I was surprised to see it on the FN.

He is looking at getting back into the AR game and purchase another AR (he previously owned a BCM and sold it). The FN 15 Tac 2 rifle comes in at $1,399 and other rifles he is looking at are the BCM 16" ELW (which he is leaning towards) and the Colt 6960 CCU which are roughly comparable in cost.

I don't think he can go wrong with any of the three rifles he's looking at, but was hoping to get some more feedback from people who have owned the FN and what their experience was.

Thank you!

everready73
01-20-19, 09:08
The rail is 6061. I honestly don't see anything won't with that rifle but I would choose the BCM or Colt personally