PDA

View Full Version : What really sucks about the election outcome?

CarlosDJackal
11-05-08, 09:48
I'll start:

(1) The price of everything gun-related will spike and stay high for the next 4-years. It won't matter whether or not a new AWB will be made into law (permanently, as far as the President elect is concerned).

(2) As a Government Contractor, the chances of me loosing my job has increased exponentially. The promised 25% cut in military spending will surely affect one or more of the contracts I am working in. So I'm cutting back on my spending starting today.

(3) The chances that my Soldiers who are scheduled to deploy overseas next year will be receiving good equipment is pretty slim if the promised cutbacks in spending.

(4) I will probably have less Disposable Income for use in Firearms Training due to the inevitable increase in taxes. If he does everything he has promised, those of us who actually work for a living will have to pay for it. The promises that come to mind are: National Civil Defense Force, Increased Public funding for Abortion Clinics (if the Freedom of Choice Act becomes law), and "Affordable" Health Care.

(5) The terrorists will be given the chance to rebuild their cells over the next few years.

Again, I hope I am wrong about this. But I'm preparing for the worst anyway.

Robb Jensen
11-05-08, 10:19
There are dark days ahead my friend......

from www.foxnews.com:

MOSCOW — Russia will deploy missiles near NATO member Poland in response to U.S. missile defense plans, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday in his first state of the nation speech.

Medvedev also singled out the United States for criticism, casting Russia's war with Georgia in August and the global financial turmoil as consequences of aggressive, selfish U.S. policies.

He said he hoped the next U.S. administration would act to improve relations. In a separate telegram, he congratulated Barack Obama on his election victory and said he was hoping for "constructive dialogue" with the incoming U.S. president.

Medvedev: Russia to deploy missiles near Poland (http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Nov05/0,4670,EURussiaMedvedev,00.html)

Russia doesn't have the money for another arms race nor a cold war, I think one could get ugly very quickly.

SwatDawg15
11-05-08, 10:40
Well I see this will be a stressful four years :mad:

Cold Zero
11-05-08, 11:03
There are dark days ahead my friend......

No truer words have been spoken.

A wise man once said "buy ammo, magazines, spare parts, guns".

Does anyone remember the scene in Red Dawn where the guys go into the Gas station / Gun store and clean the place out, before going up into the mountains?:eek: I'll bet that is what is going on in gun stores for the last 1-2 weeks and in the next 70 days.

Honu
11-05-08, 11:12
my outlook will try to be positive

those that survived the concentration camps of nazi rule did not give up those that gave up were not around to tell their story !!

times while bad are still way way way better than many people faced in WWII (and yes other wars)

those times are over and things are better now for those that fought for the freedom
sadly some who fought forgot and had part of their freedom stripped such as England
and now they face subway bombings and other bombings way to often !!!! and crime has gone through the roof over there

I try to look at this and learn and REMEMBER that seems to be the problem Europe does not seem to remember WWII ? or the majority does not
our current population is going the same way
no respect or care for the vets that sacrificed for our freedom !!!!!

my one point is things got better after these times and I just hope and pray that we dont have to go any lower

boltcatch
11-05-08, 11:25
times while bad are still way way way better than many people faced in WWII (and yes other wars)

Apples and oranges. Today's avid statist has far, far more tools are their disposal, and a much more powerful media pulling for them. This is a whole different ball game.

Paul45
11-05-08, 11:30
That was when someone was willing to fight for their freedom and rights. Who's left? The French, the British, the Canadians, etc?
I don't think we can count on anyone other than ourselves to start trying to CHANGE our country. It will get worse and will continue to get worse until we get leadership and representatives that have moral values and respect the Constitution of the USA.

FLGator
11-05-08, 11:37
You're obviously a racist.

Honu
11-05-08, 11:42
fact is we are better off than WWII people faced
or
the great depression etc...

so the great depression was not WWII but both were bad and both were overcome and things were better after :)
that is my thought

times can get bad but the upside is things usually always get better and in the U.S history things have always gotten better

go chat with people in a old folks home about things they faced when they were young
while some people still have it tough many have flat panel TVs internet proper nutrition a car a house clean water etc...

and like a forest fire in a national park some can look at it like wow its all black for me this visit or think wow things are going to get much better in a short bit

so I was not trying to compare things and make it a apples apples or apples oranges thing

I still feel we are in for bad times and going backwards but I also look at the fact that history shows things will get better we just have to get through this !!!

the one fact is the worst also tends to bring out the best but my thought was most forget quickly these days

look at 9/11 it rallied the country but then most did not care a few months later and then many start accusing bush etc..
that is my fear that these bad times ahead might not turn around as people tend to forget quicker these days !!!

but I do say I want things good for my children and things were better after WWII and after the depression and I just hope things get better after this obama thing is over

Honu
11-05-08, 11:43

who ?

mattjmcd
11-05-08, 11:44

huh?:(

FLGator
11-05-08, 12:03
I was being sarcastic but get ready to hear that every time you question the president's agenda for the next 4 years.

ddemis
11-05-08, 12:05
FLGator, who the hell are you talking about?!!!!!!!

ddemis
11-05-08, 12:10
Sorry FLgator I understand.

Sidewinder6
11-05-08, 12:20
I'll start:

(1) The price of everything gun-related will spike and stay high for the next 4-years. It won't matter whether or not a new AWB will be made into law (permanently, as far as the President elect is concerned).

(2) As a Government Contractor, the chances of me loosing my job has increased exponentially. The promised 25% cut in military spending will surely affect one or more of the contracts I am working in. So I'm cutting back on my spending starting today.

(3) The chances that my Soldiers who are scheduled to deploy overseas next year will be receiving good equipment is pretty slim if the promised cutbacks in spending.

(4) I will probably have less Disposable Income for use in Firearms Training due to the inevitable increase in taxes. If he does everything he has promised, those of us who actually work for a living will have to pay for it. The promises that come to mind are: National Civil Defense Force, Increased Public funding for Abortion Clinics (if the Freedom of Choice Act becomes law), and "Affordable" Health Care.

(5) The terrorists will be given the chance to rebuild their cells over the next few years.

I agree with your observations only,,,

ALL of those things started a year ago!

Honu
11-05-08, 12:32
I was being sarcastic but get ready to hear that every time you question the president's agenda for the next 4 years.

ahhhh :) yeah I hear ya there for sure !!! ;)

CarlosDJackal
11-05-08, 12:33
I agree with your observations only,,,

ALL of those things started a year ago!

I beg to differ. I just achieved a very comfortable financial state just a few months ago. In fact, I was saving up to purchase a Class 3 firearm sometime next Spring. Even the crappy economy wasn't affecting that because the only thing that affected was my long-term investments (none of which I plan on touching anytime soon).

But now that I can look forward to higher taxes (someone has to pay for all those social services) and the prospect of more gun control. Unless bho changes his tune on a lot of his promises, it's all going to change for the worse whether we like or not.

khc3
11-05-08, 12:38
If anyone wants an idea of what's in store, just think "The Carter years."

ddemis
11-05-08, 12:41
Your right Carlos change is coming, just the wrong kind of change.

Gunrider
11-05-08, 13:18
Laws, taces, whatever -- you're all missing one of the most important points -- America (and her Armed Forces) was one of the last forces for GOOD on this planet. In spite of constant cries of "imperialism!" by the left, we have done no such thing, liberating countries and moving on.

Obama and the people that support him HATED that America has this role in the world.
More than anything else, THAT is what they want to change
And that just doesn't hurl my wallet, or my hobbies --

That f*cks the WORLD.

mmike87
11-05-08, 13:41
Your right Carlos change is coming, just the wrong kind of change.

No, it's change we can believe in. Just ask them! :rolleyes:

ddemis
11-05-08, 13:53
Lets hope we see another Captian Parker come forward soon. Now all we need is that bridge.

SoDak
11-05-08, 14:10
Now that Obama will be president the world suddenly loves us.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_elections_world_view#full
This story just makes me sick.

Honu
11-05-08, 15:56
If anyone wants an idea of what's in store, just think "The Carter years."

except after your all day wait to fill your tank you will be paying $8 a gallon :)

SMGLee
11-05-08, 16:06
I think Obama will try to get reelected for a second term, so the radicalism will surface during his second term instead of right off the bat...so stopping him in four years will be very important.

Gunrider
11-05-08, 16:10
He has promised his supporters one gun a month and return of AWB in every stump speech. George Soros didn't help raise that 800 million dollars for Obama so we could run around with AR-15s.

Although the :"civilian security force" will probably have them.
Put in your job application now.

Honu
11-05-08, 19:45
Although the :"civilian security force" will probably have them.
Put in your job application now.

and they will say !
sorry you are not a black panther so dont bother joining our civilian police force !!

I do think if he tries to start that up WHO will be in it !!!!!

CarlosDJackal
11-05-08, 20:39
I think Obama will try to get reelected for a second term, so the radicalism will surface during his second term instead of right off the bat...so stopping him in four years will be very important.

We can only hope. What worries me is the fact that the AWB became law during klinton's first term and we have yet to recover from it.

RogerinTPA
11-05-08, 22:01
I'll start:

Agree.

Agree.

Doubtful. The Dems have been getting shit on not supporting the troops in the beginning of this war and they have been all over Bush to get better equipment to the troops (Armored up Humvees, New Armored blast resistant vehicles and body armor) while advocating spending cuts. They save $ for every BDE redeployed back to the states. That's where the real money will be saved....troop withdrawal.

Agree.

News flash, they have been rebuilding and recruiting since we scattered them to the winds in the first few months of the Afgan campaign and the continued rout of Al Qaida from Iraq. They have been on the run, licking their wounds, regrouping and recruiting over the past couple of years there, in neighboring countries, Pakistan, Afganistan and in the SE Asian/Pacific rim.

Me too!

RogerinTPA
11-05-08, 22:05
That's a very chilling and prolific statement SGM.