PDA

View Full Version : BUIS by UTG?

Karl in NY
11-05-08, 10:32
.http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cdnn_2023_3947599

UTG appears to be a chicom accessory company formally specializing in stuff for airsoft guns. They are making lots of very inexpensive AR accessories, sometimes appearing under the Leapers brand name

Does anyone have any personal hands-on experience with the UTG BUIS, like this folding one http://www.cdnninvestments.com/artaflresine.html.

Please, no general China-bashing from people who have no actual experience with this sight. I know it is not a Larue or Troy, but is it at least serviceable for light usage? It is often available for under $25.

mark5pt56
11-05-08, 10:40
if your idea of light usage means going to the range here and there for a few mags worth, then it will serve you fine.

If you plan to ever need it when you really need it, then save your money and get at least a YHM sight or even a used carry handle and cut it.

I've seen these and the other ones in the line and they don't hold up-breakage and internal adjustments don't work right.

THIS WILL NOT TURN INTO ANYTHING OTHER THAN ANSWERING HIS QUESTION WITH FACTUAL INFORMATION

THIS RECENT RASH OF SILLYNESS IS GOING TO END

boltcatch
11-05-08, 11:07
Understood.

UTG sells both airsoft and "real" parts under the same part #. A guy I went to school with a few years ago ran a small side business in mail-order airsoft; I asked him about the brand and he said that they were not particularly well regarded even in terms of an airsoft brand, and that he did not bother carrying them anymore.

Personally, I'd aim for a used $50 Matech BUIS, or perhaps the Cav Arms fixed rear (if you don't need folding) or, as mentioned, a cut carry handle.

ddemis
11-05-08, 13:10
Spend a few more bucks and get a Midwest Ind. or YHM rear folder like I have. You will be glad you did. I bought several items from utg in the past and they all broke. I just finished a serious 8 day long tactical shooting course that really put my YHM sights to the test. They took a beating with my rear sight protective wings getting bent and they still kept their BZO. If you buy cheap first you will buy twice.

Gramps
11-05-08, 13:27
There is a small chance you will find anyone here that uses UTG/LEAPERS. Sorry.

Robb Jensen
11-05-08, 13:27
It's best to keep airsoft/toy sights (or any other toy parts) off of real guns.