PDA

View Full Version : M4A1 Carry Handle Removal?

Hyprlite2007
11-05-08, 12:21
Im rather new to the M4 and I just purchased a M4A1 to play around with until I go to BCT in January, the question is can I remove the carry handle and does it have a flat top so I can mount my scope? I hear different things from all over and cannot find out for myself for a week (waiting for it to ship) Any help would be great so I can buy a flat top for the carry handle or just the mount.

Thanks

St.Michael
11-05-08, 13:01
what is a bct? Anyway, I don't know which one you ordered, but unless you got with with the removable carry handle then yours will be forged to the upper. As in you can NEVER take it off. That is why most people just get the A3 flat top system then they can stick what they want on top. I go the A3 and then just purchased my handle separate. what model/brand did you get?

Iraqgunz
11-05-08, 13:28
BCT is probably Basic Combat Training or something similar. It would help if you told us what make and the exact model of the M4gery that you purchased.

If your carry handle has large knobs on the side, then yes it is removable. Yes, it should then have a flat top and you can mount a scope on it.

As a word of advice I would learn the functions of the weapon and basic disassembly and nothing more. Most all of us went to basic with little training and learned what we needed to know when we got there. The exception would be seeking competent instruction in shooting skills.

Hyprlite2007
11-05-08, 13:44
BCT is Basic Combat Training. Its a new Bushmaster and they only gave me one picture and it hapened to be the side that the knobs are/would not be on, I havent recieved it yet thats why Ive been asking around so I could order the parts now and not have to wait to put it all together. I later realized that I should have gone with the A3 but the price was good and I figured it would be removable until I looked it up further.

I figure it couldnt hurt to have one and learn what I can now before I go so Im not the dumbest guy there.

Heres the link of where I got it, maybe you can see something I missed.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114526295

Thanks for the help

Iraqgunz
11-05-08, 14:35
Your weapon is a fixed carry handle carbine with the old A1 style sights. That means that you will need a sight tool to make adjustments on the rear sight.

BCT is Basic Combat Training. Its a new Bushmaster and they only gave me one picture and it hapened to be the side that the knobs are/would not be on, I havent recieved it yet thats why Ive been asking around so I could order the parts now and not have to wait to put it all together. I later realized that I should have gone with the A3 but the price was good and I figured it would be removable until I looked it up further.

I figure it couldnt hurt to have one and learn what I can now before I go so Im not the dumbest guy there.

Heres the link of where I got it, maybe you can see something I missed.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114526295

Thanks for the help