PDA

View Full Version : New Geissele stuff at 2019 SHOT Show

OldState
01-24-19, 12:39
I think they have even surpassed Magpul in conceiving and producing innovated top quality stuff that people want (though their pricing philosophy is completely different)

I wish more companies had leadership like this. He is an example of how to run any type of business. Image if someone like Bill Geissele was running the show at Colt?:p

https://youtu.be/hxjEdj8Z5kE

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-24-19, 12:56
The best thing about the video is that it puts to rest the pronunciation of their name.

TexHill
01-24-19, 12:59
Geissele makes good quality products - and I'm sure their rifle is going to be top tier - but does the already flooded AR market really need another top tier offering? I think both the market and Geissele would be better served if they invested their resources into other endeavors

OldState
01-24-19, 13:03
The best thing about the video is that it puts to rest the pronunciation of their name.

His first location was about 5 miles from me (though he is still close by) Most of the local gun shops owners have known him personally for many years and were some of the first to stock his triggers. I was corrected quickly the first time I asked about one of his triggers.

Also, if anyone is wondering what exactly a Philadelphia accent is...listen to Bill Geissele. I think it’s the worst sounding regional accent in the US and have tried most of my adult life to get rid of it!

OldState
01-24-19, 13:06
Geissele makes good quality products - and I'm sure their rifle is going to be top tier - but does the already flooded AR market really need another top tier offering? I think both the market and Geissele would be better served if they invested their resources into other endeavors

A very customizable top tier rifle? Not sure there are that many option for that...especially with his reputation. New finishes and metallurgy. Sound pretty unique to me....but yes a flooded market in general.

Adrenaline_6
01-24-19, 13:22
I guess all that is missing is price point?

jpmuscle
01-24-19, 13:23
COMMENT ON RAILGATE BILL

Ok past that the new rifle offerings are nice but it’s going to depend on price point

SR15 money deserves SR15 purchases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zane1844
01-24-19, 13:24
I'm excited. This may be the first AR I buy just to have. Probably a 10.3" with their barrel and bolt whenever it comes out.

Coal Dragger
01-24-19, 15:38
Interested in those forged bolts. Wonder what that will cost?

ALCOAR
01-24-19, 17:01
I'm quite excited as well. These rifles sound awesome. The pricing won't be ridiculous.

lowprone
01-24-19, 17:01
The model 700 trigger sounds like a dream come true.
I have been studying the Jewell, but it screws together
and that is a deficiency in my opinion for a hard use rifle.

TMS951
01-24-19, 18:18
I’d love a nano coated carrier and forged bolt.

The forged bolt seems like the biggest deal.

Coal Dragger
01-24-19, 18:32
Yep big upgrade for guys who can’t afford to step up to a KAC E3.

sidewaysil80
01-24-19, 20:51
According to FirearmBlog the super duty rifles (not LE ones) are going to be sold for around $1700.

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-19, 05:10
Interested in those forged bolts. Wonder what that will cost?

That peaked my interest as well. Especially the round counts they are getting with test guns.

Firefly
01-25-19, 06:10
WE NEED GEISSELE GLOCK TRIGGERS!!

OldState
01-25-19, 12:35
WE NEED GEISSELE GLOCK TRIGGERS!!

For some reason I feel there is a video where he addresses this...and if my memory is correct I don’t think they will be coming anytime soon.

turnburglar
01-25-19, 13:01
I have also asked Geissele on social media about Glock triggers, and they said they didnt have any immediate plans.

I want to be the hipster and say: "I was into Bill G. before he was cool". I have the first ALG rail made with MLOK, before magpul told them their slots were wrong. All my MLOK attachments seem to work just fine :P Of course am running the SSA trigger, and their LPK; but a complete rifle full of cutting edge secret sauce? I dont ever get excited about new rifles (hodge who?) but if this is under 2k, i'll be first in line for a new Super Duty.

Now the SR15 will have some competition amoung the new shooter's that need the best rifle imaginable.

EDIT:

https://geissele.com/super-duty-14-5.html

I found this on G's website. If this is any indicator, the guns will be VERY customizeable. To me this is kind of a bad thing because it likely means one with all the mentioned secret sauce will be far north of 2k. The nano bolt alone is listed as a $250+ add on. CHF barrel? $200+ ect, ect, ect..... for example a rifle with most parts except the CHF (Im not a fan) would be +$735. Is that 1700+735= 2435? Still a marketable price for everything you are getting.... but not the bargain I originally thought.