PDA

View Full Version : DD RIS II FSP install questions

bababoris
01-26-19, 13:05
Hello.
I am trying to install this rail and before I go too far wanted to ask 2 questions.
1. How does the FSP install happens? I believe I need to slide and align it with gas tube as I slide the top section of the rail onto the barrel. Is that correct?
2. Do I have to remove the sling attachment in order to install the bottom rail piece? Seems it is in the way. TIA.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190126/92eaaa28b2be77e5e8e7b6d4fae24b01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade04
01-26-19, 14:45
The sling swivel is to be removed.

For the top section, here are the instructions.

https://danieldefense.com/files/Web/DD-RISII_RAIL.pdf

markm
01-26-19, 14:49
I believe I need to slide and align it with gas tube as I slide the top section of the rail onto the barrel. Is that correct?

I believe so. It's been a few years since I did one though. The reliefs are in the lower portion for putting the pins back in place.

2. Do I have to remove the sling attachment in order to install the bottom rail piece? Seems it is in the way. TIA.

I'd drive the pin out of the sling attachment and leave it off. With the DD rail, there'll be much better ways to attach a sling.

cl2
01-26-19, 15:09
I installed the gas tube into the fsb first and then slid the fsb w/ gas tube onto the barrel in conjunction rail. I’m not sure if that is what the instructions say to do, but it seemed easier and it worked out fine.

bababoris
01-26-19, 15:23
I believe so. It's been a few years since I did one though. The reliefs are in the lower portion for putting the pins back in place.

I'd drive the pin out of the sling attachment and leave it off. With the DD rail, there'll be much better ways to attach a sling.

Thanks

The slink attachment has a rivet and not a pin so I am not sure how to detach it without cutting stuff

titsonritz
01-26-19, 15:31
If you want to make life easier on yourself get a long shaft extension and bring your work space out in front of the rail, it is a pain in the ass and time consuming to use a standard Allen wrench to install those bolts in the bolt up plate.

titsonritz
01-26-19, 15:32
Thanks

The slink attachment has a rivet and not a pin so I am not sure how to detach it without cutting stuff

Just drive it out with a flat head punch, opposite the rivet head side.

Stickman
01-26-19, 15:47
Just drive it out with a flat head punch, opposite the rivet head side.

I usually just drill it as it seems easier. Either should work quickly.

Stickman
01-26-19, 15:50
Hello.
I am trying to install this rail and before I go too far wanted to ask 2 questions.
1. How does the FSP install happens? I believe I need to slide and align it with gas tube as I slide the top section of the rail onto the barrel. Is that correct?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190126/92eaaa28b2be77e5e8e7b6d4fae24b01.jpg

If you don't have it done yet, I attach the barrel and barrel nut. Then slide the FSB with gas tube attached into the rail, then slide it all on. Drive the FSB pins in before you worry about screwing down the screw, and make sure you are bracing the FSB against something solid, not just the rail against a table.

Once its done once, its pretty easy.

titsonritz
01-26-19, 16:14
If you don't have it done yet, I attach the barrel and barrel nut. Then slide the FSB with gas tube attached into the rail, then slide it all on. Drive the FSB pins in before you worry about screwing down the screw, and make sure you are bracing the FSB against something solid, not just the rail against a table.

Forgot about that part, I found it easier to leave rail loose while installing the FSP rather that tighten it first which I iirc the instruction say to do.

titsonritz
01-26-19, 16:19
I usually just drill it as it seems easier. Either should work quickly.

Yep a drill works too, I just don't keep one in my gun tool box, which at this point is still power tool free.

bababoris
01-26-19, 18:39

Thank you. That’s where my head was but wanted to confirm.

bababoris
01-26-19, 19:18
The sling swivel is to be removed.

For the top section, here are the instructions.

https://danieldefense.com/files/Web/DD-RISII_RAIL.pdf

Thank you!