PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Complete Carbine Now Available - Thoughts?

FloridaRaider
01-27-19, 08:54
I was intrigued to notice that Centurion Arms is now offering complete rifle builds, at what appear to be very reasonable prices, with various options. LINK HERE. (https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4upper.htm) Chris Bartocci has a nice write-up (http://smallarmssolutions.com/home/centurion-arms-operator-equipment-designed-by-an-operator?fbclid=IwAR0ScTzUIkq1kgBvDhuYo6LE52OZgjWLBGnJxFZCmwofj50ePQ1FuxMxy_M) introducing the rifle. This might be one to consider as a rifle for folks looking to get into the AR rifle.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/xjhfl.toyeo/v/vspfiles/photos/CM4Upper-2T.jpg

Wake27
01-27-19, 09:06
They've always had a great reputation and that is a solid price.

FloridaRaider
01-27-19, 09:07
I was intrigued to notice that Centurion Arms is now offering complete rifle builds, at what appear to be very reasonable prices, with various options. LINK HERE. (https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4upper.htm) Chris Bartocci has a nice write-up (http://smallarmssolutions.com/home/centurion-arms-operator-equipment-designed-by-an-operator?fbclid=IwAR0ScTzUIkq1kgBvDhuYo6LE52OZgjWLBGnJxFZCmwofj50ePQ1FuxMxy_M) introducing the rifle. This might be one to consider as a rifle for folks looking to get into the AR rifle.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/xjhfl.toyeo/v/vspfiles/photos/CM4Upper-2T.jpg

Thanks, I thought so too, and the options they are offering for it look pretty good too. I've got my eye on the low gas block, 15" rail with 16" barrel and midlength gas sytem.

Wake27
01-27-19, 09:29
Yeah I'd be pretty tempted if I was in the market for another 14.5-15 gun. The C4 rail I had was very well machined.

n517rv
01-27-19, 09:40
That link and price is just for the upper, not a complete rifle.

Looks like a solid option for an upper though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FloridaRaider
01-27-19, 09:45
That link and price is just for the upper, not a complete rifle.

Looks like a solid option for an upper though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It is confusing. Bartocci's article is about a complete rifle and the embedded link in his article takes you to the page referenced above. It does seem that the price is only for the upper though.

New for 2019 is the complete CM4 16in 5.56mm Combat Carbine. Small Arms Solutions was fortunate to get an advanced look at this excellent carbine. With a MSRP of $995, you are getting a complete weapons system which is ready for any job you would throw at it. Whether it be military, law enforcement, target shooting, competition or personal protection this carbine is up to task. Starting with a 6.1-pound carbine with an overall length of 32.5-inches with stock closed.

Eurodriver
01-27-19, 10:22
It looks....sinister.

If they are available at this price I would buy one. I hope they aren’t as unobtanium as their rails have been.

WEK207
01-27-19, 11:22
If I can spec one that comes with their 16" Recce barrel, 15" MLOK CMR, billet receiver set, and a Geissele SSA/E, then I'd be a buyer for sure. Been planning on building that same gun anyway.

Mark71
01-27-19, 11:24
This is awesome. I know what my next rifle will be. Curious to see the available options once the site is updated.

Stickman
01-27-19, 14:32
If I can spec one that comes with their 16" Recce barrel, 15" MLOK CMR, billet receiver set, and a Geissele SSA/E, then I'd be a buyer for sure. Been planning on building that same gun anyway.

Great minds think alike, that is what mine is!

WEK207
01-27-19, 15:41
Great minds think alike, that is what mine is!

That's what I like to hear!

FloridaRaider
01-28-19, 11:08
I heard back this morning from Centurion and in fact, yes, that is the price point for the soon to be coming CM4 Carbine. The web page for it is still being created, but in deed, yes, it looks like a great opportunity at a great price point.

JediGuy
01-28-19, 12:07
This is good.

I see good things ahead with Geissele covering LE and Centurion covering the general citizenry. As long as the Centurion has a decent trigger.

nick84
01-28-19, 12:26
That seems like a lot of rifle for the money. I expect they will sell well.

fledge
01-28-19, 12:45
Once you configure it, it comes out around $1k without sights. That’s between Colt and BCM. I’d take this over both.

I hope they offer the stainless barrels as an option. Those are a step above the pack.

noonesshowmonkey
01-29-19, 10:48
If the street price is $1k for a 16" mid gas, 13" CMR, with a decent lower, and some mlok goodies... That will be a best in class deal for a base carbine.

It would be great to see a setup that has a centurion 9" quad rail and an FSB at the same price point.

Stickman
01-29-19, 18:08
Once you configure it, it comes out around $1k without sights. That’s between Colt and BCM. I’d take this over both.

I hope they offer the stainless barrels as an option. Those are a step above the pack.

I would expect to see them, here is mine....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f1d1beb619988709cddbd73e728828f6/tumblr_pm4axi1R7I1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Eurodriver
01-29-19, 19:05
So is it available now or not?

og556
01-29-19, 20:06
I really wish they would make their medium contour barrels again.

Buncheong
01-29-19, 20:07
A Centurion carbine is something I would definitely like to own.

Stickman
01-30-19, 00:00
So is it available now or not?

If you called them, I would guess yes. In talking with Monty, my understanding is that it will be available with a variety of options. Some guys will want a certain stock, or to have it come with sights, or without sights, with a 3 prong, or a 4 prong, or an A2 FS, or with a different rail, etc etc..

ETA- The pic I posted is of my personal weapon. I think there are a few people that already have gotten complete CA builds with billet lowers though. The forged receiver rifles have been available for a little while now, and I know I'm not the only person where with a Centurion Arms .308.

everready73
01-30-19, 07:31
I made a comment on one of their Facebook posts yesterday and they said the complete rifle should be up on the site in a day or 2

Eurodriver
01-30-19, 08:41
If you called them, I would guess yes. In talking with Monty, my understanding is that it will be available with a variety of options. Some guys will want a certain stock, or to have it come with sights, or without sights, with a 3 prong, or a 4 prong, or an A2 FS, or with a different rail, etc etc..

ETA- The pic I posted is of my personal weapon. I think there are a few people that already have gotten complete CA builds with billet lowers though. The forged receiver rifles have been available for a little while now, and I know I'm not the only person where with a Centurion Arms .308.

Thanks. Good to know about options. A midlength cutout rail middy is gonna be sweet.

Per everreadys post I’ll wait til next week before I call but I’m ready right meow.

rainman
01-30-19, 21:28

Stick-

Any RUMINT you can share about approx. availability of the Centurion Arms big-bore?

-Rainman

Wake27
01-30-19, 22:13

Agreed. I have no desire to ever purchase a government profile again. I'm fine with it on an 11.5, but I doubt they'll offer a complete pistol.

MorphCross
01-30-19, 23:35
Not to tempt anybody but the complete rifles tab is up there and the drop down a la carte menu works. You can drop the 995 price to 985 if you go with a 9.5" CMR M-lok. :happy:

Stickman
01-31-19, 02:34

Stick-

Any RUMINT you can share about approx. availability of the Centurion Arms big-bore?

-Rainman

I’m working on an article with my CA 308, and it is not a regular build, so I can’t give any time lines as to when the production 308s will be ready.

rainman
01-31-19, 07:01
[QUOTE=rainman;2701921]

I’m working on an article with my CA 308, and it is not a regular build, so I can’t give any time lines as to when the production 308s will be ready.

Thank you sir.

-Rainman

everready73
01-31-19, 08:00
That rifle is an awesome value. $995 and comes standard with a pinned gas block and CHF barrel. I cant think of anything on the market that beats this for the specs it has. This is going to be my next rifle.

Chris Bartocci has a Youtube video up on Centurion arms and goes over the rifle if anyone wants to take a look. He posted some codes for discounts on parts, receivers and the rifles. I will post them below if anyone plans on picking something up

Other/Misc: Code SAS10 for 10% off
Rifles: Code SASRIFLE for 3% off
Uppers/Lowers: SASUPPLWR for 5% off

sveesix
01-31-19, 10:08
About to bite the bullet on one of these. So the 11.5 options, can this be shipped with a pistol brace?

FloridaRaider
01-31-19, 10:51
Just took the plunge:

16" mid-length, low profile. Opted for ERGO grip and Surefire Brake. 15" MLOK rail.

I plan on dropping a WILSON AR trigger group in it.

Shipped price: $1016.

SAS discount code of 3% worked.

Sweet dealio.

Wake27
01-31-19, 10:55
About to bite the bullet on one of these. So the 11.5 options, can this be shipped with a pistol brace?

You’ll probably have to call, Monty hasn’t responded to this thread. Let us know what he says if you do though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaRaider
01-31-19, 12:23
FWIW...I get very fast responses by emailing Centurion.

Here's the person who has been extremely helpful and responsive:

Corrie LeClair
sales@centurionarms.net
Centurion Arms, LLC

jpmuscle
01-31-19, 12:51
Nice looking rifle for the price.

It’d be cool to see OEM style rifles too lol

everready73
01-31-19, 14:48
Just took the plunge:

16" mid-length, low profile. Opted for ERGO grip and Surefire Brake. 15" MLOK rail.

I plan on dropping a WILSON AR trigger group in it.

Shipped price: $1016.

SAS discount code of 3% worked.

Sweet dealio.

Nice! I will have to wait till March to pick one up. Tax return money is usually gun money if no other debt, but just had to pay for a new roof :(

Will probably be very close to that configuration. Let me know how you like it!

sveesix
01-31-19, 14:52
I emailed them. Monty is going to look into the legalities of doing a pistol build, but they're willing to work on it.

IKnowNotEverything
01-31-19, 14:57
Why not buy a lower and upper separately, build up as a pistol?

Wake27
01-31-19, 15:05
Why not buy a lower and upper separately, build up as a pistol?

Their complete upper is close to $800-900 IIRC. Which kind of defeats the point.

sveesix
01-31-19, 15:10
Their complete upper is close to $800-900 IIRC. Which kind of defeats the point.

Exactly. Plus there's something to be says about having something out of the box ready to roll.

Wake27
01-31-19, 15:15
Exactly. Plus there's something to be says about having something out of the box ready to roll.

That too. If you’re not setup and/or have the time to put together a stripped lower, it can be a bit of a pain in the ass. And while there’s a tax on it, sometimes it’s kind of cool to have a complete rifle. Centurion is one of the few companies I’d actually want one from.

polydeuces
01-31-19, 17:32

+100!

Centurion is tops in my book.
Running suppressed SBR Centurion upper, 16" barrel chopped to 13.5. Its the one i will shoot till the wheels come of. And then rebarrel....
Took me a while to source everything -clearly this would be the way to go, one stop shop.

Built several rifles for friends w Monty's barrels and they're all stupid accurate and soft shooting; no overgassing here....
And his ('classic') CMR rail is IMHO a work of art. Made to be abused.

Having an entire Centurion rig is, from where I'm sitting, simply tits. Best part is - if you have questions he'll actually call you back!
Whats not to love.....

FloridaRaider
02-01-19, 05:26
Apparently it is heresy to suggest that Centurion is giving BCM and DD some competition with this rifle. :)

everready73
02-01-19, 07:48
Apparently it is heresy to suggest that Centurion is giving BCM and DD some competition with this rifle. :)

I would take it over DD all day, even at the same price. The fact that this is $500 cheaper makes it a no brainier.

I would say very similar quality wise to BCM but BCM does have a long track record producing reliable and qaulity guns. Might be worth the $200-400 premium to some

Who is saying they are not on the same tier?

wetidlerjr
02-01-19, 08:13

Apparently, I have no idea what you are talking about. :confused:

Wake27
02-01-19, 08:27
I would take it over DD all day, even at the same price. The fact that this is $500 cheaper makes it a no brainier.

I would say very similar quality wise to BCM but BCM does have a long track record producing reliable and qaulity guns. Might be worth the $200-400 premium to some

Who is saying they are not on the same tier?

I've always thought DD was overpriced. BCM is still a good price point because I like all of their accessories - grip, trigger, stock, CH, etc. But I've never wanted to drop below BCM because I'm just not a huge Colt fan. Nice to have a really good rifle at this price.

SeriousStudent
02-01-19, 09:10
Except FloridaRaider is really Paul McCain, notorious shit-stirrer.

Paul, you keep sneaking back in with troll accounts, but you can just never quite resist your trollish ways. It's like a dog that can't stop killing chickens.

I think this is probably the 10th troll account I have banned you under? Let's make it the last, shall we?

Eurodriver
02-01-19, 10:00

Paul, you keep sneaking back in with troll accounts, but you can just never quite resist your trollish ways. It's like a dog that can't stop killing chickens.

I think this is probably the 10th troll account I have banned you under? Let's make it the last, shall we?

Whoa. This is the first time I’ve been on the other side of the trolling...and the ban.

I’m going to celebrate by buying a CM4.

mark5pt56
02-01-19, 10:12
Couldn't resist, dang it! This will be a great carbine, nothing like a solid well respected piece of equipment.

Wake27
02-01-19, 10:36

It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't have one, but he needs to get a life. That being said, his posts in this thread wee far less troll-y at least.

Also, I got the same response about the complete pistol before I saw another member here posted. Monty is open to it but wants to look into the legalities first.

Walker_Texasranger
02-01-19, 10:59
The link is for the upper only. With any add ons it’s not a deal. Not saying it’s not worth it but def not cheaper than BCM.

everready73
02-01-19, 11:17
The link is for the upper only. With any add ons it’s not a deal. Not saying it’s not worth it but def not cheaper than BCM.

Check the website. They have the COMPLETE rifle up now for $895 with option to go a little cheaper or more expensive depending on set up you want. It is a really good value

Here is the link to the complete rifle

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4rfl.htm

mark5pt56
02-01-19, 11:57
It's 995, and that is a great deal for what your are receiving. Like any quality piece, you are getting a known.

wetidlerjr
02-01-19, 13:06

Mystery solved!
And another one bites the dust.

sveesix
02-01-19, 15:49
Pistol is now available with an SBA3 brace:

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4pistol.htm

Thank you Corrie for being so accommodating and responsive to the request!

Wake27
02-01-19, 16:11
Pistol is now available with an SBA3 brace:

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4pistol.htm

Thank you Corrie for being so accommodating and responsive to the request!

Got the same email. Awesome.

26 Inf
02-01-19, 16:58
Mystery solved!
And another one bites the dust.

Apparently you guys are not adherents to Father Flannigan's thought that “There are no bad boys. There is only bad environment, bad training, bad example, bad thinking.”

I examined all ten of Florida Raider's posts, and I have to ask, for him:

Where to now St. Peter
If it's true I'm in your hands
I may not be a Christian
But I've done all one man can
I understand I'm on the road
Where all that was is gone
So where to now St. Peter
Show me which road I'm on.....

.....Apparently not the road to redemption :cool:

36trap
02-01-19, 17:00
That's a smoking deal for the specs.

wetidlerjr
02-01-19, 18:41
Apparently you guys are not adherents to Father Flannigan's thought that[I] “There are no bad boys. There is only bad environment, bad training, bad example, bad thinking.”... :cool:

Apparently:cool:
...there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Casey has struck out...

SeriousStudent
02-01-19, 19:14
The irritating part is that he's a reverand, and writes editorails for a major religious publishing house. :rolleyes: Way to set the example.....

Back to the Centurian rifle. I think Monty's got a great rifle with this package, and is going to do a lot of business. I'll probably buy one for my son-in-law. His birthday is coming up in a few months, and he's a fine lad.

jerrysimons
02-01-19, 19:52
Wow, congrats to Centurion Arms. This is a sweet deal for a fine rifle. The barrel alone purchased separately would cost 1/3rd of the entire rifle (maybe the finest barrels in the business)! Nothing gets close to this for the specs at the introductory price with quality on par with BCM!

Also let me just leave this here (from their barrel page) and ask if this isnt a company you get a warm and fuzzy ordering from?
https://cdn3.volusion.com/xjhfl.toyeo/v/vspfiles/photos/HFB-LW-3.png?1540292237

Ok the Sionics Patrol 3-E gets honorable mention for price point, value, and feature set
http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/home/132-patrol-ssk-12.html#/55-sight_set-no/59-barrel_choice-lightweight_chrome_lined/131-15_rail-no/154-upgrade_to_2_stage_trigger-no

grizzman
02-01-19, 20:34
Had I not assembled an almost completely Centurion rifle from the last group buy, I'd be very tempted.

That image makes me wonder why I can't find a 12.5" lightweight CHF barrel to buy, either separately or as part of a completed upper assembly.

JediGuy
02-01-19, 20:51
Had I not assembled an almost completely Centurion rifle from the last group buy, I'd be very tempted.

Came here to say the exact same thing.
Should I have friends desiring an AR of higher quality than a M&P15 Sport, this will be my recommendation, based on the products that I have of theirs, plus the friendly service.

Buncheong
02-01-19, 21:13
I have a question.

Would a Centurion w/16” barrel + A2 FSB + A2 pistol grip + milspec CH be a significant upgrade over my Colt HBPW model of 6920?

Reason I ask is because I’ve heard/read such great things about Centurion that I’d like to take the plunge, but...

...it would be hard to justify keeping my HBPW 6920. It’s still NIB, haven’t done anything with it yet, so selling it would be easy-peazy.

But am I just trading an orange for a tangerine? Or would selling the Colt in order to obtain a Centurion be a significant upgrade?

Thanks for any input!

sveesix
02-01-19, 21:37
I have a question.

Would a Centurion w/16” barrel + A2 FSB + A2 pistol grip + milspec CH be a significant upgrade over my Colt HBPW model of 6920?

Reason I ask is because I’ve heard/read such great things about Centurion that I’d like to take the plunge, but...

...it would be hard to justify keeping my HBPW 6920. It’s still NIB, haven’t done anything with it yet, so selling it would be easy-peazy.

But am I just trading an orange for a tangerine? Or would selling the Colt in order to obtain a Centurion be a significant upgrade?

Thanks for any input!

A lot of people love Colt, and they work, but the Centurion is in another class IMO. Fit and finish is much better. The rail alone would be worth the upgrade, although one could argue you could just add a rail to your Colt. It's really personal preference. If you want a Centurion, go for it!

JediGuy
02-01-19, 22:44
I have a question.

You’ve got a gun that probably plenty of people lust over. If you were to spec them the exact same, you would be looking at oranges and tangerines, especially since you already own one of them. With the HBPW, you can always add LPVO and get great accuracy; the only benefit to the Centurion would be a factory free-floated handguard. But...do you shoot at enough distance that would even matter? I know I don’t.

Don’t mistake me, I love my Centurion products, but what you have is nice already.

Wake27
02-01-19, 22:56
Wow, congrats to Centurion Arms. This is a sweet deal for a fine rifle. The barrel alone purchased separately would cost 1/3rd of the entire rifle (maybe the finest barrels in the business)! Nothing gets close to this for the specs at the introductory price with quality on par with BCM!

Also let me just leave this here (from their barrel page) and ask if this isnt a company you get a warm and fuzzy ordering from?
https://cdn3.volusion.com/xjhfl.toyeo/v/vspfiles/photos/HFB-LW-3.png?1540292237

Ok the Sionics Patrol 3-E gets honorable mention for price point, value, and feature set
http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/home/132-patrol-ssk-12.html#/55-sight_set-no/59-barrel_choice-lightweight_chrome_lined/131-15_rail-no/154-upgrade_to_2_stage_trigger-no

Options on barrel profile goes to Sionics, but admittedly knowing nothing of their rail, I like the C4/CMR offerings better. Hard to go wrong either way I'm sure.

jpmuscle
02-01-19, 23:42
I’m thinking of grabbing the 14.7 pistol with mlok

Pricing is sweet

Wake27
02-02-19, 00:00
I’m thinking of grabbing the 14.7 pistol with mlok

Pricing is sweet

I want the 11.5 but am debating C4 vs MLOK CMR. I need an actual pistol much more though so life is hard.

grizzlyblake
02-02-19, 09:51
Any thoughts on how this compares to the Sionics Patrol Three-E?

mark5pt56
02-02-19, 20:19
I DELETED SOME POST IN HERE. LET'S GROW UP AND TALK ABOUT THE GOODS CENTURION IS OFFERING AND SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR HIS HARD WORK BRINGING QUALITY PRODUCTS TO MARKET. A COUPLE OF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, KNOCK IT OFF OR AN AC IS IN ORDER ALONG WITH AN AK IN THE ALLEY.:big_boss:

Deerhunter_28
02-02-19, 21:35
Sorry for the crazy question.

Can someone order the base rifle for $995.00 add a optic and be good?

Lots of options they have.
Just confused.

Thanks,

polydeuces
02-02-19, 21:51
Yes. This rifle is gtg out of the box.
Everything else (furniture, buis etc) is personal preference and has no effect on INHERENT accuracy reliabilitt.
Get it with the gen1 CMR, slap on yer prefered optic and and you’ll be happy as a clam.
Hitting stuff all day long.

26 Inf
02-02-19, 21:55
This is what you get:

Upper
--Centurion Arms 16" 5.56mm chrome hammer forged barrel, government profile under the handguard, 1/7 twist, Independently Certified MIL-SPEC 11595E barrel steel, specifically engineered for machine guns for longer life (most all hammer forged barrels on the market are not made of this steel), USGI 5.56mm NATO, chrome lined bore and chamber. HPT/MPI (Hight Pressure Test/Magnetic Particle inspected), per MIL-SPEC. Manganese Phosphate Finish on entire barrel,
--Centurion Arms CM4 Forged Upper receiver is standard forged Mil-Spec with M4 Extended feed ramps
--Centurion Arms low profile pinned gas block
--13" MLOK Centurion Arms CMR Rail
--Mid-length gas tube
--Standard A2 Flash Hider
--BCG: Full Auto machined from MIL-SPEC Carpenter 158 Steel. HPT/MPI (High Pressure Tested/Proof) (Magnetic Particle Inspected), Shot Peened, Tool Steel Extractor w/enhanced extractor spring, Chrome Lined Carrier, Hardened, Chrome Lined Gas Key w/staked Grade 8 Fasteners as per MIL-SPEC.

--Lower
--Centurion Arms CM4 Forged Lower Receiver
--Receiver Plate-Standard (options coming soon)
--Fire Control Group: MIL Spec
--Trigger Guard: Aluminum Winter Trigger Guard
--Buffer: H2
--Grip: A2
--Stock: B5 Bravo

Yep, you should be good to go, I boldfaced what I thought was above norm for the price range.

I'm surprised they don't offer an ambi-safety option.

Personally, I'd opt for the 15" Centurion Arms MLOK CMR [Add $10.00] install an MBT trigger, add a B5 Type23 grip, throw on an optic and see how it shoots.

ccosby
02-02-19, 23:27

That image makes me wonder why I can't find a 12.5" lightweight CHF barrel to buy, either separately or as part of a completed upper assembly.

I used one of their barrels on a 16 inch middy a2 a while ago and was very happy. With the group buy I also assembled a complete gun of theirs or would be buying one of these.

Also I love but kinda hate their hk style sights. They are awesome buy they used a flat head screw where the HK uses a phillips. It caught me a bit off guard at the range when I went to zero. Used my letherman but which they hadn't done that.

Eurodriver
02-03-19, 09:49
This is what you get:

I'm surprised they don't offer an ambi-safety option.

It do be like that though.

Stickman
02-03-19, 14:36
Sorry for the crazy question.

Can someone order the base rifle for $995.00 add a optic and be good?

Lots of options they have.
Just confused.

Thanks,

It will rank up there with the absolute best of them.

Stickman
02-03-19, 14:37
It do be like that though.

The market for ambi selectors is pretty small, but that doesn't change a buddy is over here asking me for one and to install it in his AR10.

Wake27
02-03-19, 15:39
Safeties are like triggers, grips, and stocks to me. There are so many good options right now that it probably makes the most sense to use the old school standard because many people are going to replace them anyways.

ETA - most people that care about that stuff.

26 Inf
02-03-19, 16:48
Safeties are like triggers, grips, and stocks to me. There are so many good options right now that it probably makes the most sense to use the old school standard because many people are going to replace them anyways.

ETA - most people that care about that stuff.

From our perspective, I agree. But how many AR owners know how to change out a safety? I think for most owners, how they buy it is how it stays.

thopkins22
02-03-19, 17:30
From our perspective, I agree. But how many AR owners know how to change out a safety? I think for most owners, how they buy it is how it stays.

Sure, but of all the guts, it has to be the easiest one to do. And I’d say that for most part, the ones who buy it and are fine if it will stay that way probably aren’t the ones who see value in an ambi safety in the first place.

MistWolf
02-03-19, 18:53

HA! All I hear from my friends with their first ARs is about all parts they've "upgraded" and "cool stuff" they've added added.

26 Inf
02-03-19, 21:38
HA! All I hear from my friends with their first ARs is about all parts they've "upgraded" and "cool stuff" they've added added.

Well, dang, the rest of the guys at the home just buy 'em and shoot them, well, whenever we can get the orderlies to take us to the range.

MistWolf
02-03-19, 22:53
Just a couple of days ago, I ran into a USAF Master Sergeant, Ret. as he was picking up a Grip Pod to add to his 6920 that's been dragged through the LuthAr catalog two or three times. He's got more money in accessories than he does the rifle! Don't count us- I mean them- them guys out of the Game of Gucci yet!

The irony is, he won't spend more than $50 for an optic, including mount.

Oops! Thread drift- time to get back on target. The Centurion rifles look like one helluva bargain!

Buncheong
02-04-19, 00:38
I’m digging the Centurion carbine bigtime but I’m gonna’ hold out for a 20” barrel, hoping they offer one, one day.

I’ve got enough carbines at present, adding another would prove more of a luxury for me, I think.

26 Inf
02-04-19, 11:38
Oops! Thread drift- time to get back on target. The Centurion rifles look like one helluva bargain!

Yes they do. Two things keeping me from purchasing - waiting for the group buy on their billet lowers, just dropped a grand with White Oak for a new service rifle upper.

Stickman
02-04-19, 12:51
Yes they do. Two things keeping me from purchasing - waiting for the group buy on their billet lowers, just dropped a grand with White Oak for a new service rifle upper.

I spoke with Monty this morning, and the group buy should be coming up pretty soon, they are pretty busy getting some other stuff up on the website, and since they do everything themselves (including their website), they are swamped.

SeriousStudent
02-04-19, 23:43
Thanks for the update, Stick. Much appreciated.

hotrodder636
02-05-19, 01:27
Got the email the other day. Was very impressed with the price point. This thing looks legit. Not that I need another AR but I might end up with this one.

ogtruckin
02-12-19, 09:49
Has anyone received there rifle or pistol yet? Also does anyone know if there is a discount code for the complete pistol?

everready73
02-12-19, 12:06
Has anyone received there rifle or pistol yet? Also does anyone know if there is a discount code for the complete pistol?

I posted some codes a few pages back. Someone confirmed it worked for 3% off of full rifle

Other/Misc: Code SAS10 for 10% off
Rifles: Code SASRIFLE for 3% off
Uppers/Lowers: SASUPPLWR for 5% off

ogtruckin
02-12-19, 12:08
thank you

Dakota_CA
02-12-19, 18:23
I'm currently working at Centurion as an armorer/builder. Rifles and pistols are shipping out. We have A LOT of projects going on, and waiting on some parts to come in. But we're getting them shipped out as quickly as we can.

SeriousStudent
02-12-19, 18:41
I'm currently working at Centurion as an armorer/builder. Rifles and pistols are shipping out. We have A LOT of projects going on, and waiting on some parts to come in. But we're getting them shipped out as quickly as we can.

Woot! I can't wait to see your work. :)

Wake27
02-12-19, 19:51

Nice, glad to have you here.

mgennardo83
02-13-19, 00:55

Hey just curious why you’re not able to pin and weld muzzle devices according to the website?

Iraqgunz
02-13-19, 04:20
Good seeing you here. Looking forward to coming out again in the future.

Dakota_CA
02-13-19, 09:26
Hey just curious why you’re not able to pin and weld muzzle devices according to the website?

We do have a welding setup, but I personally don't have any experience welding, so I don't want to dick anything up. Monty does know how, but has a lot going on keeping him busy. He says he'll get on it sometime soon, so it will definitely be an option in the future.

mark5pt56
02-22-19, 03:35
Picked mine up Tuesday, this is a solid piece! Many thanks to the crew for putting out a top notch product. The communication is also top notch, assisting with questions and ship info. Got the Magpul Pro sights on and giving an Athlon Midas 1-6 a try. Won't be able to shoot until Tuesday with this last minute schedule. For your fit and finish concerns if you have them, no worries there either.
In my opinion, get one--or two!

Mark

Wake27
02-22-19, 06:26
Picked mine up Tuesday, this is a solid piece! Many thanks to the crew for putting out a top notch product. The communication is also top notch, assisting with questions and ship info. Got the Magpul Pro sights on and giving an Athlon Midas 1-6 a try. Won't be able to shoot until Tuesday with this last minute schedule. For your fit and finish concerns if you have them, no worries there either.

Mark

Nice. I bought ammo and a Brokos pistol course instead of one of these, but I do still want one.

SwampYankee
02-22-19, 10:17
I grabbed a few up. How could I not, right? Haha.

pointblank4445
02-22-19, 10:44

Yes, this x100...with their tongue and groove gas block.

Dakota_CA
02-22-19, 13:29

Mark

Glad you're liking it so far. Let me know how it shoots for you.

Dakota_CA
02-22-19, 13:31

The medium contour barrels were before I started, but we do have Recce and Mk12 barrels with the groove for tabbed gas blocks.

Stickman
02-22-19, 14:37
Good to have you over here D-CA.

mark5pt56
03-01-19, 06:38
Liking this set up, will run this scope for a bit to see how it holds up. Carbine runs like a top, no issues.

http://i.imgur.com/KuLk1OA.jpg (https://imgur.com/KuLk1OA)

RVTMaverick
03-01-19, 09:07
SWEET! That's a Awesome looking setup.
This is how you got it "out of the box"? Not counting the scope and rings or?

Liking this set up, will run this scope for a bit to see how it holds up. Carbine runs like a top, no issues.

http://i.imgur.com/KuLk1OA.jpg (https://imgur.com/KuLk1OA)

mark5pt56
03-01-19, 12:16
Came with a 30 round Pmag, I added all else, scope, mount, sights, covers and 20 rd Colt mag. The gun is solid, all of the normal expected features with staking, H2, etc. I didn't have the WOTG sling attached.

Stickman
03-01-19, 16:47
I would like to point out how sexy that 20 rounder looks.

SeriousStudent
03-01-19, 18:03

My Grinch heart grew three sizes, just seeing that.

MorphCross
03-01-19, 18:26

My Grinch heart grew three sizes, just seeing that.

Personally I liked the sweet brass patina already building on the shell deflector.

mgennardo83
03-01-19, 18:30

Make 20 rounders great again.

lowprone
03-01-19, 19:05
I am liking these.

mmradio4
03-02-19, 07:12
Does anyone know if Centurion is going to be offering complete 11.5" uppers?

mark5pt56
03-02-19, 07:28

And it's over 18! More like 30.

Dakota_CA
03-02-19, 09:50
Does anyone know if Centurion is going to be offering complete 11.5" uppers?

We have 11.5" pistols available. I think we'll have some 11.5" barrels coming in sometime soon, so complete uppers should be an option when that happens. Right now we're using cut down 14.5" carbine barrels. You could probably request one by email, I don't think that'd be a problem.

mmradio4
03-03-19, 05:59
We have 11.5" pistols available. I think we'll have some 11.5" barrels coming in sometime soon, so complete uppers should be an option when that happens. Right now we're using cut down 14.5" carbine barrels. You could probably request one by email, I don't think that'd be a problem.

Thank you, appreciate the info!

mark5pt56
04-27-19, 06:55
So, how are everyone's sticks running? No issues here, still rocking the 20's and Athlon scope on it.

Caduceus
04-27-19, 07:46
Mine came in on Thursday. Lubed it with TW25b, threw in a Raptor charging handle, and put 300 rounds through it without issue. All I had time for, since it was a nice day and gabby elderly men were showing up in droves. Hoping it rains next range day. At least my BUIS and Sig Romeo 4 (with the "Eotech" style sight) have a 50 yd zero for now.

A shame too, since Walmart is running 29-30 CPR on Winchester WB, Federal .223 (red box) and Federal M855 in cans. Not the best prices, but saves me shipping. I had hoped for 500 rounds that day.

Edit, 4/29: 300 rounds more WWB. Haven't cleaned/lubed. No issues. Weather was horribly perfect at partly cloudy and 75. First visit, above, was shooting 100 rounds of Federal .223, 30 of Federal M855, and the rest being Winchester WB. Mags: Magpul M3 (won't drop free) and D&H aluminum (drops free).

Edit 5/4: 200 rounds of Wolf Gold and 30 of Federal M855. Starting to look dry but working fine. Several other magazines used (magpul M2, Surefire 60rd x2, some tan follower GI style). One SF didn't drop free, the rest did. Trigger has smoothed out. 50s and overcast. Loving it so far!

Wake27
04-27-19, 10:48
I didn’t realize they had an introductory price, they’ve gone up since being listed for $1k.

RHINOWSO
04-27-19, 18:39
I didn’t realize they had an introductory price, they’ve gone up since being listed for $1k.

Yeah, I saw that they are $1200 base now.

SwampYankee
05-04-19, 21:44
So I didn't notice when I picked them up but my complete rifles and the uppers I ordered don't have dry film lube in them. I don't think it really matters that much in the grand scheme of things, but MUH MIL-SPEC! Haha. But seriously, did anyone else notice this in their upper?
ETA: anyone have any suggestions on why the trigger reset would be weak/delayed and sometimes just not reset? And also stupid question #2 I've noticed a rattle in one of the uppers. It is being caused by the silver tab that is pinched between the gap in the handgaurd. Does this tab work like on a wedge lock hand gaurd? Should I fix it? Not worry about it?

mark5pt56
05-05-19, 07:05
The tab you refer to is an over torque plate. Someone may beat me to it and post the instruction they will provide for install specs including the torque values. My guess is they didn't on this one or they did and the torque specs did not close the gap.

The trigger is just the phosphating which is rough at first, especially on a "mil-spec" trigger/hammer. Oil the contact points and do some dry fires and it will stop-or hit the range. You can speed it up by oiling (or greasing) the contact points and adding pressure on these points by pulling the hammer forward slightly as you work the trigger through the release and recocking cycles.

mark5pt56
05-05-19, 10:13
http://i.imgur.com/UdXY1SA.jpg?1 (https://imgur.com/UdXY1SA)

SwampYankee
05-05-19, 10:34
Good info. Thanks a lot!

grinch
05-06-19, 10:38

;) give me a bit I like that contour too

MQ105
05-06-19, 11:13
;) give me a bit I like that contour too

CHF, 11.5", med profile. YES

12.5 & 14.5 too, please.

mark5pt56
05-09-19, 13:11
Was goofing around today, working on positions (not showing that work, haha) and thought I would do a group using a load I developed for the 20" 5R barrel. 6X scope at 100 using a 4x4 for a rest on the front. 77 grain SMK/8208xbr/BR4.
Not bad for this barrel and stock trigger, again, Gotta have something to do!

http://i.imgur.com/vLjlRu1.jpg (https://imgur.com/vLjlRu1)

methical20
05-13-19, 10:18
Looks like these are back to 995 for anyone interested.

ogtruckin
05-13-19, 10:28
Looks like these are back to 995 for anyone interested.still showing 1200 for me am I missing something?

methical20
05-13-19, 10:30
still showing 1200 for me am I missing something?

I think someone with Centurion must have seen that post and acted quickly :)

I added to cart at 995 earlier this morning and went back to check and it was back to 1200.

ogtruckin
05-13-19, 10:38
that's too bad, I would snatch one immediately for a grand.

Prestonshooting
05-17-19, 13:15
I bought a complete Centurion Arms AR and am very pleased with it. I have put over 1,000 through it without a single issue, just getting it warmed up.

Caduceus
05-22-19, 10:57
Update again: Last post, on page 12, I'd gotten up to 800 rounds.

Since then, swapped over to a Leupold VXR Patrol 1-4 scope. 90 rounds that day, and today did another 360 rounds of various M855 and M193, out of different magazines (Magpul M2 and M3, D&H, Brownell's green follower, SF 60-round). No issues so far. Still haven't cleaned it or lubed it since day 1 (TW-25b was used that day).

Round count so far: 1,250

phixion
05-22-19, 11:29
Update again: Last post, on page 12, I'd gotten up to 800 rounds.

Since then, swapped over to a Leupold VXR Patrol 1-4 scope. 90 rounds that day, and today did another 360 rounds of various M855 and M193, out of different magazines (Magpul M2 and M3, D&H, Brownell's green follower, SF 60-round). No issues so far. Still haven't cleaned it or lubed it since day 1 (TW-25b was used that day).

Round count so far: 1,250

Thanks for the update.

titsonritz
11-18-19, 23:36
This thread needs a bump...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myEt3jGc-U

Cincinnatus15
09-15-20, 09:57
Hows everyone’s complete rifles holding up? Just ordered one myself. Looking forward to it coming in!

Stickman
09-15-20, 16:51
Hows everyone’s complete rifles holding up? Just ordered one myself. Looking forward to it coming in!

I have several, all have been flawless.

Caduceus
09-15-20, 22:56
Haven't had a chance to shoot much this year. Maybe up to 1500 rounds. I finally did wipe it down and oil it, mostly because it had done "enough" to prove itself to me.

kyjd75
09-16-20, 17:48
I have several, all have been flawless.

Same here. I have a couple, 11.5 sbr and 14.5 p&w, and both have been perfect. In fact, when they ever get back in stock, I am planning to order a 16" to complete the "family", so to speak.

Cincinnatus15
09-23-20, 11:42
Does anyone know what is made in house at Centurion vs what is out-sourced? From what I’ve read everything they use is considered optimal or relatively good quality. Just curious as I would like to know the quality compared to some of the other manufacturers out there.

JWill1776
09-23-20, 11:57
My sense is that they use outside vendors for everything but have things made to their specs and then are careful about QC.

Hulkstr8
09-23-20, 12:09
My sense is that they use outside vendors for everything but have things made to their specs and then are careful about QC.

You'd be mistaken.

JWill1776
09-23-20, 12:10
I'd welcome your insight then on which parts they manufacture in their own facility.

Hulkstr8
09-23-20, 12:13
I'd welcome your insight then on which parts they manufacture in their own facility.

I'm not sure what I should/shouldn't say publicly. Beyond their strict QC, they do have an in-house side to their operation. I'll leave it at that.

JWill1776
09-23-20, 12:15
Well, without any evidence to support your assertion, I'll remain with my observation based on interaction with Centurion, of which I'm a big fan, by the way.

Hulkstr8
09-23-20, 12:16
Well, without any evidence to support your assertion, I'll remain with my observation based on interaction with Centurion, of which I'm a big fan, by the way.

lol, okay great.

Cincinnatus15
09-23-20, 12:56
Now I’m confused..

JWill1776
09-23-20, 13:41
Nothing to be confused about.

I replied to your question by saying it is my impression based on my contacts with Centurion that they do not have a manufacturing facility, but instead outsource to manufacturers the capacity to make things according to Centurion's specifications, and then they do QC on them to assure compliance to their high standards.

I'm a fan of Centurion, there is nothing wrong with this approach, which is used by many AR "makers" including SOLGW and BCM, etc.

Another guy said I was mistaken and when I asked him to provide details, he did not.

It doesn't matter one way or the other...since the key to ARs these days is in the QC and specs used to build them.

I would have high trust in Centurion AR rifles based on their other products they have offered in the past.

Some companies do have the internal capacity actually to forge and manufacturer their parts on location and they choose to develop this capacity as part of their corporate strategy. Geissele, Daniel Defense and others come to mind. Others choose to use well known outside manufactures who provide them the parts they order to be made, according to the specifications they require of the manufacturer. Or maybe they do actually have machining equipment and make some of their own parts, like the rail systems. But...is really doesn't matter.

There is more than one way to skin a cat, so they say. I've never even tried to skin a cat once so I would not know.

Hulkstr8
09-23-20, 14:22
Now I’m confused..

Centurion does some stuff in house, but that ultimately doesn't matter because it's still their QC, specs, etc.

I guess you either like/trust Centurion or you don't.

JWill1776
09-23-20, 14:23
Which is precisely what I had just told him. :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?212847-Centurion-Complete-Carbine-Now-Available-Thoughts&p=2886658#post2886658

Cincinnatus15
09-23-20, 14:46
I just bought one, I like them a lot. Seems like a great rifle and seems like they’re great people. Was just curious.

JWill1776
09-23-20, 14:48
It's a common misconception out there in AR world that unless a company selling ARs actually manufacturers all the constituent parts themselves in their own manufacturing facility one should be a tad wary of buying their products. Totally not the case, as explained above. Hope it helps.

Stickman
09-23-20, 16:14

I've been inside the facility and watched parts coming off the CNC machines. They don't make everything in house, but they do machine what I would consider to be a good amount.

Additionally, I'll also take a moment to add there are plenty of places that augment their production capabilities with outside contractors. If a vendor has the files, and holds to the standards given to them, there is no reason there should be any issues. In other words, some places do both.

SeriousStudent
09-25-20, 16:14
By the way, JWill1776 is really Paul McCain, who I just perma-banned for the millionth time.

ffhounddog
09-25-20, 17:37
By the way, JWill1776 is really Paul McCain, who I just perma-banned for the millionth time.

I guess It’s a good thing i do My know this person.

RHINOWSO
09-25-20, 17:45

I think I called this about 2 weeks ago, BTW... his musty douche smell is impossible to hide...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?225329-Backup-optic-with-LPVO-RMR-or-Aimpoint/page2

1_click_off
09-25-20, 18:47
I think I called this about 2 weeks ago, BTW... his musty douche smell is impossible to hide...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?225329-Backup-optic-with-LPVO-RMR-or-Aimpoint/page2

2 page thread on a grip screw sealed the deal for me. I have my suspicions on another member as well....

RHINOWSO
09-25-20, 19:29
2 page thread on a grip screw sealed the deal for me. I have my suspicions on another member as well....

Yeah, after seeing his $hit for years, it's usually a single phrase of sanctimonious bull$hit that he can't help but say.

JediGuy
09-25-20, 19:47

Ha! I was watching his posts and thought something was odd...

Disciple
09-25-20, 19:55

I hope it's not me. I swear there are no longer quarters in my buffer tube. :sarcastic: