PDA

View Full Version : Will Glock 43X and 48 be available in black slide?

OldGrayGuy
01-29-19, 08:23
Have done several searches here and the web to see if anyone who was at the SHOT Show last week asked Glock if the 43X and 48 will be released with a black slide in the future? I would like to try a 48 and thinking it would make a nice pistol to gift to my daughter but prefer a dark pistol.

WickedWillis
01-29-19, 10:19
At this time glockstore.com is the only place I have seen black 43x and 48's. I cannot find the picture they put on instagram yesterday showing them though;

https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-43X-9mm?quantity=1&color=1

You can choose the color in that menu.

OldGrayGuy
01-29-19, 10:46
Thanks, Willis, saw that someone a day or so had posted here that GlockStore is refinishing the slides in a black finish but would prefer the black factory finish. I'm thinking the silver slide might keep enough people from buying them that they will eventually release them with a black slide, trying to get some gauge how long this might be if at all.

WickedWillis
01-29-19, 11:30
Thanks, Willis, saw that someone a day or so had posted here that GlockStore is refinishing the slides in a black finish but would prefer the black factory finish. I'm thinking the silver slide might keep enough people from buying them that they will eventually release them with a black slide, trying to get some gauge how long this might be if at all.

I was not aware they were coating them. Thank you for the heads up!

titsonritz
01-29-19, 11:34

I was not aware they were coating them. Thank you for the heads up!

That's what I'm hearing also, not a factory finish

Hush
01-29-19, 12:33
Spoke to a Glock rep who said there were no plans to release an all black version. They just bought 3 new PVD machines so expect to see more silver finish releases...he noted that black and silver are the glock logo colors after all.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Walker_Texasranger
01-29-19, 13:25
You know they will. Need reasons for people to buy duplicates of things. Like releasing the 42 before the 43. Obviously sold way more 42s as a result then they would have.

And if it bothers you enough you can get it nitrided or cerakoted cheap enough.

halfmoonclip
01-29-19, 15:21
Actually like the silver; a 48 is in my future.
Moon

Pacific5th
01-29-19, 16:30
I like the two tone, which is weird cause usually I don’t. I bet we see the black slides though within a year.

RHINOWSO
01-29-19, 16:50
You know they will. Need reasons for people to buy duplicates of things.

Agreed. It might not be this year, but a black 43x and 48 will happen, no doubt.

Mozart
01-29-19, 18:58
Spoke to a Glock rep who said there were no plans to release an all black version. They just bought 3 new PVD machines so expect to see more silver finish releases...he noted that black and silver are the glock logo colors after all.

Sorry to hijack this thread for a second, but this Glock Rep:

Did they by chance talk about when we’ll start seeing the 19.5 on shelves without the grip cutout, and with the new breechface ejection-assisting notch? I’m waiting to acquire another 19.5 with those changes. And actually, I would love a 19.5 with the front serrations that isn’t an MOS model too.

Hush
01-29-19, 19:21
I didn't know to ask, but I will when I see him again! And same!

RHINOWSO
01-29-19, 19:28
Sorry to hijack this thread for a second, but this Glock Rep:

Did they by chance talk about when we’ll start seeing the 19.5 on shelves without the grip cutout, and with the new breechface ejection-assisting notch? I’m waiting to acquire another 19.5 with those changes. And actually, I would love a 19.5 with the front serrations that isn’t an MOS model too.This exactly. I'm close to buying an 19 MOS and putting a G45 slide on it, but then I'd have a G45 with an 19MOS slide on it that I didn't want.

arptsprt
01-29-19, 20:04
I bought a 43x yesterday. I don’t usually like two tone guns either, but I like this one. The slide is a matte silver/gray tone that’s pretty cool. I’m sure all black will come along at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nocalsocal
01-29-19, 21:38
Yeah my coworker is getting the 43x within the next week. I’m waiting for an all black version. Hopefully any issues that crop up with first year models are resolved by the time an all black version is released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seb5
01-31-19, 20:07
I'll get one but wait my turn for the blue label on this one. I'm pretty invested in 43's with holsters, mags, and accessories but will buy what for me will be a perfect everyday carry gun while at work or off duty. The 43 will become deeper CCW. The 19 and 45/19X will still be there if wanted or needed. As long as the weapon is holstered I don't care about the slide color. Kind of like a wrench. If it was available in black that's my preference.

VIP3R 237
01-31-19, 21:11
This exactly. I'm close to buying an 19 MOS and putting a G45 slide on it, but then I'd have a G45 with an 19MOS slide on it that I didn't want.

I did that with my 19x and a gen 5 mos slide

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1927/44293594234_f43cc0946a_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2au5fpd)

theblaze
02-01-19, 06:02
I don't so much mind the color as much as I don't like the forward slide serrations.

I'd be more likely to buy one if they were available without those damn things.

mbinky
02-01-19, 06:23
They just bought 3 new PVD machines so expect to see more silver finish releases...he noted that black and silver are the glock logo colors after all.

Well Glock, PVD does come in black also....and I'll wait. I concur with the forward slide serrations also I would like to see them gone.

halfmoonclip
02-01-19, 11:40
As regards the slide serrations, I've noticed that the slide on a P365 has more aggressive grooves, and is far easier to grasp under normal conditions, let alone clearing a stoppage.
I wish Glock would make their grooves easier to hold.
Moon

Roadblock
02-01-19, 11:49
Just like GLOCK said there would be no black GLOCK 19X and now we have the GLOCK 45 because everyone wanted that basic profile in black.

Give it time, Glock will make some small change, make it Black and call it a GLOCK 48X and 49! :P

Skipping the silver slide, don;t like them and my normal GLOCK 43 works just find with Tarin Tactical extentions. That or maybe I pick up a frame from Gunbroker.

Mr. Greene
02-02-19, 14:33
I kind of like the 2 tone on the pistols. Had my shield slide coated in Robar NP3 to break up all the black guns I own. Now I’m trying to decide which one to get first 48 or 43x

sgtrock82
02-19-19, 17:32
Im waiting for a black 48. It shouldnt matter but to me it looks too much like many a cheap ass carry guns from 10+ years ago. I even visually skipped over the one at the LGS when checking the cabinets dismissing it as a Taurus of some sort, until directed back to it by the salesman later.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

momano
02-20-19, 17:03
Our LGS is gearing up for a sale: cerakote 43X slide for $43 and the 48 slide for $48.

RAM Engineer
02-21-19, 06:02
I fail to see why if the DLC coating of Gen5 guns isn’t perfectly functional, it is not used on the slimline series as well.

Further, is there a BLACK nPVD coating with similar attributes to the silver process they’ve chosen?

Finally, is there a secondary finish that could be applied over the chosen nPVD that could leave it unaffected but blacken it?

Walker_Texasranger
02-21-19, 09:41
My dealer has a black Glock 48..... they cerakoted it.

RAM Engineer
02-21-19, 11:08
My dealer has a black Glock 48..... they cerakoted it.

Did they apply the cerakote directly over the nPVD finish?

Walker_Texasranger
02-21-19, 11:38
Did they apply the cerakote directly over the nPVD finish?

Good question. I’m not sure. I’ll ask next time I’m in. Which may be in a couple hours. Itching to buy something ha.

RWH24
02-21-19, 13:56
Good question. I’m not sure. I’ll ask next time I’m in. Which may be in a couple hours. Itching to buy something ha.

Cerakote Nation in Macon Ga, A Veteran owned business, bead blasts the item removing all of the previous coating. Then tank dunked to remove any oils. Several processes before application of Cerakote.

https://cerakotenation.com/

6:21 video on how they do it.

https://youtu.be/ZNphJqATiSI

Firefly
02-21-19, 14:07
I dunno the Pimp daddy is growing on me.

My 639 has a new rival in the G48

halfmoonclip
02-21-19, 23:11
We're losing sleep over the slimlines being too pretty? Well, okay.:D
Moon

elnino31
02-22-19, 16:38
Im waiting for a black 48. It shouldnt matter but to me it looks too much like many a cheap ass carry guns from 10+ years ago. I even visually skipped over the one at the LGS when checking the cabinets dismissing it as a Taurus of some sort, until directed back to it by the salesman later.

That’s pretty much spot on.
I don’t mind painted 2 tone in some cases, looks great on a 1911. But the 43x with shiny upper just looks cheap.

sgtrock82
02-23-19, 13:30
We're losing sleep over the slimlines being too pretty? Well, okay.:D
MoonNegative. Actually Im sleeping like a baby with my 600 odd bucks still in my pocket.

There is room in the gun world for pretty pistols. What Glock is doing is catering to the pretty pistol crowd over their typical customer base. I thought glock learned a quick lesson by not offering the 19x in black instead of overall FDE, but instead of simply offering a black 19x the went full on sig and assigned a specific model number for a color change.

Is anyone ever really impressed because a manufacturer put out X number of new model pistols for 2019?..... are guns now like womens fashion and we have to wait for the next seasons releases? WTF.... sooo much gheyness in gun culture nowadays

And dont put this back on me for not liking "shiney" guns you flippin monkeys! ;)

ST911
02-23-19, 13:42
I thought glock learned a quick lesson by not offering the 19x in black instead of overall FDE, but instead of simply offering a black 19x the went full on sig and assigned a specific model number for a color change.

There are several more differences between 19X and G45 than color.

scottryan
02-23-19, 16:01
Launch new product with bitone color = failure.

If all black and bitone were released at the same time, all black would outsell bitone 10/1

This bitone color is some director’s bullshit marketing project at Glock to justify the selling of silver guns.

jpmuscle
02-23-19, 16:20
Launch new product with bitone color = failure.

If all black and bitone were released at the same time, all black would outsell bitone 10/1

This bitone color is some director’s bullshit marketing project at Glock to justify the selling of silver guns.

Say what? Glock will sell all of them. And then sell all of them again when they come out all black.

It’s called marketing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notorious_ar15
02-23-19, 19:31
I was ready to buy one 1st day, but I don't want the silver slide (ala Kahr), S.O. also says she does not like the silver slide - we were both waiting to purchase (43X and 48), but will hold off now...

cb805
02-24-19, 11:35
I would just cerakote one if you really want a black slide. Also does anyone know how a pvd slide might effect the cerakote durability?

halfmoonclip
02-24-19, 12:34
I would just cerakote one if you really want a black slide. Also does anyone know how a pvd slide might effect the cerakote durability?

Now there is a question. Hardchrome (assuming that is the factory finish) is very smooth and hasn't much 'tooth' to grip things.
Moon

scottryan
02-24-19, 15:15
Say what? Glock will sell all of them. And then sell all of them again when they come out all black.

It’s called marketing

Yes they will sell all of them. Because black is not an option right now.

If black was released alongside bitone, bitone wouldn’t sell as well as black.

halfmoonclip
02-24-19, 17:02
Yes they will sell all of them. Because black is not an option right now.

If black was released alongside bitone, bitone wouldn’t sell as well as black.

That, and giving folks too many choices isn't always a good move, marketing wise. Yinz guys are right about it being marketing.
Moon

sgtrock82
02-26-19, 11:09
There are several more differences between 19X and G45 than color.Oh snap! I forgot slide serations and deletion of the 19x's mag relief cut..... what outrageous oversights on my part lol

Im aware they are but my own opinions and glock can do as glock likes but in the past such trivial differences have defined various generations of glocks, not entire new models. Was the term 19z already taken or something?

Todd.K
06-03-19, 23:02
Cerakote black slide for those of you who are trying to color coordinate your accessories.

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-48-black-fxd-5-5lb-le.html

drtywk
07-09-19, 16:31
UPDATE! Glock is bringing black guns to market: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/07/09/g43x-black-slide/?fbclid=IwAR0HkHkjBqv_MMnG-0_rd6knKL7A8iN2gJHRVNXPcuFTweBMA41EAms68n8

dmaxfireman
07-09-19, 20:19
Of-friggin-course they are.... Right after I sent my slide out for black nitride.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-09-19, 22:06
I would make fun of you guys for making such a big deal about the color of a slide but I just paid $50 extra to buy a used usp with a black slide over a stainless slide.

MountainRaven
07-09-19, 22:24
I would make fun of you guys for making such a big deal about the color of a slide but I just paid $50 extra to buy a used usp with a black slide over a stainless slide.

I'd rather have a USP with a stainless slide. If it's $50 less, that's just a bonus.

Because I don't like two-tone guns. Except USPs.

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-09-19, 22:59
I almost bought it and had it painted!

grizzlyblake
07-10-19, 06:20
I understand all the ribbing going on about guys getting excited about the color change.

I've only shot Glocks for my whole adult life and have actually never fired any stainless slide gun.

Is there any kind of sun reflection that gets amplified off the top of the slide with a stainless gun versus standard Glock black when shooting outdoors? That's about the only functional advantage I can see to black versus stainless.

scottryan
07-10-19, 09:41
In 6 - 12 months, all the silver slide models lingering in dealer inventory will be on sale for rock bottom prices.

Gunbroker will be awash in barely used silver side models as people dump them for black.

Production of the silver slide was retarded.

I am also not happy with the fact the barrel on a G48 is longer than that of a G19 by about .25"

They did this so they can sell the G48 in Canada.

MountainRaven
07-10-19, 23:34
I understand all the ribbing going on about guys getting excited about the color change.

I've only shot Glocks for my whole adult life and have actually never fired any stainless slide gun.

Is there any kind of sun reflection that gets amplified off the top of the slide with a stainless gun versus standard Glock black when shooting outdoors? That's about the only functional advantage I can see to black versus stainless.

Having owned bare stainless steel guns, melonited/nitrided/tennifer'ed/DLC'd guns, blued guns, brown Cerakoted guns, grey Cerakoted guns...

There is literally no benefit to a black finished slide versus a, "silver," finished slide. It's purely aesthetic.

In 6 - 12 months, all the silver slide models lingering in dealer inventory will be on sale for rock bottom prices.

Gunbroker will be awash in barely used silver side models as people dump them for black.

I am also not happy with the fact the barrel on a G48 is longer than that of a G19 by about .25"

Damn those Canadians and damn Glock for wanting to sell guns to them!

jpmuscle
07-11-19, 00:32

Laughs in Glocks sale profits on both accounts

grizzlyblake
07-11-19, 03:27
It's the same reason they staggered the G43 release behind the 42 although they were ready at the same time. Glock knows what they are doing to extract the most sales.

El Vaquero
07-12-19, 15:32
I'd rather have a USP with a stainless slide. If it's $50 less, that's just a bonus.

Because I don't like two-tone guns. Except USPs.

Agree. There’s something different about stainless USPs. I have two and they’re the only two tone pistols I own. I will be picking up a 43x now that it comes in black. The Glock two tone version is just blah.

clb
07-15-19, 09:41
Ask and you shall receive. Check Glock's Facebook page.

tacticaldesire
07-15-19, 15:32
They did it

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/glocks-newest-slimline-models-get-a-makeover/#axzz5tmRbDr62

sgtrock82
07-16-19, 17:42
Told ya Glock, two tones are for taurus's!

JHC
07-22-19, 08:46
Black 43X muzzle next to a silver slide 43X muzzle.

grizzlyblake
07-22-19, 09:20
The G48 Black has the Glock Marksman Barrel while the Silver 48 does not.

RWH24
07-22-19, 11:56

Those are both 43x's

My 48 Silver has the Marksman crowned barrel

Sry0fcr
07-22-19, 12:27
Ask and you shall receive. Check Glock's Facebook page.

Great, now make me a 7 or 8 round G43 with a shortened staggered magazine. Dicks.

MountainRaven
07-22-19, 12:34
Those are both 43x's

My 48 Silver has the Marksman crowned barrel

Mine did, too.

grizzlyblake
07-22-19, 12:50
My mistake. I read on some other site that the silver ones did not have the GMB, and the photos showed a difference in the crown.

I bought a black 48 with the Ameriglo Bold sights today and should get some range time with it tomorrow. This will be my lightweight carry in lieu of the normal G19. I ordered a JM Kydex AIWB to try out.

To me the black ones look more normal and nicer in my opinion. I probably wouldn't lose money to swap a silver one for a black one, but I didn't yet own a slimline so I went with black.

My LGS has them for $449 plastic sights, $499 GNS, $549 Ameriglo Bold.

RWH24
07-22-19, 19:54
My mistake. I read on some other site that the silver ones did not have the GMB, and the photos showed a difference in the crown.

I bought a black 48 with the Ameriglo Bold sights today and should get some range time with it tomorrow. This will be my lightweight carry in lieu of the normal G19. I ordered a JM Kydex AIWB to try out.

To me the black ones look more normal and nicer in my opinion. I probably wouldn't lose money to swap a silver one for a black one, but I didn't yet own a slimline so I went with black.

My LGS has them for $449 plastic sights, $499 GNS, $549 Ameriglo Bold.

The Ameriglo BOLD sights on the G48, How wide is the front sight? .140 or .125 like the Agents are?

ST911
07-22-19, 20:32

Difference in crown only, balance of the 43X barrel is GMB.

grizzlyblake
07-23-19, 14:35

FlyingHunter
07-24-19, 18:43
Soon to be available with a rail system?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/07/22/g43x-rail-g48-rail/

HighDesert
07-27-19, 12:10
Soon to be available with a rail system?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/07/22/g43x-rail-g48-rail/I had heard that was a European release only for now.

Business_Casual
07-27-19, 19:23
https://i.imgur.com/8yrRBLk.jpg

Is there enough difference for it to matter? My 19 is fine under a polo, even a “modern” fit polo.

artoter
07-27-19, 20:12
I've seen some of the black slides around, but I prefer the silver slide on my G43X. If I get the G48, I will be getting the silver slide on it as well...just like something different.

grizzlyblake
07-27-19, 20:13
I've been carrying that 19 appendix since 2015. I only print in certain t shirts and dry fit polos, but even then it's not really noticable. I bought the 48 as a lightweight option mostly, not do much for the printing. I am waiting on a JM Kydex AIWB but so far just messing around the weight and thickness is very noticable. I'll update once the holster arrives and I get more trigger time on it. The 48 feels "just right" in my hands, actually better than the 19 which had always been my perfect pistol.

mark5pt56
07-28-19, 05:50
I've been carrying that 19 appendix since 2015. I only print in certain t shirts and dry fit polos, but even then it's not really noticable. I bought the 48 as a lightweight option mostly, not do much for the printing. I am waiting on a JM Kydex AIWB but so far just messing around the weight and thickness is very noticable. I'll update once the holster arrives and I get more trigger time on it. The 48 feels "just right" in my hands, actually better than the 19 which had always been my perfect pistol.

Did you gt the metal clips with yours?

grizzlyblake
07-28-19, 07:49
Yeah I got the regular AIWB with the steel clip. I like a more streamlined holster, not all the double clips and wings and stuff.

Chipper78
07-29-19, 12:31
Yeah I got the regular AIWB with the steel clip. I like a more streamlined holster, not all the double clips and wings and stuff.

Out of curiosity, do you not like the wings? For me personally I’ve found the wing to be necessary for concealing something with a grip that long while wearing clothes that don’t look like I’m dressed around a gun.

mark5pt56
07-30-19, 05:50

Ok, yeah I went with the claw and dual clips, very flat and rides well. A little tuff to remove, but, that's good. I did get the pad but removed it.

scottryan
07-30-19, 08:37
Laughs in Glocks sale profits on both accounts

For Glock its great.

For dealers and distributors who stocked two tone pistols, it will suck.

I'm not going to have my money tied up in this bullshit shell game.

jpmuscle
07-30-19, 08:52
For Glock its great.

For dealers and distributors who stocked two tone pistols, it will suck.

I'm not going to have my money tied up in this bullshit shell game.

Perhaps, but knowing Glock you know this is how the game is played right?

Pilgrim
07-30-19, 11:32
Man the new black slide models have ‘gritty’ actions, Lots of perceptible movement in the trigger mechanism also.

I looked at mostly the 43x models... Noticed they have the marksman style barrel.

Furbyballer
08-11-19, 07:04
All right guys, I just grabbed a 48. Which sights do I need to get poa/poi at 25yds without a hold with 147g hst?

glazer1972
08-11-19, 09:17
I’d prefer all black but if and when the close out the bitones $50 is $50.

MountainRaven
08-11-19, 13:04
All right guys, I just grabbed a 48. Which sights do I need to get poa/poi at 25yds without a hold with 147g hst?

The only person who can find that out for you is you.

So you can either buy whatever sights you want, see if they shoot to your point of aim and contact the manufacturer if they don't...

Or buy a set of Dawson's with their perfect impact guarantee and do the same thing (just your new front sight will be free).

I know that 10-8 used to sell an over-tall plastic front sight that was intended to be used to determine which height front sight you need (basically, you'd buy the plastic front sight, install it, shoot the pistol and then file the front sight until you got it to the proper height, and then measure that height and order the front sight that you needed - with 10-8 discounting it by the price of the plastic front sight).

And, of course, you could always just buy an over-tall steel blade front sight, file it to the proper height for your pistol (like described above with the 10-8 plastic placeholder front sight) and then refinish the sight once you've got it exactly where you want it.

ABNAK
08-14-19, 19:22
I would have preferred a black Tennifer slide (or whatever it is now) but bought mine some time ago with the silver-ish slide. Not going to run in and trade it off (for a loss no doubt) just to get a black one.