PDA

View Full Version : I want to start something!!!

cody0341
11-05-08, 18:03
Well after seeing how this election went I'm more worried then ever but instead of buying tons of guns and ammo. ( which I'm still going to do) I want to start TRYING to info the non-gun owner about there second amendment rights and just gun ownership in general. I'm looking for flyers, brochures or just any literature that I could use. If anyone has any I would really appciate it. Anyway I guess what I'm really trying to do is start a grassroots movement to TRY and info people on how one of there constituatonal amendments mostly likely will be taking away from them.

Honu
11-05-08, 18:59
I hear ya :)

I do think many know and dont want it stepped on the problem will be those that are steadfast in thinking wont budge it will be like them trying to convince you that you dont need them !!!

but how to do what you are thinking ? as I do think you have to try !!!!!!! so I am with ya there

BlueForce
11-05-08, 19:04
You know, I think you are on the right track with your thinking. One thing I see is that liberalism is a LIFESTYLE and conservatism is a set of talking points that come out at election time.

Liberals are liberals all year long. When they drive their Prius, they are a liberal. When they get coffee at Starbucks, they are a liberal. When they listen to NPR, they are a liberal. When they go shopping, they are a liberal.

Conservatism is a much less tangible thing anymore. Freedom doesn't get celebrated. Shooting ranges are typically not very family friendly places. (Some range officers I've seen must think they're supposed to be sorta like Parris Island... get RID of these guys, they run people off!) Conservatives don't have their own music, movies, restaurants, or automobile brands.

We just tend to use or do whatever works and get on with business. That doesn't sell well to half the country. Lots of people want to "feel" what they are involved in. That is what I think Reagan brought to the table. He made people proud of their history and happy to be a free American. He made being independent and hard working something to aspire to. We need a genuine culture to go along with our principals if we are going to attract people back from the other side.

And shooting should be fun. So much so that lots of people want to do it. Cowboy Action made shooting fun and became the fastest growing part of the firearms world.

FLGator
11-05-08, 19:07
Best thing to do is take a friend shooting.

cody0341
11-05-08, 19:20
but how to do what you are thinking ? as I do think you have to try !!!!!!! so I am with ya there

Well I know this might sound a little nutty but I'm thinking of going to the streets and handing them out. At this point if the liberal are all about change then I want to try and do it also, but the right way. I'm also thinking I would see if I could put them in some stores, I'm thinking hardware stores, sporting good stores that don't sell guns, anywhere that I can think of that would let me. I know this might make me the most hated man in my town but I will be damned if the NEW government is going to take away OUR second amenedment rights.

BlueForce
11-05-08, 19:25
Be careful about "casting your pearls before swine". You'll just waste your time and get abused in the process. Need to think in terms of Tom Sawyer -- it's FUN to be conservative. Get a group of people at work to go shooting and invite more and more people each week until it becomes an attraction. Find other things that draw a crowd.

A zillion tracts and pamplets have been handed out to people who didn't want them over the years. The effectiveness of handbills is not very great.

Think "community organizer"...

cody0341
11-05-08, 19:33
I have even thought about doing something like the whole Rob Paul thing. How you could go anywhere with out seeing those signs. Well maybe doing something like that but second amendment oriented and absolutely nothing illegally of course.

Honu
11-05-08, 19:51
Well I know this might sound a little nutty but I'm thinking of going to the streets and handing them out. At this point if the liberal are all about change then I want to try and do it also, but the right way. I'm also thinking I would see if I could put them in some stores, I'm thinking hardware stores, sporting good stores that don't sell guns, anywhere that I can think of that would let me. I know this might make me the most hated man in my town but I will be damned if the NEW government is going to take away OUR second amenedment rights.

my only thought is people dont like being handed anything ! so it might come off as pushy or ???

might be better to have a invite day at a range !
a nice range and have something like bolt action 22s only their to shoot paper
a few on the edge might show up and find out its kinda fun and not so bad
advertising for it by trying to get a news crew to pick up on it or the newspapers
I would say until you get a following ? no black rifles no things that have kick etc... you will get a few showing up to try to have something bad happen or protesting etc.. so having a paid off duty there etc....
controlled place on private range so you can control the loones ;)

the idea of putting info in hardware stores might work where its free for someone to take if they choose to

maybe even posting info on public boards ?

HAMMERDROP
11-05-08, 20:04
Be careful about "casting your pearls before swine". You'll just waste your time and get abused in the process. Need to think in terms of Tom Sawyer -- it's FUN to be conservative. Get a group of people at work to go shooting and invite more and more people each week until it becomes an attraction. Find other things that draw a crowd.

A zillion tracts and pamplets have been handed out to people who didn't want them over the years. The effectiveness of handbills is not very great.

Think "community organizer"...

I have got several people into shooting working for a bank. I was able to sell every gun I ever wanted to sell to somebody there. But to some people it was the 'Devils Actvity' and they did not want to hear about it those are the loons we have to avoid ... to be preserved I think it has to be handed back down from a grass roots level to preserve it for what it truly can be not some moron waving his 'Glock' on youtube Dads taking there kids and friends...and showing them responsible gun handling and range conduct. Flyers may attracked the wrong people but GOOD IDEA !

Michael