PDA

View Full Version : Aero ATLAS mounting solution vs BCM's

gregshin
01-30-19, 16:24
I've heard and read that the BCM cross bolt mounting system is one of the most secure solutions as well as Geisselle for handguards.

How's Aero's ATLAS locking system compared to BCM's?

GH41
01-30-19, 17:36
I've heard and read that the BCM cross bolt mounting system is one of the most secure solutions as well as Geisselle for handguards.

How's Aero's ATLAS locking system compared to BCM's?

Don't know but i looked at the instructions and it made my head hurt.

308sako
01-30-19, 17:47
I have both the BCM KMR (2) and the Atlas (1) It would take a laboratory and engineers to "prove" to me that one is superior to the other. In both cases the reason(s) that I chose to employ these handguards was their slim profiles which is my preference for "feel." As always YMMV.

Edited to add: Regarding the assembly of the Atlas, it's so straight forward that reading the instructions slows down a man :-) The BCM's just a little tricky getting the through bolts perfectly aligned.

GH41
01-31-19, 07:07
I have both the BCM KMR (2) and the Atlas (1) It would take a laboratory and engineers to "prove" to me that one is superior to the other. In both cases the reason(s) that I chose to employ these handguards was their slim profiles which is my preference for "feel." As always YMMV.

Edited to add: Regarding the assembly of the Atlas, it's so straight forward that reading the instructions slows down a man :-) The BCM's just a little tricky getting the through bolts perfectly aligned.

Found a couple of videos. You are correct... It looks like a monkey could do it. BCM's claim to fame is clamping the rail over the barrel eliminating the chance of spreading the extrusion. I don't see what Aero does differently than every other manufacturer that clamps the rail under the barrel other than use an odd fastener. It does look nice.

FightinQ
01-31-19, 07:44
I've been eyeing both as I have been interested in the mlok versions between both. Aero has the appeal of being cheaper while the BCM has the appeal of being lighter and to be clear on my approach to this I like lighter and the tiny bit of extra cost for the BCM isn't a deal breaker for me.

Tagging for more information.

308sako
02-01-19, 00:00
I've been eyeing both as I have been interested in the mlok versions between both. Aero has the appeal of being cheaper while the BCM has the appeal of being lighter and to be clear on my approach to this I like lighter and the tiny bit of extra cost for the BCM isn't a deal breaker for me.

Tagging for more information.

It is about feel, what your hand mind connection makes. Like the ladies I like thin, so my handguards... YMMV

drtywk
02-01-19, 17:12
I have rifles with both rails and I like them both, as they each have really solid lockup on the barrel nut. I am also a huge fan of the Wedgelock and Pinchlock systems on Hodge rails and find them both to be superior to the BCM and Aero systems. The Wedgelock and Pinchlock attachments provide more surface area contact between the wedge and the barrel nut and there is a significant increase in rigidity over the others.