PDA

View Full Version : Mixing bolts and carriers?

Parson
01-30-19, 20:16
I purchased an LMT semi auto bolt carrier to use in a Colt lower with the sear block. I purchased only the carrier and was planning on using the bolt and firing pin from a semi auto Colt carrier I have (less than 100 rounds on it). I decided to purchase the LMT carrier instead of using the Colt carrier because the Colt doesnt have a shrouded firing pin. Will I run into any problems doing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

vicious_cb
01-30-19, 20:28
I purchased an LMT semi auto bolt carrier to use in a Colt lower with the sear block. I purchased only the carrier and was planning on using the bolt and firing pin from a semi auto Colt carrier I have (less than 100 rounds on it). I decided to purchase the LMT carrier instead of using the Colt carrier because the Colt doesnt have a shrouded firing pin. Will I run into any problems doing this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

No, any bolt can go into any carrier, new or used without issues. The problem is mixing used bolts with a different barrel particularly the barrel extension.