PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Retailer Arrested for Selling Counterfeit Leupold Scopes

Nightvisionary
02-02-19, 13:49
Hang em high if guilty.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/01/oregon-outdoor-gear-retailer-accused-of-selling-counterfeit-leupold-rifle-scopes.html

ralph
02-02-19, 14:00
I agree, if you're a dirtbag who goes around selling fake shit, and ripping people off in the process, you deserve everything you get..

SteyrAUG
02-02-19, 14:52
Better arrest ebay.

NWPilgrim
02-02-19, 17:07
He is located in Oregon, home to Leupold, and imports fakes?! And sells them online (total public exposure). Business brilliance!

Every major brand has staff dedicated to monitoring online sales of counterfeits. And attorneys to protect their brand.

He may want to relocate to Bulgaria and try selling face to face in an abandoned warehouse next time.

AndyLate
02-03-19, 09:23
He made less than $4000 selling counterfeit scoped, yet the Feds are prosecuting him. The judge ordered him not to posses or sell firearms until his trial.

Either he is just the poor bastard they decided to make an example of or he was targeted as a firearms dealer. I'm going to guess he is not the most prevalent seller of fake Leupold scopes.

I have so sympathy for him, I am just suspicious of the motive behind his prosecution.

GH41
02-03-19, 16:34
He made less than $4000 selling counterfeit scoped, yet the Feds are prosecuting him. The judge ordered him not to posses or sell firearms until his trial.

Either he is just the poor bastard they decided to make an example of or he was targeted as a firearms dealer. I'm going to guess he is not the most prevalent seller of fake Leupold scopes.

I have so sympathy for him, I am just suspicious of the motive behind his prosecution.

He is innocent until proven guilty in my world. The volume of sales he is accused of doing suggest he wasn't an importer unless buying from ebay makes him one. If I were his attorney I would ask the prosecutor to prove the defendant's ability to identify the scopes as counterfeits. Buying cheap doesn't prove it is a fake. Sounds to me like he picked the wrong person to sell to. If he knew he was selling fakes the smartest thing he could have done is refund the buyer's money. He would be stupid not to. Off subject but recent news... Seinfeld sold a rare 356 Porsche at auction to a collector in England for a million and a half. The buyer discovered it was fake and filed a suit that included damages. Seinfeld offered to buy it back and ask the buyer to please tell him how it was discovered to be a counterfeit. He had owned it for years. The new owner isn't interested in being made whole and is moving forward with the suit. My question is... How can a court stop him from selling or possessing firearms for being accused of something? What happened to being innocent until being proven guilty??