PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Glock 48?

ABNAK
02-02-19, 19:30
I have a couple 19's and really like them, but they can be a little on the bulky side for CCW. I saw where the G48 had been released and read up on it. I also have a G43 and this seemed like a hybrid, best of both worlds.

Today I went to a local gun shop and they had one in stock. I hadn't handled one before so this was the first time. It felt good in the hand, like a G19 on a diet. I said "Oh, what the hell" and bought it. It was almost dark when I got home so I loaded up a mag with HST 147gr +P (my 9mm carry ammo of choice), stepped out near the woods, and popped it off. Felt good, no more recoil (it seemed) than my G19's, and fed/fired just fine. Will put some more through it tomorrow.

One might say "Why?" Well, that was my original line of thinking. You lose 5 rounds of capacity and is it worth the tradeoff? For starters, I probably needed it like another hole in the head, but we all know how that goes when it comes to guns! It does feel good in the hand as I mentioned above, so ergonomics is good-to-go. The relative "flatness" will no doubt be a plus when it comes to IWB carry, which is how I do it unless it's a true pocket pistol (like a Ruger LCP .380). The loss of 5 rounds doesn't bother me too much.....you still have 10. The real benefit (to me) is the fact that you have a quite concealable handgun with a 4" barrel so you get the full ballistic performance from your carry ammo in a really slim package.

Anyone else have one, and if so what do you think?

_Stormin_
02-02-19, 19:42
I am anxious to hear positive reviews. I may have six or seven G19s, but this could find a home in my safe and on my belt some days.

arptsprt
02-02-19, 20:00
I was on the fence with the 43x or 48 last week. I went with the 43x.

I really liked the 48 and you’re right about the ballistics advantage with the longer barrel on the 48 vs the 43x. That was a big consideration when trying to decide.

End of the day I went with the 43x because I’m starting to appendix carry and the shorter 43x makes a big difference to me.

I put about 100 rounds through the 43x yesterday and was blown away at the difference between it and my standard 43. Night and day. It’s early but I think I’m really going to like it.

I think you will really like the attributes of the 48. More than likely I’ll end up with a 48 at some point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
02-03-19, 09:42
If I were a nubile young girl living alone; it makes perfect sense. But for me...I have a G19.

Wake27
02-03-19, 09:57
I want one for my wife. I think she'd enjoy shooting the 48 more than the 43X. Neither of us like the color of the slide finish though, and I have no idea why they couldn't have made the frame a little longer and incorporated some type of rail for a micro light. I'm sure there will be some trigger guard mount light at some point, but it seems like that would've worked.

Todd.K
02-03-19, 10:52
I want one for my wife.

Waiting for the mag design to be trouble free in the wild for a bit, then I want to try one out for my wife.

Not worried about the barrel length with current loads, just recoil difference between the 43x and 48.

Wake27
02-03-19, 12:37
Waiting for the mag design to be trouble free in the wild for a bit, then I want to try one out for my wife.

Not worried about the barrel length with current loads, just recoil difference between the 43x and 48.

Has mag trouble been reported? Or are you just playing it safe?

ABNAK
02-03-19, 14:30
If I were a nubile young girl living alone; it makes perfect sense. But for me...I have a G19.

Like I said, I have a couple 19's. One I've had since 2002. Awesome guns. Just thought this was an intriguing alternative.

Put 50-some rounds through it today, a mix of IMI 124gr FMJ, HST +P 147gr, and HST +P 124gr. Made sure to use both mags. No issues at all. Actually a pretty smooth shooter. Wife took a liking to it (damn!). That happened with a Postal Meter M1 Carbine and it's hers now. Tried to dissuade her about this Glock! :nono:

MountainRaven
02-03-19, 15:01
I really like the G48 and G43X I handled at the LGS this past week. Took an awful lot of willpower to walk away without the G48.

But I agree that a light rail on the G48 would have been money. As it is, I don't really need another easily-concealable 10-round magazine 9mm pistol without a light rail on it - I already have a 9mm 1911.

NWPilgrim
02-03-19, 15:26
For those that have the G48, is it noticeably slimmer in an IWB holster than the G19? Did Glock streamline the slide at all? Is the grip circumference in between a G43 and G19, or closer to the G43/Shield?

sndt1319
02-03-19, 17:04
I held these at the store the other day and was very impressed. The Blue Label price was very attractive. I can see why they have been getting such good reviews. The biggest thing for me was the Ameriglo sites that we on them. I’ve never seen the big orange dot H3’s before and it definitely draws the eye.

Todd.K
02-03-19, 17:41
No problems I have heard of yet, just not an early adopter type myself.

MStarmer
02-03-19, 17:49
I held these at the store the other day and was very impressed. The Blue Label price was very attractive. I can see why they have been getting such good reviews. The biggest thing for me was the Ameriglo sites that we on them. I’ve never seen the big orange dot H3’s before and it definitely draws the eye.

What was your blue label pricing? Blue label 43X's and 48's are scarce around me at the moment. Did see a 43X advertised for $390...

ABNAK
02-03-19, 17:53
For those that have the G48, is it noticeably slimmer in an IWB holster than the G19? Did Glock streamline the slide at all? Is the grip circumference in between a G43 and G19, or closer to the G43/Shield?

Without actually measuring the grip it should be the exact same circumference as the Glock 43, just that it's taller. That's one of the things I like about it. Haven't actually put it in an IWB holster in the pants yet but it should feel like a taller, longer Glock 43. Or looking at it another way, a Glock 19 on a diet! Think about it: on a diet you don't get shorter, just thinner.

Another interesting thing to note (from an article I read) is that it was made to also be sold in Canada, where a handgun barrel cannot be below 105mm in length. The Glock 48 is 106mm, which is 4.18" A Glock 19 barrel is 4.02". So the Glock 48 barrel is 0.16" longer than a Glock 19. Certainly not an Earth-shattering revelation but interesting to know.

ABNAK
02-03-19, 17:55
What was your blue label pricing? Blue label 43X's and 48's are scarce around me at the moment. Did see a 43X advertised for $390...

The Blue Label price I was quoted was $380. I do not meet the Blue Label criteria but was curious in case my buddy (a retired SF SgtMaj) wanted one.

sndt1319
02-03-19, 19:10
I was quoted the same.

YVK
02-03-19, 23:37

Grip circumference subjectively feels closer to 43 than 19. According to Glock specs off of website, G43 and G48 only one mm apart but some folks measured their 48s thicker than on spec sheet and more closer to in-between size width-wise. Obviously, 48 mags are wider than those for 43 and don't fit into the 43 so the 48 has to be wider. My IWB is AIWB and 48 is notably slimmer than 19, not just because of grip but because of slide which does contribute to concealment in appendix position. However, because of slide length and how far laterally it extends, for my body and my definition of concealment the 48 is in line with the 19 effor-wise while the 43 is step above in the NPE/discretion department.

Street Survival
02-04-19, 04:36
I have a blue label, Glock 48 and much prefer it over the Shield. It has a super thin profile and is unnoticeable in an appendix holster. Only problem is there are no additional mags available at this time. I would give it a 5 star rating.

mark5pt56
02-04-19, 06:12
True Blue Label should be 358 non night sight and 411 Glock night sights. What happens with some "Blue Label" dealers is they are not the true distributer. They are approved for the Blue Label and have to obtain via the distributer. Around here my best option is to order through Atlantic Tactical and transfer to ffl or get through local "BL" and end up paying 10 more out the door. I actually have a third, drive 3 hours round trip and buy from Town Police in Richmond and "save" 25 or so-less gas and hassle unless my wife drives me and I hit the brew pubs on the way back(gun locked up of course)

I miss the days when you could get it right off the UPS truck, dang

mark5pt56
02-04-19, 08:36
I'll measure again later, the 43x/48 mag is .780 +/- .005 and the 17/19/26 .9 +/- .005 wide, depth(front-back) is the same. Will measure a 43 mag and tape the circumference on 43 48.

sundance435
02-04-19, 09:09
True Blue Label should be 358 non night sight and 411 Glock night sights. What happens with some "Blue Label" dealers is they are not the true distributer. They are approved for the Blue Label and have to obtain via the distributer.

I was going to say, $380-390 sounds high. I've seen the blue label from big LE sources for $368. Not sure on availability, though.

I bought an in-stock 48, regular sights, for $448 OTD, which seemed like a good price. Haven't picked it up yet, but I hope to put some rounds through it this weekend. I didn't really need it, but if it makes me more likely to carry it than not carrying my 19X, that's a win.

Will the 48/43X mags fit in a 43?

mark5pt56
02-04-19, 10:49
The mags are not interchangeable. What one can do though is change frames or slides around though using the appropriate magazine. Son and I just got back shooting the 43, 48 and the 365. Shoots the 43/365 about the same but likes the 48 much more for shoot ability. I have a nice holster on the way for the 48, need to get a mag pouch also. For info, at 275 round count on the 48, no issues, zero malfunctions and have shot 115 Speer ball and 124+p Gold Dots.

I was at 421/22 out on mine as it was easier to go in with cash and not pad the account and order. Looking at the Ameriglo sights.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/Q-AIWBWC2-G43L.html

https://ameriglo.com/products/glock-hackathorn-sets

Just some quick dimensions using a tape(grip), may be off 1/32" either way. Measured trigger reach from the backstop to the trigger's center, trigger safety compressed on Glocks(caliper). Grip measured following the grip angle around just under the trigger guard and at the bottom. The measurement at the bottom is increased with the "hump" but so close under the trigger guard.

P365
Reach-2.660
Grip under TG-4 5/8"
Grip at Maxwell-4 3/4"

G43 2.625
4 11/16"
5 1/8"

G48
4 15/16"
5 3/16"

26 Inf
02-04-19, 11:44
unless my wife drives me and I hit the brew pubs on the way back(gun locked up of course)

Don't lose her! :)

mark5pt56
02-04-19, 13:03
Don't lose her! :)

Yeah, she's a keeper!

BuzzinSATX
02-04-19, 13:34
Blue Label with plastic sights is $358. OTD w/taxes is $388 in TX (8.25%)

I hope it sells well. I looks like a cool gun. Just other higher priorities for me at this time.

1911-A1
02-04-19, 14:46
I like the G43 because it's tiny and slim for situations where my G17/19 won't fit my attire. A 43X doesn't appeal to me because I can just get mag extensions for my 43. A 48? I don't see the use in MY personal lifestyle for it, but I'm sure it will fit someone's.

Firefly
02-04-19, 15:38
So I shot a 48...

It really is a Glock SW Model 39.

I actually like it more than a G19 for CCW. No interest in the 43x whatsoever on my end.

Really G34 is my bae but really my G19 may get relegated to a hunting gun now.

It’s so pointy. Point click point click. Maybe we won’t see a .45 Glock 1911. But this is like a 9mm Glock 1911 in terms of grippiness and pointiness.

I have a hand longer than most of your black tall NBA stars save for maaaaybe Shaq and I thought it would hold me back but NO! It makes it better.

Like I am not on acid or K holing but like... I appreciate this more as a man than I would if I were a girl. Although if I were a girl I would be happier because all I’d need is this, a Retro CAR-15, and maybe a 1911 in 9mm. Then I could just live my life free from my pile of shame.

I dunno... I’d be replacing Knights Armament with Louis Vuitton. I would be soooo unapproachable.

The tallest I’d be is 5’9” so I can still be somewhat imposing and beat a man’s ass but still be able to be sorta diminutive only for the most superior of mates.

I never thought that 30 minutes with a single stack 9mm Glock would give me all this liberty to just open up but yes...I approve of these pistols

ABNAK
02-04-19, 19:07
So I shot a 48...

I actually like it more than a G19 for CCW. No interest in the 43x whatsoever on my end.

It’s so pointy. Point click point click. Maybe we won’t see a .45 Glock 1911. But this is like a 9mm Glock 1911 in terms of grippiness and pointiness.

I have a hand longer than most of your black tall NBA stars save for maaaaybe Shaq and I thought it would hold me back but NO! It makes it better.

Like I am not on acid or K holing but like... I appreciate this more as a man than I would if I were a girl. Although if I were a girl I would be happier because all I’d need is this, a Retro CAR-15, and maybe a 1911 in 9mm. Then I could just live my life free from my pile of shame.

I dunno... I’d be replacing Knights Armament with Louis Vuitton. I would be soooo unapproachable.

The tallest I’d be is 5’9” so I can still be somewhat imposing and beat a man’s ass but still be able to be sorta diminutive only for the most superior of mates.

I never thought that 30 minutes with a single stack 9mm Glock would give me all this liberty to just open up but yes...I approve of these pistols

LOL!!!

Glock 19 for a true SHTF scenario. It's what I'd snatch along with my "grab-and-go" AR. No doubt about it. Wouldn't even have to mull it over.

But for CCW in "civilized" times? The Glock 48 struck a chord with me. Just sayin'......

arptsprt
02-04-19, 19:28
Not trying to convince you one way or the other on the 43x because you’re entitled to your preferences, but I also have a 43 that I’ve shot a lot. Comparing the two, mag/grip extension on the 43 is not the same as the 43x grip. Night and day difference. Quite surprising actually.

I like the G43 because it's tiny and slim for situations where my G17/19 won't fit my attire. A 43X doesn't appeal to me because I can just get mag extensions for my 43. A 48? I don't see the use in MY personal lifestyle for it, but I'm sure it will fit someone's.

kerplode
02-04-19, 19:28
I have 0 interest in a 43x, and since I mostly don't bother with CCW anymore, the 48 is only just slightly interesting.

Dunno, though. Since the gettin' is still good, it might be worth looking into tossing one on the pile for the inevitable 10-round-limit future.

BuzzinSATX
02-04-19, 21:27
So I shot a 48...

Damn, Fly...did you just chill with it and share a cigarette after your range session, or did you kick it to the curb with a wink and tip of your hat. LOL! :no:

sndt1319
02-04-19, 21:38
The G48 as a 9mm 1911 is an apt comparison. I actually was looking at a Norinco 1911 at the same time as as the 48 and couldn’t help but feel like the profile was similar.

sundance435
02-05-19, 08:29
Dunno, though. Since the gettin' is still good, it might be worth looking into tossing one on the pile for the inevitable 10-round-limit future.

That was a secondary thought for me, as well, as long as I'm trapped in my hellhole state.

sndt1319
02-05-19, 09:04
I’ve thought about the whole 10 round thing but then my state decided that they are going to try and pass a 5 round limit with no grandfather. I think I’ll see how this all washes out before I buy anything else.

ABNAK
02-05-19, 18:39
That was a secondary thought for me, as well, as long as I'm trapped in my hellhole state.

I live in a "free" state (per se) so mag capacity isn't an issue. I just like the fact that you can get full-sized gun ballistics with a very carry-able platform. Yeah, a SIG P365 has 10 rounds and is more compact but it doesn't have a 4.18" barrel either.

That said, the P365 is absolutely next on my list! ;)

sundance435
02-06-19, 08:47
I’ve thought about the whole 10 round thing but then my state decided that they are going to try and pass a 5 round limit with no grandfather. I think I’ll see how this all washes out before I buy anything else.

Damn, and I thought my pre-lock 686+ was future proof.

RHINOWSO
02-06-19, 09:38
Damn, and I thought my pre-lock 686+ was future proof.

Maybe they'll allow subjects in OR to fill in a couple of cylinder holes with lead to get down to 5 rounds....

cb805
02-06-19, 15:34
I hear the 43x and 48 use the same frame and are wider than the 43? How much more narrow does it actually feel in the hand?

ABNAK
02-06-19, 18:14
I hear the 43x and 48 use the same frame and are wider than the 43? How much more narrow does it actually feel in the hand?

To me it feels like a full-sized 43 (obviously subjective).

sndt1319
02-06-19, 22:05
I’m not too worried. Even if it gets passed it will hit the courts fast. The law as written already doesn’t survive the Heller decision. The law bans entire categories of commonly used firearms. Not only is the magazine limited to 5 rounds but guns capable of accepting larger magazines are banned. It would also limit you to 20 rounds of ammo a month. I can’t think of a single other law that rations how much of anything you can buy. Supposedly the law was written by high school students and the state rep didnt make any changes because he wanted them to feel a part of the process. He also stated that he didn’t review what they wrote for constitutionality. The left is swinging for the fences but all they really are accomplishing is showing their true hand.

1986s4
02-07-19, 08:16
I got to handle a G48 in my LGS and I liked it. A 9mm 1911 Commander sized Glock 9mm is a good comparison. I don't own a Glock [yet] but this might be the one. I wish it was black/grey/dark in color.

Norseman
02-07-19, 11:02
The 48 has my interest, but hopefully the fleas (if there are any) shake out about the same time the silver finish is not the only option. That will be when Glock will have my full attention.

sundance435
02-07-19, 11:55
Not to be Capt. Obvious, but a caveat/reminder for anyone that has one, or will, and wants to change sights. They were a bitch to get off and (this should've been obvious to me) your standard Glock sight pusher (MGW) will not work without an adapter. Took me quite a while and creative angles to finally do it without the adapter. Front sight is screwed on, just like Gen 5s.

grizzlyblake
02-07-19, 12:14
I handled one at the LGS also and like FF said they feel great in the hand. I really want one but am waiting until my favorite holster maker (Zorn) gets the AIWB for the 48.

Sights. It's a 19 length slide so I'm guessing the 43 sights aren't going to be just right for elevation at 25yd. Is that right? Looks like waiting on actual sights from Ameriglo or whoever is wise.

Does an adapter for the 43 fit for the 48 to change the rear sight?

MountainRaven
02-07-19, 12:46
Not to be Capt. Obvious, but a caveat/reminder for anyone that has one, or will, and wants to change sights. They were a bitch to get off and (this should've been obvious to me) your standard Glock sight pusher (MGW) will not work without an adapter. Took me quite a while and creative angles to finally do it without the adapter. Front sight is screwed on, just like Gen 5s.

Kyle Defoor has a trick that allows one to use the standard MGW Glock sight pusher.

Instagram link: Here (https://www.instagram.com/p/BtJPUs6jrEw/?utm_source=ig_tumblr_share&igshid=1tcb5gq0q53dy).

seb5
02-07-19, 21:25
Kyle Defoor has a trick that allows one to use the standard MGW Glock sight pusher.

Instagram link: Here (https://www.instagram.com/p/BtJPUs6jrEw/?utm_source=ig_tumblr_share&igshid=1tcb5gq0q53dy).

For the 36.00 it cost for the adapter it was worth it to me. 9 sets replaced so far between my own and issued weapons that the deputies wanted replaced.

sundance435
02-08-19, 10:04

Ha! That's basically what I ended up doing, except I used the regular floor plate from the sight instead of a wrench.

n517rv
02-09-19, 08:45
I handled both the 43x and the 48 this week at my LGS. The 48 to me felt out of balance and nose heavy. The 43x felt very well balanced and the grip length felt perfect to me. Maybe the balance feels different with a loaded mag?

The real test will be shooting them both. I had a Glock 43 for a short period of time, but could never shoot it as well as a Shield, so I sold it. At the time I had the 43 they didn't have many grip extension options. The 43 grip is just too short, IMO.

I'm definitely planning on picking up a 43x with GSSA discount soon. I still have the 43 adapter for my MGW so the first thing I'll do is replace the sites with some Ameriglo Hackathorns or maybe KD4s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ABNAK
02-09-19, 08:47
I handled both the 43x and the 48 this week at my LGS. The 48 to me felt out of balance and nose heavy. The 43x felt very well balanced and the grip length felt perfect to me. Maybe the balance feels different with a loaded mag?

The real test will be shooting them both. I had a Glock 43 for a short period of time, but could never shoot it as well as a Shield, so I sold it. At the time I had the 43 they didn't have many grip extension options. The 43 grip is just too short, IMO.

I'm definitely planning on picking up a 43x with GSSA discount soon. I still have the 43 adapter for my MGW so the first thing I'll do is replace the sites with some Ameriglo Hackathorns or maybe KD4s.

Yes, it does.

sundance435
02-11-19, 15:08
I handled one at the LGS also and like FF said they feel great in the hand. I really want one but am waiting until my favorite holster maker (Zorn) gets the AIWB for the 48.

Sights. It's a 19 length slide so I'm guessing the 43 sights aren't going to be just right for elevation at 25yd. Is that right? Looks like waiting on actual sights from Ameriglo or whoever is wise.

Does an adapter for the 43 fit for the 48 to change the rear sight?

The Ameriglo 43 sights I put on my 48 were POA for elevation at 10 yards. Didn't go any farther because POI was left - adjusted them over weekend and will try again.

sundance435
02-12-19, 15:39
For you guys that have them and are carrying, what holster are you using? I haven't carried IWB in years and the selection is kind of daunting. I'm leaning towards a Crossbreed "Reckoning".

seb5
02-12-19, 18:14
My go to for several years for Glocks is onyour6designs, both IWB and OWB, light or no.

mark5pt56
02-13-19, 06:03
I just got this in, very effective with concealment and comfort. Putting it on and taking it off are in bit more involved though, I was spoiled with a simple metal clip type. Get the metal clips by the way, even advised by JM.

sundance435
02-13-19, 14:59
I just got this in, very effective with concealment and comfort. Putting it on and taking it off are in bit more involved though, I was spoiled with a simple metal clip type. Get the metal clips by the way, even advised by JM.

Thanks for the rec - I went with a regular IWB JM Custom holster w/ 10 degree cant.

Pi3
02-13-19, 16:01
it needs a light rail and a black slide.

halfmoonclip
02-14-19, 16:48
1319, if you don't mind me asking, where are you that a 5 round max is being proposed? The People's Republic of New York is down to 7, prolly because Kimber makes 1911s there.
I'm waiting for one of these Junior High geniuses to propose allowing us Brown Bess muskets, because they are opposed to general ownership of military arms.
Moon

RWH24
02-19-19, 12:00
1319, if you don't mind me asking, where are you that a 5 round max is being proposed? The People's Republic of New York is down to 7, prolly because Kimber makes 1911s there.
I'm waiting for one of these Junior High geniuses to propose allowing us Brown Bess muskets, because they are opposed to general ownership of military arms.
Moon

PNW, Wash or Oregon on 5rnd mags

halfmoonclip
02-19-19, 15:50
PNW, Wash or Oregon on 5rnd mags
Is this a real possibility, or just more lefty hogwash for when they're willing to settle for a lot less? Like 10 rounds?
Or is it time to stock up on J-frames?
Thanks,
Moon

ViniVidivici
02-19-19, 17:16
WA was proposing 10, revised in committee to 15.

Not one of us is gonna comply though.

For those of you who've shot both, how is the G43 different from the G43x?

sndt1319
02-19-19, 17:56
Half moon,

I’m in Oregon. They also want to limit ammo purchases to 20 rounds a month. Sorry I didn’t respond sooner but I’ve got a new baby at the house.

halfmoonclip
02-19-19, 20:14
Twenty rounds a month! Gad, that's not 1/5 of a halfway decent range run. Haven't these doofi figured out that twenty rounds will last a gang banger about forever, but a recreational shooter, about 3 minutes? So much for gun control to fight crime. But we knew that.
Moon

R.O.U.S.
02-20-19, 02:41
I picked up a G43x today, and shot 250 rounds. Really impressed with the entire thing except for the shape of the serrated trigger. It was painful to shoot after so many rounds, and even gave my self a blister.

The G43x feels like G19 slimline edition rather than a big G43. I'm not sure if I want to carry this or go for a true sub-compact pistol.

sundance435
02-20-19, 14:37
I have about 400 rounds through my 48 now. I'm not sure if it's me or the gun, but I can't group at all with it. I changed the factory sights out for Ameriglo agents right away and the first time at the range, I was shooting left - not really grouping, just stringing to the left. Drifted the sights a bit to the right and took it back. Same thing, though slightly less left. At this point, I'm thinking it has more to do with my trigger press vis a vis the shape of the frame. I've never noticed this with my 43 (shorter grip makes a difference?) and I took along a different gun to try and eliminate the sights as the culprit - I shot a really nice group in the 10-ring with the other gun at the same distance (FWIW, I forgot how much better I like the trigger on my VP9SK than most of my Glocks).

So, I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Yes, I could go another few hundred or thousand rounds and work on my trigger press, but it's not an issue with any of my other handguns. I'm thinking now of just trading it for a Glock 26 or Shield 2.0.

halfmoonclip
02-20-19, 15:40
sun', due respect, but shooting left is a typical Glock trigger thing...experiment with how much finger you put on the trigger, and make an issue of pulling straight back.
I use the distal joint.
And comparing trigger pull with a non-Glock and a Glock is a non-starter. The Glock trigger is what it is.
Moon

sundance435
02-20-19, 15:56
sun', due respect, but shooting left is a typical Glock trigger thing...experiment with how much finger you put on the trigger, and make an issue of pulling straight back.
I use the distal joint.
And comparing trigger pull with a non-Glock and a Glock is a non-starter. The Glock trigger is what it is.
Moon

Sure, I know what you're talking about, but it's never been an issue with the multitude of Glocks I've owned over the years, which leads me to believe it's a combination of the frame and my normal trigger press. This one, in particular, is not even really grouping to the left.

halfmoonclip
02-20-19, 19:30
Oops, sorry sun'! The other gun you mentioned wasn't a Glock, and I assumed your 48 was your only one. My bad.
A buddy shot a wonderful group at21' with a 42...4" left of the bull, first time he tried it.
Unless the gun simply is a bad shooter (has anyone else tried it?), the lack of a consistent group is a bugger.
Moon

cb805
02-24-19, 13:33
I use the distal joint.
Moon

I notice I pull left with my G43 because of this and I can never seem to be consistent in adjust my trigger pull. I shoot all my other handguns just fine so I’m not about to “permanently” change my finger positioning. If I filed down that middle part of the trigger would I cause any issues?

triburst1
02-24-19, 15:17
My 9 year old son runs the 48 like a champ.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/IMG_4029_JPG-851003.JPG

ViniVidivici
02-24-19, 16:06
I notice I pull left with my G43 because of this and I can never seem to be consistent in adjust my trigger pull. I shoot all my other handguns just fine so I’m not about to “permanently” change my finger positioning. If I filed down that middle part of the trigger would I cause any issues?

If you're talking about the trigger safety in the middle of the trigger, yes, filing that down would possibly cause issues.

If you filed it down, it would not be able to be fully depressed, which would keep you from being able to actually pull the trigger.

themonk
02-24-19, 16:11
Picked up 48 the other day. Great gun. Super easy shooting and love the front cocking serrations. if you already have a 43 I think the 48 is the way to go because you can throw your 43 slide on your 48 frame and then you have a 43x. Definitely opens up lots of options for slim carry.

cb805
02-24-19, 16:34
If you're talking about the trigger safety in the middle of the trigger, yes, filing that down would possibly cause issues.

If you filed it down, it would not be able to be fully depressed, which would keep you from being able to actually pull the trigger.

Got it. Any suggestions to fixing my problem? I’d rather not have to replace the trigger if I can help it.

BoringGuy45
02-24-19, 16:38
Shot the 48 yesterday. It felt really good in my hand. Near perfect fit, actually. Trigger definitely felt more like a Gen3 than a Gen5. Not that this is a bad thing; I never had a problem with the Gen3s. I never cared for the serrated trigger, but for some reason I didn't really notice it on the one I was shooting yesterday. I also prefer the all black look, but I didn't think the silver was bad looking though.
I'm fine with my G19 Gen5 w/ TLR-1 for my EDC, so I don't think I'll be getting a G48 anytime soon. My dad, however, fell in love with the thing, and he's pretty much set on that being his next purchase.

halfmoonclip
02-24-19, 17:07
Got it. Any suggestions to fixing my problem? I’d rather not have to replace the trigger if I can help it.

cb, it's okay to soften the edge on the finger safety, and round its face vertically.
But, as PPs have noted, too much off and the trigger won't work.
All things in moderation; wrap fine sandpaper around a round pencil, and only take off a little at a time.
Moon

NWPilgrim
02-24-19, 18:10
Just curious as this trend in the 43x and 48 are kind of opposite my preference for CCW. I find the most likely part of the gun to print is the length of the grip. Width can be an issue in lighter clothing but not near so much as grip sticking out. And I don’t find slide length much of an issue at all excrept it adds weight which is probably my second place factor for concealability and comfort.

Given all that, I prefer the subcompact grip format such as the G27/42/43 or even Shield (same grip length). I like the double stack G27 as it is still lightweight, 9 rds, very short grip, and I can carry a 13 or 15 rd spare mag.

If I wear a heavier jacket then I carry the G23, since if the grip length is not an issue then the width certainly isn’t either.

So why the G43x especially, and given the G19 length grip of both, is the slimmer width really that much help when the grip is longer than the G26/43? Why not just go with the G19 at that point?

Not dissing it at all, everyone is different and different combos will work better for some. Just wondering what a person’s set up is for carry such that a G19 grip length slimline is so attractive.

Pi3
02-24-19, 22:07
Back in the day, people would cut down the G17 grip to take G19 mags. Maybe Glock will do this next.
But The opposite seems to sale better: G45 & G43X.

VIP3R 237
02-24-19, 22:36
And shoot noticeably better. Shoot a 19x/45 next to a 17 cut down sometime, it’s an eye opener

Back in the day, people would cut down the G17 grip to take G19 mags. Maybe Glock will do this next.

grizzlyblake
02-25-19, 07:12
The 48 is cool and feels really nice in my hands, but I still can't figure where I could carry it that I couldn't carry a 19 AIWB. I'm only 5'6" 150lb too, and have no issue concealing a 19 daily. The capacity is the killer when it comes down to it.

I thought I may get one for my wife, but she has a 43 that she carries AIWB and she couldn't hide the 48 or 43x. She's little bitty.

I can't find enough justification to purchase one.

ABNAK
02-25-19, 07:48

That or maybe a 43 frame with a 48 slide, basically the slimline version of what you mentioned.

Gary1911A1
02-25-19, 11:26
Myself I wish Glock would of put a rail on the 48. It's kind of a thinner 19 and Glock put a rail on it.

sundance435
02-25-19, 11:47
And shoot noticeably better. Shoot a 19x/45 next to a 17 cut down sometime, it’s an eye opener

Very true. I've never shot a chopped 17, but I shoot my 19x a lot more comfortably than my 19.5. I don't know how much of that was the mag cutout at the bottom, but there's a difference. Except now I'm wondering why I ever got rid of my 17...

RAM Engineer
02-25-19, 14:26
Myself I wish Glock would of put a rail on the 48. It's kind of a thinner 19 and Glock put a rail on it.

Frame is too narrow to make a rail practical, unless they went with a new, proprietary rail like the SIG 365 did.

triburst1
02-25-19, 15:04
I'm guessing that the popularity of so many of these short slide/long grip pistols coincides with the popularity of AIWB carry.

NWPilgrim
02-25-19, 15:48
I'm guessing that the popularity of so many of these short slide/long grip pistols coincides with the popularity of AIWB carry.

Ah, OK that makes sense. Thx.

02-25-19, 16:38
Frame is too narrow to make a rail practical, unless they went with a new, proprietary rail like the SIG 365 did.

I just confirmed with calipers that the G43’s dustcover is wider than the rail on a G19, as well as the pic rail on a URX4. What am I missing? Is the G48 narrower in the dustcover, or is there something else?

Pi3
02-25-19, 17:33
Crimson Trace has found a way to attach a laser/ light on these glocks without a rail. Others will probably do the same. I rented a G43 with the ctc red laser and liked it.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-5280

02-25-19, 18:15

Maybe for some, doesn't work for me at all.

I've tried every wing, claw, pad, bulge, whatever and AIWB makes me look like I have a weird tumor or I'm carrying a gun AIWB.

BuzzinSATX
02-25-19, 18:36
Crimson Trace has found a way to attach a laser/ light on these glocks without a rail. Others will probably do the same. I rented a G43 with the ctc red laser and liked it.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-5280

Similar to the TLR-6 mount on a Shield. Guessing just a matter of time...

Edit: It fits the G43...will it fit the G48?

https://www.streamlight.com/docs/default-source/data-sheet/tlr6railmount_datasheet.pdf

Pi3
02-25-19, 19:12
Yes. 42, 43, 43x & 48.

02-25-19, 19:14
Delete. Already answered.

snichols28
02-25-19, 22:37
For you guys that have them and are carrying, what holster are you using? I haven't carried IWB in years and the selection is kind of daunting. I'm leaning towards a Crossbreed "Reckoning".

A few holster options out there. ColoradoHolster.com was one of the first ones I could find. Bought one for my 48 and my 43 fits in it just fine too.

https://i.imgur.com/90cOSx9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gE8wle7.jpg

Tempted to get one of the IWB ones now too....
https://i.imgur.com/jhJTnMA.jpg

halfmoonclip
02-27-19, 20:16
Maybe for some, doesn't work for me at all.

I've tried every wing, claw, pad, bulge, whatever and AIWB makes me look like I have a weird tumor or I'm carrying a gun AIWB.
Aside from not being crazy about where the muzzle is pointed, agree entirely, and my gut isn't much of an issue.
Moon

Jace
03-16-19, 02:26
I've used the gen 3 and gen 4 G19 for years now after switching from the 1911 platform. I've always found the G19 grip to be a little too wide for my liking - and a bit bulky for ccw. However, the advantages simply outweighed the disadvantages and it became my primary ccw. I adapted to it but never grew to love it. It was functional but never comfortable, if that makes any sense. And it remains my primary ccw today. I also have a G43 for better concealment when mission or dress require it. Obviously, as mentioned by prior posters, the primary disadvantage of the G43 is magazine capacity. One disadvantage which many individuals have circumvented with the use of the Taran Tactical (or similar) extensions. I have no experience with any of those, although some SME's (including Defoor) have reportedly encountered some reliability issues. I'm also not a huge fan of the floating pinky, ala G26, so I simply used the factory Glock G43 extended base plate with success.

However... I was able to try both the G43x and G48 today. I found the comparisons of the G48 to the commander sized 1911 in prior posts to be interesting, albeit a 1911 with the traditional Glock grip angle. Although I'm not a fan of the silver slide, a Blue label G48 was too hard to pass up.

The Lego like plug and play of the different models (G43 and G48) allows me to skip the G43x and still have three different ccw configurations - not including the G19: A 1911 esque, single stack, 10+1 capacity, slim G19 that many have begged for from Glock for years - in the G48. A full grip, 10+1 capacity G43... or short slide, 10+1, slim G19 (depending on your viewpoint) - including an all black G43x when you combine the G48 frame and G43 slide. And third, the well known standard G43.

On holsters: All three configurations fit into my Dark Star Gear G43 Hitchhiker perfectly - including the longer G48.

On sights: Here's what I can share. Obviously, G43x guns will use the G42/G43 sights (same slide). A little Googlefu research today stated that the G48 will also use the same sights as the G42/G43 models. Some individual posts (not specific to the M4c site) claimed that this Intel was also obtained from Ameriglo directly. I was unable to call Ameriglo earlier today to verify that info but...

I'm gonna throw a BS flag on that Intel for the following reason: Some individuals suggest G42/G43 sights because the G48 slide is the same width as the G43 slide. This makes no sense other than a potential overhang issue with 'wider' sights. Sight radius should be the determining factor directly impacting sight height, not the slide width. Glock's (model specific) website states that the G48 and G19 sight radius specs are 5.94" and 5.98" (steel) respectively. The G43 sight radius is 5.20". I suspect the G48 will perform very well with G19 sights. In fact, that's exactly what I did. I put Ameriglo Spartan Operators GL-446 (17, 19, 22, 23, etc) on my G48 this afternoon.

Factory Glock G48 polymer front sight height: 0.165"
Factory Glock G48 polymer front sight width: 0.150"
Factory Glock G48 polymer rear sight height: 0.255"
Factory Glock G48 polymer rear sight width: 0.628"
Factory Glock G48 polymer rear sight notch: 0.135"

Ameriglo G19 Spartan Operator rear sight width: 0.722"

Once the Amerglos were centered, I had approx 0.025-0.030" space remaining on each side of the dovetail. These G19 sights fit the smaller slide just fine. Coincidently, I also replaced the factory polymer sights on one of my gen 4 G19's today. I'm gonna trial a set of Trijicon HD XR sights on that one for a while. Here are the factory Glock G19 sight measurements that I removed:

Factory Glock G19 polymer front sight height: 0.165"
Factory Glock G19 polymer front sight width: 0.150"
Factory Glock G19 polymer rear sight height: 0.253"
Factory Glock G19 polymer rear sight width: 0.827"
Factory Glock G19 polymer rear sight notch: 0.140"

Some specs straight from the Ameriglo site:

G19 Glock Operators GL-146R
Rear sight height: 0.256"
Rear sight notch: 0.150"

G42/43 Glock Operators GL-383R
Rear sight height: 0.248"
Rear sight notch: 0.140"

As for POA/POI: no idea, not tested yet

On the sight tool:
For G19: standard MGW sight tool
For G43/G43x/G48: MGW sight tool with 42/43 adapter

Or for you ingenious types: See Kyle Defoor's box end wrench trick

Hope this helps some of you guys trying to wade through a sea of information. Some good, some bad.

jwfuhrman
03-16-19, 08:40
I can confirm the Streamlight TLR6 works on the G43X and G48 no issue.

Picture of G48 and TLR-6

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7833/40428562643_a096de63d2_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/24AwXav)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/24AwXav) by Jon Fuhrman (https://www.flickr.com/photos/145172037@N04/), on Flickr

halfmoonclip
03-16-19, 10:03
Jace, it's not clear to me if point of impact might be affected by which grip frame is underneath a given slide; pistols do funny things when they're fired, and there is some motion before the bullet gets out the barrel.
I'm guessing it won't make enough difference to matter on a defense gun; we won't be going to Camp Perry with it.
Moon

Jace
03-16-19, 11:42
Jace, it's not clear to me if point of impact might be affected by which grip frame is underneath a given slide; pistols do funny things when they're fired, and there is some motion before the bullet gets out the barrel.
I'm guessing it won't make enough difference to matter on a defense gun; we won't be going to Camp Perry with it.
Moon

I agree. Even identical models sometimes have variances between them. I also believe that everyday factors such as ammunition quality and shooting ability will have much more impact than 0.008" in sight height ever will. But for the pistoleros in the crowd looking for accuracy at longer distances, I suspect the longer slide sights will be better. Part of it is just simply answering the question "What fits? And what doesn't?"

Just wanted to pass along what I had learned, some specs and what tools had worked well for me. Since the G43x and G48 are only about 2 months old now there isn't a whole lot of info out yet. I wasn't even sure what worked yesterday. The gun shop initially told me "Nope. Definitely not interchangeable". We had to take them apart and try different things to find out for sure. Even they learned something. And for the guys that want an all black G43x, this may be a potential solution, short of having the slide cerakoted. Especially if a guy already owns a G43. Much more versatility too.

So far, I just wanted to share what I was pretty sure of. If I end up being wrong after shooting it, I'll have no problem admitting that too. I've learned so much here over the last 7 years or so that I felt I should give back.

Hopefully, it gives some guys a place to start when making some of their own decisions.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-16-19, 12:39
Finally got to handle one. It felt so right. My wife has agreed to adopt my 43 if I get a 48 or 43x.

halfmoonclip
03-16-19, 12:42
No, it was good analysis Jace. Concur that I've learned a lot here, and on other forums...even if there is some unfiltered bovine waste from time to time.
BTW, a buddy swapped slides from his 43 to the 48; said it worked fine, but it seemed snappy.
Thnx,
Moon

halfmoonclip
03-16-19, 12:47
Finally got to handle one. It felt so right. My wife has agreed to adopt my 43 if I get a 48 or 43x.
The 48 does feel good, and familiar. I'll end up with one, even if the P365 answers a question I'm more apt to ask.
Moon

Pi3
03-16-19, 19:19
Does the G48 mag work in the G43?

ARx3
03-16-19, 19:24

No,not in the G43 only in the G43X.

themonk
03-16-19, 19:24

Negative. Although the Glock 43 slide fits the Glock 48 frame. So if you have a 43 it doesn't really make sense to buy 43x you should buy 48 and then you have both guns with some slide swaps.

Pi3
03-16-19, 21:50
That was the beauty of the double stack 9mm glocks, the mags would all interchange. It seems like they blew it with the single stack 9s.

halfmoonclip
03-17-19, 20:42
Yeah, I'm missing something here...Glock resolutely refused to make a larger capacity OEM mag for the 42 and 43, and now the 9mm one won't work with the 43. Some Aryan thing.
Moon

MountainRaven
04-27-19, 16:07
What's everybody using for magazine carriers?

I'd usually go for Ritchie, Milt Sparks, or Raven - but I can't find anything in stock from Ritchie or Milt Sparks and RCS doesn't make anything.

Thanks!

jmoore
04-27-19, 23:05
I shoot all my other handguns just fine.......
‘But shooting left is a typical Glock trigger thing...’

So a few decades of reading stuff like this leads me to believe that there is something in the design of the Glock frame/trigger that sets up most - but not all - folks to pull left. Maybe not a flaw, but a design feature:). I was hoping the new slim-line frames wouldn’t do this, but it sounds like they do - at least for some. Will have to rent one and see:)

geezer john

AKDoug
04-28-19, 01:06
never mind

MountainRaven
04-29-19, 09:08
What's everybody using for magazine carriers?

I'd usually go for Ritchie, Milt Sparks, or Raven - but I can't find anything in stock from Ritchie or Milt Sparks and RCS doesn't make anything.

Thanks!

So I found out that RCS lists the Copia as working for Glock 43X/48 magazines. And after tightening the adjustment screw quite a bit, it does. Looks like a skinny calf sticking out of a pair of bell-bottomed capris a size too large, but it works.

And the adjustment screw sticks waaay out. Needs to be trimmed or a plastic cover or something.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-29-19, 15:50
Just picked one up. Really like it so far. I installed a G43 Overwatch Precision in it.

I wish RCS had an Eidolon for it.

Sry0fcr
04-29-19, 16:48
I dunno, seems like someone goofed in product development. I can't figure why the 43 wouldn't have the staggered magazine and slightly wider body, maybe could've squeezed an extra round or 2 out of it. At any rate, I think a 43 with +2 extensions offers a bit more flexibility than the 48 and 43X even though it's a couple rounds short. I want to love the new hotness, I just can't personally justify the purchase. If I'm gonna print, I'll take the 19, if concealed really means concealed I'm taking the 43.

Mozart
04-29-19, 17:01
I dunno, seems like someone goofed in product development. I can't figure why the 43 wouldn't have the staggered magazine and slightly wider body, maybe could've squeezed an extra round or 2 out of it. At any rate, I think a 43 with +2 extensions offers a bit more flexibility than the 48 and 43X even though it's a couple rounds short. I want to love the new hotness, I just can't personally justify the purchase. If I'm gonna print, I'll take the 19, if concealed really means concealed I'm taking the 43.

Agreed. The issue with printing is grip length, not grip width, so a slim 19-length grip doesn’t help me. I’ll just carry a 19. And a 43 for deep concealment.

I will say this though: the 48 might be the closest thing to a Glock 1911 that we’ll get.

04-29-19, 17:11

This

I just want factory +1 and +2 mags. For the 42, also. And +2 for the G26. I guess I want a lot.

NWPilgrim
04-29-19, 18:29

That is exactly where I am. Butt length is the main issue for printing so I mostly wear my G27, and for lighter clothes I go with the G42 (though considering buying a G43, but I bought the 42 before the 43 came out:( ). I really don't like carrying a single stack unless that is the only option for the occasion. When shooting at the pit or the range I am surprised how quickly 6 shots disappear.

At least with my G27, I can carry a spare 10, 13 (most of the time) or 15 round mag. With the G42 I am stuck with 7 in the gun and six in the pocket. It would be nice to have something more like 9 in the gun and 10-11 in the pocket while keeping the frame as slim as the slide or not much more.

I like that Glock is releasing many new models but I would like to see the semi-staggered stack approach used on the short butt G42/G43.

kaltesherz
04-29-19, 18:36
Finally got some time with my new 48, here's what I found:

200 rounds, mix of GECO 124gr FML and Federal 147gr- 0 malfunctions. Despite being much slimmer and lighter, still very comfortable to shoot and not snappy at all. The trigger on mine is pretty heavy but seems to have smoothed out a little (take this with a grain of salt as the carry G19 has a Taran Tac trigger job). It's pretty accurate and easy to shoot. Here's 50 rounds of 147gr at 7 yards:

https://i.imgur.com/ytPtMfm.jpg

I was aiming between the eyes, so I still need to drift the sights a cunt hair to the right. Also it's a little low, probably due to using 43 sights- Glock now offers tritium sights explicitly for the 48 which I might be trading out for shortly.

My GF has a hard time shooting semi's well (strangely she's a murder machine with my S&W 581 .357), but she shoots this guy really well. It's noticeably slimmer in both slide and frame, and it's got a really comfortable grip. Yet it's got the recoil impulse of a G19.

The only drawback after shooting it a bit is slide bite. I shot Glocks for years with no issues, then after carrying a VP9 for a year suddenly my grip has changed and I need beavertails on my Glocks. I'll work on my grip a bit and see if I can correct it over time- either that or just get used to missing a chunk of my hand.

https://i.imgur.com/ITNHRMR.jpg

I carried it for about 24 hours with the Vedder Holster it came with and can tell you with absolute certainly that it's a very noticeable difference vs my G19. Much much easier to conceal and lighter. I can easily carry under a t shirt, which is impossible with my G19. The previous owner didn't think it really had anything on his G19, but that's where it really shines and I'm happy to finally have a CCW that bridges shooting and concealing well. Hell, it even seems to draw faster than my G19. I'll be ordering a mag carrier ASAP (I usually carry a spare anyway), as 10+1 isn't bad but I'd have a much bigger piece of mind with another 10 rounds.

https://i.imgur.com/bBn6dIa.jpg

Arik
04-29-19, 19:36
Been seriously considering the 43X. I tried the 43 but ended up selling it. Couldn't get a grip on it. Pretty much felt like thishttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/65a0f943badf15e9ba324ea9d8a43ebc.jpg

FlyingHunter
04-29-19, 19:47
Been seriously considering the 43X. I tried the 43 but ended up selling it. Couldn't get a grip on it. Pretty much felt like thishttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/65a0f943badf15e9ba324ea9d8a43ebc.jpg

Agree. As soon as they make a MOS version of the slimline series, I'll spend my money.

seb5
04-29-19, 21:44
I bought the 43X and 48. My thoughts are that the 48 is it's a niche gun. My purpose was for my daughter who is 5-3 and 105. She prefers shooting the 19 but realizes it's too big for her to carry and a bit large in the grip. She doesn't care for the 43 at all. She likes the 48 and yes, it is a compromise, but one that works for her. I swapped out my wifes 43 for the 43X as it's easier to grip (she even preferred it with a Hogue rubber as the 43 is so thin). For me it's like many here, the 19 for most carry options, with a 43 for deep concealment and a 45 for the rare times I wear a uniform. I do at times wear a 43X in plain clothes while in the office, it's OK with me but I always carry 2 spares so 31 rounds seems adequate. It's nice that after decades Glock is offering options. I do think that the 43 with a shorter staggered 43X, 48 type mag would make more sense but it's not available...........

Sry0fcr
05-01-19, 13:57
This

I just want factory +1 and +2 mags. For the 42, also. And +2 for the G26. I guess I want a lot.

How's the weather under that rock? (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006067030/glock-magazine-base-pad-2-glock-17-19-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-31-32-33-34-35-polymer-black) :sarcastic:

MountainRaven
05-01-19, 14:09
I just got a new Copia from RCS and the adjustment screw is significantly shorter than on the older one and the adjustment screw doesn't stick through nearly as much when tightened down for G43X/48 magazines (it barely sticks through, not the full eighth to quarter inch of the older one).

05-02-19, 08:26
How's the weather under that rock? (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006067030/glock-magazine-base-pad-2-glock-17-19-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-31-32-33-34-35-polymer-black) :sarcastic:

Thanks! I’m embarrassed to say that I did not know those existed. I’ve been using the Pierce extensions on my G26 mags, but I would prefer to stay all factory.

ViniVidivici
05-02-19, 10:23
Thanks! I’m embarrassed to say that I did not know those existed. I’ve been using the Pierce extensions on my G26 mags, but I would prefer to stay all factory.

Yep, I have quite a few of those, they're great. They require an insert to go with them, of course, but they're 9noy a couple of bucks.

Those extensions were around 5 bucks each, last time I got some, from the Glock store itself.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-03-19, 13:43
https://i.imgur.com/7jJAqUT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Xj7DM9j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5ZnVEOp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qF9xvQU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/px32A1L.jpg

MadAngler1
05-03-19, 17:22
I rented a Glock 43x and 48 at a local range in Indy two weeks ago. Put 100 rounds through each. I felt the G48 didn’t gain much over the G19. I do believe the single stack frame feels better on the 43X than the 48 though. Both shot well, no malfunctions with factory ammo.

Edited to say: I rented another 43x this past weekend. I put it up against my G26, and after 100 rounds through each i’ll stick with the G26. I found it more controllable. I’d say in terms of control/accuracy: G19 > G26 = G48 > G43x

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-07-19, 13:41
New holster came in from Dirt Road Holsters today. Same quality as my JMCK holsters, but better clip options.
https://i.imgur.com/6GVcQts.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xSyXxlA.jpg

06-04-19, 06:43
Please forgive my ignorance, but google did not provide an answer. And browsing the usual OEM parts suppliers came up dry. My ladyfriend picked up a blue label 48 yesterday, and there were no add on backstraps provided. But it has the pin for them, like the full size guns. Are these available somewhere?

themonk
06-04-19, 06:54
Please forgive my ignorance, but google did not provide an answer. And browsing the usual OEM parts suppliers came up dry. My ladyfriend picked up a blue label 48 yesterday, and there were no add on backstraps provided. But it has the pin for them, like the full size guns. Are these available somewhere?

Glock 48 and 43x do not have back straps. That pin is there to hold the trigger housing and is a structural pin.

MegademiC
06-04-19, 06:56

The pin is for the sear/ejector housing, not a backstrap.
They re-purposed it for the backstraps on the gen4/5 guns but was on earlier gens for the original reason.

06-04-19, 06:57
Thanks, guys.

Ron3
06-05-19, 08:22
So a few decades of reading stuff like this leads me to believe that there is something in the design of the Glock frame/trigger that sets up most - but not all - folks to pull left. Maybe not a flaw, but a design feature:). I was hoping the new slim-line frames wouldn’t do this, but it sounds like they do - at least for some. Will have to rent one and see:)

geezer john

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case with the G19 grip length slim lines. Interesting.

halfmoonclip
06-05-19, 14:36
A buddy shot a group you could cover with a quarter at 21' with my G42. It was 3" to the left of the bull. Yes, Glock triggers are what they are.
Personally, I think the P365 trigger is less prone to doing this.
Moon

06-05-19, 15:09
My 43 does not shoot left, but sometimes I do.

MegademiC
06-05-19, 20:42
A buddy shot a group you could cover with a quarter at 21' with my G42. It was 3" to the left of the bull. Yes, Glock triggers are what they are.
Personally, I think the P365 trigger is less prone to doing this.
Moon

Dry fire will show the problem and how to fix it.

This. All my errant shots are left. Its imperfect trigger/grip control.

Furbyballer
06-06-19, 06:10
Its funny, if I am dead tired and at the end of the day my pistol shots with glocks tend to stroll a little to the right. If I am being lackadaisical about my grip and trigger pull I they seem to stray to the left slightly. Its all about consistency. BTW, I love my 48 and bought a second one for my wife. They are our daily carry summer guns currently.

halfmoonclip
06-16-19, 21:40
Summed up in 10 words! Thanks, 1168!
Moon

Bogart
06-19-19, 15:54
So it took me awhile to get around to writing this, but I’ll try to keep my thoughts on the G48 concise.

For several years I carried the same G19.4 plus a 17 round spare mag. Within the last year or so however, I caught myself, more often than not, tending to carry my G43 (with VT +2 mag) plus a 9 round spare (TTI +3) for all the reasons anyone carries such a gun (light weight, thin, easier to conceal, etc.) I wasn’t overly happy with myself for doing this as I always preferred to have more bullets on me and a true fighting handgun, should I ever need it. I went from 33 rounds to 18, which I wasn’t wild about.

Then the G43X and G48 were released. At first I though both were ridiculous for the same reasons other people thought they were ridiculous: grip on the G43X would be harder to hide than on a G43, G48 is just a G19 with fewer bullets, etc. Then I got to handle both, then borrow a G48 from a co-worker and got to shoot it. Purely based on feel in the hand, and pointiness, the G48 may be the best feeling Glock I’ve used. Within about a week I had a G48.

For me, the G48 is basically a Goldie Locks pistol - just right.

Compared to the G43 I get:

-A better and full firing grip on the gun
-Don’t have to change my grip to make mag changes like
-More bullet velocity (same as a G19)
-More bullets (three more than with my set up of a VT +2 and TTI +3)

Compared to the G43 I lose:

-Nothing - It conceals the same as my G43 with +2 and +3 mag extensions.

Compared to the G19 I lose:

-Bullets (twelve compared to my 15+1 plus 17 round reload)

Compared to the G19 I gain:

-Conceal-ability
-Comfort
-Factory forward serrations

So for me, after weighing the pros and cons, I settled on the G48 for my new primary CCW. If I could only have one handgun ever, would it replace the G19? By no means. Is the G48 as all around versatile as the G19? Not at all. But for a dedicated concealed carry handgun, not a duty handgun, in my opinion, the G48 is where it’s at.

With the V Dev Group Meginjord belt, DSG Hitchhiker with the DSG Dark Wing, JM Custom Kydex wedge, and Discreet Carry Concepts belt clips, it disappears in a fitted t-shirt. I'm quite happy with it.

RAM Engineer
06-19-19, 16:59
Compared to the G43 I lose:

-Nothing - It conceals the same as my G43 with +2 and +3 mag extensions.

I was running this calculus through my brain when the 43X and 48 came out. For ME, I would lose the ability to scale down to true G43 size (6+1) for extremely difficult environments.

Where I stand right now is that neither the current G43x nor the G48 are substitutes for the G43.

Now if they made a chopped G43X (G43 II?) then I would have to reevaluate...

Bogart
06-19-19, 18:31
Yes, I certainly agree with you on the scale-ability of the G43. I was doing this, using the DSG G43/43X/48 holster for my G43 and using extensions when carrying AIWB, and then would put in a flush mag and use the Blue Force Gear Ultra-Comp pocket holster on the very rare occasions I needed to pocket carry and couldn't carry anything else. But those are very few and far between instances for me, so for my needs the G48 has worked out awesomely. But yes, you are certainly right, the G43 is more scaleable in a way the G48 could never be.

seb5
06-19-19, 21:58
I've got a 43, 43X, and 48 with all of the above mentioned add ons. For me the 43X is the one I use the most. And I agree the true answer is a 43 Gen II with a cut down grip as the 43X width is better for most everyone over the 43. So, 43Gen II with a shorter 43X mag takes the cake.

RAM Engineer
06-20-19, 09:59
Yes, I certainly agree with you on the scale-ability of the G43. I was doing this, using the DSG G43/43X/48 holster for my G43 and using extensions when carrying AIWB, and then would put in a flush mag and use the Blue Force Gear Ultra-Comp pocket holster on the very rare occasions I needed to pocket carry and couldn't carry anything else. But those are very few and far between instances for me, so for my needs the G48 has worked out awesomely. But yes, you are certainly right, the G43 is more scaleable in a way the G48 could never be.

Hey, if you get a chance, can you do some side by side pics of the grip length comparison between the G43 with +2 and +3 extensions and the G48 grip?

Thanks,
Jason

RWH24
06-20-19, 21:05
Well, I drank my coffee and joined the G48 group meeting. I had a G19.5 franken build I traded for a G48. I will pick up a 43X complete slide so I can change her top depending on the occasion.

The grooved trigger shoe is a pain in the finger, A little take up, an abrupt concrete wall, then snap. Trigger shoe is the only thing I can't live with, and the plastic sights.

Anyone used the Overwatch poly trigger? I love the APEX shoe and may just pick up one. Not worried about connector changes.

Sights, probably the Ameriglo Agent, .125 wide frt sight in Orange, U notch rear, Or HD/XR.

Bogart
06-21-19, 09:04
Hey, if you get a chance, can you do some side by side pics of the grip length comparison between the G43 with +2 and +3 extensions and the G48 grip?

Thanks,
Jason

So I’m not technologically inclined enough to upload pics, but I took some measurements. I stood my 43 and 48 side by side standing on their sights (they both have the same sights) and I came up with the following measurements (they should be fairly accurate but I took them with a ruler FWIW).

G43 with VT/TD +2 is the same length on the front strap, and 3/8” shorter on the back strap than the G48 with magazine inserted.

G43 with TTI +3 is 1/4” longer on the front strap, and 1/16” shorter on the back strap than the G48 with magazine inserted.

Bogart
06-21-19, 09:09
The grooved trigger shoe is a pain in the finger, A little take up, an abrupt concrete wall, then snap. Trigger shoe is the only thing I can't live with, and the plastic sights.

Anyone used the Overwatch poly trigger? I love the APEX shoe and may just pick up one. Not worried about connector changes.

Sights, probably the Ameriglo Agent, .125 wide frt sight in Orange, U notch rear, Or HD/XR.

I, too, do not like the factory trigger shoe at all and was also looking at the Overwatch Poly DAT trigger. I like the Apex, and have one on my G43, but the Overwatch cost less, and comes already installed on a trigger bar, so I'm probably leaning towards that. Keep us updated on which you go with, and if I get the Overwatch soon I'll do likewise.

I put the Ameriglo Spaulding sites on mine. My second set of them. I believe they are a .120" front. Mine are the green/yellow, whichever color they call them.

RAM Engineer
06-21-19, 11:13
So I’m not technologically inclined enough to upload pics, but I took some measurements. I stood my 43 and 48 side by side standing on their sights (they both have the same sights) and I came up with the following measurements (they should be fairly accurate but I took them with a ruler FWIW).

G43 with VT/TD +2 is the same length on the front strap, and 3/8” shorter on the back strap than the G48 with magazine inserted.

G43 with TTI +3 is 1/4” longer on the front strap, and 1/16” shorter on the back strap than the G48 with magazine inserted.

great thanks!

RWH24
06-21-19, 14:11
Shield 9 with 10 rnd TT mag/ext vs G48 stock

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1321/4777050/24426566/414243199.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1321/4777050/24426566/414243198.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1321/4777050/24426566/414243200.jpg