PDA

View Full Version : Does the far left have their version of SHTF novels?

Bruce in WV
02-03-19, 08:55
If the old rubric of "know thy enemy" holds water, shouldn't we be reading far left SHTF novels that describe how they see the culture wars evolving? I don't remember anybody describing any literature like this being published.
I don't troll far left web sites and don't know what's out there. Anybody have any links to ebooks, published novels/novellas, etc?

pinzgauer
02-03-19, 08:57
Handmaid's tale comes to mind

Firefly
02-03-19, 09:24
Handmaid's tale comes to mind
The whole concept of that tale irks me to no end.

This old harridan cannot seem to accept that in a fertility crisis; men still appreciate women. And for every man trying to enslave women there would be five or more men jumping his ass like Iwo Jima, Khe Sanh, and Black Friday at Wal Mart.

A more realistic story was Children of Men. The mere sound of a baby crying reduces hardened soldiers and insurgents alike to tears and silence.

Todd.K
02-03-19, 10:41
They make movies.

docsherm
02-03-19, 10:55
Like they can read......... but they do have the Komünist Manifesto and Mein Kampf.

Leuthas
02-03-19, 11:50
The trouble with apocalypse stories is that they're inherently conservative in the for-good use of firearms. Progressive minds just enter cognitive-dissonance. The few cases which don't, and keep the good guys disarmed in end-of-the-world stories are so bad no one reads them.

pinzgauer
02-03-19, 12:08
Probably more accurate is that the "SHTF, go do something" trope is foreign to their thought process almost by definition.

So their apocolyptic tale is a dystopian future where conservatism ran amuck.

The new facist boogieman where Fascist is defined (in their mind) as one of many conservative themes.

BuzzinSATX
02-03-19, 12:30
Far left SHFT novels used to be based on billionaire businessmen becoming president and constitutional conservatives on the Supreme Court...

:haha:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-03-19, 13:58
Many of the SHTF movies and novel plotlines, recently, have been focused on disasters caused by how liberals view "conservatives" in power handle issues that liberals care about. Global warming, religion, racism, etc. Take any disaster movie, Handmaids Tale, etc.

flenna
02-03-19, 14:02
I'd say their version includes all the Starbucks closing down, FB going offline, I-Phones self destructing and avocados becoming extinct.

SteyrAUG
02-03-19, 14:24
The Day After Tomorrow.

No guns needed and mother Earth heals herself, Americans forcibly enter Mexico and a bunch of other silly shit.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-03-19, 15:34
I'd say their version includes all the Starbucks closing down, FB going offline, I-Phones self destructing and avocados becoming extinct.

As a conservative, that sounds pretty damn awful to me...

NWPilgrim
02-03-19, 15:58
The Left that I know don’t conceive of SHTF. The government is the only legitimate response to any disaster, uprising, danger. If they wrote such a novel it would be how Nancy Pelosi used her gargantuan gavel to force laws through to ban ALL firearms, airsoft, BB guns; ban stockpiling if good and instead all persons are barcoded and given socially responsible rations.

They truly cannot conceive of a situation that govt will not provide for them.

Grand58742
02-03-19, 18:35
I can whip one up if you want.

Day of Darkness, a novella by Grand58742

Suddenly, the lights in their downtown flat went dark. Nathaniel took out his brand new Samsung Galaxy 9x with a sigh and attempted to turn on the flashlight portion. That's odd, he thought as the screen was blank as well.

"Nathaniel, what happened?" asked his cis-female partner Natasha as she came stumbling through the flat.

"I'll tell you what's wrong, I paid $800 for a worthless phone!" exclaimed Nathaniel as he tossed the phone against the couch.

"No, I mean my phone is dead too!" she exclaimed. "And you were about to fix our organic, gluten free vegan lasagna for dinner!"

"Let's go downstairs and see," said Nathaniel as they both saw the high security electronic card reader door was dead too. Eventually, after an exhausting walk down fourteen flights of stairs, they reached the roadway where they saw several vehicle accidents.

"Did something happen?" asked Natasha.

"I think I heard someone mention something called EMP," said one of their neighbors, a government contractor with an obnoxious "Trump/Pence" bumper sticker on his obnoxious Ford F-250.

"Is that some stupid Trump program?" asked Nathaniel.

"No, it's an Electro Magnetic Pulse," said the neighbor.

"Certainly sounds like nothing Trump would be familiar with," said Natasha.

"Basically, it kills electronics," said the neighbor. "Hence, why your Prius will not work."

"That's stupid," said Nathaniel as he tried to unlock the vehicle and saw his key fob wasn't working.

"I told you..." said the neighbor as he shifted the weapon of mass destruction, an automatic pistol, under his shirt.

"Are you carrying a gun?!" exclaimed Natasha.

"Bad people are going to be out soon," said the neighbor.

"Well, we're just going to wait for help to arrive!" exclaimed Natasha. She and Nathaniel returned to their flat where eventually, gender neutral, friendly government responders showed up to help. Being good citizens, they informed the government employees of the potential mass shooting apparatus being carried by their neighbor and watched gleefully as he was tossed into a police vehicle before disappearing. Knowing their had done their duty to their fellow citizens, they waited shortly for the lights to come on. Being as efficient as the government workers were, the power was back on in no time and they relaxed after ordering some tofu snacks delivered by an Amazon drone and watching Bill Maher on their 65 inch 4K TV.

They lived happily ever after.

SeriousStudent
02-03-19, 18:53
As a conservative, that sounds pretty damn awful to me...

Agreed. I loves me some guacamole. :(

Leuthas
02-03-19, 19:20

Hey, what do you have against sugar-coffee, Sir?

Honu
02-03-19, 19:26
my version :)

I can whip one up if you want.

Day of Darkness, a novella by Grand58742

Suddenly, the lights in their downtown flat went dark. Nathaniel took out his brand new Samsung Galaxy 9x with a sigh and attempted to turn on the flashlight portion. That's odd, he thought as the screen was blank as well.

"Nathaniel, what happened?" asked his cis-female partner Natasha as she came stumbling through the flat.

"I'll tell you what's wrong, I paid $800$1200 for the special RED version for a worthless phone!" exclaimed Nathaniel as he tossed the phone against the couch.

"No, I mean my phone is dead too!" she exclaimed. "And you were about to fix ORDER our organic, gluten free vegan lasagna for dinner! using uber meals "

"Let's go downstairs Upstairs to my parents and see," said Nathaniel as they both saw the high security electronic card reader door was dead too. Eventually, after an exhausting walk down fourteen flights of stairs all the way to the parents front door , they turned around and noticed reached the roadway where they saw several vehicle accidents.

"Did something happen?" asked Natasha.

"I think I heard someone mention something called EMP," said one of their neighbors, a government contractor with an obnoxious "Trump/Pence" bumper sticker on his obnoxious Ford F-250. who earlier they flattened the tires and broke the window on since those trump folks are violent racists

"Is that some stupid Trump program he got from Russia ?" asked Nathaniel.

"No, it's an Electro Magnetic Pulse," said the neighbor.

"Certainly sounds like nothing Trump would be familiar with," said Natasha.

"Basically, it kills electronics," said the neighbor. "Hence, why your Parents Prius will not work."

"That's stupid," said Nathaniel as he tried to unlock the his parents vehicle and saw his key fob wasn't working.

"I told you..." said the neighbor as he shifted the weapon of mass destruction, an automatic pistol, under his shirt.

"Are you carrying a automatic clip gun?!" exclaimed Natasha.

"Bad people are going to be out soon," said the neighbor.

"Well, we're just going to wait for help to arrive!" exclaimed Natasha. Nathaniel said maybe we should call a uber and get away from this racist neighbor before that gun kills us She and Nathaniel returned to their flat parents basement where eventually, gender neutral, friendly government responders showed up to help. Being good citizens, they informed the government employees of the potential mass shooting apparatus being carried by their neighbor when the gov workers said that is why we are not at his house but yours and then demanded they give them all their money and food. Sadly their life would be over before the power was to be restored for opening the door to the gov people. and watched gleefully as he was tossed into a police vehicle before disappearing. Knowing their had done their duty to their fellow citizens, they waited shortly for the lights to come on. Being as efficient as the government workers were, the power was back on in no time and they relaxed after ordering some tofu snacks delivered by an Amazon drone and watching Bill Maher on their 65 inch 4K TV. their is a lesson here but the left will never know as they are all gone now

They lived happily ever after.they lived very shortly there after

THCDDM4
02-03-19, 19:31
The leftists are living their SHTF scenario right now with Trump in office. That’s how they are acting anyways.

sundance435
02-04-19, 09:35
The Left that I know don’t conceive of SHTF. The government is the only legitimate response to any disaster, uprising, danger. If they wrote such a novel it would be how Nancy Pelosi used her gargantuan gavel to force laws through to ban ALL firearms, airsoft, BB guns; ban stockpiling if good and instead all persons are barcoded and given socially responsible rations.

They truly cannot conceive of a situation that govt will not provide for them.

Agreed. They really can't conceive a SHTF situation as we think of them. It's ironic that to them more laws/government is the answer, unless it's a "fascist" government. I don't see the distinction, but they do, apparently.

NWPilgrim
02-04-19, 15:22
An acquaintance who lived a long time in Manhattan had no means of cooking in her sub-sub-subletted rent-control apt so for hot water to make tea she would go down to the cafe on the first floor to use the hot water dispenser on their coffee maker. (Why do I need a hot plate when the cafe has hot water?) Absolutely no concept of providing for one self, totally dependent on a network of services and friendly shops.

jsbhike
02-04-19, 21:42
The Day After Tomorrow.

No guns needed and mother Earth heals herself, Americans forcibly enter Mexico and a bunch of other silly shit.

I was wondering if anyone was going to post that one.

Firefly
02-04-19, 22:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gOoBB_BxRM

This is what angry, fat, manless, and hairy-legged women actually believe

Firefly
02-04-19, 22:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzWTIexszQ

But this is more realistic if no one had seen a baby in two decades. The older I get, the more this scene gets to me.

This also had a more realistic depiction of "the future"

mack7.62
02-05-19, 05:09
Those right there are SHTF/TEOTWAWKI for lefties, NO MORE BABIES TO ABORT, OH THE HUMANITY.

Firefly
02-05-19, 07:57
Those right there are SHTF/TEOTWAWKI for lefties, NO MORE BABIES TO ABORT, OH THE HUMANITY.

Handmaid's Tale is Trash.

Children of Men is not. Children of Men was written as pro-life by a woman who lived through WWII, lost a husband, and wondered how people would act if the privilege to have children was taken away. People just devolve into nihilism with hajis taking to the streets killing everything shouting Allah Akbar and The Man wearing ACUs and arresting or shooting "troublemakers".

sundance435
02-05-19, 08:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBzWTIexszQ

But this is more realistic if no one had seen a baby in two decades. The older I get, the more this scene gets to me.

This also had a more realistic depiction of "the future"

I like it for the same reasons. One of my favorite dystopian movies. That scene does get more profound as one gets older.

just a scout
02-05-19, 15:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gOoBB_BxRM

I feel stupider for having watched that clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Firefly
02-05-19, 16:48

I tried to watch an actual episode one night.

It requires a severe lack of disbelief.
Basically...

Rich white men bad
Women victims
Dudes will willingly be eunuchs because rich white men say so
Rich white men bad
Black dudes try reason and poetry to save enslaved white wahmen because only black dudes understand slavery
Rich white men kill black dudes with machine guns
Rich white women bad because they are married to rich white men

Men are bad

Orange Man Bad

It could happen any day now under a Trump Presidency don’t you know....

AndyLate
02-05-19, 19:46

That is literally how I pictured our country if Killery Klinton won.

morbidbattlecry
02-05-19, 20:19
A Handmaid's Tale, V For Vendetta sorta. Any sort of Authoritarian fiction would probably count. Though i can't think of anymore right off hand.

SteyrAUG
02-05-19, 21:00

The movie was better than the series.

Bruce in WV
02-07-19, 21:03
Did a simple search on Amazon using "ANTIFA" as the search word. Sorted by average reader rating to see what is selling best (presumably to true believers, neophytes, and wannabes), and these are very close to the top of the list. Taken from the perspective of understanding the enemy, graphic novels, comics, and academic books give the reader good info on strategies, tactics, motivation, etc. I don't see anything like I originally posted - novels - but they might be buried further down the list.
558485584955850 55851

Bruce in WV
02-09-19, 15:04
Found this set of novels on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MW9W5ZY/ref=series_rw_dp_sw), and the writeup suggests that its what I've been looking for.

"REVOLUTION, NOW!

Fifteen years ago, revolution swept across Europe. In Britain, Valeri Kovalenko’s mother and father died taking part, their revolution failing, but their deaths not to be in vain. Now, Valeri and the working men of Britain face a crisis worse than anyone before them, with the rich freely looting and plundering the country’s wealth while the people live under the oppression of unemployment, violence, and death. It seems capitalism has finally failed. But not all is lost. There is another way. Pushed to the brink of starvation, Valeri finally realizes what must be done.

In the working-class parts of London, there’s revolution in the offing again. After living for their whole lives in a world of poverty and despair, men like Valeri have been pushed until they have only one choice: rise!

Part future history, part warning on the folly of our times, Apocalypse Rising foretells a spectacular war not only on the battlefields of some foreign county but in the streets of our own cities, through crisis, terror, and a cataclysmic devastation the likes of which the world has never seen. Equal parts prophecy and premise, Apocalypse Rising is the first in a series of novels about a revolution to come."

Bruce in WV
02-10-19, 20:39
...and a tongue-in-cheek YouTube Liberal prepper:

https://youtu.be/fnikZ6QdmVk

duece71
02-11-19, 12:15
1984 by George Orwell. The ultimate horror for the entire world. Read the book several times, the movie watched half a dozen. The leftists ultimate goal, cheering all the way to it.