PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota to allow conceal carry without permit

1_click_off
02-05-19, 14:17
Permits still issued for those that want reciprocity to other states.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/02/south-dakota-is-the-latest-state-to-allow-concealed-handguns-to-be-carried-without-a-permit/

Not bad for her first law to sign after taking office. We can only hope other states will follow.

TomMcC
02-05-19, 16:11
Good for her and them.

flenna
02-05-19, 18:27
TN is very 2nd Amendment friendly and is a shall issue state but I wish we would go to permitless carry. Heck, most everyone I know has a permit but I think permitless would just be the icing on the cake.

AndyLate
02-05-19, 19:40
In the linked article, an anti gun organization said "said 84 percent of South Dakota voters, including 85 percent of South Dakota gun owners, back a permit to carry a concealed handgun in public."

With a shameless twist of facts/liberal logic they imply that 84% of SD voters disagree with permitless carry. The truth is that 84% agree with allowing concealed carry.

The writer also interviewed the only person they could find who doesn't like the new law.

When I was a SD resident, an 8 year permit cost $12 and your receipt served as the permit until it came in the mail. Good times...