PDA

View Full Version : Which would you sell? Colt or BCM?

Krp7894
02-05-19, 15:06
Hypothetical question for now. Having just bought a KAC SR15 MOD2 I’m debating selling my LE6920 which I’ve had for 6 years or my BCM 14.5”. If you had to sell one which would it be and why? Both extremely reliable rifles IMO.

And I did sell my custom Spikes with the punisher lower (I assembled the lower) to a friend.

Doc Safari
02-05-19, 15:07
I think the Colt will hold its value better long term. I would actually hold onto both until there's another "panic."

RHINOWSO
02-05-19, 15:08
Are they used?

Realize the market is soft as hell, but at least you have quality rifles.

I have both a 6920 and a BCM. It would be a tough one but likely I'd let the Colt go because my BCM is a midlength and I prefer that.

Hammer_Man
02-05-19, 15:29
Unless there is a pressing need to sell one off, I would just keep both.

MorphCross
02-05-19, 15:31
My hypothetical answer would be "whichever I shoot more frequently due to subjective standards" would be the keeper.

lowprone
02-05-19, 15:35
Neither

grizzman
02-05-19, 15:41
It's a lousy time to sell ARs. I'd personally keep both of them for now.

I keep a carry handle rear sight on my 6920, cause everybody should have one like it. It works well for teaching newbs how to run a traditional iron sighted AR.

In what configuration is the BCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjacobs
02-05-19, 15:53
BCM...

When prices go back up(they will at some point), the Colt will be worth FAR FAR more than a BCM.

I think in 2012 6920's were selling for 3000+... During that same time I bought a BCM brand new with a 13" KMR rail for 1500 bucks.

mark5pt56
02-05-19, 16:02
It's nothing to do with quality, simply brand recognition. If you can afford to, just keep both. Get a $5 gun sock from Walmart and stretch it over each and stick in the safe if you intend on selling one day.

Straight Shooter
02-05-19, 16:04
In a year & a half from now- your gonna wish you had waited to sell, or wish you'd had kept it one.

hypno02
02-05-19, 16:14
In a year & a half from now- your gonna wish you had waited to sell, or wish you'd had kept it one.

This. Bad bad time to sell.

Good time to buy $350 PSA's and double your return on them come election time.

Pappabear
02-05-19, 16:21
It’s not a bad time to sell.. Atrocious time to sell. Keep both unless your broke. Sack up and sell later..

Keep the Colt unless you prefer one. Or put them both up and sell whatever sells.

PB

markm
02-05-19, 17:09
Sell both. All you need is one gun and one clip!

Iraqgunz
02-05-19, 17:15
You'll get nailed trying to offload those now.

Chris42393
02-05-19, 17:57
Id personally sell the BCM. BUT if you don't have to sell it, I wouldn't. Stuff isnt looking good for the future (just my opinion).

Krp7894
02-05-19, 18:03
It's a lousy time to sell ARs. I'd personally keep both of them for now.

I keep a carry handle rear sight on my 6920, cause everybody should have one like it. It works well for teaching newbs how to run a traditional iron sighted AR.

In what configuration is the BCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BCM is a 14.5” SOCOM upper with a fixed front sight and delta ring. I put a KAC RAS rail on it. It’s also got the gunfighter LPK in it.

flenna
02-05-19, 18:30
Good time to buy $350 PSA's and double your return on them come election time.

You know that is a pretty good idea.

titsonritz
02-05-19, 18:37
It's time to buy, not sell.

ViniVidivici
02-05-19, 22:20
I would also say just keep both, we don't know what the future holds.

If I were you snd HAD to sell one, for financial reasons, I'd sell the one that would get me the most cash.

But all things being equal, I'd keep whichever one I'd trained with, shot, and carried the most.

MSW
02-06-19, 07:32
As many noted in this market, hold both if you can. During the next panic, I would sell the Colt if your plan is to own working guns. BCM is better if CS is needed; Colt, meh.

Colt will hold value better than BCM in 20 years, assuming we can still own ARs.

TMS951
02-06-19, 07:46
Just another person here to say don’t sell either and if you were going to sell one sell the BCM.

The BCM likely a ‘better’ rifle, however it does not have over a century of history like colt. 20 years from now people will know about Colt. Unless they were the high end AR game now, they won’t remember BCM in 20 years. Some one born today will come know of a Colt AR15 in 20 years.

Now for a question you didn’t ask? Which one do you not shoot? The Colt. Shoot that BCM make it your beater/training gun. Make that KAC your #1 goto. Take that Colt, clean it. Find as much original packaging, papers and accessories and put it away and forget about it. Kind like you sold, but just stuck it in the back of the closet to apreciate.

Krp7894
02-06-19, 08:24
Just another person here to say don’t sell either and if you were going to sell one sell the BCM.

The BCM likely a ‘better’ rifle, however it does not have over a century of history like colt. 20 years from now people will know about Colt. Unless they were the high end AR game now, they won’t remember BCM in 20 years. Some one born today will come know of a Colt AR15 in 20 years.

Now for a question you didn’t ask? Which one do you not shoot? The Colt. Shoot that BCM make it your beater/training gun. Make that KAC your #1 goto. Take that Colt, clean it. Find as much original packaging, papers and accessories and put it away and forget about it. Kind like you sold, but just stuck it in the back of the closet to apreciate.

That’s a great point. I mainly shoot the Colt but that’s only because it’s got an Aimpoint PRO on it and I’ve had it the longest since it’s my second AR. My first was a SW MP15 which I’ve sold about 5 years ago. I honestly would’ve thought the order would go Colt<BCM<KAC but it makes perfect sense since the colt is basically the only “authentic” or traditional AR15.

Gtorq21
02-06-19, 08:38
Not to go on tangent but I've been looking into KAC. How do you like it and what made you buy it when you have a bcm and Colt.

Krp7894
02-06-19, 08:50
Not to go on tangent but I've been looking into KAC. How do you like it and what made you buy it when you have a bcm and Colt.

I sold my Spikes ST15 which i assembled the lower on and honestly hated the weight of it. I wanted another light weight rifle and I wanted something that was top of the line. I’ve always seen how popular the KAC is and heard it’s like shooting a toy gun which I liked. I’ve also bought a lot of KAC parts over the years and really wanted to get one eventually but I’ve never seen one around here in NY. I took the opportunity when I was able to get about $400 off through Brownells and pulled the trigger. Ships today for $2042 and I can’t wait to try it.

Gtorq21
02-06-19, 09:56
I sold my Spikes ST15 which i assembled the lower on and honestly hated the weight of it. I wanted another light weight rifle and I wanted something that was top of the line. I’ve always seen how popular the KAC is and heard it’s like shooting a toy gun which I liked. I’ve also bought a lot of KAC parts over the years and really wanted to get one eventually but I’ve never seen one around here in NY. I took the opportunity when I was able to get about $400 off through Brownells and pulled the trigger. Ships today for $2042 and I can’t wait to try it.

How were you able to get the $400 off?

RHINOWSO
02-06-19, 10:03
How were you able to get the $400 off?

Brownells had a 10% off recently and it applied to sale items as well, so maybe that's how.

Krp7894
02-06-19, 10:33
Brownells had a 10% off recently and it applied to sale items as well, so maybe that's how.

Sale price for the rifle was roughly $2258 plus 10% off made it $2032 then they charge $10 FFL processing. My FFL charges me $25 for the transfer here in NY. Of course my order was on hold till I sent them LEO credentials.

grizzlyblake
02-06-19, 12:15

This post makes a ton of sense. I've been waffling on ordering either a Colt 6960 or a Sionics 3E for my little boy to own one day when he's old enough. This same logic has me quagmired because the Sionics is probably nicer to shoot and their customer service is top notch. Will anyone know what a Sionics rifle is in twenty years? As stated above, everyone will always know what a Colt is.

To the OP, yeah, if you're financially able to keep the Colt and the BCM I'd do so. If you have to sell one to get some cash and plan to hang on to the other for many years I'd say sell the BCM and keep the Colt. Even if you're shooting it and all it'll still be a Colt in twenty years.

scottryan
02-06-19, 12:44
Sell both and buy a LE6933

Gtorq21
02-06-19, 12:53
Sale price for the rifle was roughly $2258 plus 10% off made it $2032 then they charge $10 FFL processing. My FFL charges me $25 for the transfer here in NY. Of course my order was on hold till I sent them LEO credentials.

Dang guess I missed that deal. The only thing about some of the KAC that bothers me just from observation is that they out what appears to be an A2 grip on a 2k gun

Krp7894
02-06-19, 13:09
Dang guess I missed that deal. The only thing about some of the KAC that bothers me just from observation is that they out what appears to be an A2 grip on a 2k gun

The one I ordered comes with the Magpul MOE+

snackgunner
02-06-19, 13:15
Sell both and buy a LE6933

This

And put a SLR Rifleworks 10.75" ION MID rail on it

JediGuy
02-06-19, 16:25
And put a SLR Rifleworks 10.75" ION MID rail on it

This made me laugh.

snackgunner
02-06-19, 16:28
This made me laugh.

why??

JediGuy
02-06-19, 19:58
Thought process:

That’s an awfully specific handguard... Wait a second, didn’t someone have that exact thing in the EE? “Lol”

It was not an insult.

snackgunner
02-06-19, 20:05
Thought process:

That’s an awfully specific handguard... Wait a second, didn’t someone have that exact thing in the EE? “Lol”

It was not an insult.

Amazing rail. Im only selling it to pay for my gastric bypass surgery.

officerX
02-06-19, 21:54
As many have stated, if you’re not hurting for the money keep both until the market is better. Then, sell the Colt.

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

mark5pt56
02-07-19, 06:23
I would advise to buy more stock name brand guns like the Colt, etc. Treat it as an investment with a return unmatched by anything known. The way I see it if it goes bad, 2 Colts today equals an AIAX later. Buy three so you still have one, more if you can.

.45fmjoe
02-07-19, 19:54
The one I ordered comes with the Magpul MOE+

Mine came with a MOE SL.

Eurodriver
02-07-19, 20:06
I would advise to buy more stock name brand guns like the Colt, etc. Treat it as an investment with a return unmatched by anything known. The way I see it if it goes bad, 2 Colts today equals an AIAX later. Buy three so you still have one, more if you can.

Mark is wise. Mark is going to Valhalla.

Mark is surely gonna be rich as **** under President Kamala.

Krp7894
02-07-19, 20:08
Mine came with a MOE SL.

I stand corrected, I think it’s the SL. I have the + on my LE6920 and love it.

01svtL
02-08-19, 01:33
Keep the Colt

Krp7894
02-08-19, 10:15
I’ve certainly made up my mind to keep both. Although I have no plans to sell the Colt either I plan to shoot the BCM more than the colt. With the KAC getting to my ffl sometime today I plan to shoot that a heavy amount since all I hear is how much abuse they can withstand without being cleaned. Very excited for it.

SouthwestAviator
02-08-19, 11:21
I’ve certainly made up my mind to keep both. Although I have no plans to sell the Colt either I plan to shoot the BCM more than the colt. With the KAC getting to my ffl sometime today I plan to shoot that a heavy amount since all I hear is how much abuse they can withstand without being cleaned. Very excited for it.

Good call. Between the two I'd sell the BCM and keep the Colt but in this market it's better to hold onto both. Come election season, prices will be higher most likely.

3 AE
02-08-19, 22:11
You've have in your possession three positively solid carbines with an impeccable track record of getting the job done. And yet you feel it necessary to ask us which one of two to get rid of. There must me something(s) in all of your possessions that you can sell to net you around $700-$1000. You know, like your least favorite kid, wife's engagement ring, mother-in-law's car, oldest kid's college fund, neighbor's dog, sperm bank deposits, blood bank deposits, etc., etc., something along those lines! :)

Krp7894
02-09-19, 00:23
You've have in your possession three positively solid carbines with an impeccable track record of getting the job done. And yet you feel it necessary to ask us which one of two to get rid of. There must me something(s) in all of your possessions that you can sell to net you around $700-$1000. You know, like your least favorite kid, wife's engagement ring, mother-in-law's car, oldest kid's college fund, neighbor's dog, sperm bank deposits, blood bank deposits, etc., etc., something along those lines! :)

Haha, it’s more so that I can justify buying all the gear and guns not that I can’t afford it. But I did sell off quite a bit of stuff which don’t belong in my gun safe which is a plus.

Buncheong
02-09-19, 18:38
Keep both.

I fear that three years from now, we will all regret pieces that we sold.

01svtL
02-09-19, 18:48
Keep both.

I fear you will be correct.

Krp7894
02-09-19, 21:08
Keep both.

Don’t tell me that. Now I’ll end up going out and grabbing another lower.

mark5pt56
02-10-19, 06:04
It is what it is folks, like it or not. Bottom line, if you know it will happen at least try to make it worth something to you. This "market" funded an entire year of a major university for my daughter, that's something to think about. I'm telling you right now, sell that bro dozer, drive a Civic, buy a Colt, etc every other month and thank me later. Unlike the money market, that Colt bought today will not drop in value. We seem to run in about a 6-8 year cycle with these things. Unfortunately that will change one day and it will be like Full Auto's thereafter with higher stakes.

Hammer_Man
02-10-19, 10:00
It is what it is folks, like it or not. Bottom line, if you know it will happen at least try to make it worth something to you. This "market" funded an entire year of a major university for my daughter, that's something to think about. I'm telling you right now, sell that bro dozer, drive a Civic, buy a Colt, etc every other month and thank me later. Unlike the money market, that Colt bought today will not drop in value. We seem to run in about a 6-8 year cycle with these things. Unfortunately that will change one day and it will be like Full Auto's thereafter with higher stakes.

Yup. I feel we are in for some rough times within the next decade...