PDA

View Full Version : How about some quality 24-30 rd S&W M&P mags?

Ron3
02-08-19, 07:56
I haven't seen any.

I'm thinking about getting a compact or full-size 9mm pistol and would like the option of big magazines.

The M&P 2.0 would be my top choice. 2nd choice a Beretta M9A1. No Glocks.

The only other gun with such mags is the Cz75 series. (I think)

Arik
02-08-19, 08:39
ProMag makes one but it is ProMag!

Honestly, I don't get the point

Blackhalo
02-08-19, 09:17
ETS m&p mags are coming. Not sure what size are scheduled for release though.

MegademiC
02-08-19, 09:40
Ive used a 170mm taylor freelance baseplate + spring and it was 100% reliable until the spring got worn out.
If you keep springs on hand id say they are good to go.
Fwiw i topped mine off every time, squeezed 28 in on occasion. If youkeep it to 25-26, it would probably last longer.

Zirk208
02-08-19, 10:49
Taran Tactical makes extensions for the M&P mags. No experience with them though.

Inkslinger
02-08-19, 10:57
I have Taylor Freelance and Taran Tactical extended baseplates. My only gripe is they make my pistol auto forward. Anyone else have that problem?

02-08-19, 17:26
If you are looking at the M9a1 for the purpose of big mags, I must warn you that all my MecGar 18’s and 20’s sometimes fail to lock back on empty in all my M9a1’s. The 17rnd factory mags have been flawless. Fantastic weapon. I have not tried any really big mags, though. Just what is legal for Limited.

M9a1 compacts can be hard to find.

In the PX4 20’s have worked well if you want to consider that as a third option.

Uni-Vibe
02-08-19, 18:37
Might consider carrying such a mag when you're out on the road. Give you a bit more firepower in case highwaymen accost you in the middle of nowhere.

Ron3
02-09-19, 09:29
If you are looking at the M9a1 for the purpose of big mags, I must warn you that all my MecGar 18’s and 20’s sometimes fail to lock back on empty in all my M9a1’s. The 17rnd factory mags have been flawless. Fantastic weapon. I have not tried any really big mags, though. Just what is legal for Limited.

M9a1 compacts can be hard to find.

In the PX4 20’s have worked well if you want to consider that as a third option.

I had an m9a1 compact. Sold it because it was an FS. About a year Beretta releases the G conversion. Doh!

I had a Px4. It worked great, but trigger wasn't great and the grip very smooth. I sold it to a buddy who wanted it. Tried to buy it back but he wont sell. I did the G conversion on that one. Sold him the factory 20 rd mags, too.

02-09-19, 09:37
I had an m9a1 compact. Sold it because it was an FS. About a year Beretta releases the G conversion. Doh!

I had a Px4. It worked great, but trigger wasn't great and the grip very smooth. I sold it to a buddy who wanted it. Tried to buy it back but he wont sell. I the G conversion on that one. Sold him the factory 20 rd mags, too.

I like the “competition” trigger with Langdon 12lb spring, Stealth levers, Talon grips. Its a bit of a “rolling” break, though. You might prefer a Langdon TJIAB to get it good and crisp. I’m mainly pushing the PX4 because you already have an interest in Beretta DA/SA guns. Its a great gun, just not for everyone, though. And once you make those common mods, its not a cheap gun anymore.

Ron3
02-09-19, 09:43
I like the “competition” trigger with Langdon 12lb spring, Stealth levers, Talon grips. Its a bit of a “rolling” break, though. You might prefer a Langdon TJIAB to get it good and crisp. I’m mainly pushing the PX4 because you already have an interest in Beretta DA/SA guns. Its a great gun, just not for everyone, though. And once you make those common mods, its not a cheap gun anymore.

I probably should have kept it. I try out guns and move on too fast sometimes.

I did reduce the the hammer spring a couple pounds, make it a G, install the extended mag release, and still my Cheetah and Ruger LCR's had better triggers.

I also expected really low recoil / muzzle flip but it felt like a cross between an m9 and a Glock 17 iirc. Not especially light recoil or anything like that.