PDA

View Full Version : SIG wins Indian Army contract...

Slater
02-08-19, 10:26
...for at least part of their requirement. Guess they're partial to 7.62mm:

"India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) will acquire 72,400 assault rifles for the Indian Army (IA) from small arms manufacturer SIG Sauer for an estimated USD72 million.

Senior IA officers told Jane’s on 3 February that Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had authorised the procurement of SIG Sauer’s SIG716 7.62×51 mm rifle in late January under the MoD’s Fast Track Procedure (FTP) after the company’s bid of USD990 per rifle emerged as ‘L1’, or the lowest among those submitted by three competing vendors.

Abu Dhabi’s Caracal International had priced its CAR817 rifle at USD1,200 per unit, while Israel Weapon Industries set a price of USD1,600 for each of its ACE1 models, according to industry sources."

https://www.janes.com/article/86149/indian-mod-approves-procurement-of-72-400-sig-sauer-rifles-for-ia

AKDoug
02-08-19, 11:25
Sucks when you leave $200 per unit on the table...

Averageman
02-08-19, 12:32
I want to know how I can get a job at the Customer Service help line for those poor Indian Soldiers?
Turn about being fair play, I'm sure they wont understand a damned word I'm saying.

sundance435
02-08-19, 13:42
And it's already 50% "Made in India". They will probably still end up with all 3 rifles.

Honu
02-08-19, 15:46
I want to know how I can get a job at the Customer Service help line for those poor Indian Soldiers?
Turn about being fair play, I'm sure they wont understand a damned word I'm saying.

and you can answer with a indian name :) hello my name is Reyansh how may I help you

Business_Casual
02-08-19, 16:38
Their land borders are in mountains, hence the larger cartridge, eh?

Firefly
02-08-19, 16:45

Part of me likes to think there are blond white dudes named Skyler who are owning and operating convenience stores in Mumbai. I know that isn’t so, but it would be awesome.

Same for Korea....do they have Rooftop Americans?

These questions keep me up at night.

JoshNC
02-08-19, 20:20
SIG didn’t win the contract, it was SigSauer USA. Veeeery different animals.

SteyrAUG
02-08-19, 20:44
Part of me likes to think there are blond white dudes named Skyler who are owning and operating convenience stores in Mumbai. I know that isn’t so, but it would be awesome.

Same for Korea....do they have Rooftop Americans?

These questions keep me up at night.

Yes they do, they're called Camp Casey, Hovey and Castle.

SteyrAUG
02-08-19, 20:50
SIG didn’t win the contract, it was SigSauer USA. Veeeery different animals.

No kidding. But I don't think you are going to get Sig San for $990. They'd have had to gone with that Abu Dabu contraption, interesting that they didn't get a price break from the Izzie's since they are as likely as anyone to face off against the Muhammed Brigades. India can hold a lot of Opfor in place in the event of complete middle east breakout. It was where the Japanese CIB campaign ran into a serious wall in 1944.

Dr. Bullseye
02-08-19, 21:18

You are a genius! Where do you sign up for that customer service job? I want revenge.

Buncheong
02-09-19, 00:46
I thought Caracal got the contract.

No?