PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR vs Centurion Upper Receiver

01svtL
02-09-19, 18:52
For 3-gun and carbine class use. All around battle rifle. Which one?

Steve-0-
02-10-19, 02:58
IMO, any in spec M4 Upper will be more then adequate given your reqs

Unless you really want gucci aesthetics that is.

Stickman
02-10-19, 10:43
For 3-gun and carbine class use. All around battle rifle. Which one?

Either will work well, the Vltor offers a bit more structural rigidity, which doesn’t sound like it would make a difference for your uses (or most anyone else).

01svtL
02-10-19, 13:38
Awesome thanks.

Firefly
02-10-19, 14:41
Either will work well, the Vltor offers a bit more structural rigidity, which doesn’t sound like it would make a difference for your uses (or most anyone else).

Nothing here I disagree with but I like Vltor for my contemporary builds.

It’s worth it to me. I wouldn’t go out of my way for one though.

Stickman
02-10-19, 15:31
Nothing here I disagree with but I like Vltor for my contemporary builds.

It’s worth it to me. I wouldn’t go out of my way for one though.

There is no question, the Vltor uppers are heavily reinforced receivers. I own multiples, and have no plans to swap them out.

Hemoglobin
02-10-19, 19:58
There is no question, the Vltor uppers are heavily reinforced receivers. I own multiples, and have no plans to swap them out.

I don't worry if I'm buying an upper or a complete rifle. If I'm piecing one together I go ahead and get the Vltor. I guess, also, the ounces is pounds crowd may disagree.

edit: typo

snackgunner
02-10-19, 20:25
could a vltor mur for example help with possible barrel flex, say on a URG with longer barrel and silencer? since the mur would make the setup more sturdy. or if you drop the URG the mur could have its benefits as well?

01svtL
02-10-19, 20:50
I don't worry if I'm buying an upper or a complete rifle. If I'm piecing one together I go ahead and get the Vltor. I guess, also, the ounces is pounds crowd may disagree.

edit: typo

Still not even the heaviest. My Seekins SP223 upper is 10.2 OZ.

01svtL
02-10-19, 20:52
I’ve read there are rail/handguard considerations with the VLTOR. Is there a known list of specifically what will not work?

MorphCross
02-10-19, 21:04
I’ve read there are rail/handguard considerations with the VLTOR. Is there a known list of specifically what will not work?
I can't speak of what won't work but I can tell you that the C4 Quad and the BCM KMR-A/KMR/QRF/MCMR will all work.

Rayrevolver
02-11-19, 21:15

Also KAC 45 offset buis rears won't fit the MUR. I am 60% sure the magpul pro offset rears don't fit either...

Hemoglobin
02-11-19, 21:23
Also KAC 45 offset buis rears won't fit the MUR. I am 60% sure the magpul pro offset rears don't fit either...

no clue on the offset irons. Never cared. I've run Midwest gen 2, cmr gen 1 and cmr mlok. Honestly, short maybe the Noveske rail no one cares about,at this point, I've never heard of a rail not working. Though, I do not look for it specifically.

01svtL
02-11-19, 21:57
Yea I communicated directly with them today and they said several years ago there was a slight redesign and since then, the uppers are compatible with just about any rail on the market today. I am tempted to pick up the no-FA upper now.

opngrnd
02-11-19, 22:05
Mk8 and Mk14 Geissele rails work with the current MUR, in my experience, as do the ALG rails.

Whenever I build an upper, I buy a MUR. If I'm buying an URG like a 6920 upper, I don't sweat it