PDA

View Full Version : Geissele Trigger with....

snackgunner
02-10-19, 15:43
Will any standard milspec trigger spring work with a Geissele ssa/g2s/sd-c trigger?

I bought a used G trigger and think I the person swapped the springs out on me. I got hosed

vicious_cb
02-10-19, 16:09
I would not. The fire control group springs are specific to G, I believe they are actually stronger than mil-spec. The back up springs I got from G were actually color coded to differentiate use in SSA vs SSA-E triggers, yes they are that specific. So I wouldnt even mix springs from different trigger lines within G so I wouldnt even think about doing it with random USGI springs.

snackgunner
02-10-19, 16:32
ok let me break this down

if someone sent me a package of a geissele g2s FCG and the trigger springs were milspec springs, and not the springs that geissele provides, and I installed it , would the trigger still work/operate?

vicious_cb
02-10-19, 16:34
ok let me break this down

if someone sent me a package of a geissele g2s FCG and the trigger springs were milspec springs, and not the springs that geissele provides, and I installed it , would the trigger still work/operate?

It would, but again G springs are stronger/stiffer than mil-spec. I would not be surpised if you started having light primer strikes with that combo. I would call G customer service right away and get the right springs.

Hammer_Man
02-10-19, 16:45
You can order the correct spring/hardware kits directly from Geissele's website.

opngrnd
02-10-19, 17:11
I bought a G trigger from the E&E once that looked very strange spring wise. But it tested out perfectly and measured identical to the SSA-E I already had.

ALCOAR
02-10-19, 17:29
G will hook you up with new springs. Just call them up, and tell them the story.

sig1473
02-10-19, 18:33
A new spring kit for the G2S costs a whole $12.
https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-g2s-parts-kit.html

GH41
02-11-19, 08:56
Will any standard milspec trigger spring work with a Geissele ssa/g2s/sd-c trigger?

I bought a used G trigger and think I the person swapped the springs out on me. I got hosed

The G2S springs are black and there is that weird hammer pin retaining spring/clip. https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-trigger.html Scroll down and hit the instructions link. Good pic of what they look like.

Wake27
02-11-19, 08:58
G will hook you up with new springs. Just call them up, and tell them the story.

Agreed. I'd reach out to them. Best case, they send them to you for free. Worst case, they give you the link to buy the kit yourself.

nightchief
02-11-19, 09:38
I have a couple of SSA triggers that have come with what appear to be mil spec hammer springs. The earlier triggers I acquired (around 2013) have a black, thinner wire, hammer spring. Like several others have mentioned, contacting Geissele and asking them about the springs is the thing to do. Whenever I have called them with a question or issue, they've always answered the phone and been helpful.

snackgunner
02-11-19, 09:38
Thanks guys