PDA

View Full Version : Arizona --- Here come the gun grabbers !!!!!!

tb-av
02-12-19, 13:39
Retired astronaut Mark Kelly to run as Democrat for John McCain's Senate seat in 2020

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/retired-astronaut-mark-kelly-to-run-as-democrat-for-john-mccains-senate-seat-in-2020/ar-BBTu7su?OCID=ansmsnnews11

BoringGuy45
02-12-19, 13:55
Oh yeah, the guy who, in the midst of campaigning to ban "assault weapons", was caught buying an AR-15 for himself, and then was all, "Oh, um...this? Oh, I was just, you know, trying to prove that it's too easy to buy one of these things, and then I was going to turn it over to the police..."

Firefly
02-12-19, 14:23
Oh look, more Left Coasties. Wee..

Pappabear
02-12-19, 14:37
Oh yeah, the guy who, in the midst of campaigning to ban "assault weapons", was caught buying an AR-15 for himself, and then was all, "Oh, um...this? Oh, I was just, you know, trying to prove that it's too easy to buy one of these things, and then I was going to turn it over to the police..."

I never caught that story. Just wow

PB

turnburglar
02-12-19, 16:04

That dude is like a personal hero of mine (all Astro are). I really hope the republican party isnt sleeping at the wheel like they usually do. It will be hard to vote against him.

glocktogo
02-12-19, 16:09

That dude is like a personal hero of mine (all Astro are). I really hope the republican party isnt sleeping at the wheel like they usually do. It will be hard to vote against him.

It shouldn't be. :(

mack7.62
02-12-19, 16:10
Yeah I used to think MaCain was a hero too, maybe he was but he turned into a real POS.

themonk
02-12-19, 16:39
Yeah I used to think MaCain was a hero too, maybe he was but he turned into a real POS.

There is a difference between being a hero / serving your country and everything else in life. I will go out of my way to pay my respect for the latter but that doesn't mean you know how to run a business or you should be a senator or president.

Honu
02-12-19, 17:09
I never caught that story. Just wow

PB

was even more funny cause the dealer denied him !!!! hahahahaha

SeriousStudent
02-12-19, 18:52
was even more funny cause the dealer denied him !!!! hahahahaha

Correct. The store recognized him and said "Es no bueno".

BoringGuy45
02-12-19, 21:11
There is a difference between being a hero / serving your country and everything else in life. I will go out of my way to pay my respect for the latter but that doesn't mean you know how to run a business or you should be a senator or president.

Exactly. While great accomplishments and acts of heroism are deserving of respect, honor, and gratitude, it doesn't mean that they're granted a lifetime exemption from criticism. It also doesn't mean that they can't do and say stuff later in life that overshadows earlier heroics.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-12-19, 21:14
The only American unable to get an AR15 in the history of the country. Went to space, left his head in the clouds, sounds like a great politician to me.

SteyrAUG
02-13-19, 00:37

Well here is some more bad news, the guy who gave us the 1968 Gun Control Act, which included the "sporter clause" which is used like a magic wand to ban from importation any firearm ATF deems "icky" was championed by John Glenn.

Pro–gun control advocates mobilized and constructed an effective pro–gun control pressure group called the Emergency Committee for Gun Control. The bipartisan organization was headed by Colonel John H. Glenn, Jr., a former astronaut and friend of Senator Robert Kennedy.

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/12/john-glenns-heroic-legacy-dimmed-by-his-support-for-gun-control/

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-13-19, 01:59

There is Chuck Yeager and a bunch of guys that can be replaced by a monkey or robots...

glocktogo
02-13-19, 10:07
There is Chuck Yeager and a bunch of guys that can be replaced by a monkey or robots...

I'm more of a Robin Olds guy myself. Brains and balls in a single unit.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-13-19, 10:38
I'm more of a Robin Olds guy myself. Brains and balls in a single unit.

OK, I guess everyone needs a wingman. Besides the awkward image you paint, he also had 30s film star worthy moustache, and a silly stupid hot wife.

tb-av
02-13-19, 10:50
Exactly. While great accomplishments and acts of heroism are deserving of respect, honor, and gratitude, it doesn't mean that they're granted a lifetime exemption from criticism. It also doesn't mean that they can't do and say stuff later in life that overshadows earlier heroics.

True and I'll go a step further. the reality is, he is doing this for Gabby Giffords because she can't. I suggest that she can no longer be unbiased by any stretch of the imagination AND that due to her brain injury she may not have the means to fully comprehend all that is necessary. So it's the same thing. I'm sorry she got shot, I may not have liked her when she was in office but at least she had been voted in and was as sane as any other politician. That does not mean that now that she has been a victim that she has a keener view on the subject. I would suggest she has a narrower and far less reasonable view on the issues.

I hope AZ can muster up the votes to shut them down. If they are as smart as they claim to be, they know the game they are playing. I say pull no punches. He's not running to be an astronaut. He's running so his wife can have control over guns and feel some sense of closure and justice at the expense of The Constitution and all US Americans.

Co-gnARR
02-13-19, 11:19
True and I'll go a step further. the reality is, he is doing this for Gabby Giffords because she can't. I suggest that she can no longer be unbiased by any stretch of the imagination AND that due to her brain injury she may not have the means to fully comprehend all that is necessary. So it's the same thing. I'm sorry she got shot, I may not have liked her when she was in office but at least she had been voted in and was as sane as any other politician. That does not mean that now that she has been a victim that she has a keener view on the subject. I would suggest she has a narrower and far less reasonable view on the issues.

I hope AZ can muster up the votes to shut them down. If they are as smart as they claim to be, they know the game they are playing. I say pull no punches. He's not running to be an astronaut. He's running so his wife can have control over guns and feel some sense of closure and justice at the expense of The Constitution and all US Americans.
That’s the crux. Giffords and the Tucson event will be manipulated into the bleeding heart, “common sense” agenda. Anyone opposed will appear as mindless, bloodthirsty savages. Never mind the shooter red flagged as a mental health crisis and should never have been trusted to be out on his own. Let’s skip the fact that people who want to kill innocents will do so by any means possible. Sheep are sheep and need nannying.

Averageman
02-13-19, 12:39
Arizona has gone to hell in a handbasket ever since it was flooded by escaping Californians.

Grand58742
02-13-19, 13:19

Pulling a Paul Harvey here.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/politics/mark-kelly-ar-15/index.html

Kelly, the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords and an outspoken advocate for new gun control measures, had in recent interviews said he was buying the rifle to showcase what he said are unobtrusive background checks.

Doug MacKinlay, owner of Diamondback Police Supply, said it was Kelly's statements that caused him to stop the sale.

"I determined that it was in my company's best interest to terminate this transaction prior to his returning to my store to complete the Federal Form 4473 and NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System) required of Mr. Kelly before he could take possession of this firearm," MacKinlay posted on the Tuscon store's Facebook page Monday.

markm
02-13-19, 13:56
The dems stole 3 elections in November with loads of "provisional ballots" in AZ. 3 elections that were being led by the Republican Candidate were lost on provisional ballots. Dem victories were declared before any of the sketchy ballots could have conceivably been verified.

It is f$%king infuriating.

Honu
02-13-19, 17:46
The dems stole 3 elections in November with loads of "provisional ballots" in AZ. 3 elections that were being led by the Republican Candidate were lost on provisional ballots. Dem victories were declared before any of the sketchy ballots could have conceivably been verified.

in my best gang/hood voice

how else ya expect em to get what they want

Doc Safari
02-13-19, 17:49

Even in the part of New Mexico where I live people were questioning how all of the uncounted absentee and early voting ballots "just happened" to overwhelmingly be for the Democrat candidate for representative. The Republican candidate for representative in my district started out challenging the result but then changed her mind. I wonder who "got to her."

NWPilgrim
02-14-19, 12:35
About 20 years ago the Dems started a campaign to capture State Secretary slots, which control state elections. Seems to be paying off in the last 10 years or so.

SteveS
03-01-19, 20:41
Yeah I used to think MaCain was a hero too, maybe he was but he turned into a real POS.That is because TV educated you,

Buncheong
03-01-19, 21:15
AZ is going down the drain, it’s very easy to see. I’m considering leaving for the upper Midwest.

CA and NY people have ruined it, here.

lowprone
03-02-19, 16:08
Speaking of John McCain, Michell Malkin called on the Ghost of John McCain at CPAC, and hammered him, and many RINO's for their spinelessness.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Michelle+Malkin+ghost+of+John+McCain&atb=v141-2a_&ia=news

Listen, and understand. The Democrat Party is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

duece71
03-02-19, 18:10
That’s the crux. Giffords and the Tucson event will be manipulated into the bleeding heart, “common sense” agenda. Anyone opposed will appear as mindless, bloodthirsty savages. Never mind the shooter red flagged as a mental health crisis and should never have been trusted to be out on his own. Let’s skip the fact that people who want to kill innocents will do so by any means possible. Sheep are sheep and need nannying.

You mean to tell me all of the mass shootings we have had already haven't done this? Even the few that we had during Barrys administration?

Honu
03-02-19, 23:03
AZ is going down the drain, it’s very easy to see. I’m considering leaving for the upper Midwest.

CA and NY people have ruined it, here.
Not from AZ but lived here a bit
Kinda thought AZ was OK saw this
Made me think all the signs I think oh not here yet not that bad etc....
Maybe wishful hope thinking it’s not so bad but it is sadly
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/03/02/report-arizona-high-schoolers-punished-for-wearing-maga-clothing-on-usa-day/

Thinking maybe you’re right:)

We homeschool but wish that would have happened to my kids as I would never let that stand and hope those parents don’t

Our country is in serious trouble and really no place left we are the last stand

Buncheong
03-02-19, 23:15
Homeschooling was a wise move on your part. My nieces are in public school in an east coast blue state, and the state-approved curricular materials they bring home to my sister are appalling.

Told my sister that public schools are child abuse.