PDA

View Full Version : Sig 365 are the bugs worked out yet?

MAUSER202
02-12-19, 15:43
Been interested in one of these sine they came out. Anyone have experience with current production?

hotrodder636
02-12-19, 17:20
I too am interested in hearing about this.

Beat Trash
02-12-19, 17:27
Mine was built mid October.

Around 1,000 rounds through it. Zero issues. Primer drag is similar to what I see on my G43, Kahr PM9 and gen 1 Shield.

Mine is good to go as far as I’m concerned.

Cagemonkey
02-12-19, 17:53
This is what I have been told. I live in SIG Territory/Southern NH. The SIG Pro Shop is a couple of Miles away. Know a few former SIG Employees that work at a local Gun shop, So this is pretty informal and here say. Was thinking of getting one to replace my S&W Shield.

WickedWillis
02-12-19, 18:06
This is what I have been told. I live in SIG Territory/Southern NH. The SIG Pro Shop is a couple of Miles away. Know a few former SIG Employees that work at a local Gun shop, So this is pretty informal and here say. Was thinking of getting one to replace my S&W Shield.

What have you been told??

Cagemonkey
02-12-19, 19:19
What have you been told??No Specifics. Word is SIG fixed the earlier issues and that one individual I spoke to said he had a 1000 rounds through his. Nothing formal or documented. Would be nice if some respected/known trainers could verify. Sorry for the lack of specifics.

jschmitt08
02-12-19, 19:35
I've had two. First was a July build. I put around 600 rounds through it with no issues. My second is a January 2019 build. I have 800 rounds through it. I shot a mixture of Magtech, S&B, PMC (115 fmj) and Fed HST (124 +p and 147). Neither pistol has had a single malfunction. I sold the first one as the issues with early pistols scared me off.

Not that it matters but both guns passed the 1911 extractor test every time. They eject the brass strong too.

Raven Concealment also just released a Vanguard holster for it.

mark5pt56
02-13-19, 06:07
I have about half of the above point through mine and zero issues, no malfunctions or abnormal wear. Only fired Gold Dots, 124+p for defensive ammo. I fired a range rental before buying one and it never skipped a beat either. Rented it three times over a couple of months and fired 100-150 each time. Thing was dry as a sun bleached bone and still ran.

JimmyB62
02-13-19, 10:20
Build is May 2018 and it has the updates. 2500 rounds through mine without malfunction in my hands. Others shooting mine have had the slide fail to lock back, but they’re clearly holding the release down. This seems to be common (on many small guns) and there’s no way to know if it will happen until you shoot it with your grip. You can modify your grip to prevent it but I don’t like to have to do this (and I don’t have to on the P365). There are substantial drag marks on the primer but I’m not concerned and won’t be unless/until the striker tip breaks. This is a back up gun for me and I don’t shoot it like my primary so it won’t see more than 5k/yr and will likely go a long time. I haven’t heard many high round count reports.

halfmoonclip
02-13-19, 13:56
Mine is an October build, and it has run 100% on everything (even snakeshot!) except124 Gold Dot+p. I had one misfire (slightly out of battery, I think), and when they ran (and all did save the misfire), the gun had a half-hiccup before going completely into battery. It seemed the slide was cycling so violently that it might have been bouncing. It may be a break-in thing, and I find the non +p loads bunches easier to control. I have no trouble staying in the 9ring of a B29 half scale silhouette at 50', and it is such a great gun to get a sight picture and pull that really easy trigger. I'm someplace north of 500 rounds now, mostly my 1150' handloads.

I have no signs of battering or excess wear, so of course I have to worry about the firing pin issues. :rolleyes:
Moon

Pi3
02-13-19, 20:42
I got burned on one Sig already. Maybe next year I might try this. They have brilliant designs issued a couple of years too soon, Then issue recalls (voluntary??).
The ideal would be to get one, shoot it enough to be GTG. Then buy a second and shoot the snot out of it, saving the first for SD. Seems like a lot of problems show up at high round counts.

halfmoonclip
02-13-19, 21:35
I'm thinking very seriously of getting a second one, which is something I do when I really like a carry gun.
It's been a long time since I've liked a modern pistol so well (the G42 is a close 2nd), and it is everything I'd hoped the G43 would be.
Moon

Pi3
02-14-19, 07:50
I hesitate to get a striker fired pocket pistol without the glock gadget. I keep hoping the 365 will jar glock awake, getting them to come up with something with similar capacity. But it looks like the G43x is their response.

lsllc
02-14-19, 10:06
A good friend of mine has a brand new P365. I don’t know the exact date of manufacture. It was less than 300 rounds into its first outing, and it failed catastrophically.

He contacted Sig. Sig said they would fix it on his dime and blames the ammunition. Specifically, they stated it was “clearly a double charge”. I’m not sure that particular load could be double-charged. It appeared to me the round was fired out of battery. After Sig states it would be on his dime, he took a screw driver to wedge the slide open. It appears to need at minimum a new frame, new barrel, new slide, and new extractor assembly. Playing with the fun, I could hold it out of battery and the striker would fall with enough force I’m sure it would set off a primer out of battery. I’ve also noticed this is possible with the P320s I own, verifiable with the pencil test.

As much as I like the P365 on paper, it isn’t read for prime time. I would not trust my life to one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/bbbf778ab6d91565d3f0e25ed74703ad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/fb09dddb4c9403872f001cdf16fe1cf9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/561047e4f8e3c95a3c0afb2166b516ed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/749b10d41fc6d0b658cc04d4fba51367.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/dc25f43baf5aac8a385936530cfbf2fe.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/c9af59355597dc43be1129010df5e2b2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/a6b635b97a17fdb2a59c9cb5c900cbdf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/39f095a7fd2b25294cb7f76ebac15651.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halfmoonclip
02-14-19, 11:31
That is a mess. Left unstated; was it indeed a reload, either commercial or private?
It is a chance we reloaders face; if something blows up, we don't have a lot of choices.
I will concur that the P365 drops out of battery pretty quickly, which leads to the firing pin swipes on primers, but none of my brass has shown any signs of distortion.
Further, the one misfire I've had (124gr Gold Dot +p) was due to the gun bouncing slightly out of battery. It was of course factory, and simply didn't go off.
A buddy's M60 Smith grenaded (took off the top strap, cylinder in 3 pieces) with a reload that was never entirely diagnosed (Bullseye was used; Smith serviced said a double wouldn't do it and a triple wouldn't fit).
Smith, to their credit, did help him with a replacement.
As an aside, Bullseye has long been credited with 'detonation', an event linked to too little powder, rather than too much. But the event has never, to my knowledge, been recreated under lab conditions.
I buy my Bullseye by the 8lb keg.
Moon

lsllc
02-14-19, 11:34
This was factory new ammunition. He didn’t say what brand, but he does not reload or buy remanufactured. I believe he’s a big Fiocchi fan.

I do reload, and none of the loads I use are possible to double-charge. Undercharge is a concern with any powder.

I was surprised Sig was so quick to write him off. I had planned to purchase an M17 next month, but this has given me pause. I had high hopes for the P365, but now I’m glad I’m not typically an early adopter.

halfmoonclip
02-14-19, 11:39
This was factory new ammunition. He didn’t say what brand, but he does not reload or buy remanufactured. I believe he’s a big Fiocchi fan.

If it was indeed Fiocchi, then sure as hell, Sig and Fiocchi need to have a conversation.
Moon

halfmoonclip
02-14-19, 11:42
I hesitate to get a striker fired pocket pistol without the glock gadget. I keep hoping the 365 will jar glock awake, getting them to come up with something with similar capacity. But it looks like the G43x is their response.

Pi3, I'm a Glock fan as well, but they are hopelessly wedded to their steel/poly magazine, which leads to a thicker grip. They've sat on their hands with the 43, and the 43x doesn't solve the problem.
The 365 appears to be pocketable, tho' I'll use a pocket holster that protects the trigger.
Moon

Pi3
02-14-19, 13:15
Pi3, I'm a Glock fan as well, but they are hopelessly wedded to their steel/poly magazine, which leads to a thicker grip. They've sat on their hands with the 43, and the 43x doesn't solve the problem.
The 365 appears to be pocketable, tho' I'll use a pocket holster that protects the trigger.
Moon

I may just stick with a J-frame, But the Vickers G43 looks tempting.The 365 does demonstrate what is possible.
If quality control is spotty, the least a company can do is have good customer service. If both are lacking, we need to look elswhere. The west german sigs from the 80's were terrific, we know what Sig can do in theory.

hopetonbrown
02-14-19, 13:18
A good friend of mine has a brand new P365.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190214/bbbf778ab6d91565d3f0e25ed74703ad.jpg

Tell your friend to not point guns at himself.

lsllc
02-14-19, 14:34
Delete. Thanks

halfmoonclip
02-14-19, 23:13
Islic, been thinking about this; if the pictured kaboom was indeed with (documented) factory ammo from a reputable manufacturer (Fiocchi certainly qualifies), then there is something left unstated by your buddy.
Due respect to all, but gunmakers are spooky enough about their reps (and possible litigation); I'm having a hard time believing that Sig is simply stonewalling him in the matter. Did they even want the gun back for a looksee? How did the notion of a double charge even arise if he was using factory fodder?
Moon

lsllc
02-15-19, 06:29
I’m not sure what is left unstated? I didn’t specifically ask him what ammo was fired out of the pistol, but I know he doesn’t reload and typically Fiocchi is what he typically shoots.

What he said was that he called Sig, stated he believed it fired out of battery, the Sig rep got defensive and stated that it was impossible with the P365 design, and that it was likely a double charge. He sent the same photos to Sig as he sent me, and they told him “double charge”. The rep told him the repairs were to be out of pocket. I think he was mailing it out Monday of this past week.

Adrenaline_6
02-15-19, 07:27
If it truly was a double charge, he should take it up with the ammo manufacturer he was using. Somebody is at fault and it wasn't him. The ammo manufacturer will be able to tell what happened and know if it was a double or if it was fired out of battery. Once that is established, whoever is at fault will have to make it right.

CWM11B
02-15-19, 09:26
Islic, been thinking about this; if the pictured kaboom was indeed with (documented) factory ammo from a reputable manufacturer (Fiocchi certainly qualifies), then there is something left unstated by your buddy.
Due respect to all, but gunmakers are spooky enough about their reps (and possible litigation); I'm having a hard time believing that Sig is simply stonewalling him in the matter. Did they even want the gun back for a looksee? How did the notion of a double charge even arise if he was using factory fodder?
Moon

Not necessarily. In my former career it was my experience that anytime there was a catastrophic failure of a firearm, the manufacturer generally blamed the ammo, until inspection. We had a failure with a Sig years ago, and it was determined to be ammo related after the gun was examined. There is no way to determine the cause from pictures alone. Sig was a very different company back them, and a pleasure to deal with. I would expect nothing less than the response Islic mentioned from them today.

The notion of a double charge in factory ammunition is not out of the realm of possibility. Although rare (from reputable companies) they happen. I have seen overcharged, squibs, and improperly assembled ammunition from various makers.

Is LLC, if I were your friend, I'd be damned if I would accept that response from Sig, especially with the issues they have had of late. I'd send it to an independent testing lab, and once the cause was determined, I would seek restitution from whomever was responsible. Sig or the ammo company.

lsllc
02-15-19, 13:41
Most of the factory ammunition I’ve disassembled were incapable of double-charges due to powder selection, however that doesn’t mean they cannot be over-charged.

I don’t know that he would pay an independent lab to make such a determination as it would be on his dime. He can buy the pistol new, as a FFL-holder, cheaper than the cost of the lab. I’m sure Sig understands that as well.

My guess is Sig will charge him for repairs at a cost lower than a full gun and he’ll move on. If I see him after a response, I will update the forum.

I do believe it to have been out of battery as I’ve seen the P365’s big brother fire out of battery, though with less damage to the firearm. I’ve also tested mine to see if it were capable of firing unlocked and it is. I would test a P365 with the old pencil test, if I had access to one. When I played with his I could hold it out of battery and the striker would drop. I’m uncertain if it would strike a primer, however.

halfmoonclip
02-19-19, 11:06
Okay, cleared the P365 and went looking for a pencil. Old fashioned wooden pencils aren't half so common as they once were. With the gun fully in battery, the pencil was give an good rap. With it withdrawn just a tiny fraction, the pencil still got a slight bump, but far less than before. Drawn back another fraction, and the striker wouldn't click at all. From this entirely unscientific experiment (and assuming the OPs gun was in proper spec), it seems unlikely that it would fire out of battery. My lone misfire left only a slight mark on the primer, and it is my belief that it was out of battery.
For the OP's buddy, he has no really good alternatives. He's not been hurt, so it's unlikely an ambulance chaser will take the case for a cut.
He's best served by most convincingly (and maybe a little humbly) making his case to Sig, involve Fiocchi (does he still have the remainder of the box and lot number?), and see what happens. What's right and what you can reasonably get ain't the same thing.
Moon

Pi3
02-19-19, 11:11
Try it with a primed case instead of a pencil.

halfmoonclip
02-19-19, 11:23
The press is currently set for .45s (and large primers) so that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
In any case, between the pencil and the previous misfire, I'm convinced that an OOB is unlikely. That isn't saying your buddy's gun wasn't out of spec.
Keep in mind that the rear of the barrel drops quickly as the slide is drawn back; no only will the striker's blow be cushioned, but it will also be out of alignment. That was the case with the FP mark on my round that didn't fire.
Again, is Sig paying for shipment back to NH?
Moon

Texaspoff
02-19-19, 14:09
A good friend of mine has a brand new P365. I don’t know the exact date of manufacture. It was less than 300 rounds into its first outing, and it failed catastrophically.

He contacted Sig. Sig said they would fix it on his dime and blames the ammunition. Specifically, they stated it was “clearly a double charge”. I’m not sure that particular load could be double-charged. It appeared to me the round was fired out of battery. After Sig states it would be on his dime, he took a screw driver to wedge the slide open. It appears to need at minimum a new frame, new barrel, new slide, and new extractor assembly. Playing with the fun, I could hold it out of battery and the striker would fall with enough force I’m sure it would set off a primer out of battery. I’ve also noticed this is possible with the P320s I own, verifiable with the pencil test.

As much as I like the P365 on paper, it isn’t read for prime time. I would not trust my life to one.

Looks like a double charge to me. Gun looks in good shape, and despite the frame cracks, it held together. Think of what most Glocks look like after a KB like that...:)

TXPO

halfmoonclip
02-21-19, 23:27
I was potting away with mine down at camp, and whacking a 6" square clanger at 35 yards.
I don't have the inherent faith in the P365 that I might have in a Glock, but the damned thing has really impressed me thus far. I really prefer the trigger feel to anything else striker fired.
Isllc, keep us posted on your bud's gun.
Moon

MAUSER202
02-23-19, 08:52
Thanks for all the comments. All of the Sig hate aside, it looks like for the most part this pistol is performing well after some initial hiccups.
I have been looking at it as a replacement for my current CCW. It has more capacity in a smaller package, and from what I have read is very shootable. Now to find a range that rents one for a test drive.

halfmoonclip
02-23-19, 11:05
Mauser, we don't have that choice locally, but a buddy scored one at a gunshow, and I got to shoot his. I got one, and another buddy tried mine...you see where this is headed.
It was the same epiphany I experienced with the first Glock I shot...I can see the damned sights, and I can hit stuff.
Have some experience with small 9s; the Kimber Solo didn't hurt but was extremely bouncy and slow to get back on target, and was relatively heavy. The G43 is a nice gun, but seems to recoil more sharply, and is too big to pocket.
The P365 is scarcely any bigger than my much-loved G42, and seems almost as soft shooting.
The 365 is still kinda on probation, and it's my intent to shoot the snot out of it, including some war loads, and I need to chrono that short barrel. I've been sticking to standard 9s; the +ps cycle the slide really violently, and I had one misfire with a +p Gold Dot 124.
Moon

lsllc
02-23-19, 12:10
Just talked to him again. I asked specifically about ammunition. He stated it was Remington UMC, it was all he had. He said it was first mag through the pistol and four or five rounds flew out the bottom. He said he’s talked with Sig multiple times and is waiting for an RMA. Sig is not covering shipping or repairs based on photos. He maintains it was out of battery, and the pistol will still launch a dowel out of battery.

Pi3
02-23-19, 12:17
Moon, you have me wanting a G42 now, and I swore off .380s.Does if work well with a pocket holster?

halfmoonclip
02-23-19, 12:19
Isllc, please, no disrespect, and I'm not there, so I surely don't know what happened, nor what conversation your bud may have had with Sig.
But I'm mighty skeptical that Sig doesn't want to look at one of their pistols that kaboomed on factory ammo. There is just something wrong with that picture. And how can a wrecked gun still launch anything out of battery?
Just my take; go in peace, serve the Lord.
Moon

halfmoonclip
02-23-19, 12:23
Moon, you have me wanting a G42 now, and I swore off .380s.Does if work well with a pocket holster?

Pi, I have an Alabama kydex pocket rig, and it works uncommon well in everything but dress pants; jeans and shorts aren't an issue. (Actually, I might get away with dress pants too.) My42s shoot straight and go bang all the time, and its rounded, bar of soap contours come out of a pocket just fine.
I reload .380s, and shoot the snot out of the Glocks.
Moon

lsllc
02-23-19, 13:30
Isllc, please, no disrespect, and I'm not there, so I surely don't know what happened, nor what conversation your bud may have had with Sig.
But I'm mighty skeptical that Sig doesn't want to look at one of their pistols that kaboomed on factory ammo. There is just something wrong with that picture. And how can a wrecked gun still launch anything out of battery?
Just my take; go in peace, serve the Lord.
Moon

Yes, there is something wrong. Certainly, and it seems to be Sig. Seems there are more than a few of these things causing problems for people.

He certainly wouldn’t lie. It’s still sitting there waiting for an RMA...I wasn’t privy to the conversation with Sig, but the pistol is still sitting there...waiting. Perhaps I could ask him to call them back and record the whole conversation just to be posted online lol.

The damage, as I said before, is the barrel, frame, and extractor. The striker and trigger still function. Go back and check out the photos.

halfmoonclip
02-23-19, 20:29
Not doubting a word, Isllc.
But if you were me, and read this online, would you buy it?
I'm also not doubting that the striker will still work, but its relationship to a damaged barrel and its attendant lockup is another matter.
In any case, hope things work out for your buddy. At least he wasn't hurt.
Moon

lsllc
02-23-19, 20:47
This isn’t unlike other stories I’ve heard. Companies are often not quick to right wrongs or accept responsibility. I’ve seen lots of kaboom posts over the years companies were slow to respond to, if at all, as well terrible accuracy being said to be “in spec”. Nothing surprises me anymore, and certainly not Sig being slow to send an RMA.

ETA: I’ve got a $3000 scope at Leupold right now that’s been sitting there for three weeks. This is the second time it’s been back for not holding zero and not tracking. When I called to get some help with it last time, the tech guy told me that either I couldn’t shoot or it must have a base or ring work loose and they didn’t want to take it back. I teach precision rifle and own multiples of this optic.

halfmoonclip
02-23-19, 21:03
Actually, personal experience with gun companies has been relentlessly positive, tho' I am careful of the fights I pick.
I sent two Smiths back for charge holes out of spec/out of alignment; both were corrected with new cylinders, tho' the second one (a used M60) took some time, and another had a hammer that would push off.
Colt has fixed incorrectly regulated sights, and a recall on a 1911.
Only experience with Sig was an MPX that wouldn't run reliably; it came back promptly and courteously...unhappily, it wasn't fixed, and I made it go away.
Two small Glocks, a 42 & 43, went back for out of spec triggers; they were back in a week, with 5lb ones.
All went back on the company's dime.
RMAs now come via the Internet; if your buddy doesn't have it now, it isn't coming.
He should contact Sig again.
And I'm telling you, for the price of a shipping label, Sig will want a look at the gun.
Gun companies have a limited number of consumers (whom they don't want to piss off), and they also don't want sued for guns that grenade. They'll want to know what happened to his gun, and his conviction that it simply fired out of battery won't persuade them.
Moon

Pappabear
02-23-19, 21:17
I have about half of the above point through mine and zero issues, no malfunctions or abnormal wear. Only fired Gold Dots, 124+p for defensive ammo. I fired a range rental before buying one and it never skipped a beat either. Rented it three times over a couple of months and fired 100-150 each time. Thing was dry as a sun bleached bone and still ran.

Thats legit legit firing quality harsh ammo, real training! Well Done

PB

lsllc
02-23-19, 21:51
Ironically, Sig didn’t fix the gun you sent them ;)

Sig isn’t footing the bill for a shipping label and he’s been waiting for a few weeks for an RMA. You say they want to see it, they tell him they don’t really care. Not sure what I can do to satisfy you. I’m relaying what I’m told.

cb805
02-24-19, 11:33
I have one with a January 19 born date and haven’t had any issues. I also only have 250 rounds through it but I love this gun!

halfmoonclip
02-24-19, 12:30
Isllc, don't worry about me. I'm not the one with the wrecked gun.
Moon

PureBS90
02-25-19, 12:42
From what I heard from a coworker, who is also one of the top firearms instructors for my agency, they were testing and evaluating the P365 to issue to officers as a backup/off duty carry pistol. He said that the striker issue has pretty much been resolved but they are currently experiencing issues with the magazines. Due to the failure rate of the magazines they are not issuing P365 until Sig has tweeked everything out.

Pi3
02-25-19, 12:46
Very revealing. Thanks.
Can you expand on the magazine issues?

PureBS90
02-25-19, 12:53
There was a combination of failure to feed, premature locking of slide (while being diligent of not hitting the slide stop/release). Sig had a rep present while the testing was done and feels confident the issues will be resolved by the end of 2019.

Pi3
02-25-19, 17:55
I really hope the rep is correct. Sig would do really well if they do.
2020 is looking like a good tme to jump in.

7spdnut
02-26-19, 20:50
Thanks for the heads up on mags
Have over 200 rounds through mine with no issues

PureBS90
02-26-19, 21:31
This testing was done with both 10 and 12 round magazines. Regardless of the magazine capacity, issues were present, the failure rate was about 20%. Some guys had no issues with their specific pistol, but others did.

Pi3
02-26-19, 21:42
is this a QC issue if some are fine, but 20% weren't?

halfmoonclip
02-26-19, 22:12
They might have been better served letting MecGar make the P365 mags as they do the M17 ones.
Personally, mine runs fine.
Moon

georgeib
02-27-19, 06:38
Maybe I'm way off here, but I've gotta say that I'm pretty skeptical on these supposed mag issues all of a sudden. The p365 has been put through the wringer from day 1, and NO ONE mentions mag problems.

Now a guy on a forum starts talking about 20% failure rates! What? And zero corroborating evidence to boot.

Not saying it didn't happen, just that I'm going to need a bit more convincing than a forum post by someone with less than 50 posts. Just sayin...

PureBS90
02-27-19, 09:11
It was a big enough issue for our department to send a memo out to all sworn personnel. I”ll summarize the memo, not sure if I am allowed to post the inner department memo publically on the forum.

The Department has received a shipment of 691 P365 pistols from Sig Sauer. These pistols were put through an extensive T&E process prior to receiving the current shipment of weapons scheduled for deployment to the field. As part of the Departments internal quality control and phased deployment process a small quantity of the weapons were fired by our very best firearms instructors. During this transition process an unacceptable number of the weapons experienced a malfunction in which the slide did not fully engage back into battery after firing. Sig reps on site believe the geometry of magazines induced the malfunctions. These malfunctions were recognized and documented by the Training Division Firearms staff.

All pistols were sent back to Sig for further development.

ABNAK
03-02-19, 19:55
It was a big enough issue for our department to send a memo out to all sworn personnel. I”ll summarize the memo, not sure if I am allowed to post the inner department memo publically on the forum.

The Department has received a shipment of 691 P365 pistols from Sig Sauer. These pistols were put through an extensive T&E process prior to receiving the current shipment of weapons scheduled for deployment to the field. As part of the Departments internal quality control and phased deployment process a small quantity of the weapons were fired by our very best firearms instructors. During this transition process an unacceptable number of the weapons experienced a malfunction in which the slide did not fully engage back into battery after firing. Sig reps on site believe the geometry of magazines induced the malfunctions. These malfunctions were recognized and documented by the Training Division Firearms staff.

All pistols were sent back to Sig for further development.

Had that same problem with my Glock 43. I bought my wife and I each a Glock 43 not too long after they first came out; hers was fine, mine occasionally failed to go fully into battery. A tap on the back of the slide was enough to close it but still. I carry 147gr HST +P's in my self-defense handguns, so I thought that maybe changing ammo would help.....it didn't. Granted, it was only maybe 3 or 4 every 100 rounds but that made my decision for me. I traded it in on another gun and my wife eventually traded me hers for my Walther PPS M2 (which she liked for the ergonomics and shot pretty well for her).

So today I took the P-365 plunge! Haven't shot it yet but might give it a whirl tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

EDIT: if it matters, my Sig was made in December of 2018.

Jmacken37
03-06-19, 05:59
11/30/18 production P365 with about 700 rounds. Zero problems. Trigger is much better than my Kahr PM9. This is the first gun I've found that competes with the PM9 in terms of "pocketability" and the 10+1 is a huge plus.

Spiff_P239
03-08-19, 15:14
I decided to give the P365 a chance and should have mine next week.

lsllc
03-08-19, 15:32
I’m getting one Tuesday. I will take it out next weekend and put 500-1,000 through it. I’m getting it as a trade and it should be fresh production.

Pi3
03-08-19, 20:08
I decided to give the P365 a chance and should have mine next week.

"All we are saying, is give sig a chance". Wasn't there a song sorta like that? :cool:

halfmoonclip
03-08-19, 22:18
Went thru' some of this with the Glock 42, which was not without its problems early on. But the gun was so good that it was worth the gamble.
Moon

Pi3
03-09-19, 08:20
I am disappointed that there have been issues with the G42 & G43. This forum tends to overlook Glock issues, but come down hard on Sig when they have the same problems.

556BlackRifle
03-10-19, 11:34
I am disappointed that there have been issues with the G42 & G43. This forum tends to overlook Glock issues, but come down hard on Sig when they have the same problems.

I love the old West German Sigs. They are some of the best pistols ever produced IMO. I bought a P320 thinking it would replace my G19. I shot it well right out of the box. I found it to be 100% reliable and more accurate than most of my Glocks. Then came the voluntary upgrade. I waited for a while but eventually sent my 320 back to the factory for the upgrade. The first thing I noticed when I got it back is that the trigger pull wasn't as good as before. Not a huge difference but slightly heavier and not as crisp as before. I ran a few hundred through it and had several FTEs. Group size was not as good as before. F#ck! I put it back in the safe and there it sat until my sons came home on leave. We went shooting and they both had the same problems. It happened with every magazine and it always started at or just after the third round. Ammo brand and type doesn't seem to matter. Right now I HATE that F#cking POS. I will send it back when I get around to it but I have low expectations. Meanwhile, my G19s are going strong. (Gen 2 through 5 inclusive.)

Pi3
03-10-19, 16:20
Yes, back in the day, the west German sigs were the way to go. I almost got a P320, but when the recall happened I shied away & am glad now that I did. I'm just skittish now about the p365.

lsllc
03-10-19, 20:20
I have the X series p320s. I thought I hated them. I traded for them, just to satisfy curiosity. I wanted to tell myself that MHS trials were wrong and the Army selected a poor handgun. I figured I would sell them within a few weeks. Right out of the box I had issues. I quickly diagnosed the issues myself and solved the problem.

They have been chugging along perfectly since. I found I don’t hate them. In fact they shoot better than my G19s and don’t give me near the wrist and elbow pain. I hate Sig but I like the X-series P320s. I understand they were never part of the recall? Different trigger?

Spiff_P239
03-11-19, 11:48
I have the X series p320s. I thought I hated them. I traded for them, just to satisfy curiosity. I wanted to tell myself that MHS trials were wrong and the Army selected a poor handgun. I figured I would sell them within a few weeks. Right out of the box I had issues. I quickly diagnosed the issues myself and solved the problem.

They have been chugging along perfectly since. I found I don’t hate them. In fact they shoot better than my G19s and don’t give me near the wrist and elbow pain. I hate Sig but I like the X-series P320s. I understand they were never part of the recall? Different trigger?

Out of curiosity, what did the problem with your X-Series guns end up being?

lsllc
03-11-19, 15:01
Out of curiosity, what did the problem with your X-Series guns end up being?

Light primer strikes. Disassembled and there was what appeared to be white lithium grease in the striker channel.

Spiff_P239
03-11-19, 17:13
Light primer strikes. Disassembled and there was what appeared to be white lithium grease in the striker channel.

Gotcha, that’d definitely cause some issues. Glad it was an easy fix for ya.

lsllc
03-11-19, 17:31
I just couldn’t believe Sig put it there.

halfmoonclip
03-11-19, 19:00
Never a huge Sig fan; had some 230s, and lately a .32 iteration. Glocks suited me.
Then I got a P365 and was pleased with it, and had an opportunity to grab an M17. I'm not about to ditch the G19s nor the 42 & 43, but I do like the Sig triggers, and the guns are nicely done mechanically. The chassis system seems well thot' out.
Moon

hotrodder636
03-11-19, 19:10
Got to play with a new manufactured one while picking up my APC9. They do seem nice. I havent shot one yet but aesthetically they fit the bill and fit/finish as well.

lsllc
03-12-19, 21:55
I got my P365 today. Thus far, I’m not sold. Haven’t even fired it yet. The trigger was heavier than others I’d fired.

I decided to tear it apart to clean the striker channel after my experience with two separate P320s. I found a rather large burr on the engagement surface of the striker.

I hit it once with a file and it came off. But the striker has a pretty significant chunk. It appears maybe dull tooling was used to finish it. The trigger weight dropped about 3/4 a pound removing the burr. I’m going to call Sig and see if they can send me a replacement tomorrow.

Pic of the burr and a pic of what came our worn the striker.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190313/a1b2e381829a806683f3eaf03eb16baa.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190313/9cc46206388b83bca9d6bc5c8b3f7496.jpg

I also took a few minutes and made myself a minimalist holster. Born on date 16 February 2019. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190313/fb46a9ab27e7a5e632aa9f5d4070e117.jpg

southswede
03-13-19, 06:59
I love the old West German Sigs. They are some of the best pistols ever produced IMO. I bought a P320 thinking it would replace my G19. I shot it well right out of the box. I found it to be 100% reliable and more accurate than most of my Glocks. Then came the voluntary upgrade. I waited for a while but eventually sent my 320 back to the factory for the upgrade. The first thing I noticed when I got it back is that the trigger pull wasn't as good as before. Not a huge difference but slightly heavier and not as crisp as before. I ran a few hundred through it and had several FTEs. Group size was not as good as before. F#ck! I put it back in the safe and there it sat until my sons came home on leave. We went shooting and they both had the same problems. It happened with every magazine and it always started at or just after the third round. Ammo brand and type doesn't seem to matter. Right now I HATE that F#cking POS. I will send it back when I get around to it but I have low expectations. Meanwhile, my G19s are going strong. (Gen 2 through 5 inclusive.)

Interesting you noticed a difference in the trigger when you got your P320 back. I have 2 P320's. I sent them in one at a time. I got the first one back and tested the trigger side by side with the one not sent in. The trigger pull, feel and weight was identical between the two guns. When I got the second one back, I compared the two again. Still found no difference between the two.

halfmoonclip
03-14-19, 23:32
South', that is what I would expect. It is my impression some parts were lightened to reduce the chances of inertia causing a drop discharge, but the sear engagement was not changed.
Triggers are very subjective things.
Moon

fastreb
03-15-19, 12:42
My P365 has a born on date in Nov/18. Got about 400 rounds through it now, using 115gr Win WB, Speer 124gr. FMJ and Speer GD loads. Nary a hiccup so far with all the magazines. Working like a charm.

lsllc
03-15-19, 14:31
Fired mine Wednesday. 266 rounds before the storms pushed in. I had 500 to try. Accuracy was descent, no hiccups. It’s harder to shoot than my Shield, however.

ABNAK
03-17-19, 08:33
Shot mine yesterday. Only put 60rds downrange, 30 of my carry load (HST 147gr +P) and 30 of IMI 124gr FMJ. No malfunctions of any kind. Shot consistently low and left for me; I'm a southpaw so maybe that has something to do with it. I like it, that's for sure.

One thing though: the P365 has the most difficult to load magazine of any weapon (handgun or rifle) I've ever shot. My fingers still hurt! When I was done shooting it I took a wooden dowel and pushed the follower all the way down and let it snap back up several times. Not sure if it was just new stiff springs, a burr or two in the mag, or both. Loaded a little bit easier once I did that.

lsllc
03-17-19, 08:35
Shot mine yesterday. Only put 60rds downrange, 30 of my carry load (HST 147gr +P) and 30 of IMI 124gr FMJ. No malfunctions of any kind. Shot consistently low and left for me; I'm a southpaw so maybe that has something to do with it. I like it, that's for sure.

One thing though: the P365 has the most difficult to load magazine of any weapon (handgun or rifle) I've ever shot. My fingers still hurt! When I was done shooting it I took a wooden dowel and pushed the follower all the way down and let it snap back up several times. Not sure if it was just new stiff springs, a burr or two in the mag, or both. Loaded a little bit easier once I did that.

I noticed the same thing. I used a mag loader, and it made it easier. I left three mags loaded over night and that seemed to help. I think cycles do more for it than anything though. I’m around 600 rounds through mine in two range trips. It’s actually surprising me to some degree.

Pi3
03-17-19, 08:53
Is anyone pocket carrying one? If so, what holster?

ABNAK
03-17-19, 17:46
I noticed the same thing. I used a mag loader, and it made it easier. I left three mags loaded over night and that seemed to help. I think cycles do more for it than anything though. I’m around 600 rounds through mine in two range trips. It’s actually surprising me to some degree.

I used a Glock mag loader and it worked.

halfmoonclip
03-17-19, 18:35

Pi, I've got an Alabama pocket rig on order, but it hasn't come in yet. The P365 seems to be crowding the upper edge of what is pocketable, but I've high hopes. The Alabama rig has proven itself with a G42 and an LCP, tho' the 43 is too much of a good thing.
Moon

halfmoonclip
03-17-19, 18:36
I used a Glock mag loader and it worked.

I've used a Lula; when the mags are new, you just about can't load them with your fingers. After some loading and firing cycles, they get easier, and you can fill one in the field if need be.
If you have a bunch to fill, you'll still want the Lula.
Moon

grizzlyblake
03-25-19, 15:35
Anybody else shooting one of these? They definitely have my interest. I'm ready after many years to get something other than my G19 for EDC AIWB and I really don't like they way my wife's G43 handles and shoots.

lsllc
03-25-19, 19:18
I fired mine some more today. I’m 860 rounds in with no problems.

It certainly is snappy with defensive loads or NATO pressure ammo.

I purchased two 12 round magazines to go with the existing magazines and to make range time easier. With the extended magazines I can score around 90 on a 25 yard B8 if I concentrate and slow fire. If I try to increase cadence to 10 or 20 seconds scores really suffer. I can shoot a VP9 SK, Shield, G26, etc quite a bit better but none of those offer the capacity in such a small package.

I plan to continue to shoot this pistol until I hit 2,000 rounds without maintenance and record my findings.

Pappabear
03-25-19, 19:29
I fired mine some more today. I’m 860 rounds in with no problems.

It certainly is snappy with defensive loads or NATO pressure ammo.

I purchased two 12 round magazines to go with the existing magazines and to make range time easier. With the extended magazines I can score around 90 on a 25 yard B8 if I concentrate and slow fire. If I try to increase cadence to 10 or 20 seconds scores really suffer. I can shoot a VP9 SK, Shield, G26, etc quite a bit better but none of those offer the capacity in such a small package.

I plan to continue to shoot this pistol until I hit 2,000 rounds without maintenance and record my findings.

Good to hear Sig may have worked through the issues, whatever they were?? Keep shooting and keep us posted.

PB

RUSKI
03-26-19, 17:16

I keep mine in a Sticky holster all day. The pistol and holster are comfortable to carry, and dont print in my pocket. Very discreet. My 365 is also newer, manufactured late 2018. No issues yet with a couple hundred rounds through it.

halfmoonclip
03-27-19, 09:53
I keep mine in a Sticky holster all day. The pistol and holster are comfortable to carry, and dont print in my pocket. Very discreet. My 365 is also newer, manufactured late 2018. No issues yet with a couple hundred rounds through it.
My Alabama kydex arrived, and my personal verdict is that it is pocketable, but just. It's only slightly larger than my G42, but it does have more edges that make a smooth draw harder. The P365 is also noticeably heavier than the 42. But,IMHO, the Sig is far more pocketable than the G43, and I will pocket the Sig if I feel the need for a 9...even for snakeshot.
Moon

RustyIron
03-28-19, 23:01
Anybody else shooting one of these?

Yeah... Mine left the factory in November, 2018. I've only got 320 rounds of assorted ammo down the pipe, but it's all been perfect. So here's a quick rundown... As you know, it's a lotta ammo in a small package. You're gonna have to use your thumbs to top off the mags, or get a loader. Despite the small grip, it handles well in my oversized meathooks. The long-pull striker-fired trigger is very nice. It's the style I like, and this one is well executed. It's not hard to shoot fast and accurately. Takedown is standard Sig, but yanking the back plate and striker is probably the easiest of any pistol I have. The only thing I didn't like was the coarse finish on the grips. It was like 80 grit sandpaper on my side when the gun was holstered. Some very careful file work took down the high points, and it's now much more comforable against the skin.

Pi3
04-09-19, 13:36
It's much easier to sand down too much texture rather than add it. I finally held one at the LGS. It could be a pocket pistol if I could get it out quickly enough.

RUSKI
04-09-19, 17:49
Yeah... Mine left the factory in November, 2018. I've only got 320 rounds of assorted ammo down the pipe, but it's all been perfect. So here's a quick rundown... As you know, it's a lotta ammo in a small package. You're gonna have to use your thumbs to top off the mags, or get a loader. Despite the small grip, it handles well in my oversized meathooks. The long-pull striker-fired trigger is very nice. It's the style I like, and this one is well executed. It's not hard to shoot fast and accurately. Takedown is standard Sig, but yanking the back plate and striker is probably the easiest of any pistol I have. The only thing I didn't like was the coarse finish on the grips. It was like 80 grit sandpaper on my side when the gun was holstered. Some very careful file work took down the high points, and it's now much more comforable against the skin.

Its funny. I really like the 365' sandpaper grip. It feels like its locked down when pulling from the holster and when shooting. My G42 was a bit too smooth on the grip for my liking and I had issues getting a clean pull out of my pocket on occasion. The 9mm 10+1 capacity, size and grip are why I carry it over my G42. Both are fine concealed carry options and I am happy you modified yours to your liking.

fastreb
04-10-19, 10:19
Been interested in one of these sine they came out. Anyone have experience with current production?

Mine has a born date of late Nov/2018. So far, with about 350 rounds through it of Speer Lawman 124gr. FMJ, Speer GD 124gr. and Fed HST 124 gr. it's been flawless. I did pick up two extra 12 round mags, and as most everyone has found out, both the 10 & 12 round mags are absolutely the hardest mags to load by hand when new. Even after pulling them apart and cleaning them of any factory preservative, I still couldn't get the mag follower to squeeze down until I used a LULA to get them loaded. Now, they're starting to be much easier to get loaded but I still need the LULA for the last round or two. Overall though, I'm really liking this pistol. Small, but for me, easy to shoot and accurately so.

lsllc
04-10-19, 10:35
My Feb 19 is still kicking. Will post update at 1k.

halfmoonclip
04-10-19, 17:57
It's in the nature of Sig magazines. It's worth pulling the floorplate, shooting silicone spray into the mag body, and wiping out all the excess.
But you'll want that Lula for awhile, tho' I can replace the 'barney bullet' now without it.
Moon

MAUSER202
05-11-19, 21:01
Thanks you for your feed back and sharing your experiences with the P365. I finally picked one up today and can’t wait to start shooting it. I don’t have any kind of loading tool but I think I need one, I was only able to get 8 rounds loaded in each mag. I will let them sit like that a day or two and try to load the other 2 rounds before I go shoot it.
Any recommendations on a loading tool?

Pi3
05-11-19, 21:06
Maglulu

halfmoonclip
05-12-19, 10:34
Yep! It's Maglula for the win!
After you load/use the mags a little, it gets easier; you'll be able to replace your 'Barney bullet' with just your fingers.
But initially, you'll need the Maglula to fill the mags.
Moon
ETA- it doesn't hurt to fieldstrip the mags (much easier than Glocks), wipe them out, spray the interior with silicone, and then wipe off all the excess. Seems to make them load/run a little smoother.
M

MAUSER202
05-18-19, 22:41
Update, I took the wife to shoot the 365 for the first time and I am impressed. The first target was crap for both of us until we figured out the correct site picture to hold. After that the groups got better with every mag. We put 100 rounds through it with no hip ups. Wife liked it so much she bought the new NRA addition in coyote tan before we left the store. Shot her’s the next day, 100 again and no issues too. So far we are both really liking these pistols. After we shoot a couple of boxes of HST through them they will be carry vetted. I orders an Alessi Talon holster for it because I really like them. Have had one for a 239 for about 20 years. They are so swamped it won’t arice until August. May have to get something else to carry it with until the talon comes in.