PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Odd ball questions.

St.Michael
11-06-08, 13:20
I just have some questions that might or might not be dumb.

1. If Larue Tactical makes such great scope mounts and bi pod mounts does that mean their uppers are good? I never see anyone talking about them.

2. Is there a problem with the YHM free float carbine tubes?

3. If you cheap out on a bi pod can that have a negative affect on your shooting? ( I say yes I only ask cause my buddy doesn't believe it.)

4. If a company makes rails that are supported does that mean all their stuff is quality? (like troy)

I know they are dumb, but I have to ask. Just want to get into perspective. Thanks guys. Sorry if I piss anyone off.

DM-SC
11-06-08, 14:57
1. If Larue Tactical makes such great scope mounts and bi pod mounts does that mean their uppers are good? I never see anyone talking about them.

I would think so but, as you've stated, not very many people post about them. :confused:

2. Is there a problem with the YHM free float carbine tubes?

Heavier and not made to the same quality/tolerances as other brands.

3. If you cheap out on a bi pod can that have a negative affect on your shooting? ( I say yes I only ask cause my buddy doesn't believe it.)

I'm assuming you mean buying one that is wobbly...maybe??? If so, then yes.

4. If a company makes rails that are supported does that mean all their stuff is quality? (like troy)

Generally speaking, yes. There are no absolutes, however. Quality wise, it's a fairly safe bet unless they make an inexpensive version of a more expensive part.

There are exceptions to that. The Magpul MOE line is a good example of lower cost not meaning lower quality.

I know they are dumb, but I have to ask. Just want to get into perspective. Thanks guys. Sorry if I piss anyone off.

No such a thing as a dumb question. Well, unless you didn't use the "search" button first! ;)

St.Michael
11-06-08, 14:59
well then good cause I always use the search button first!!! though lets face it it could be user malfunction with horrible search words on my part. :eek:

rduckwor
11-06-08, 15:03
well then good cause I always use the search button first!!! though lets face it it could be user malfunction with horrible search words on my part. :eek:

Its not just you, searching is like trying to drink from a fire hose or not being able to turn the facet on at all. Searching for something can be tough.

There is so much to sort thru.

RMD

DM-SC
11-06-08, 18:43
Its not just you, searching is like trying to drink from a fire hose or not being able to turn the facet on at all. Searching for something can be tough.

There is so much to sort thru.

RMD

Yeah but, it can be fun for us self torturing types! :D

Seriously, it can take some time but I really don't mind. Lots of times I find information, about topics unrelated to my search, that I otherwise would have missed. :cool:

Shifty
11-06-08, 21:42

I'm gonna have to say yes on this one.

I bought a walmart special bipod. mounted it and it makes my gun sit crooked, so i have to adjust one leg of the bipod to make it sit level.

the next week i got tired of it and bought a Harris bipod. now all is well :cool:

St.Michael
11-07-08, 08:42
ha good. That's what I was getting. A harris. I swear people just don't get it. They want to pay the money but then dress it with garbage.

Karl in NY
11-08-08, 08:53
Is there anything that the Harris will do that the Versa-Pod won't?

All the exposed spring clutter on the Harris is a turn-off for me, just looks like it was made in someone's garage...I know, I know, the Harris has an excellent reputation, but-

...the Versa-Pod is probably what I'll buy.