PDA

View Full Version : UBC - 750K requests delivered to congress today

tb-av
02-12-19, 23:46
Toms.com has decided to go pro Universal Background Check --- HR8

Jimmy Fallon was first to sign up for post card on Toms.com since then 750K people have signed up. So he's back tonight for round two.

The owner claims......

1. To be Pro 2A
2. 90% of Americans want UBC
3. All the gun owners he talks to are 2A but have children so they are for UBC
4. The reps told him that what he is doing works.
5. They hand delivered those 750K post cards today.

He is now asking for more people to go to his site and send a postcard.

Just a heads up --- https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr8

=============
Side note. Some may recall that I posted about a conservative talk radio hosts that was killed by a train last week. When he was in Richmond he had the idea for everyone to get together and buy a green postcard and flood the representatives offices with the cards with the simple message to not infringe on the 2A. This was over a decade ago I think. That idea vanished. He talked about it on a Friday and all of a sudden by the next week it was crickets.... I got the impression he was told to chill it.

At any rate, I'm really curious why the 2A supporting crowd can't do something that simple.

AKDoug
02-13-19, 01:42
Toms.com has decided to go pro Universal Background Check --- HR8

Jimmy Fallon was first to sign up for post card on Toms.com since then 750K people have signed up. So he's back tonight for round two.

The owner claims......

1. To be Pro 2A
2. 90% of Americans want UBC
3. All the gun owners he talks to are 2A but have children so they are for UBC
4. The reps told him that what he is doing works.
5. They hand delivered those 750K post cards today.

He is now asking for more people to go to his site and send a postcard.

Just a heads up --- https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr8

=============
Side note. Some may recall that I posted about a conservative talk radio hosts that was killed by a train last week. When he was in Richmond he had the idea for everyone to get together and buy a green postcard and flood the representatives offices with the cards with the simple message to not infringe on the 2A. This was over a decade ago I think. That idea vanished. He talked about it on a Friday and all of a sudden by the next week it was crickets.... I got the impression he was told to chill it.

At any rate, I'm really curious why the 2A supporting crowd can't do something that simple. We can't do something that simple because we have no leadership. The NRA shit on us and has been strangely silent lately.... The NRA and the NRA ILA have 4 million and 5 million followers on Facebook.. you sure think they could get the post card thing going if they wanted to, but nope, they just ask us to join the NRA to fight HR8. The industry has millions of followers on Facebook and they don't form any sort of association to fight for our rights either.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-13-19, 01:50
Why do I give a flying fudge what some fagotty footware company thinks?

Show me all the arrests from current BGCs that are failed and maybe, just maybe I'd care.

"Oh, we want this shiny new tool because it will solve everything!" And what about the slightly less shiny version of the tool you have now? Or how about feeding the current tool so it would actually stop guys like the Parkland shooter? Call me crazy.

OK, fine UBC- but I get to dick shoot the the person who suggests that we need to make that data into a registry... or publish it...

Whiskey_Bravo
02-13-19, 09:06
We can't do something that simple because we have no leadership. The NRA shit on us and has been strangely silent lately.... The NRA and the NRA ILA have 4 million and 5 million followers on Facebook.. you sure think they could get the post card thing going if they wanted to, but nope, they just ask us to join the NRA to fight HR8. The industry has millions of followers on Facebook and they don't form any sort of association to fight for our rights either.

NRA doesn't have time bro. They are too busy sending renewal notices two months after you have renewed. Also with all of those stupid surveys and sky is falling donation request it's no wonder they can't do anything useful. They are busy.

tb-av
02-13-19, 09:12
I got a call the other day.... "Wayne LaPierre has asked me to call you and......" I said, tell Wayne I donated to GOA.... they hung up!

... and now that you mention it.... I just had to renew my NRA membership to be able to stay joined to me gun club and I did that a couple weeks ago and have heard zero..... I had forgotten all about it. I guess they did too.

So yeah, I agree with above, NRA has gone silent in more ways than one.

Circle_10
02-13-19, 09:36
I let my NRA membership lapse after their idiotic statement on bumpstocks.
I don't know if I will re-join or not. The only reason I was ever an NRA member was to support "the cause", I find their magazine uninteresting, don't wear anything with their logo on it, find Lapierre totally uncharismatic and just don't actually care much for them as an organization particularly with their recent GOP base-pandering crap from that Dana Loesch chick (I'd like to see the 2A be treated as a non-partisan issue...yeah I know, keep on dreaming because the battle lines have been drawn...).

tb-av
02-13-19, 10:24
^ ^ ^ ... I feel the same. I would probably just go all in for GOA but the range here is old school and NRA membership is required. I logged into NRA and they did get me renewed so I guess that's a good thing for somebody.

AKDoug
02-13-19, 12:09
NRA doesn't have time bro. They are too busy sending renewal notices two months after you have renewed. Also with all of those stupid surveys and sky is falling donation request it's no wonder they can't do anything useful. They are busy.

I got a call the other day.... "Wayne LaPierre has asked me to call you and......" I said, tell Wayne I donated to GOA.... they hung up!

... and now that you mention it.... I just had to renew my NRA membership to be able to stay joined to me gun club and I did that a couple weeks ago and have heard zero..... I had forgotten all about it. I guess they did too.

So yeah, I agree with above, NRA has gone silent in more ways than one.

I let my NRA membership lapse after their idiotic statement on bumpstocks.
I don't know if I will re-join or not. The only reason I was ever an NRA member was to support "the cause", I find their magazine uninteresting, don't wear anything with their logo on it, find Lapierre totally uncharismatic and just don't actually care much for them as an organization particularly with their recent GOP base-pandering crap from that Dana Loesch chick (I'd like to see the 2A be treated as a non-partisan issue...yeah I know, keep on dreaming because the battle lines have been drawn...).

^ ^ ^ ... I feel the same. I would probably just go all in for GOA but the range here is old school and NRA membership is required. I logged into NRA and they did get me renewed so I guess that's a good thing for somebody.

I used to be one of the NRA drum beaters around here, but it's rapidly fading away. For all the reasons above, and their stupid decision putting Olie North in as President. It doesn't matter what Olie did or didn't do, he has horrible optics for an organization that desperately doesn't need to give more ammo to the left.

Circle_10
02-13-19, 12:37
I used to be one of the NRA drum beaters around here, but it's rapidly fading away. For all the reasons above, and their stupid decision putting Olie North in as President. It doesn't matter what Olie did or didn't do, he has horrible optics for an organization that desperately doesn't need to give more ammo to the left.

Ugh, I forgot about that... seriously NRA, learn to PR.