PDA

View Full Version : SciFi Nerds...Ascension On Netflix...

SteyrAUG
02-13-19, 01:24
Looks goofy, profoundly deep. You think you know what's going on, until you don't.

It's a little bit Mad Men, a little bit Blast From The Past and a whole lotta Twilight Zone with some X Files. The rabbit hole just keeps going deeper.

How this one got on SyFy with it's damn near nudity is beyond me. Some familiar faces such as Tricia Helfer (everyone's favorite cylon) as well.

Adrenaline_6
02-13-19, 07:30
It had a short run though....1 season. It wasn't bad. Helfer always helps.

The most confusing show I have ever dealt with is Legion. For most of Season 1 and Season 3 you are pretty much in the mind of a crazy guy (really a powerful mutant) who has another powerful being leeching off his power in his mind. A bunch of episodes ended with me thinking "WTF just happened?"

jpmuscle
02-13-19, 07:33
Looks goofy, profoundly deep. You think you know what's going on, until you don't.

It's a little bit Mad Men, a little bit Blast From The Past and a whole lotta Twilight Zone with some X Files. The rabbit hole just keeps going deeper.

How this one got on SyFy with it's damn near nudity is beyond me. Some familiar faces such as Tricia Helfer (everyone's favorite cylon) as well.

I enjoyed season 1 very much. Hell of a curve ball.

Just wish more seasons were coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountainRaven
02-13-19, 14:44
Ascension was OK, but I seem to recall that the ending was kinda, "Huh?"

Not because of what the ending was, in terms of what was happening the entire time - I've seen enough M. Night Shyamalan to know what was going on - but because of how the series ended. Like... the way it was delivered felt rushed and sloppy, like they were trying to tie up as many ends as possible and couldn't think of an elegant way to do it.