PDA

View Full Version : Where’s the slide stop release?

jdgiii
02-13-19, 15:57
I was watching this teaser video for the Shield RMSw and I noticed there is no slide release on the pistol. Is this a special configuration? Any ideas?
https://youtu.be/eHMzY25cXc8

26 Inf
02-13-19, 18:28
Not installed, at 3 to 4 seconds you can see the slide catch cut out on the slide.

RWH24
02-13-19, 19:37
Somebody dropped the slide release/lock ball

26 Inf
02-13-19, 22:42
Somebody dropped the slide release/lock ball

Could be that the guyleft it out on purpose. That way when he is operating operationally the distinct noise of the Glock locking back doesn't alert his adversary. Lessons learned from the Garand

:jester::sarcastic:

jdgiii
02-13-19, 22:43
Could be that the guyleft it out on purpose. That way when he is operating operationally the distinct noise of the Glock locking back doesn't alert his adversary. Lessons learned from the Garand

Ha! I’ll go with that

RWH24
02-14-19, 13:34

That is why I carry a sack full of clips. Fire 8 rounds, throw a clip on the ground, when they pop up I shootz again and again. :moil:

ShooterOpinions
02-14-19, 14:12
I was watching this teaser video for the Shield RMSw and I noticed there is no slide release on the pistol. Is this a special configuration? Any ideas?
https://youtu.be/eHMzY25cXc8

I hit up my buddie that works at Shield Sights and he said it was broken and they haven't had a chance to fixing it yet. He also said all of the new RMS sights are shipping with the new scratch resistant lens.

26 Inf
02-14-19, 19:16
That is why I carry a sack full of clips. Fire 8 rounds, throw a clip on the ground, when they pop up I shootz again and again. :moil:

I just go "Ruh-roh, I'm out of boolets" but your way might work better.

Off subject, I've seen them but can't find wher to get the t-shirt that says

bang, bang,
bang, bang,
bang, bang,
bang, bang,
PING

I need one.

Business_Casual
02-14-19, 19:42

I like what Clint Smith says about that: “You just fired 8 rounds of 30-06; everyone is deaf.”

jdgiii
02-14-19, 22:58
I hit up my buddie that works at Shield Sights and he said it was broken and they haven't had a chance to fixing it yet. He also said all of the new RMS sights are shipping with the new scratch resistant lens.

Thanks! Like Paul Harvey used to say, “And now you know the rest of the story. Good day.”.

I’m interested to see how this newest model from them holds up.

halfmoonclip
02-24-19, 15:51
Call me crazy, but in the middle of a gunfight, I'd rather chance the BG hearing the slide lock back (in all that noise?!?) than hearing my gun go click instead. You guys are screwing with me, right? :rolleyes:
Not all pistols have slidestops, and not all are externally operated.
Moon
ETA- 26th, if you ever get a line on those Garand shirts, please tell us here!
M