PDA

View Full Version : DD MK 18 and DD M4 V7

thegreyman
02-14-19, 07:25
Anyone using non-factory/alternate (H2 etc.) buffers on latest (with reduced gas port) DD Pistols or SBR's?
Like J P Enterprises Captured Buffer Spring?

nick84
02-14-19, 07:55
I was under the impression that the gas port sized was reduced to limit the need for using aftermarket buffers. Wouldn't doing so increase the likelihood of failure? I have one of the older ones, but rarely shoot it suppressed, so I'm curious to how they've changed with the gas port changes.

Pappabear
02-14-19, 08:53
Most of us use the A5 buffer system to increase reliability and performance in everything. Some reserve for SBR suppressed, I put it in EVERYTHING. No downside, only upside.

PB

Beat Trash
02-14-19, 14:20
I have one of the newer V7 pistols, with the reduced gas port. I don’t run it suppressed.

I’m using the factory supplied H buffer. I’ve had no issues at all, so I have no need to change the buffer.

arptsprt
02-14-19, 19:51
I have been running an H3 in my DD Mk18 with the smaller port for a long time now. Shoots nice and has been reliable unsuppressed. Also shoot it suppressed with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me2hootyhoo
02-19-19, 21:03
Yes, H2 with Tubbs spring on the MK18. Smoothest operating AR in my collection. I fine tune all my rifles with a Tubbs spring and heavier buffers.

Jonnyt16
03-01-19, 22:04
Yes, H2 with Tubbs spring on the MK18. Smoothest operating AR in my collection. I fine tune all my rifles with a Tubbs spring and heavier buffers.
Is it a newer (smaller gas port) MK18? And do you run it suppressed? I'm asking because I should be getting my MK18 and AAC SR5 fairly soon (on month 7 now for the stamps) and am wondering what spring & buffer setup I should go with or just run it stock and see what it does. Thanks.

Iraqgunz
03-02-19, 02:26
What exactly do people mean by "reduced gas port"? Are you referring to the barrels that are now using what should have been correct all along (Crane Spec) or something else?

thegreyman
03-02-19, 18:57
What exactly do people mean by "reduced gas port"? Are referring to the barrels that are now using what should have been correct all along (Crane Spec) or something else?

I (personally) am referring to currently sold DD MK 18's and Pistols, DD M4 V7 Pistols and DD SBR's; my recently purchased 2018 DD M4 V7 Pat is running trouble free with MEM 56 Grain 5.56, Black Hills SMK 77 grain 5.56 OTM 5.56, IMI 77 Grain SMK OTM 5.56, Magtech 55 Grain 5.56 FMJ M193, and Magtech 77 Grain 5.56 OTM First Defense.ammunition. It is my understanding that older models were described as having larger gas ports; some were changing buffers, springs, etc. Mine is making me very happy; I have not felt the need to make adjustments. I like to know how similar DD firearms owned by other forum members are performing.

me2hootyhoo
03-02-19, 21:32
Is it a newer (smaller gas port) MK18? And do you run it suppressed? I'm asking because I should be getting my MK18 and AAC SR5 fairly soon (on month 7 now for the stamps) and am wondering what spring & buffer setup I should go with or just run it stock and see what it does. Thanks.

Yes it is a newer production smaller port MK18. No, my suppressor is only 3-4 months into the wait. I have tested mine with all kinds of 223 and 556 ammo. Everything runs smooth and reliable. I'm curious myself to see how the suppressor changes the way it shoots. I figure if its too much I may pick up an adjustable BCG.

Stickman
03-02-19, 22:26
What exactly do people mean by "reduced gas port"? Are referring to the barrels that are now using what should have been correct all along (Crane Spec) or something else?

Correct vs Incorrect is what it sounds like.

Does anyone have a time frame as to when the issue was corrected? My understanding is that there were two sets of barrels going out, one with, and one without the correct and smaller gas port.

Iraqgunz
03-03-19, 02:35
I think you missed my point.

I (personally) am referring to currently sold DD MK 18's and Pistols, DD M4 V7 Pistols and DD SBR's; my recently purchased 2018 DD M4 V7 Pat is running trouble free with MEM 56 Grain 5.56, Black Hills SMK 77 grain 5.56 OTM 5.56, IMI 77 Grain SMK OTM 5.56, Magtech 55 Grain 5.56 FMJ M193, and Magtech 77 Grain 5.56 OTM First Defense.ammunition. It is my understanding that older models were described as having larger gas ports; some were changing buffers, springs, etc. Mine is making me very happy; I have not felt the need to make adjustments. I like to know how similar DD firearms owned by other forum members are performing.

Iraqgunz
03-03-19, 02:35
As I recall, it was late summer early Fall 2017.

Correct vs Incorrect is what it sounds like.

Does anyone have a time frame as to when the issue was corrected? My understanding is that there were two sets of barrels going out, one with, and one without the correct and smaller gas port.

prepare
03-03-19, 06:16
Gas port size should be included with all the other specs.