PDA

View Full Version : Will You pay a higher price?

Dave L.
11-06-08, 14:46
A few threads have already been started regarding price gouging of weapons, parts, and accessories and the FEAR of all that being banned.

I want to know, as consumers, are we willing to:
Deal with it and pay the higher price?
Call out the most greedy companies?
Boycott the most greedy companies?
Support the honest dealers who stay true to their market?

As consumers, we are in charge because we have the money. Most of us are at the point where we don't "need", we "want".

I will not be buying any products marked up do to FEAR- why are all the guys with the guns fearing in the first place?

What does everyone think?

Honu
11-06-08, 15:10
I wont pay jacked up prices

I bought a bit from Grant recently a LMT piston a new 9MM M&P a complete lower about 20 mags etc..

when I need more stuff I will email him let him know what I need and not push to get it that day and hope building a relationship with a good dealer helps me with fair prices
if he is out and honest and says you might try to pick that up elsewhere like bravo or whatever ? then I will do that for that item then return with what I want to him first

the problem will be if the distributors or manufactures start to go up the dealer will go up and we will pay more !!

I think the hysteria will calm down and prices and stock will get back to normal soon ?

since I used to own a retail bicycle snowboard shop years ago I relied and treated customers top notch and in return they always came to me first

also if he has good prices on say Pmags and they are even say 50 cents or $1 more ? I wont care as thats small peanuts and would rather hope a good dealer will help me out when it counts and get me what I need

also I want to support that dealer so they are around ! they have mouths to feed and bills to pay also !!!

maybe its cause I work from home also I know what it takes to make a living

thats my thoughts on things ;)

ZDL
11-06-08, 15:11
A few threads have already been started regarding price gouging of weapons, parts, and accessories and the FEAR of all that being banned.

I want to know, as consumers, are we willing to:
Deal with it and pay the higher price?To a point
Call out the most greedy companies?It's not greed it's supply and demand. If the market will bear it then it makes sense to sell it at a higher price
Boycott the most greedy companies? Read above
Support the honest dealers who stay true to their market?

As consumers, we are in charge because we have the money. Most of us are at the point where we don't "need", we "want".

I will not be buying any products marked up do to FEAR- why are all the guys with the guns fearing in the first place?

What does everyone think?

:rolleyes: Please

theJanitor
11-06-08, 16:04
as a small business member myself, you need to realize that i'm not in business as a charity. i need to make money. if i'm part of a larger company with more owners or shareholders, it's my responsibility to MAXIMIZE their profit. that would mean raising the selling price of goods until a balance of demand is attained.

we all should try to be synergistic members of the society and maybe some members of our community are paying more than the the true value of a product. but they are paying and setting the market value of that product. and unless someone declares their company "not-for-profit" all rules of supply and demand apply.

understand your part of the supply/demand equation. if you can suppress your immediate fear and spread your demand across a longer period of time, you will help to stabilize demand and suppress the immediately rising intersection of supply and demand.

thopkins22
11-06-08, 16:10
Seriously we rant and rave about the political left when they call for price fixing, we can't fall into that line of thinking simply because it's our own hobby/passion effected.