PDA

View Full Version : Active Shooter IL

WillBrink
02-15-19, 15:40
"Active Shooter: 4 Aurora Officers and multiple civilians shot. Currently being airlifted to hospital. Shooter has not been located yet. ATF on scene as well."

Looks like they changed it to shooter in custody

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190215/suspect-in-custody-after-multiple-aurora-cops-civilians-shot--

ALCOAR
02-15-19, 17:41
5 dead, 5 LEO shot. 45 yr old employee was the scumbag. RIP to the victims, and prayers and comfort for their families.

austinN4
02-15-19, 18:00
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190215/suspect-in-custody-after-multiple-aurora-cops-civilians-shot--
More like workplace violence, but "mass shooting" sounds better to the press. Shooter was fired. Shooter is now dead.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-15-19, 18:42
Illinois?

Laser on a handgun...

just a scout
02-15-19, 18:49
Chicago suburbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NWPilgrim
02-15-19, 21:13
Killing people over being payed off!! Tragically pathetic. Why can’t such people just off themselves instead of lashing out at others before they die?

Well said of the police officers wounded, by a nearby business woman:
"Thank you for your selfless act. Thank you for running toward gunfire and putting your lives in danger to protect those inside the business," she said. "My heart goes out to the victims and their families who simply went to work today like any other day. We offer our sincere condolences."

MWAG19919
02-15-19, 22:15
Sadly the place was a GFZ (saw the “no Beretta” stickers in news clips), so employees were left defenseless. Good on the police officers to rush in there and risk their lives to stop the shooter.

WillBrink
02-16-19, 07:52
Sadly the place was a GFZ (saw the “no Beretta” stickers in news clips), so employees were left defenseless. Good on the police officers to rush in there and risk their lives to stop the shooter.

Just another gun free zone:

https://crimeresearch.org/2019/02/yet-another-attempted-mass-public-shooting-in-another-gun-free-zone-at-the-henry-pratt-company-in-aurora-illinois/?fbclid=IwAR3i94mgf3FAg3Kp93r7oEepbW6vpf2UtdfMrVlJ0DhQsIKLJoqpAOMywus

AndyLate
02-16-19, 09:20
I am sure the liberal media is very dissapointed the shooter wasn't white, wearing a MAGA hat, and welding a AR-15.

Instead it was a minority with a prior felony arrest using a pistol aquired illegally in a state where background checks and firearm owner identity cards are mandatory.

I respect the officers who charged into the situation thinking only of protecting innocent people very much. It would have been a far worse tragedy without their courage.

Andy

Korgs130
02-16-19, 15:13
Perfect example of why “the we need universal background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals” crowd is full of sh!t.

This POS was a felon for aggravated assault in Mississippi back in 1995, yet he passed a Illinois State Police background check in 2014 and was issued an IL Firearm Owner ID. While he presumably lied on the 4473, he passed the NICS check when he purchased the handgun at a retail shop in Aurora. When he submitted finger prints as part of his CCW application the ISP finally realized that he was indeed a felon, declined his CCW and suspended his FOID. The ISP notified the Aurora PD of the suspended FOID, but it is unclear what if any action was taken after that.

Vandal
02-16-19, 17:02
Perfect example of why “the we need universal background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals” crowd is full of sh!t.

This POS was a felon for aggravated assault in Mississippi back in 1995, yet he passed a Illinois State Police background check in 2014 and was issued an IL Firearm Owner ID. While he presumably lied on the 4473, he passed the NICS check when he purchased the handgun at a retail shop in Aurora. When he submitted finger prints as part of his CCW application the ISP finally realized that he was indeed a felon, declined his CCW and suspended his FOID. The ISP notified the Aurora PD of the suspended FOID, but it is unclear what if any action was taken after that.

He was sent a letter informing him to surrender his firearm to the nearest PD or sheriff's office. There was no follow up done beyond that.

t1tan
02-16-19, 21:13

Girlfriends cousin and uncle both work there and were present, both have ccw and left their guns in their cars, they lucked out.

MegademiC
02-16-19, 22:20
Girlfriends cousin and uncle both work there and were present, both have ccw and left their guns in their cars, they lucked out.

Thats definately something id take up with management.

You are either responsible for security/protection, or you are not.
This definately demands a corrective action.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-19, 01:21
Shooter is black and wasn't supposed to have a gun. The victims weren't white kids, the gun wasn't an AR.

Squirrel.....

prepare
02-17-19, 04:35
Its chicagoistan...

JoshNC
02-17-19, 09:16
Thats definately something id take up with management.

You are either responsible for security/protection, or you are not.
This definately demands a corrective action.

I would like to see the employees sue the business for failing to keep them safe and disallowing concealed carry.

Inkslinger
02-17-19, 09:45
I would like to see the employees sue the business for failing to keep them safe and disallowing concealed carry.

And whatever local law enforcement agency that knew he illegally possessed a firearms and asked him to turn it in instead of going and arresting him.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-19, 10:53

I know of one business around Chicago that did that math and decided that posting "No Beretta" signs would be more of a liability than allowing people to carry. Granted, the owners are conservatives, but it is a pretty big facility. I've always wondered what the insurance people actually say.

AKDoug
02-17-19, 13:32
I know of one business around Chicago that did that math and decided that posting "No Beretta" signs would be more of a liability than allowing people to carry. Granted, the owners are conservatives, but it is a pretty big facility. I've always wondered what the insurance people actually say.

I have a pretty small operation. On any given day I only have 12 to 14 people there. My employee handbook has had a section about concealed carry by employees that outlines the process to be allowed to carry at work. My insurance company has signed off on my handbook twice over 15 years and I've never changed the language. They do not ask for a copy every year. I have specifically asked my attorney to review my policy three times in the last decade and he can find no language that prohibits my employees from carrying. I have also asked him to review my policy in regards to allowing the public to carry in my business and there is nothing prohibiting it in my policy. Honestly, I bet the risk factors of firearms injuries and death in a business are low enough at this time that the insurance company is not too worried about it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-19, 13:56
I have a pretty small operation. On any given day I only have 12 to 14 people there. My employee handbook has had a section about concealed carry by employees that outlines the process to be allowed to carry at work. My insurance company has signed off on my handbook twice over 15 years and I've never changed the language. They do not ask for a copy every year. I have specifically asked my attorney to review my policy three times in the last decade and he can find no language that prohibits my employees from carrying. I have also asked him to review my policy in regards to allowing the public to carry in my business and there is nothing prohibiting it in my policy. Honestly, I bet the risk factors of firearms injuries and death in a business are low enough at this time that the insurance company is not too worried about it.

And that shows you how much of a 'problem' AS and CCW are. Insurance companies monetize everything.

Out of curiosity, do you make employees ask for permission?

AKDoug
02-17-19, 16:13
And that shows you how much of a 'problem' AS and CCW are. Insurance companies monetize everything.

Out of curiosity, do you make employees ask for permission? I do not. My wording is roughly (don't have a copy in front of me) employee concealed carry is allowed in accordance with Alaska state statutes for concealed carry and firearms possession. Open carry is not allowed.

26 Inf
02-17-19, 16:28
Insurance companies monetize everything.

Yes, they do. Several years ago, before we were a Constitutional Carry State, a local school district announced they were going to allow teachers who had their CCW and some additional training to carry at school. Their insurance company promptly advised them that if they did so they would drop them.

Apparently the actuaries figured it was cheaper to pay for severalkids killed by a criminal, than one killed in an accident by a teacher.

titsonritz
02-17-19, 16:42
He was sent a letter informing him to surrender his firearm to the nearest PD or sheriff's office. There was no follow up done beyond that.

Wait, you mean a felon continued to break the law even after being told to stop? Say it isn't so.

sva01
02-19-19, 06:59
This has mostly been covered in this thread already but I saw this article and decided to share...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/illinois-state-police-acknowledge-agency-wrongly-issued-gun-license-to-aurora-shooter/ar-BBTMBwD?ocid=spartanntp

glocktogo
02-19-19, 09:28
This has mostly been covered in this thread already but I saw this article and decided to share...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/illinois-state-police-acknowledge-agency-wrongly-issued-gun-license-to-aurora-shooter/ar-BBTMBwD?ocid=spartanntp

Well sure, but they won't be held liable for their failure. The obvious solution is to pass another gun law. :rolleyes: