PDA

View Full Version : 44 killed in India

WillBrink
02-16-19, 08:22
And not even a blip on the media radar. There's a significant potential for war:

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday unleashed the country's military against rival Pakistan in response to a terror attack by Muslim separatists that killed 44 on Thursday.

Modi said his country's "blood boils" and gave his military a "free hand" to determine "the timing, place and nature of their response."

India and Pakistan have been bitter rivals for years, and both countries have built nuclear arsenals to hold each other at bay.

Modi unleashing the military has been called an "abdication of political responsibility" that could lead to a "super dangerous" conflict between the nuclear rivals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/indias-modi-unleashes-military-on-pakistan-after-pulwama-terrorism-2019-2?fbclid=IwAR1HbvomaAl7aqe_7aezT3596uqFNfOIXq1SAF8rITpAVt38j5Cswd4P4UU&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&utm_content=bufferf2382&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

ABNAK
02-16-19, 08:27
Well I'm not a fan of Pakistan, so...…"Go India"?

docsherm
02-16-19, 10:09

Well, if we have to pick a side then why the hell not? :smile:

soulezoo
02-16-19, 11:01

*like* --- in the same context you offered it.

sgtrock82
02-16-19, 11:22
Id support India as well, Of course that means the US will end up backing Pakistan ...our critical "ally" in the war on terror, or whatever worse choice presents itself.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Business_Casual
02-16-19, 11:34
Id support India as well, Of course that means the US will end up backing Pakistan ...our critical "ally" in the war on terror, or whatever worse choice presents itself.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

There’s a higher chance of the Pakistani nukes falling into terrorist hands than the Indian ones.

AndyLate
02-16-19, 11:36
I honestly (perhaps wrongly) consider Pakistan an enemy.

lowprone
02-16-19, 12:31
I too consider Pakistan an enemy, regardless of what they do in regard to Afghanistan.

sinister
02-16-19, 12:51
There’s a higher chance of the Pakistani nukes falling into terrorist hands than the Indian ones.
"Falling" implies they might be taken from government control.

"Given to pro-Pakistani/anti-Hindu Muslim extremist terrorists" would probably be more accurate.

prepare
02-16-19, 13:27
And not even a blip on the media radar. There's a significant potential for war:

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday unleashed the country's military against rival Pakistan in response to a terror attack by Muslim separatists that killed 44 on Thursday.

Modi said his country's "blood boils" and gave his military a "free hand" to determine "the timing, place and nature of their response."

India and Pakistan have been bitter rivals for years, and both countries have built nuclear arsenals to hold each other at bay.

Modi unleashing the military has been called an "abdication of political responsibility" that could lead to a "super dangerous" conflict between the nuclear rivals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/indias-modi-unleashes-military-on-pakistan-after-pulwama-terrorism-2019-2?fbclid=IwAR1HbvomaAl7aqe_7aezT3596uqFNfOIXq1SAF8rITpAVt38j5Cswd4P4UU&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&utm_content=bufferf2382&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

The msm is preoccupied trying to overthrow President Trump.

WillBrink
02-16-19, 14:31

Other than a short "the enemy of my enemy is mt friend" alliance during the Soviet invasion, they have never been allies, and we need to stop pretending they are. Obviously they knew where OBL was, ignored other terrorists coming into their Territory to hide from us, undermine us where ever they can, while taking "aid" from us. The Indians have always been far closer to legit allies, and that's who we should back clearly.

SteyrAUG
02-16-19, 15:25
I honestly (perhaps wrongly) consider Pakistan an enemy.

Where was Bin Laden hiding again? Most people probably don't know the history of Pakistan and the fact that it was stolen from India.

Jellybean
02-16-19, 16:14
I mean, obviously we have to back India- otherwise who will we call when something doesn't work? :laugh:

Where was Bin Laden hiding again? Most people probably don't know the history of Pakistan and the fact that it was stolen from India.
Yeah, but if you want to go down that favored road of the leftists, we're going to have to have an uncomfortable talk about a certain small coastal country we're buddies with, or the country we're standing in, or Greece, Rome, Egypt, Iran/Iraq (ie, Persia and Babylon), oh, and by the way, demand reparations for the Hittites...
It's just not a viable pretext for war.

platoonDaddy
02-16-19, 16:22
Since the creation of those two countries, they been duking it out with pakistan getting their asses kicked.

We need to get our nukes out of pakistan and let the IAF kick their ass!

Thank god we never let them into NATO

NWPilgrim
02-16-19, 16:53
Pakistan is a hotbed of Islamic violence, whose intelligence agency actively supports the Taliban even while we have troops fighting the Taliban. More often then not the ruler is a military dictator after the elected President is deposed. Totally intolerant of other religions and supports madrassas that train for violent jihad around the world.

China is a sworn enemy who makes no bones about ripping us off economically and war gaming attacks on us in the western Pacific. Ruled by a tyrannical communist regime. Also with a history of supporting violent insurrections in other Asian states. Totally intolerant of any religion.

India is the most democratically lead country in that region. It does not routinely spread insurrection and violence in neighboring states and is generally very friendly to the US economically and politically. It allows a multitude of religions to openly practice their faiths. Mostly keeps to itself militarily and espouse no big plan to rule the world economically or religiously or politically.

Yet, the US bends over backwards to accommodate and support a Pakistan and Chine and ignore numerous long term attack’s on human rights. While basically ignoring India and providing little or no support in fear of upsetting our two “allies” on each side of India. India allied somewhat with Russia in order to get arms because we were helping the other two bastardized countries with weapons and aid. Guys from India I have talked with are as baffled as I am why we are not close allies with India rather than those other two trouble makers.

ABNAK
02-16-19, 20:07
My only problem with India is the INSAS and telemarketers/customer service. Other than those two things they are [accent on] "Very fresh, thank you!"

MegademiC
02-16-19, 21:45
Go India.

SteyrAUG
02-16-19, 23:00
I mean, obviously we have to back India- otherwise who will we call when something doesn't work? :laugh:

Yeah, but if you want to go down that favored road of the leftists, we're going to have to have an uncomfortable talk about a certain small coastal country we're buddies with, or the country we're standing in, or Greece, Rome, Egypt, Iran/Iraq (ie, Persia and Babylon), oh, and by the way, demand reparations for the Hittites...
It's just not a viable pretext for war.

Yeah, but this isn't an ancient history thing so much as a "land grab" done post WWII after India gained independence from the UK. It's quite a bit different from my great, great, grandfather was a slave.

I sorta wish we could correct the arbitrary borders created after WWI, but honestly no matter where the lines were drawn or what names were given, Islam was going to be a problem. It just isn't a "live and let live" kind of religion.

What we need is some kind of modern reformation that results in a more secular version, but that won't be easy. The arab spring was the most serious attempt at an arab "renaissance" but it seemed to die at birth.

SteyrAUG
02-16-19, 23:05
Since the creation of those two countries, they been duking it out with pakistan getting their asses kicked.

We need to get our nukes out of pakistan and let the IAF kick their ass!

Thank god we never let them into NATO

Our nukes? Whatever is there is certainly not under our control, more importantly Pakistan has not signed the nonproliferation treaty. Pakistan has even developed "tactical" nuclear weapons to counter the threat they claim India poses.

LMT Shooter
02-17-19, 01:09
Pakistan is a hotbed of Islamic violence, whose intelligence agency actively supports the Taliban even while we have troops fighting the Taliban. More often then not the ruler is a military dictator after the elected President is deposed. Totally intolerant of other religions and supports madrassas that train for violent jihad around the world.

China is a sworn enemy who makes no bones about ripping us off economically and war gaming attacks on us in the western Pacific. Ruled by a tyrannical communist regime. Also with a history of supporting violent insurrections in other Asian states. Totally intolerant of any religion.

India is the most democratically lead country in that region. It does not routinely spread insurrection and violence in neighboring states and is generally very friendly to the US economically and politically. It allows a multitude of religions to openly practice their faiths. Mostly keeps to itself militarily and espouse no big plan to rule the world economically or religiously or politically.

Yet, the US bends over backwards to accommodate and support a Pakistan and Chine and ignore numerous long term attack’s on human rights. While basically ignoring India and providing little or no support in fear of upsetting our two “allies” on each side of India. India allied somewhat with Russia in order to get arms because we were helping the other two bastardized countries with weapons and aid. Guys from India I have talked with are as baffled as I am why we are not close allies with India rather than those other two trouble makers.

Spot on

prepare
02-17-19, 04:37
Makes ya wonder...

Firefly
02-17-19, 05:43
Makes ya wonder...

“Remember, no Urdu...”

lowprone
02-26-19, 16:14
India replies to Pakistans latest incident by bombing terrorist training camp.
https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/pakistan-army-says-indian-jets-intruded-neighbor-s-airspace#gs.1KXAHD6O