PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms 308/7.62 receivers being released!

polydeuces
02-16-19, 11:02
Did a search, seems its been under the radar.
But it is really happening.
Soon we will have another reason to spend funds we really cant afford to.

Noticed something while routine window-shopping.
Lower
(https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/c11-b-762-lower.htm)Upper (https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/c11-b-762-upper.htm)

So before getting too excited went ahead n contacted them, lo n behold...there's hope!
Here's what Mrs LeClair shared with me:
"I think that the last of the current production run is just finishing up on the machines...then off to finishing. I think if all goes well, we should see them next month."

Centurion will be releasing KAC pattern 7.62/308 receivers.
Soon.

Life is Grand!

jpmuscle
02-16-19, 11:08
Oh my

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBK
02-16-19, 11:32
It has been mentioned here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?210765-Company-Profile-Centurion-Arms

polydeuces
02-16-19, 12:59
Help me out-while a very informative post, dont see any mention of AR10 platform receivers, to be released soon.
Did i miss something?
Like i said, i did a search before posting.

DJK
02-16-19, 13:26
Help me out-while a very informative post, dont see any mention of AR10 platform receivers, to be released soon.
Did i miss something?
Like i said, i did a search before posting.

Followed the above links to what is coming. Shows out of stock, so you can't pre-order

TXBK
02-16-19, 13:27
It was mentioned, and I posted a pic of my receivers. I picked mine up in October last year, along with a 15” CMR. I’m not sure when, but they may do complete 7.62 rifles at some point or at least offer a barrel as well. The barrel project may have been put on hold due to the 5.56 rifles coming. For now, I am going to go with a Criterion barrel and just need to get a BCG to finish.

http://i.imgur.com/QaPJWup.jpg

MorphCross
02-16-19, 13:46
It was mentioned, and I posted a pic of my receivers. I picked mine up in October last year, along with a 15” CMR. I’m not sure when, but they may do complete 7.62 rifles at some point or at least offer a barrel as well. The barrel project may have been put on hold due to the 5.56 rifles coming. For now, I am going to go with a Criterion barrel and just need to get a BCG to finish.

Just as a temptation: http://www.operationparts.com/kac-knights-armament-sr-25-enhanced-bolt-carrier-assy-w-enhanced-gas-key/

:lol:

TXBK
02-16-19, 14:14
My mind is set on an LMT BCG, which is what Centurion said they will be using if/when they do barrels or complete rifles.

I guess Centurion is currently OOS (I haven’t checked), but they have done receivers recently so you can expect them to have more. I think the set that I received is really nice. The Centurion receivers both mated with my LMT receivers very well.

Stickman
02-16-19, 15:54
https://66.media.tumblr.com/412b36f328e4f08155332fed60ca0b1f/tumblr_pm9xuud3dw1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

ccosby
02-16-19, 20:56
I've been interested since they posted the info originally but I want at least one of their barrels to go with it. I'm good buying the lmt bcg for it.

I do hope that if/when they do complete weapons or add the extra parts they come up with a gas block with settings for suppressed and unsuppressed.

Dcr5595
02-17-19, 05:37
I’m interested as well as I’m in the market for a 308. Maybe Stick could work his magic for a 5.56 and 7.62 lower matching serial number group buy?

Eurodriver
02-17-19, 05:48
Oh my

Ditto

polydeuces
02-17-19, 07:25
Nice to see them in the wild already, thanks!

Yep, ‘now if they had a barrel/bcg to go w that-how awesome...’ was my first though too.

Going by what Mrs Leclair enailed, the eta would place it March. Early/mid.
That should give a bit of time to liberate some coinage.

_CORRIE_
02-18-19, 12:03
Hi guys! Hope this works...finally set up an account and trying to get on here when I have a few minutes!

Polydeuces is correct...HOPING to have this batch of 7.62 billet receivers done in March for you. :) As I told him...I HATE giving ETAs, because when you do, you inevitably encounter delays somewhere. But we are working on them and will make them available as soon as they are ready to ship.

Also...just a little teaser...Monty is working on getting some 7.62 barrels done to his specifications. It's a long, difficult process...but he wants them done right. ;) So...definitely no ETA on those right now. But I'll try to keep you updated for those that are interested!

No BCGs in the works yet. Not much beats the LMTs...but they are obviously $$$ ;) We will keep looking into the possibility of our own though.

jpmuscle
02-18-19, 12:05
This could definitely get me into the 308 game

TXBK
02-18-19, 12:34
It’s good to see you here, Corrie.

The quality of Centurion’s products makes them a pleasure to support.

_CORRIE_
02-18-19, 12:47
It’s good to see you here, Corrie.

The quality of Centurion’s products makes them a pleasure to support.

Thank you! We appreciate that! :D We don't have a ton of extra time on our hands these days, LOL, but I'm going to try to make an effort to be on here to answer questions, etc.

ccosby
02-18-19, 13:33
Also...just a little teaser...Monty is working on getting some 7.62 barrels done to his specifications. It's a long, difficult process...but he wants them done right. ;) So...definitely no ETA on those right now. But I'll try to keep you updated for those that are interested!

No BCGs in the works yet. Not much beats the LMTs...but they are obviously $$$ ;) We will keep looking into the possibility of our own though.

Any chance of the barrels having like a 2 possition gas block for suppressed an unsuppressed?

For the bcg it would be nice to have a cheaper option but yea having it work with the lmt one is a good option.

Stickman
02-18-19, 13:53
Corrie,

Awesome to have you here!

thegreyman
02-18-19, 14:48
Did a search, seems its been under the radar.
But it is really happening.
Soon we will have another reason to spend funds we really cant afford to.

Noticed something while routine window-shopping.
Lower
(https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/c11-b-762-lower.htm)Upper (https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/c11-b-762-upper.htm)

So before getting too excited went ahead n contacted them, lo n behold...there's hope!
Here's what Mrs LeClair shared with me:
"I think that the last of the current production run is just finishing up on the machines...then off to finishing. I think if all goes well, we should see them next month."

Centurion will be releasing KAC pattern 7.62/308 receivers.
Soon.

Life is Grand!

This looks good!

polydeuces
02-18-19, 17:28

Some things are so worth the wait, just to make things right in the universe.
Knowing it is in the pipeline time to REALLY start saving some bank.

SeriousStudent
02-18-19, 17:40
Outstanding! Welcome aboard, Mrs. LeClair! :)

I'm really looking forward to buying one of your 308's as well, it should make an excellent deer and hog rifle down here in Texas.

Hammer_Man
02-18-19, 17:52
I told myself I wasn't going to build another 308, but yeah... Looks like I might have to build another 308.

titsonritz
02-18-19, 17:54

I was thinking the same thing

Hammer_Man
02-18-19, 17:58
This question is mainly addressed to Corrie or Monty, however those who have an answer may chime in: Are these upper receivers going to be compatible with Knight's 308 handguards?

WEK207
02-18-19, 18:07
I've been wanting to do a .308/6.5 build, especially since LMT sells stripped MARS lowers, and I've been looking for a stripped upper to match. These look perfect! And the price doesn't seem out of line!

Iraqgunz
02-19-19, 03:14
I am pretty sure he told me that they are going to be KAC compatible.

This question is mainly addressed to Corrie or Monty, however those who have an answer may chime in: Are these upper receivers going to be compatible with Knight's 308 handguards?

Hammer_Man
02-19-19, 10:06

Sweet! Potentially I can see this thread costing me a lot of money.

Firefly
02-19-19, 10:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

Still. Need. LMT. Lower.

All these 308 AR smakes me feel like a thirsty guy in a Seoul cathouse and brother them Kpop girls do more than sing....

Firefly
02-19-19, 10:14

Dear diary,

Today, Monty LeClaire was pretty cool

jpmuscle
02-19-19, 10:15
Can we get a 308 upper/lower set group buy?

jpmuscle
02-19-19, 10:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

Still. Need. LMT. Lower.

All these 308 AR smakes me feel like a thirsty guy in a Seoul cathouse and brother them Kpop girls do more than sing....

Classic historical steg

_CORRIE_
02-19-19, 11:25

Yes, they are Knight's compatible. :)

And thank you all for the warm welcome! Hopefully I don't miss any questions...I am trying to skim through. Don't hesitate to poke me again if I do miss something!

_CORRIE_
02-19-19, 11:30
Any chance of the barrels having like a 2 possition gas block for suppressed an unsuppressed?

For the bcg it would be nice to have a cheaper option but yea having it work with the lmt one is a good option.

We do not have any current plans for adjustable gas blocks.

Firefly
02-19-19, 11:33

And thank you all for the warm welcome! Hopefully I don't miss any questions...I am trying to skim through. Don't hesitate to poke me again if I do miss something!

Dear Diary,

Just checking in again to say that today Mrs. Leclair was pretty cool. And that I will be broke.

_CORRIE_
02-19-19, 11:43
Dear Diary,

Just checking in again to say that today Mrs. Leclair was pretty cool. And that I will be broke.

:lol:

SeriousStudent
02-19-19, 20:19
Dear Diary,

You'll have a lot of company! :)

Hmmmmm - mentally pondering optics to put on the new .308 Centurian goodness........

Merle
03-24-19, 20:05
Anyone successfully build a rifle with one of these receiver sets? I'd like to hear others experiences with these before sharing my experience with the set I received.

ipreferpie
05-09-19, 04:34

I’m super excited for the next batch release — do you know when the ETA is? I’m looking to buy the C11 upper and was wondering if it can match my Stag-10 lower. I know that a Larue/LMT uppers fit with some minor sanding of the pin holes. Also, would general DPMS compatible parts (like V Seven Hyperlight Handguard and BSF 308 barrels fit)? It’s my first time customizing my AR10 and don’t want to screw up with all the compatibility issues. Thanks!

Stickman
05-09-19, 21:28
I’m super excited for the next batch release — do you know when the ETA is? I’m looking to buy the C11 upper and was wondering if it can match my Stag-10 lower. I know that a Larue/LMT uppers fit with some minor sanding of the pin holes. Also, would general DPMS compatible parts (like V Seven Hyperlight Handguard and BSF 308 barrels fit)? It’s my first time customizing my AR10 and don’t want to screw up with all the compatibility issues. Thanks!

It fits my Mega Arms fine, I have no idea about a Stag, sorry.

Eurodriver
05-10-19, 02:03
Why, with the gun industry soooooo slow is it impossible to find good AR10s?

Larue is 16-24 weeks. Centurion is OOS. KAC is 5,000 years. Noveske is 10,000 years.

Maybe I shouldn’t complain before these guys realize the market demand and increase prices even more.

I ordered a Larue PredatOBR UU/Lower in 6.5CM and I’m about to cancel it. I can’t wait 6 months for a gun. I might be an ex-pat in Canada by then!

Firefly
05-10-19, 06:07
Why, with the gun industry soooooo slow is it impossible to find good AR10s?

Larue is 16-24 weeks. Centurion is OOS. KAC is 5,000 years. Noveske is 10,000 years.

Maybe I shouldn’t complain before these guys realize the market demand and increase prices even more.

I ordered a Larue PredatOBR UU/Lower in 6.5CM and I’m about to cancel it. I can’t wait 6 months for a gun. I might be an ex-pat in Canada by then!

See....I gots two SR25s and an HK. I don’t understand these white people problems like that.

And ironically you can own an SR-25 in Canada.
If they come out with a 6.5 upper I might get one. I don’t know.

6 months isn’t that bad. You’ll be the talk of the nursing home

:p

fledge
05-10-19, 15:39
Centurion is OOS because they aren’t available yet. Their first batch is off to anodizing.

jpmuscle
05-10-19, 15:53
See....I gots two SR25s and an HK. I don’t understand these white people problems like that.

And ironically you can own an SR-25 in Canada.
If they come out with a 6.5 upper I might get one. I don’t know.

6 months isn’t that bad. You’ll be the talk of the nursing home

:p

Sell me the OG sr25

Also will Centurion have a 6.5?

Stickman
05-10-19, 17:21
https://stickgunner.tumblr.com/image/182486815040

https://stickgunner.tumblr.com/image/182486815040

Eurodriver
05-10-19, 17:30
Centurion is OOS because they aren’t available yet. Their first batch is off to anodizing.

Their first batch made it to Stickman.

RHINOWSO
05-10-19, 17:39
I might be an ex-pat in Canada by then!
At least you know the Police Department will take all your guns when you go off the deep end again!

RHINOWSO
05-10-19, 17:43
Here you go, $4900.00 for an SR-25ACC, 4 in stock.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/knights-armament/31893-sr-25-e2-acc-rifle-308-win-16in-20rd-black-mlok/

LMT MWS 308, multiple available.

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=63895

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/modular-weapon-system-lm308mwse-chrome-lined-1x10-twist-stage-trigger-collapsible-sopmod-stock-finish-estimated-lead-time-weeks-p-36586.html

So break out your non-maxed credit card and make yourself happy.

Firefly
05-10-19, 18:01
At least you know the Police Department will take all your guns when you go off the deep end again!

Know how I can tell you are a hater?
Because you tell on yourself

Merle
05-10-19, 20:30
I bought a set so they were available.

drtywk
05-10-19, 23:33

Ackchuwally, they are out of stock because they are sold out. The second run is delayed due to a supplier issue and some changes that they have made to them.

fledge
05-11-19, 08:35
I was just passing along what I was told that day from the source. I’m sure there’s more context. If it’s not helpful to anyone, disregard.

For those that have them, are they marked C11 or MK11?

TXBK
05-11-19, 09:13
For those that have them, are they marked C11 or MK11?

Mine is marked C11.

drtywk
05-11-19, 10:47
I was just being a smart ass. According to Corrie, the new run will be M marked, instead of C.

fledge
05-11-19, 11:20
I was just being a smart ass. According to Corrie, the new run will be M marked, instead of C.

The marked MK11 was the context of my reply. That has the improved, more “modern” bolt catch than the C11 and, I believe, is their regular run going forward. Thanks for clarifying. Have had one on order since November.