PDA

View Full Version : Deer Wasting

tb-av
02-18-19, 22:28
I am not a hunter but I know many are. Deer Wasting disease is in 24 states now.

Our news just reported it as.... no lie...... Zombie Deer Disease

I am thoroughly convinced the media has absolutely no concern for the words that come out of their mouths. All they care about is creating a reaction that makes ratings.

I have not seen wasting disease in person but have seen videos and pictures and it's not pretty. To think that so many people around here hunt and stock up on venison this time of year it's just completely irresponsible for this sort of reporting.

Honu
02-18-19, 23:47
don't hunt here but I know the only thing I used to come across a lot was ciguatera or cuiga often pronounced siggy

we could get test kits though but wanted to get into hunting here this next season and saw all this when I started checking ! kinda wild not sure if its more paranoia or really a issue or so rare ?

tb-av
02-19-19, 00:23
The only real reason I don't hunt is because no one ever taught me. When I was really young... I mean like 3 or something. My father came home from hunting one day. Went upstairs. Put his shotgun and clothes away in the attic and they never came out again until I was in my teens. We lived the Ward and June Cleaver life except for all of us kids played with fire crackers and BB guns, pellet rifles, and finally we coaxed those real guns out. Still never went hunting. My father was not a man to be crossed and you had better have a good reason to question him. For some strange reason I always have felt a child should be taught to hunt by a parent. I never was. We went shooting, he built black powder rifles, bought me a nice target pistol, but hunting was out of my time frame. I was taught to fish and loved every minute of it. I live in VA and there are more than enough deer hunters here. I wouldn't mind being taught how to hunt nuisance hogs in the south but that's beside the point. Hunters better get on the ball. They may not look out for my 2A rights, but I will look out for theirs, and I see the writing on the wall.

This reporting of a serious disease as some sort of Hollywood situation is the typical entry level approach.

Honu
02-19-19, 01:42
The only real reason I don't hunt is because no one ever taught me. When I was really young... I mean like 3 or something. My father came home from hunting one day. Went upstairs. Put his shotgun and clothes away in the attic and they never came out again until I was in my teens. We lived the Ward and June Cleaver life except for all of us kids played with fire crackers and BB guns, pellet rifles, and finally we coaxed those real guns out. Still never went hunting. My father was not a man to be crossed and you had better have a good reason to question him. For some strange reason I always have felt a child should be taught to hunt by a parent. I never was. We went shooting, he built black powder rifles, bought me a nice target pistol, but hunting was out of my time frame. I was taught to fish and loved every minute of it. I live in VA and there are more than enough deer hunters here. I wouldn't mind being taught how to hunt nuisance hogs in the south but that's beside the point. Hunters better get on the ball. They may not look out for my 2A rights, but I will look out for theirs, and I see the writing on the wall.

This reporting of a serious disease as some sort of Hollywood situation is the typical entry level approach.

yeah I did spearfishing where cuiga was from big ulua mainly
the hunting here I have no clue since its not like Lanai or Maui :) and we would go in groups so I was the fishing dude along for the ride on the hunt so never had to do much
lots of my friends hunted but for some reason I never dressed out anything ? so was used to it around it like you my dad was not into it ? but fishing I lived on my fish for maybe 4-5 or more meals a week :)
on Lanai we could hunt every day and no bag limit so we could literally come from work and say HEY lets go hunting and drive maybe 1 mile to hunting area was a dream place
I reckon here in AZ where its lottery find a friend and be the one dressing it out wish I asked to do it and not just hanging out

ironic the hunting we did for pigs in the islands were with dogs and a knife sure ya can google it but pretty wild :)
google up blue water spear fishing !!!! that is insane fun cool stuff though

jsbhike
02-19-19, 05:31
Author was from Texas A&M veterinary medicine school from what I have found

https://www.myewa.org/blog/fake-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd/