PDA

View Full Version : The armored smartphone

Slater
02-22-19, 12:35
This is a Government-only device produced by some company in the UAE. Presumably Apple, Samsung, etc. would have no problem making one if they saw a market for them?

"KATIM® R01 is the world’s first ultra secure, smartphone designed for extreme field conditions.

It’s maximum protection against mobile security threats with a unique rugged design to withstand drops, vibration, water and dust, with extended battery life and optimized endurance and durability for high humidity, altitude, extreme temperatures and more.

KATIM® R01 is tough. It has the strength of five layers of hardened case and can handle being dropped, run over and immersed in water. It has a tamper protected design so all data in the device stays safe and a USB interface protected against data theft and malware."

https://www.darkmatter.ae/katim/katim-r01/

sgtrock82
02-22-19, 20:04
But does it have a south african inspired vee shaped armored back plate so the phone doesnt take the full force of the blast when the user wanders into a mine field chasing pokemon.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Arik
02-22-19, 21:27
Can't speak for security but my Motorola is tough. No case and I've dropped it on concrete, tiles, kicked it. It won't stop a bullet or shrapnel...... probably not....but daily abuse is not an issue. I dropped it off the roof at work one day and only the bezel got a little dinged up

Honu
02-22-19, 22:41
based on android :) hahahahahahahahahahah OH that right there says it all about data security :)