PDA

View Full Version : First time for everything... backpacks now being targeted by the solen valor idiots?

Digital_Damage
02-23-19, 14:23
So... I work in IC.

Co-worker (22 year old female) and I (old as ****) are wondering around Huntsville, AL.

Walking around a mall with our Sweet 5:11 backpacks (discounted because of where we work) minding our own business, waiting for 3:00 to check in to our hotel.

Some gangly redneck (25'ish) strolls up sternly asking "when did you get out, how long did you serve?!" Extending his hand. I kindly shake it and state we did, not never have.

He strolls away and yells "that's cool! The important part is you look like you did! right?!"

What is up with these dicks?

titsonritz
02-23-19, 14:33
Drain bamage.

Firefly
02-23-19, 14:59
After he shook my hand, I would have just said “yeah you got me. Say...does something feel sticky to you? Or is it just me?”

Inkslinger
02-23-19, 15:34
Hell, I read one post on here the other day where the poster said guys with beards are trying to look like they’re military.

jsbhike
02-23-19, 15:47
Once I saw several people get their panties in a wad because a guy listed his occupation as operator because that was what his position in a power plant is called and has been the case for decades much like the phone industry.

AndyLate
02-23-19, 15:51
Dicks are gonna dick...

I am curious what IC is, and sorry our weather sucks right now.

Andy

SteyrAUG
02-23-19, 16:00
LOL. I didn't know 5.11 was considered "military."

Some people fight for "our" freedom, unless they don't like the way we dress. I don't know what is up with "some" veterans these days, but obviously having done their job and done it well wasn't enough and they are still easily threatened and have fragile egos.

I grew up with nothing but nam vets for the most part. On any given day I was wearing jeans and one of about a dozen OD army jackets / shirts or whatever they were called before they became BDUs. Usually over a black t shirt with whatever music group I liked (Rush, The Police, etc.)

I had patched for SAC on an air force one, a 25 ID shirt and a bunch of others. Name tapes (not mine), rank, unit patches, everything. Never heard anyone say anything, they were probably glad I didn't have a bunch of peace patches all over it too. They were probably just happy to see a high school kid who didn't think they were all a bunch of drug addicted baby killers.

Digital_Damage
02-23-19, 16:08
Dicks are gonna dick...

I am curious what IC is, and sorry our weather sucks right now.

Andy

Intel

The rain has been atrocious all week, but today was nice.

it beats the snow that I fled from in VA.

The hotel situation here sucks, everything is sold out and it is a PIA finding a place that is within GSA rates....

Third hotel this week, none of them could accommodate us for the whole trip.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-23-19, 17:20
So... I work in IC.

Co-worker (22 year old female) and I (old as ****) are wondering around Huntsville, AL.

Walking around a mall with our Sweet 5:11 backpacks (discounted because of where we work) minding our own business, waiting for 3:00 to check in to our hotel.

Some gangly redneck (25'ish) strolls up sternly asking "when did you get out, how long did you serve?!" Extending his hand. I kindly shake it and state we did, not never have.

He strolls away and yells "that's cool! The important part is you look like you did! right?!"

What is up with these dicks?

Why do I think that if we was what he thinks he is, he wouldn't say what he said.

Straight Shooter
02-23-19, 19:33
Sssup to all in Rocket City...be careful, and stay dry. DANGEROUS tonight.

Averageman
02-23-19, 19:56
We have a generation of snowflake veterans, not all of them, but many of the most vocal never left the FOB.

Honu
02-23-19, 20:16
I can't tell you its classified :) hahahahahahahahahaahahaha

officer = some financial position ? a LEO ? CIA ?

agent = border ? FBI ? real estate ?

MegademiC
02-23-19, 20:40
Why does he think a backpack makes someone look like they are in the military?

Lot of weird people out there.

Pappabear
02-23-19, 21:31
because they have Dain Bramage , period

My daughter won't let me call them RETARDED, so I won't

PB

pinzgauer
02-24-19, 07:30
Why does he think a backpack makes someone look like they are in the military?

Because exposed MOLLE == mil wannabe in the new calculus

Does not matter that the gear is in a non mil color, or is not even something useful to mil

I'm also starting to think tsa has mollephobia... "I see MOLLE, must have a hidden IED"

Digital_Damage
02-24-19, 07:52
I can't tell you its classified :) hahahahahahahahahaahahaha

officer = some financial position ? a LEO ? CIA ?

agent = border ? FBI ? real estate ?

I could be working at Moes in the cafeteria, not sure of the numbers but I would say 40% of the positions are contract. Lots of misconceptions about working in that community, mostly paper pushing un-class and not know what you are pushing. Just cogs.

The point is, we get great discounts and the catalog is somewhat limited. 5:11, Champion and a few others.

jsbhike
02-24-19, 08:10
Just thought of another one going back to when MARPAT came out so it could have been an email list or forum. Sportsmans Guide had got some blem USMC boots so one of the members shared the link and that he ordered a pair. Members claiming to be retired (and maybe current too) USMC then started piling on that he shouldn't wear them out anywhere unless he had been in.

Firefly
02-24-19, 08:46
Aahh MARPAT reeing and shenanigans. That takes me back.

I have gone to classes with a capital city who gave their sharpshooters "digital woodland" because at the time it worked pretty good. Now they use solids or multicam.

MARPAT to me is stuff with actual Marine insignia. Digital Woodland is fair play because at least in Georgia it works as good as if not better than M81 woodland.

Multicam works, but doesn't work depending on season.

I always stuck to Woodland because I am a cheapskate.

The only camo I wear in public is Desert Storm camo because of my strong affinity for 90s hip hop culture

Dennis
02-24-19, 09:11
The only camo I wear in public is Desert Storm camo because of my strong affinity for 90s hip hop culture

Firefly,

Totally OT, but I have to assume you have seen this show?

"Slobby's World" on Netflix
www.netflix.com/title/81029647

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
02-24-19, 10:25

PB

Just say it like I do, with the New Englanduh accent: “That guy? Yeah, he’s retahded.”

Bulletdog
02-24-19, 10:44

PB

Write this down on a sheet of paper and have your daughter read it aloud. Hopefully in front of lots of other people.

In fact, everyone reading this should just go ahead and read the bold quoted portions out loud right now.

"I AM WEE TODD DID"

Quickly follow it up with:

"I AM SOFA KING WEE TODD DID"

Honu
02-24-19, 12:40
I could be working at Moes in the cafeteria, not sure of the numbers but I would say 40% of the positions are contract. Lots of misconceptions about working in that community, mostly paper pushing un-class and not know what you are pushing. Just cogs.

The point is, we get great discounts and the catalog is somewhat limited. 5:11, Champion and a few others.

I hear ya for sure :)
one of my old buds is a freaking walking billboard for his discounts but its all good stuff he likes so why not

its all about maturity reckon that punk has none :)

sure that dude went home and asked his mom to make him some pizza rolls cause he had a rough day :) hahaahahahaha

people are strange for sure hahahahahaha

Moose-Knuckle
02-26-19, 04:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJUjRGHpxQ

3 AE
02-26-19, 10:06
Write this down on a sheet of paper and have your daughter read it aloud. Hopefully in front of lots of other people.

In fact, everyone reading this should just go ahead and read the bold quoted portions out loud right now.

"I AM WEE TODD DID"

Quickly follow it up with:

"I AM SOFA KING WEE TODD DID"

"THAT WAS SOFA KING FUNNY!" :lol: